Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,502 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

Which Professional Certification Is Good 4 A Computer Science Fresh Graduate? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Which Professional Certification Is Good 4 A Computer Science Fresh Graduate? (7986 Views)

Why Waste 4 Years On Computer Science In University? / Best Uni For Bsc. Computer Science In Nigeria / What Laptop Spec Is Good 4 Programming And Graphic Design? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Professional Certification Is Good 4 A Computer Science Fresh Graduate? by eniolatoyo(f): 9:18pm On Jun 21, 2009
Hi everyone,I don't want to do much of programming,i just want to be involved in e- business management and administration.I feel i should do Customer relationship management(CRM),Project Management and oracle.Pls what do you feel?
Re: Which Professional Certification Is Good 4 A Computer Science Fresh Graduate? by bb6xt(m): 1:55pm On Jun 26, 2009
Hi,

There are many professional certification tracks one can follow in the field of computer science but the right one altimately depends on your career objectives. The Nigerian Computer Society(http://www.ncs-ng.org/) registers Nigerian computer professionals. For specialized certifications you will need to choose between three(3) general areas viz:

1. Networking
2. Database
3. Programming

If you choose Networking you can't do worse than to choose the CCNA which stands for Cisco Certified Network Associate. This is the first of many certifications offered by Cisco, and what's more, Cisco technologies are the dominant network technologies in use in Nigeria today and CCNA holders are in high demand in banks, government agencies, telecoms you name it. You need to be at home with dealing with technologies at the Transport, Network, Datalink, and Physical Layers of the OSI reference model though.

Secondly, you might want to go along the line of Database Administration. Here the main database providers are Microsoft, Oracle and MySQL and each of them have certification programs in their respective technologies. By far the most popular are OCA (i.e. Oracle Certified Associate, the first level in Oracle) and Microsoft Certified DBA.

Finally, and most interesting is Programming. You can choose any programming language to major in. The most popular ones are Visual Basic, Java, C#, PHP/MySQL and C++. Any good IT training center such as NIIT, APTECH, DBI etc can train you in any of these languages. I will recommend Visual Basic.NET. It is a robust Object Oriented Programming(OOP) language with easy to use syntax. I can be used for developing cutting-edge business applications, games, web database applications and most any other application you can think of.

I hope I have been of help to you.

--bb6xt

2 Likes

Re: Which Professional Certification Is Good 4 A Computer Science Fresh Graduate? by eniolatoyo(f): 3:40pm On Jun 26, 2009
Yes, Very helpful.I will start OCA and OCP in New Horizon anytime soon.Thanks I appreciate it
Re: Which Professional Certification Is Good 4 A Computer Science Fresh Graduate? by Phemzy(m): 4:46pm On Jul 10, 2009
Database path for Microsoft is better achieved by having the following certification

1 CompTIA A+
2 MCDBA
3 Supported with MSCE

You will standout from other database professional.

But I don't know about ORACLE
Re: Which Professional Certification Is Good 4 A Computer Science Fresh Graduate? by Ghenghis(m): 6:19pm On Jul 10, 2009
start of with OCA/OCP , the rest will become clearer,

DBA skills is sort of entry level now, cause most ERPs , CRM included have dependencies on DBs.

so go the Oracle route, you can't go wrong that way ,
Re: Which Professional Certification Is Good 4 A Computer Science Fresh Graduate? by petkay(m): 1:32pm On Jul 14, 2009
[b][/b][color=#000099][/color] you can also register for the cpn exam. coming in september, the only challenge is you will to study hard for it. check this (URL http://cpn-ncsexam.org/index.php) from there you start the registration
Re: Which Professional Certification Is Good 4 A Computer Science Fresh Graduate? by erne: 10:07am On Jan 19, 2017
Enhance Your Career with A Professional Certificate in PUBLIC RELATIONS!

Public Relations Lectures Towards BSC / MSC / NYSC CERTIFICATION

SYMMETRIC PR & ADVERTISING is seeking for candidates to enroll in for the NIPR/BEEC Professional Certificate in PUBLIC RELATIONS. The Course is Based in Nigeria and After The Course, Participants Are Awarded Certificates By The Relevant Professional Bodies; NIPR/BEEC.

BENEFITS OF THE PROGRAMME/CERTIFICATE
(i) B.Sc Equivalent.
(ii) NYSC Exemption Letter.
(iii) Further Studies in Nigerian/Foreign Universities.
(iv) Exhibition of New PR Competences.
(v) Ability to Work in any Industry
(vi) In-depth Understanding of The PR Function.
(vii) Qualifies You For B.Sc, PGD, M.Sc admission

EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Candidates with SSCE / GCE / OND / NCE / HND / BSC or other qualifications are encouraged to enroll for this course.

APPLICATION PROCEDURE
Interested candidates should contact: 08139458588

ENQUIRIES
Tel: 08139458588

Re: Which Professional Certification Is Good 4 A Computer Science Fresh Graduate? by talk2hb1(m): 10:35am On Jan 19, 2017
OCJP
OCJD
Java Architect
Re: Which Professional Certification Is Good 4 A Computer Science Fresh Graduate? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jan 20, 2017
Become Computer Literate, Be better among the teeming workforce, have an edge today that's why at Baycrystal Computers we don't only train you we ensure you get the best value!

Baycrystal Computer Courses Enroll now

1)Certificate Course.

2)Diploma Course.

Professional course as follows:

3)Webdesign/Hosting

4) Oracle.

5).Graphics Design & Animation

6)Visual Basic Programming

7).PHP programming

cool SQL

9)Cisco Networking one month

10)Computer Hardware.

11.Digital Marketing Training

12).Internet Business Training

And more.........

For more enquires call/WhatsApp: 08186219002
Re: Which Professional Certification Is Good 4 A Computer Science Fresh Graduate? by Jaytecq(m): 2:03pm On May 11, 2018
good one Op

(1) (Reply)

Please, Who Has Studied With Altschoolafrica? Share Your Experience. / Ethical Hacking Vs Software Engineering: Advice Needed / No Programmers In Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.