Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,171 members, 7,811,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:02 AM

PHOTOS: The Beauty Of Enugu City - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / PHOTOS: The Beauty Of Enugu City (80409 Views)

Pictures Of Cars On The Street Of Enugu In 1959 / The Beauty Of Abuja Airport Runway At Night As It Nears Completion / Cleaners Mopping The Floor Of Enugu Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHOTOS: The Beauty Of Enugu City by Alexo4real(m): 3:14pm On Jan 16, 2016
Enugu is indeed a beautiful city. Proud to be 042.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: The Beauty Of Enugu City by Viktor1983(m): 3:16pm On Jan 16, 2016
NakedEve:
Rubbish. Enugu this Enugu DAT.
Mtschew.
Until I begin to see East having skyscrapers like our dear Lagos kiss I will always look at Igbos for what they r.......Backward!

Enugu was never federal capital territory, why would u compare both? if u pump in Nigerian money in enugu, the way it was pumped into lagos and currently abuja....If u see enugu u go enter coma.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PHOTOS: The Beauty Of Enugu City by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jan 16, 2016
Some people are like....seriously?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: The Beauty Of Enugu City by Mavor: 3:18pm On Jan 16, 2016
Udmaster:
yap. Enugu Girls are beautiful.
Yea, Enugu ladies are some of the best Ibo land offers. Wifey material to the core. Except she was born and raised in Lagos... cry
Re: PHOTOS: The Beauty Of Enugu City by Tacticalmind: 3:20pm On Jan 16, 2016
I saw the pictures and I was like, wow! Beautiful city and I continued looking through the comments and started seeing Igbo people derailing and insulting places like Ibadan and Osun. Even when Yoruba pple are appreciating your city, you started insulting theirs without them saying anything. Do you have to always compare and contrast? Beautiful City tho.
My Igbo pple sha, na wa o

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: The Beauty Of Enugu City by franklingud(m): 3:21pm On Jan 16, 2016
grin
Shey abakpa nti ike and obiagu no be enugu again. Not to forget coal camp and acharalayout.

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: The Beauty Of Enugu City by Angelovic96: 3:23pm On Jan 16, 2016
connectikut89:
Beautiful scenery! shocked

Dats how you know a govt is working unlike some who only know how to blame its predecessors e.g One black-like-charcoal governor dat can talk for Africa yet nothing tangible to show for his almost 8 years of "misgovernance"

You can go to his state and see for yourself undecided

The state u are referring is no other state than IMO infact i pity the people of imo state we entered one chance

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: The Beauty Of Enugu City by maum: 3:25pm On Jan 16, 2016
It's beautiful. So neat and I hear it's a very calm, serene and civilised place. Will like to visit and maybe live there some day. Ka anyi gbakoo aka dozie obodo anyi.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: The Beauty Of Enugu City by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 3:26pm On Jan 16, 2016
Sanchez01:

Garriki-Akwunanaw, Amechi, et al, are just rowdy places and almost near average. The true highlight of Enugu is in Enugu North and some part of Enugu South such as Uwani.
Enugu south is well planned and developed.
It only has cheaper housing than the north.
Rowdy parts of the south is near garriki and mayor mkts but you will agree with me that ogbete mkt in the north is rowdy as well. Nigerian mkts are rowdy .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: The Beauty Of Enugu City by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jan 16, 2016
Una never see garriki, camp, obiagu and co.
Re: PHOTOS: The Beauty Of Enugu City by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 3:30pm On Jan 16, 2016
samobo:
They say igbo dont sell land to outsiders, well check out the name on the third pix...

Where is the second pox located in Enugu
Re: PHOTOS: The Beauty Of Enugu City by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jan 16, 2016
Nothing to celebrate here.

Our standards should far surpass this.

Here is a street in the Angolan Capital, this is what we should be setting as standard.

[img]http://mycontinent.co/IMGAngola/Cities/City-center.jpg[/img]
Re: PHOTOS: The Beauty Of Enugu City by kirchofff(m): 3:32pm On Jan 16, 2016
funnynation:
New Heaven, Umu Otigba Junction, Ajiya shop, Mama Ekpere. I rep 042... I rep Nsukka.. I rep Obukpa..
FunnyNation comedian coming soon
nwa nsukka chop knuckle

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: The Beauty Of Enugu City by morganwizzy55(m): 3:34pm On Jan 16, 2016
NE keep bombing and destroying their small hut....driving developer away from rebuilding their tattered environment
Re: PHOTOS: The Beauty Of Enugu City by omenka(m): 3:36pm On Jan 16, 2016
Rossikk:
It's not a modern city if it lacks pedestrian sidewalks and covered drains. They still have much work to do.
Sure they do, but it is a good start. Sidewalks alone don't make a modern city. Matter of fact, it is better to have a city that is neat but without sidewalks than have sidewalks all across a dirty city.

Right or wrong??

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: The Beauty Of Enugu City by Afam4eva(m): 3:36pm On Jan 16, 2016
GenBuhari:
Nothing to celebrate here.

Our standards should far surpass this.

Here is a street in the Angolan Capital, this is what we should be setting as standard.

[img]http://mycontinent.co/IMGAngola/Cities/City-center.jpg[/img]
I'm beginning to think you're the same person as Rossikki. You guys have a lot in common i must say. Both of you only have something negative to say when it involves the South East. Both of you claim to be Igbo but have never been seen in any genuine Igbo threads to add your inputs.

