Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,503 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. (16878 Views)

Confused About Contract Job And A Permanent Job / Should I Resign My New Job For A Contract Job? / Osun Lecturer Faints In Bank After Finding N150 As February Salary In Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by Gsmooth51: 9:19pm On Jan 16, 2016
nice
Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by kennyman2000(m): 9:20pm On Jan 16, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jan 16, 2016

2 Likes

Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:23pm On Jan 16, 2016
One big problem we have is we rarely have a long term plan. The reason is quite glaring, hunger will not let you see road.
It is very sad that the training most of us get is to slave for other people.....myself inclusive.

But I also understand that a hungry man will always think of his next meal. Therefore, if he needs to eat, if he cannot feed in the short term then yes go to the bank.

If he can, then he needs to sit back and ask where a bank contract worker ends up in the mid to long term.

5 Likes

Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by profsho1(m): 9:23pm On Jan 16, 2016
Tell him to finish d MSc bcuz he wil later regret it if he abandon it. If it is a permanent job, I can say mak e abandon d MSc. Am even abt to resign from my present 50k job for my MSc. Look b4 u leap

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by sammie22(m): 9:24pm On Jan 16, 2016
If he is doing that MSc programme in Nigeria, then he can go on and take the job.

Two options

- Work, get money, then he should pay his way thru the remaining four months.

- If not possible, get an extra year, next yr schedule your annual leave during the exam period complete it and move on.

For project, even a nairalander will help you complete it as long as you pay the right amount.

But brother, anyone that tells you to ignore any job offer hasn't had a bit of the Nigerian job market frustration.

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by missKiffy(f): 9:25pm On Jan 16, 2016
He should complete his masters first
Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by mixter(m): 9:25pm On Jan 16, 2016
Kindly tell him to finish his programme. He just has less than 4 months to go.

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by Mannylex(m): 9:26pm On Jan 16, 2016
In one word, I call this Madness! No need abandoning the masters, take the job if no other option but please complete that masters... He can multitask, combine both the job and the masters. He is already at the finish lane.

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by KanoAbiaBabe(f): 9:30pm On Jan 16, 2016
Please don't abandon your masters program for the contract Job,bank contract job is no working experience. Na just waste of time except a situation where the hope of conversion is high.

2 Likes

Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by loisaleburu: 9:31pm On Jan 16, 2016
he shuld please finish d masters after that he can always reapply to this consulting firms for contract jobs but he should hide his msc then after which if he gets the job he can continue reapplying for jobs.
Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by loisaleburu: 9:31pm On Jan 16, 2016
he shuld please finish d masters after that he can always reapply to this consulting firms for contract jobs but he should hide his msc then after which if he gets the job he can continue reapplying for jobs with his masters he shuld better be smart
Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by HonChidon(m): 9:33pm On Jan 16, 2016
My dear tell him to finish up his masters program, so tell me what happens to u stress and d money already spent? Bank contract job is 40k and its not worth it, tell him money will come at d right tym first things first besides he studied zoology and he wants to work in d bank tell him downsizing is waiting for him.

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jan 16, 2016
oluwanoni:

Then he can take his work leave for those days, the exam would be holding, nobody says it would be easy, he would talk to his boss for the exam days off.

Haha I laugh in spanish. Work leave for a bloody contract job, a bank for that matter? Sorry dear ain't nothing like that for you ooo.ordinary sick leave na ish talkless of exam leave hmmm. You even said talk to his boss, wich boss wants u to goan study further on his watch?

Who gave u such rights to even be getting a masters degree and u even have the nerve to come ask for some time off to write ur exams or even attend lectures. Oh please that doesn't happen ooo! Ask properly cos even the so called full staff can't come out openly to seek for leave for their masters lectures or exams oooo, attainment of higher qualification is solely at ur own discretion.

I will stop here.
Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by urch111(m): 9:38pm On Jan 16, 2016
I work in a bank, as a full staff. Everyday I wish I could pause my job and go get masters degree bcus the job is time consuming and someone who is almost done would rather abandon it for some contract job, where there's no career path, no promotion.
the truth is, to secure a contract position in a bank is not difficult, he can always get the same opportunity again when he's done with his program. I understand things are hard, a young man with no money is really challenging but there's always a price to pay for something.

3 Likes

Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by diva90: 9:38pm On Jan 16, 2016
It's a CONTRACT job, I wouldn't advise he abandons a life time investment such as a masters degree for a short time job. If it was a permanent job offer, it would have made a lot more sense.

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jan 16, 2016
mayorkyzo:
If you people know the number of M.sc graduates at home without jobs you people would not advice him to ignore the job...what's the guarantee he would get a good job with his masters cert..if I were your friend I would take the job in a heartbeat..nothing beats a job you already have..

Thank you my broda. Na me like ur post. What's d guarantee of getting a better job wit d masters? Life is all abt d money.

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by linusbnn(m): 9:44pm On Jan 16, 2016
Alejhandro:
grin 'Money in d bank' I so much love dis WWE title.

Oga tell him to PAUSE dat masters degree and take up d job. Money first...

