Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,756 members, 7,820,623 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

Mysterious: Baby's Crying; Mother's Breast Wet - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mysterious: Baby's Crying; Mother's Breast Wet (1873 Views)

Groom Crying On His Wedding, What May Be Wrong? / My 1st Daughter Saw Her 1st Period Today & She’s Been Crying All Day - Doctor / Whats Wrong With This Photo Of A Semi Unclad Mother Breast-feeding Her Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mysterious: Baby's Crying; Mother's Breast Wet by funshint(m): 7:13pm On Jan 15, 2016
I experienced something strange and amazing today...really the bond btw mother and child is quite supernatural. While at d office this morning a member of my department who happens to be a nursing mother suddenly discovered that her breast was letting out milk; we could also see it because d cloth area on her chest had become wet. The next thing she said was that her baby who happens to be in a daycare several houses away is crying. I doubted this at first but what happened within the next 2minutes actually shocked me...right before my very eyes she got a call from the daycare owner that her baby was crying as such her attention was needed. This really got me shocked 'cos I've not seen this before. Is there anybody in the house that has heard, seen or experienced something similar, pls let's share our thoughts. Is this a common experience in women? Thanks!
Re: Mysterious: Baby's Crying; Mother's Breast Wet by VickyRotex(f): 7:17pm On Jan 15, 2016
Lol. Its nothing strange. It happens! Seen it several times.

Seen My Mum, My Aunt, different nursing mothers. So it's not new.

Medically, I learnt It's the woman's way of perfecting the art of making milk and sticking to a feeding schedule.

So you see, the baby could have a specific time for feeding, and once the breast isnt available to suck, ofcourse he/she automatically starts crying, and when the mother's breast starts dripping, she knows it's because of the baby's feeding schedule, and she automatically believes or let me say assumes that her baby is crying.

So basically, its a way of reminding the mother of the feeding schedule.

I also learnt, your baby doesn't have to cry before your breast drip. Thinking about your baby alone, could trigger that. There are also different things that triggers it.

5 Likes

Re: Mysterious: Baby's Crying; Mother's Breast Wet by cococandy(f): 7:25pm On Jan 15, 2016
It's natural not mysterious

1 Like

Re: Mysterious: Baby's Crying; Mother's Breast Wet by funshint(m): 7:26pm On Jan 15, 2016
Really...wonderful I must say smiley
Re: Mysterious: Baby's Crying; Mother's Breast Wet by Tallesty1(m): 7:27pm On Jan 15, 2016
It happens
Re: Mysterious: Baby's Crying; Mother's Breast Wet by Vision4God: 7:40pm On Jan 15, 2016
Yeah....not new at all.
Re: Mysterious: Baby's Crying; Mother's Breast Wet by obinnashady(m): 7:51pm On Jan 15, 2016
Mmiri ara n'azu nwa.

1 Like

Re: Mysterious: Baby's Crying; Mother's Breast Wet by McSquishi(f): 8:07pm On Jan 15, 2016
Yes, it's common. As a previous poster said, they are likely on a schedule. So he's crying for the food that's running late & her body is producing the food expecting baby to be there. I've heard of lactating moms whose milk is triggered by babies' cries, even if the baby isn't theirs.

It's nothing new, sure. But I think it's great that op took the time to appreciate the miracle of this thing we often take for granted. It is actually very mysterious how our bodies know what to do & how to do. It's beautiful.
Re: Mysterious: Baby's Crying; Mother's Breast Wet by Blade21: 1:02am On Jan 16, 2016
am currently nursing once I leave my baby if he's crying at home I feel it my milk starts dripping in de next minute my mum will call dunno de explanations for it but it works
Re: Mysterious: Baby's Crying; Mother's Breast Wet by Nobody: 3:51am On Jan 16, 2016
Hehehehe. Lmao. If not for breast pad for lactating mothers, u would have been seeing wet blouses upandan.

The lady should try and get breast pads to avoid soiling her blouses.
Re: Mysterious: Baby's Crying; Mother's Breast Wet by Nobody: 6:22am On Jan 16, 2016
My sister use to call home at the exact moment the baby woke up or just wanted to feed. It always shocked me, she'd be on the phone making demands on what to feed the child in the meanwhile. The female body is a miracle for lack of a better word...

McSquishi:
Yes, it's common. As a previous poster said, they are likely on a schedule. So he's crying for the food that's running late & her body is producing the food expecting baby to be there. I've heard of lactating moms whose milk is triggered by babies' cries, even if the baby isn't theirs.

It's nothing new, sure. But I think it's great that op took the time to appreciate the miracle of this thing we often take for granted. It is actually very mysterious how our bodies know what to do & how to do. It's beautiful.

1 Like

Re: Mysterious: Baby's Crying; Mother's Breast Wet by nnamdibig(m): 8:06am On Jan 16, 2016
Nubian113:
My sister use to call home at the exact moment the baby woke up or just wanted to feed. It always shocked me, she'd be on the phone making demands on what to feed the child in the meanwhile. The female body is a miracle for lack of a better word...

Your sister is truly a mother
Re: Mysterious: Baby's Crying; Mother's Breast Wet by Nobody: 8:20am On Jan 16, 2016
nnamdibig:

Your sister is truly a mother

Thank you love, she really is. 25yrs hard labour and she's still rolling deep while looking 10yrs her junior. She's my superwoman. That's what my brother calls her. Again thank you for recognising that.
Re: Mysterious: Baby's Crying; Mother's Breast Wet by Fiwasayo(f): 8:53am On Jan 16, 2016
VickyRotex:

Medically, I learnt It's the woman's way of perfecting the art of making milk and sticking to a feeding schedule.

So you see, the baby could have a specific time for feeding, and once the breast isnt available to suck, ofcourse he/she automatically starts crying, and when the mother's breast starts dripping, she knows it's because of the baby's feeding schedule, and she automatically believes or let me say assumes that her baby is crying.

I also learnt, your baby doesn't have to cry before your breast drip. Thinking about your baby alone, could trigger that. There are also different things that triggers it.

Makes sense smiley

1 Like

Re: Mysterious: Baby's Crying; Mother's Breast Wet by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jan 16, 2016
Lol @ people trying to find extraordinary explanation to an ordinary situation.

The baby and the milk flow are already on a schedule, so it's çompletely normal for the milk to flow right about the time the baby is hungry.
Re: Mysterious: Baby's Crying; Mother's Breast Wet by VickyRotex(f): 2:28pm On Jan 16, 2016
Fiwasayo:

Makes sense smiley

Thank You smiley
Re: Mysterious: Baby's Crying; Mother's Breast Wet by Mizwisdom(f): 8:17pm On Jan 16, 2016
This is interesting smiley
Re: Mysterious: Baby's Crying; Mother's Breast Wet by BuddhaPalm(m): 4:04pm On Jan 17, 2016
VickyRotex:

Classical conditioning...

1 Like

Re: Mysterious: Baby's Crying; Mother's Breast Wet by VickyRotex(f): 4:28pm On Jan 17, 2016
BuddhaPalm:

Classical conditioning...

Thanks for the word.

(1) (Reply)

Physical Abuse And Divorce Issues In Marriage. / Marriage Is Not A Poverty Alleviation Program / Adult Content On Cartoon Network (graphic content)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.