Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,862 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

In Truth, We Still Have Some Good Nigerians Around. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In Truth, We Still Have Some Good Nigerians Around. (642 Views)

Biafra - The Good Nigerians In The East May Go Bad Soon / Dikko’s Trial By Ordeal And Truth We Must Know / Is Nairaland The Only Conglomerate Of Good Nigerians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

In Truth, We Still Have Some Good Nigerians Around. by EmmyDe25(m): 6:01pm On Jan 15, 2016
Amidst the numerous challenges that bedeviled this nation. I find it rather surprising that some people still chose to be nice. This might look like a non-story to some people though, but I was somewhat blown apart by this unexpected act of good gesture by a good Samaritan; such that i was moved to share. So, I left my office for home yesterday sometimes around 7pm (earliest I’ve closed in 2 weeks), entered a keke from GRA to Ikeja, and then to Ogba. Got to Ogba bus stop, and discovered the traffic was hellish so I decided to take a bike down home. Got home, hopped off the bike and brought out the N100 I had in my pocket to pay the bike man as i entered my gate.
Meanwhile, One of my neighborhood friends was just coming back from work and decided to call in; asking that I give him N50 to pay off the bike man because he wasn’t having change. I dashed into the bedroom to pick up my wallet but the wallet dramatically turned to our missing budget wink. Ransacked the entire house but still couldn’t find it. Eventually the bikeman had to leave. My friend stayed back for a while and decided to take his leave when he realized I was restive; as I was fixated in finding the missing wallet, couldn’t even see him off.
I continued the search till around 11pm until I heard my phone ring. Picked up the phone reluctantly, and it was a man who asked if I was “Mr Emmanuel” I answered hurriedly and what followed afterward was “I found your wallet somewhere in Ogba but I’m at home now in Abule-Egba”. Let me know where I can meet you tomorrow morning so I can hand over the wallet to you. To cut the long story short, the man called at about 6:10am today, came to my street to return my Perry Ellis wallet UNTOUCHED! Offered him money as compensation for the stress but he declined. I was marveled! Didn’t know we still have some good Nigerians around…especially in Lagos! Mind you, I have close to N10,000 in the wallet, my access card to the office , 3 ATM cards, one for my salary account and other valuables. I just felt I should relay this in a public forum like this that indeed, there are still some good Nigerians around who are ready to go a million mile for their fellow countrymen at no cost. Big Sean was right after all, “One man can change the world”

Cc: lalasticlala, mynd44
Re: In Truth, We Still Have Some Good Nigerians Around. by paulworld(m): 6:07pm On Jan 15, 2016
OK good for you. Only few can be this kind. Not sure if am among the few though
Re: In Truth, We Still Have Some Good Nigerians Around. by bclemsnews(m): 6:14pm On Jan 15, 2016
More news @ www.bclems.com

(1) (Reply)

55 Nigerians Stole 1.34 Trillion In 7 Years- Lai Mohammed / 4000 Customs Officers Faced With Demotion / $2.1 BILLION ARMS SCANDAL: Two Ex-service Chiefs Admit Loots, Plead To Refund

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.