Cos for dis era, his Msc will be useless if there's no MONEY IN THE BANK grin

Contract job in a bank is a work of slavery,when they want to sack you,they will do it like you are nobody. On the 8th of dec 2015,i was aasked to resign from my bank without any prior notice,i went to work that tuesday morning,doing my normal duties until around 2:30pm,when my manager called me into his office and started preaching,at the end it was "there is a mail from head office asking you to resign immediately and failure to do so,will mean you will be sacked,so I wrote my resignation letter and took my properties and left for home. No any package from the bank or any incentive. But you can't try it with a core staff.

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by nurez305(m): 9:47pm On Jan 16, 2016
ObiOmaMu:
DON'T DO IT!! a contract staff in banks earns between 40 to 75k a month with no other allowances apart from the pay. DON'T DO IT! finish your masters
Lie.....some contract staff in the bank earn above 100k for starting
Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jan 16, 2016
tr3y:
OK let me consult my broke a55 neighbor that have Masters plus first class without a job yet.

Hahhaha...guy, u funny
Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by Damayor12(m): 9:48pm On Jan 16, 2016
MrSocrate:
My course mate and a good friend who has a Bsc. Zoology (2.1) cert. and currently teaching in a private school and will complete his Msc course work this April and has started his project, just got a contract job in one of the Nigerian banks and wishes to abandon the programme, is pleading for honest and sincere advice from matured and experienced N'landers. Pls your advice is greatly appreciated
Not your friend,
it's you

Lai mohammed

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jan 16, 2016
Sinc he has a teachn job,he should finish his Msc,cos a tym wil com he wil wish he neva abandoned d program.wit a good supervsor b4 d yr runs out he shld be done wit project..he shld maximise ds opportunity b4 him.

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by linusbnn(m): 9:51pm On Jan 16, 2016
Alejhandro:

Thank you my broda. Na me like ur post. What's d guarantee of getting a better job wit d masters? Life is all abt d money.

Bros if you wan chop frog,chop better frog. Fear of the unknown is the killer of men. Contract job in a bank is waste,else you are a teller or CSO(customer service officer). In those dept,you hardly get sacked,but you will be tied to your duty and no time to move around and find other better jobs. Contract staffs,no need to dream of promotion,100yrs after joining the bank, you will still remain in that managing life style. I will never again work in a bank

2 Likes

Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by abimbawealth(f): 9:55pm On Jan 16, 2016
This, I believe is clear enough...you have less than 5months to go, how do you account for the months you spent already? And to even think you want to abandon it because of a contract job, bros, its a NO

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by linusbnn(m): 9:55pm On Jan 16, 2016
nurez305:
Lie.....some contract staff in the bank earn above 100k for starting

You think 100k is big? When you feel the pressure and problem going with that 100k,you will wish you never had a job because when you dnt meet your target after 6mnths,you bcom jobless again.
Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by Richy4(m): 9:56pm On Jan 16, 2016
OP, this whole thing is like someone heading to the promise land. a land flowing with job opportunity, good accommodation, better life... infact he just got 10000miles to get there....

On his way, he saw a beautiful skinny girl, with straight shapely legs, blue eyes, flat tommy... just approached him and said.. would you accompany me to Jericho please.... because they do not allow single unaccompanied ladies into the city..... we will stay for 12months. I will be all yours through out the duration and will pay you a little to keep you going...You will do to me as you will as long as you are my companion for 12 months....

is it right for him to abandon his mission to the promise land or accompany the lady to Jericho?

4 Likes

Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by einsteine(m): 9:59pm On Jan 16, 2016
MrSocrate:
My course mate and a good friend who has a Bsc. Zoology (2.1) cert. and currently teaching in a private school and will complete his Msc course work this April and has started his project, just got a contract job in one of the Nigerian banks and wishes to abandon the programme, is pleading for honest and sincere advice from matured and experienced N'landers. Pls your advice is greatly appreciated

Good decision. Who school don help?
Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by Echelle(m): 10:02pm On Jan 16, 2016
Op nice move. Abandon ur Masters, what do u need it now for By the time u went ahead and do it and u came back and u are above employable age for fresh graduates (23-27years) u will now know yourself
Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by nurez305(m): 10:02pm On Jan 16, 2016
linusbnn:

You think 100k is big? When you feel the pressure and problem going with that 100k,you will wish you never had a job because when you dnt meet your target after 6mnths,you bcom jobless again.
100k is not big, but far better than staying at home without doing nothing and still begging people for money.....if you ever think your employment is too stressful, please try unemployed and tell me the most stressful one. In nigeria we are today, you don't joke with any opportunity since it doesn't stop you from getting another one

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by Jckleiin(m): 10:04pm On Jan 16, 2016
Bro we can give you all the advice u need in this world but the choice remains yours. You have to weigh both options properly and make a decision you wont regret later. If I were the one, knowing what I want to achieve, I would finish up my masters!
Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by Jckleiin(m): 10:06pm On Jan 16, 2016
urch111:
I work in a bank, as a full staff. Everyday I wish I could pause my job and go get masters degree bcus the job is time consuming and someone who is almost done would rather abandon it for some contract job, where there's no career path, no promotion.
the truth is, to secure a contract position in a bank is not difficult, he can always get the same opportunity again when he's done with his program. I understand things are hard, a young man with no money is really challenging but there's always a price to pay for something.
Egbon, God bless you real good

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Olutoyin Olakunrin Slumps And Dies In Church (First Female Chartered Accountant) / ICAN Delists 14,337 Members For Owing Association Dues For More Than 3 Years / HELP!!! He Wants To Quit His Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.