@topic
Enugu wu obodo ndi oma. Only time will tell.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: The Beauty Of Enugu City by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 3:36pm On Jan 16, 2016
Movingcoil:
Una never see garriki, camp, obiagu and co.
I am yet to see an area more planned than camp.
Like I said before, the only difference is that it has old bungalows.
Re: PHOTOS: The Beauty Of Enugu City by chidieze356(m): 3:36pm On Jan 16, 2016
I never knew my state is this beautiful..... Chai, what a humiliation... In my thirty something years on earth, I never knew my state is this beautiful probably because I never had the chance to visit regularly as I would have loved to.

So happy and proud of what I am seeing here... 042....042....042...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: The Beauty Of Enugu City by InvertedHammer: 3:40pm On Jan 16, 2016
/
SULLIVAN CHIME SHOULD BE IMMORTALIZED!

It is not about the infrastructures; the quality of works is first class.

/

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: The Beauty Of Enugu City by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jan 16, 2016
inlandtaipan:
Some of your pictures are not Enugu.
Iam full blooded 042 most of the pics are not located in 042
Re: PHOTOS: The Beauty Of Enugu City by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jan 16, 2016
Enugu is indeed a beautiful city, relatively low cost of food, a wide range of residential areas to choose from depending on your income and choice, tall handsome young men and charming women.... Good wife material especially from Nsukka.

The past Gov. Chime really did well in managing the state funds well... Hardly owed workers, embarked on and completed so many road projects in the state, rural electrification, free maternity care, provided buses for most schools in the state both govt and mission schools....

@OP it will be nice if you can find pics of Akwata by Mgbemene round about, and show the world how it was before and the magic Arab contractors did there as it is now.

Sullivan was indeed a blessing to this state and will never be forgotten..... Amidst all this laudable projects he never boasted for one day.... But allowed the people to see and talk with their mouth..... He is my political role model in terms of infrastructural development..... May God bless him more...
Even Buhari attested to his good works when he came for camping in Enugu.

'Sullivan bu member nezie'

The current Gov should pls start something.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: The Beauty Of Enugu City by Gkemz: 3:47pm On Jan 16, 2016
Credit to the past Chime's administration. The best governor when it comes to good road network and infrastructures.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: The Beauty Of Enugu City by Modalem: 3:50pm On Jan 16, 2016
Good city. i love city 4 her peace

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: The Beauty Of Enugu City by omenka(m): 3:50pm On Jan 16, 2016
Wow. So Innoson produces city shuttles as well. Impressive. I wonder why all state governments wouldn't make orders for those vehicles, get at least 10 each and see more engineers employed while we curb capital flight as added advantage. Enough of the Marcopolo nonsense.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: The Beauty Of Enugu City by scantee(m): 3:57pm On Jan 16, 2016
My lovely home state, proudly 042..@op abeg go snap my house @ back of CBN off union bank, okpara avenue.. Make sure u snap my mum join oo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: The Beauty Of Enugu City by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jan 16, 2016
omenka:
Wow. So Innoson produces city shuttles as well. Impressive. I wonder why all state governments wouldn't make orders for those vehicles, get at least 10 each and see more engineers employed while we curb capital flight as added advantage. Enough of the Marcopolo nonsense.
they even manufacture/assemble jeeps, heavy duty trucks and salon cars... http://innosongroup.com/innosonmotors/........

. I read somewhere they recently laid off staff.... Low business patronage I guess.... Plus having not had a grip on the retail side.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: The Beauty Of Enugu City by topazgold: 4:00pm On Jan 16, 2016
Plzzzzzzz don't allow me to give you the beauty of aba, Abia state.
Re: PHOTOS: The Beauty Of Enugu City by scantee(m): 4:04pm On Jan 16, 2016
Bubewilson:
Enugu is indeed a beautiful city, relatively low cost of food, a wide range of residential areas to choose from depending on your income and choice, tall handsome young men and charming women.... Good wife material especially from Nsukka.

The past Gov. Chime really did well in managing the state funds well... Hardly owed workers, embarked on and completed so many road projects in the state, rural electrification, free maternity care, provided buses for most schools in the state both govt and mission schools....

@OP it will be nice if you can find pics of Akwata by Mgbemene round about, and show the world how it was before and the magic Arab contractors did there as it is now.

Sullivan was indeed a blessing to this state and will never be forgotten..... Amidst all this laudable projects he never boasted for one day.... But allowed the people to see and talk with their mouth..... He is my political role model in terms of infrastructural development..... May God bless him more...
Even Buhari attested to his good works when he came for camping in Enugu.

'Sullivan bu member nezie'

The current Gov should pls start something.
the last time i drove pass that akwata mgbemene area in 2013 God! I could'nt believe my eye, the way the open that sharp bending corner is amazing...that place use to be a dead zone, Chime really tried, abeg @op go snap that albertina/MFM Bridge in zik avenue area lets see the progress so far..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: The Beauty Of Enugu City by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jan 16, 2016
scantee:
My lovely home state, proudly 042..@op abeg go snap my house @ back of CBN off union bank, okpara avenue.. Make sure u snap my mum join oo
lols even una neighbors too.

Coal city garden estate, Alderton Street or Aghaji crescent?
Re: PHOTOS: The Beauty Of Enugu City by Udmaster(m): 4:04pm On Jan 16, 2016
scantee:
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Kai diz is funny o
Re: PHOTOS: The Beauty Of Enugu City by scantee(m): 4:07pm On Jan 16, 2016
Bubewilson:
lols even una neighbors too.

Coal city garden estate, Alderton Street or Aghaji crescent?
aderton street

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Life in Beijing As an International Student. / Good Beach: The Newest Beach In Lagos (Stunning Pictures) / Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.