Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,741 members, 7,851,547 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:24 PM

~Wimbledon 2009~ - Sports (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / ~Wimbledon 2009~ (7769 Views)

Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon / Rafael Nadal Knocked-out Of Wimbledon 2013 In 1st Round Match / Wimbledon 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ~Wimbledon 2009~ by gyde(m): 7:25pm On Jul 05, 2009
This wasnt a g8 wkend for me,tennis-wise,I wanted VENUS to win,she didnt,I wanted somone to challenge federer-no one could, Am afraid I could lose interest in the sport, unless of cos RAFA gets back or better still HENIN comes out of retirement
Re: ~Wimbledon 2009~ by Phony200(m): 8:04pm On Jul 05, 2009
gyde:

This wasnt a g8 wkend for me,tennis-wise,I wanted VENUS to win,she didnt,I wanted somone to challenge federer-no one could, Am afraid I could lose interest in the sport, unless of cos RAFA gets back or better still HENIN comes out of retirement

If today wasn't a challenge, was it because they didn't get to 50-48? I'd also like the see Henin-hardenne back but it most likely won't happen. Nadal or no Nadal, tennis is not getting boring at all.
Re: ~Wimbledon 2009~ by dominique(f): 8:40pm On Jul 05, 2009
Phony200:

Don't hate them cos they're hotter than you, they're hotter than you, they gbona feli feli bi amala to jina gan gan, grin grin grin grin grin cheesy wink

angry angry angry angry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: ~Wimbledon 2009~ by gyde(m): 8:59pm On Jul 05, 2009
Phony200:

If today wasn't a challenge, was it because they didn't get to 50-48? I'd also like the see Henin-hardenne back but it most likely won't happen. Nadal or no Nadal, tennis is not getting boring at all.

They dont need to get to 50-48 alright but by challenge-I meant challenge to defeat,what is the use pushing all the way withot achieving the feat?,that last set,I knew roddick would fade out the first,he is not mentally strong enuf to challenge Federer,only Nadal could do that-too bad for the sport
Re: ~Wimbledon 2009~ by Tatase(f): 11:48pm On Jul 05, 2009
Phony200:

Drink ye, drink ye. Hey Serena, bring my tray now!!

U're not serious!!! He dare not try that with Serena. She'll slam him upside the head with her racket like his head is a tennis ball!!! He better keep that one for his house.

Phony200:

Don't hate them cos they're hotter than you, they're hotter than you, they gbona feli feli bi amala to jina gan gan, grin grin grin grin grin cheesy wink

LOL!!!!!!! It's always when the one you're supporting loses that their opponent is selfish. If selfishness is a crime then I'm sure Federer and Serena will happily chop their punishment [size=7pt] (and their prize money).
Re: ~Wimbledon 2009~ by dachamp(m): 12:12am On Jul 06, 2009
@Tatase
You are awake, atleast Federer didn't disaapoint you grin
Re: ~Wimbledon 2009~ by Tatase(f): 12:20am On Jul 06, 2009
dachamp:

@Tatase
You are awake, atleast Federer didn't disaapoint you grin

Yes o !!! (to both counts). We thank God! I'm VERY satisfied with Federer. . . and I've found another male tennis player to support in Roddick. . .
Re: ~Wimbledon 2009~ by Grizzly(m): 12:38am On Jul 06, 2009
Phew! Just coming out of serving a ban for God-Knows-What(spam like message)
I hate federer wit every passing slam. I missed nadal. We all did. I felt like he was teasing roddick and that made me even angrier.
"fed! Nadal will whoop ur swiss a$$ any time OK! Pick on someone your size you coward!"
Re: ~Wimbledon 2009~ by dachamp(m): 12:45am On Jul 06, 2009

Yes o !!! (to both counts). We thank God! I'm VERY satisfied with Federer. . . and I've found another male tennis player to support in Roddick. . .

You're definitely right Roddick, was very impressive I never expected him to put in a good performance especial against Federer judging from his previous encounter with Federer, it was an entertaining match thou. if Roddick can repeat today's performance in the up coming USA open he'll be rated among the favourite for the final
Re: ~Wimbledon 2009~ by Tatase(f): 1:02am On Jul 06, 2009
dachamp:

You're definitely right Roddick, was very impressive I never expected him to put in a good performance especial against Federer judging from his previous encounter with Federer, it was an entertaining match thou. if Roddick can repeat today's performance in the up coming USA open he'll be rated among the favourite for the final

True! I completely agree!!
Re: ~Wimbledon 2009~ by timmfikk(m): 11:49am On Jul 06, 2009
How i wish my bwoy NADAL never pull out of the Tournament, it would have been another turning point for him,  cry cry miss you true Madridista
Re: ~Wimbledon 2009~ by Tudor6(f): 11:49am On Jul 07, 2009
Wimbledon is OVER!
Now you guys should focus on the Tour dope de France. . . grin
Re: ~Wimbledon 2009~ by dayokanu(m): 8:31pm On Jul 10, 2009
Now tell me who the greatest tennis player of all time is

When Nadal meets 15 grand slams he should talk till then Rafa should tape it when the UNDISPUTED G.O.A T RGER "FEDEX" FEDERER is talking

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ladi Martins Is Dead / Africa365.com Is A Scam / UCL : Real Madrid Vs Juventus Tonight @ 7:45pm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.