Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,660 members, 7,820,324 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

I Need Information On How To Take Care Of My Pet Rabbits - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / I Need Information On How To Take Care Of My Pet Rabbits (1192 Views)

My Pet Mastiffs / Pet Rabbits For Sale / JF Rabbits: Perfect Pet Rabbits And Quality Breeding Stock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Information On How To Take Care Of My Pet Rabbits by ValerianSteel(m): 10:06pm On Jan 15, 2016
Hello Petlanders.I'm about to adopt two very cute white-coat bunnies into my home.I need information on how to properly handle them:

-concerning their feeding,what types of food would I be giving to them,

-how many times a day should they be fed,

-how do I handle hygeine and health issues

-would I need a cage for them,specifications on cage size.

-What are their do's and don't?Their haves and have not.

-Lastly considering they would be male and female.I need advice on mating,how do I know if the female is swollen with kittens.

Your advice would be highly appreciated.
Re: I Need Information On How To Take Care Of My Pet Rabbits by Benbobola(m): 4:26am On Jan 16, 2016
OK...first of all, what are their ages? it matters a lot. Rabbits subsists satisfactorily on fibre. what they need is a high fibre diet. At times, its plant material like rabbit weed, elephant grass, maize shaft cover, e.t.c. one thing you must also know is you can give chicken grower mash. The only thing is DAT you have to buy wheat offal or rice bran (good sources of fibre) and mix it with the feed. Do not feed the rabbits solely on chicken feed without enough extra fibre content, otherwise, they would develop bloat and die (one of the digestive problems of rabbits).

Rabbits are very prolific. They become sexually active from 5 months.

If your sole reason of having them is breeding, pls do not keep them in the same place. keep them separate. When its time to mate, NEVER take the male to meet the female, rather take the female to the male or else, she will castrate him.
I have a male Rabbit who is 1year, 5months old. He's used to me and his surrounding so, he's allowed t roam around the house. He carved his own sleeping corner, so when we need to find him, we know where to look.
Hope I have been of good help. Contact if you need more tips. Good luck

2 Likes

Re: I Need Information On How To Take Care Of My Pet Rabbits by ValerianSteel(m): 12:54pm On Jan 16, 2016
Benbobola:
OK...first of all, what are their ages? it matters a lot. Rabbits subsists satisfactorily on fibre. what they need is a high fibre diet. At times, its plant material like rabbit weed, elephant grass, maize shaft cover, e.t.c. one thing you must also know is you can give chicken grower mash. The only thing is DAT you have to buy wheat offal or rice bran (good sources of fibre) and mix it with the feed. Do not feed the rabbits solely on chicken feed without enough extra fibre content, otherwise, they would develop bloat and die (one of the digestive problems of rabbits).

Rabbits are very prolific. They become sexually active from 5 months.

If your sole reason of having them is breeding, pls do not keep them in the same place. keep them separate. When its time to mate, NEVER take the male to meet the female, rather take the female to the male or else, she will castrate him.
I have a male Rabbit who is 1year, 5months old. He's used to me and his surrounding so, he's allowed t roam around the house. He carved his own sleeping corner, so when we need to find him, we know where to look.
Hope I have been of good help. Contact if you need more tips. Good luck
Thanks a lot.

They are about six months.I just intend to have them not for breeding purposes.I'll contact you for more.You've been very helpful.
Re: I Need Information On How To Take Care Of My Pet Rabbits by Benbobola(m): 7:46am On Jan 17, 2016
You are welcome

(1) (Reply)

Bella The Boerboel Dropped Her First Litter Yesterday / Pedigree Rottweiler Pups For Sale / German Shepherd Puppy Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.