Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:59 AM

Five People That Can Ruin Your Wedding Ceremony - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Five People That Can Ruin Your Wedding Ceremony (30654 Views)

Lady Serves As Best Man At A Wedding Ceremony In Bayelsa State. Photos / Air Force Officer Kisses His Bride At Their Wedding Ceremony. Photo / Ghanaian Bride Refuses To Kiss Husband In Church During Their Wedding Ceremony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five People That Can Ruin Your Wedding Ceremony by ghostwritter(m): 6:17pm On Jan 16, 2016
EroticAngelina:
Nice cheesy
5- Exes. they can so ruin your wedding.

solution- get pictures of all ur exes(bride and groom), give them to the security men.
they shouldn't allow them inside.
as for me, i go carry all my 'exes' pictures go show BABALAWO before i fix wedding date.

1 Like

Re: Five People That Can Ruin Your Wedding Ceremony by Mjshexy(f): 6:18pm On Jan 16, 2016
The church where the wedding is to take place, if u don't want people leaving the church to go wait for u at the reception venue please warn the pastors & elders to keep to the agreed time, service that's not suppose to be more dan 3hrs will end up staying for 5 or 6hrs angry

2 Likes

Re: Five People That Can Ruin Your Wedding Ceremony by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jan 16, 2016
steadynana:
get a good photographer that won't tell you stories after the wedding

ADVISE

Dare to use more than one professional Photographers on your wedding day
Re: Five People That Can Ruin Your Wedding Ceremony by viktor01(m): 6:29pm On Jan 16, 2016
Exactly why my wedding must be a ten man wedding and strictly by invitation.

3 Likes

Re: Five People That Can Ruin Your Wedding Ceremony by bfatoba(m): 6:40pm On Jan 16, 2016
Again... Forget all these minor details... things that aren't supposed to happen will happen, it might even RAIN!! yeah I said it lolz
Bride and Groom won't have anything but a bit of the cake and sip of wine. People won't be happy, Others wouldn't want to go home
Couple will fight and people will ask for more money for things you clearly got enough of.

The amount of your stress will be based on these 4 letter R.S.V.P

the best weddings I've been to, had open bar where you drink till you get carried home
Serve yourself food, and enough for whoever wants to take home to do so too.

but then again... not many can afford to rid themselves of these stress.

Side Story

I was best man at my friends' wedding, and the evening of the introduction, the MC wouldn't let us in because we had to pay to get in, we paid and paid and paid o, but this lady who I coulda sworn was part of the brides family, wouldn't let us in because we hadn't paid enough. So we kept paying O, until an actual family member of the bride came outside and yelled HABA!!! .... we later found out the lady was HIRED and had already been paid too... but it was just tradition to give her something.

Hence I came to the Conclusion that During my wedding, whenever I'm not having my way...... my go to line is "ALRIGHT, I DON'T WANT ANYMORE ... just to see the person's reaction.

If you're prostrating too Long, just get up and say "ALRIGHT, I DON'T WANT ANYMORE"
If they aren't allowing you into the introduction for payment just say "ALRIGHT, I DON'T WANT ANYMORE"
If Someone is asking you for money for something you've paid for already, just say "ALRIGHT, I DON'T WANT ANYMORE"

its a joke btw.. but I'm just the person to try it.

uhm just to be on the safe side, let your bride be aware before that its a joke, or else you might have the sobbing bride marriage pictures grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Five People That Can Ruin Your Wedding Ceremony by ritux: 6:46pm On Jan 16, 2016
Cake Baker

Hall Decorator

Wedding Planner if you contracted one.

MC

1 Like

Re: Five People That Can Ruin Your Wedding Ceremony by onyeogalu1(m): 6:53pm On Jan 16, 2016
ilsmiling:
No 1 funny sha, if dat happens heen, well, i comment my reserve.

I have witnessed No 1 in Abuja. It wasn't funny.
Re: Five People That Can Ruin Your Wedding Ceremony by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jan 16, 2016
grin grin grin
Re: Five People That Can Ruin Your Wedding Ceremony by okooloyun1(m): 7:33pm On Jan 16, 2016
EVENT CENTRE - After paying so much for the hall you realise on the weeding day that they don't have a standby generator which they claimed they had.

MC - He will keep on talking making unnecessary announcement, dry jokes and at times he sings when you have a musician the most annoying thing is that he keep asking for money as if you come for a fund raising program.

3 Likes

Re: Five People That Can Ruin Your Wedding Ceremony by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jan 16, 2016
Nairalanders! They be shouting endtime wedding, instead of cheers or HML!
Re: Five People That Can Ruin Your Wedding Ceremony by Missmossy(f): 7:43pm On Jan 16, 2016
Lol...this is serious!
Re: Five People That Can Ruin Your Wedding Ceremony by Jckleiin(m): 7:47pm On Jan 16, 2016
ritux:
Cake Baker

Hall Decorator

Wedding Planner if you contracted one.

MC

Yes bro....I attended a wedding were they had to use Tantalizer cake just because the Cake designer was stuck in traffic and didn't make it.
Re: Five People That Can Ruin Your Wedding Ceremony by Onyiido: 7:47pm On Jan 16, 2016
ShakurM:
Sha make sure food circulate.. 3 plates per head at least angry
That of food eee. During my sister's trad, me $ my aunty went $ dominated d kitchen to make sure no food item misses. 1 of d women cooking wanted to eat a chicken part when unknowingly my mum came $ packed d whole meat to her room. Na so me come full ground small as I been dey fear to caution them against "food bulking". Come and see how their heart was burning to d extent they refused cooking. As sensible as my mum was, she just turned $ left them to their fate knowing fully well they've not been paid. My brother dominated the drinks too as he is a no nonsense person. To cut the story short, everyone went home satisfied $ d trad marriage was d talk of town. These caterers can be so mean to keep d best part of the foodstuffs to themselves. Very mean when I say so
Re: Five People That Can Ruin Your Wedding Ceremony by ShakurM(m): 7:59pm On Jan 16, 2016
Onyiido:
That of food eee. During my sister's trad, me $ my aunty went $ dominated d kitchen to make sure no food item misses. 1 of d women cooking wanted to eat a chicken part when unknowingly my mum came $ packed d whole meat to her room. Na so me come full ground small as I been dey fear to caution them against "food bulking". Come and see how their heart was burning to d extent they refused cooking. As sensible as my mum was, she just turned $ left them to their fate knowing fully well they've not been paid. My brother dominated the drinks too as he is a no nonsense person. To cut the story short, everyone went home satisfied $ d trad marriage was d talk of town. These caterers can be so mean to keep d best part of the foodstuffs to themselves. Very mean when I say so
Interesting. I already like your brother . So what did you to supervise or you were just eating ehn tongue
Re: Five People That Can Ruin Your Wedding Ceremony by Onyiido: 8:05pm On Jan 16, 2016
ShakurM:
Interesting. I already like your brother . So what did you to supervise or you were just eating ehn tongue
I supervised the food. My work was immediately they finish cooking, I'll take the food to the store room $ lock it up. I'd go out for like 15mins b4 pple start shouting $ cursing bt I didn't give a damn. Those women can very wicked joined togther with the gluttons (the wedding attendees) who don't know the food aint meant for them alone. At a time, my aunty $ mum had to beg me to open up the storeroom so that pple can eat. They called me iron lady cuz me sef no send anybody.
Re: Five People That Can Ruin Your Wedding Ceremony by teekay213(m): 8:15pm On Jan 16, 2016
Dindondin:
inadequate food for Fali Werepe or Lola Idije family types
wow!u're so on point,u must be an old yoruba movie lover.those women u mentioned can scatter things.

1 Like

Re: Five People That Can Ruin Your Wedding Ceremony by spiralwedge(m): 8:19pm On Jan 16, 2016
Mjshexy:
The church where the wedding is to take place, if u don't want people leaving the church to go wait for u at the reception venue please warn the pastors & elders to keep to the agreed time, service that's not suppose to be more dan 3hrs will end up staying for 5 or 6hrs angry

A wedding service should be btwn 40mins - 1 hour.

1 Like

Re: Five People That Can Ruin Your Wedding Ceremony by Mjshexy(f): 8:22pm On Jan 16, 2016
spiralwedge:

A wedding service should be btwn 40mins - 1 hour.
Abi oh
Re: Five People That Can Ruin Your Wedding Ceremony by Welcomme: 8:28pm On Jan 16, 2016
Video coverage...
Re: Five People That Can Ruin Your Wedding Ceremony by LionInZion: 8:38pm On Jan 16, 2016
Breadfruit:
My wedding was beautiful but it could have been more beautiful. It was like some people just went out of their way to ruin things.
Im still finding it in my heart to forgive those people.
Mind telling us about it? Singles like us may get to learn one or two things. Meanwhile, I have been considering a very low key wedding to avoid all these wahala and unecessary spending, if only my wife to be agrees. Isn't wedding day over rated in this our own part of the world?
Re: Five People That Can Ruin Your Wedding Ceremony by tpiah2: 8:39pm On Jan 16, 2016
Breadfruit:
My wedding was beautiful but it could have been more beautiful. It was like some people just went out of their way to ruin things.
Im still finding it in my heart to forgive those people.

wonder why folks do that, probably one of those things.
Re: Five People That Can Ruin Your Wedding Ceremony by WaleBinSanusi(m): 8:46pm On Jan 16, 2016
Your MC...when you hire a cheap MC which can ruin all that is been put in place..however not all cheap MCs r bad but a very good Mc is not cheap so my nairalanders in case u need a good Mc just call 08181547455 u can ff me on instagram @walebinsanusi
Re: Five People That Can Ruin Your Wedding Ceremony by Amuga(f): 8:51pm On Jan 16, 2016
EroticAngelina:
Nice cheesy

solution- get pictures of all ur exes(bride and groom), give them to the security men.
you are so correct. my ex nearly did that on my wedding.
Re: Five People That Can Ruin Your Wedding Ceremony by ShakurM(m): 8:53pm On Jan 16, 2016
Onyiido:
I supervised the food. My work was immediately they finish cooking, I'll take the food to the store room $ lock it up. I'd go out for like 15mins b4 pple start shouting $ cursing bt I didn't give a damn. Those women can very wicked joined togther with the gluttons (the wedding attendees) who don't know the food aint meant for them alone. At a time, my aunty $ mum had to beg me to open up the storeroom so that pple can eat. They called me iron lady cuz me sef no send anybody.
Jesu! You go wicked o shocked .

1 Like

Re: Five People That Can Ruin Your Wedding Ceremony by tpiah2: 8:59pm On Jan 16, 2016
why so much fighting and bad belle at weddings sef.

its like everyone just uses the opportunity to let out their grievances and grudges.

folks, its supposed to be a wedding, nah?

1 Like

Re: Five People That Can Ruin Your Wedding Ceremony by ewosk: 9:43pm On Jan 16, 2016
GET A GOOD MC....

MC's can ruin occasions big time
Re: Five People That Can Ruin Your Wedding Ceremony by Tinyemeka(m): 9:50pm On Jan 16, 2016
My wedding reception went well.

Ample preparation ahead of time is the key. Nothing is too early to be done.
- We got the caterer at one of our marriage course classes (3 months to the date). Same went for the decorator who also handled the wedding gown and cakes. The lady is an angel.
For the caterer, we needed to be sure that her food was good. So we told her to give us details of at least 2 weddings she'd be handling. We went there (even though we did not know the celebrants) and tasted the foods served to guests. Also used the opportunity to learn from the mistakes of those couples and avoided in our own case.

During a wedding reception, there is no point in keeping the food and drinks till everyone is hungry before serving them. Makes no sense. My Cmttee of friends made sure all the tables had drinks and water while we were still at church. So all the tables were fully served even before guests had started arriving.

Once everyone is fully seated, serve the food! In fact that gave wifey and I all the time in the world to snap pictures poolside (501 shots in all). After all the guests were already being served.

Point of correction OP. It is not advisable to place a relative in charge of sharing of the food or drinks. Use a neutral person wey no sabi Uche face. Cos if you use a relative, guests from the other side of the family must have a complaint that they were not served well enough.
A neutral unknown is more likely to ensure equal sharing of the stomach resources and shacks.

Ummmm... what else?
Yeah! Committee of friends. Use guys who you know you can rely on. Not just office colleagues or neighbours. I mean guys who can take the initiative, jump and take charge when they see that things are not being done right. Hold meetings with them at least 4 weeks to D-Day. Assign roles. So everyone will know what he's supposed to do on that day. They are not necessarily the ones to do the actual jobs, but to assist the contractors (decorator, DJ, caterer, photographer, etc) do the jobs according to your specs. Some people do not like using friends. Mine were very helpful. By Thursday, Friday of that week, you'll almost run mad, forgetting details and stuff. You'll need extra hands and brains.

Like I said earlier, mine went well. There were no complaints (to my knowledge sha). Make a list of every single item and task prior to the wedding date (reception venue, gift items, programme of events, openers, Kola, etc) and work out their completion.

P.S After all said and done, the wedding will come and go but will the marriage last? That's the main objective. Plan wisely and within your means. Do not plan something that would eventually leave you a mountain of debt and subsequent source of friction between you and your spouse. In everything apply wisdom.

Peace mehn.

P.P.S I couldn't resist the temptation. Sorry. smiley Attached is a pic of when we'd concluded dancing stuff. Unfortunately, dancing isn't my thing. smiley

6 Likes

Re: Five People That Can Ruin Your Wedding Ceremony by ewosk: 9:51pm On Jan 16, 2016
GET A GOOD MC....

MC's can ruin occasions big time
Re: Five People That Can Ruin Your Wedding Ceremony by tosyne2much(m): 11:08pm On Jan 16, 2016
Well written bro cool

OP, I throway salute oooo.. More wisdom to ya head cheesy cool
Re: Five People That Can Ruin Your Wedding Ceremony by Cmanforall: 11:12pm On Jan 16, 2016
Lizabeth25:
Your EX's....never invite any of them!

Never?
No no no. It all depends on how the relationship ended.
I've been invited for some of their weddings... They were happy to see me.... smiley
Re: Five People That Can Ruin Your Wedding Ceremony by mekonglobal(m): 11:29pm On Jan 16, 2016
Some body talked abt cameraman...hmmm My friends wedding video is still with d cameraman for more than 2yrs now even after paying him all d money they agreed upon.I pray oooo evil men or women wont near mine sha.....

1 Like

Re: Five People That Can Ruin Your Wedding Ceremony by SanusiOlaide(m): 11:55pm On Jan 16, 2016
EroticAngelina:
Nice cheesy

. You funny die

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10k Smoking Competition By Plateau Youths (Photos) / Wedding & Turbaning Ceremony Of A Nairalander (photos) / Professional Dj/mc For Your Children And Wedding Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.