Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,792 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. (16875 Views)

Confused About Contract Job And A Permanent Job / Should I Resign My New Job For A Contract Job? / Osun Lecturer Faints In Bank After Finding N150 As February Salary In Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by MrSocrate(m): 4:33pm On Jan 16, 2016
My course mate and a good friend who has a Bsc. Zoology (2.1) cert. and currently teaching in a private school and will complete his Msc course work this April and has started his project, just got a contract job in one of the Nigerian banks and wishes to abandon the programme, is pleading for honest and sincere advice from matured and experienced N'landers. Pls your advice is greatly appreciated
Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jan 16, 2016
He should manage to complete his msc program na. But money is the cause of all the struggles na. Owo ni koko ooo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jan 16, 2016
grin 'Money in d bank' I so much love dis WWE title.

Oga tell him to PAUSE dat masters degree and take up d job. Money first...

Cos for dis era, his Msc will be useless if there's no MONEY IN THE BANK grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by MrSocrate(m): 4:47pm On Jan 16, 2016
2kaybiel:
He should manage to complete his msc program na. But money is the cause of all the struggles na. Owo ni koko ooo
that is the confusion my brother

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by MrSocrate(m): 4:49pm On Jan 16, 2016
Alejhandro:
grin 'Money in d bank' I so much love dis WWE title.

Oga tell him to PAUSE dat masters degree and take up d job. Money first...

His Msc will be useless if there's no MONEY IN THE BANK grin
thanks brother for ur time and advice
Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jan 16, 2016
Bank contract job permit me to say is a no no! You will definitely be happy to pass it up and finish off with your masters which leaves u a greater chance of getting a better stable job. Please carry on with your programme, a bank today is not where i'd advise anyone to start up a career......

No, it's not just an inkling or a thought! I know it cos this was my story!!! I had first hand experience as to what a bank frigging contract job could do to a 'beautiful mind'

I promise you its never gonna be worth your jumping ship.

You are already on the right track with that masters, something I rather wished I went for than taking that job embarassed

In all its all good.
Wishing you the very best friend!

81 Likes 2 Shares

Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by MrSocrate(m): 4:54pm On Jan 16, 2016
[quote author=dazzle101 post=42036448] thanks a million sister mi
Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by izutex007(m): 4:55pm On Jan 16, 2016
My take...

That bank job is a distration. April is 3months from now and @ the end you will b in 'better' charge of ur future.

....distractions show up towards the break of dawn.

27 Likes

Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by Patented: 4:57pm On Jan 16, 2016
Shuuuuuu! With 3 months 2 go......on top contract job? abeg let him finish

10 Likes

Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by potbelly(m): 4:57pm On Jan 16, 2016
he should focus on his masters since he still has course work to do

6 Likes

Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by MrSocrate(m): 4:59pm On Jan 16, 2016
[quote author=izutex007 post=42036606][/quote] wawu..nice one,big thanks bro
Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jan 16, 2016
[quote author=MrSocrate post=42036561][/quote]

Welcome much dear
Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by MrSocrate(m): 5:02pm On Jan 16, 2016
Patented:
Shuuuuuu! With 3 months 2 go......on top contract job? abeg let him finish
not just 3 months to go.. 3 months to complete his course work and one year plus(naija university factor) for project work
Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by cheriekiss(f): 5:09pm On Jan 16, 2016
Cnt he do both togeda?...he shud try to blend both no matter how hard it might be.

2 Likes

Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by oluwanoni: 6:52pm On Jan 16, 2016
He can try and do both na, except there a penalty for not attending classes, as long as he his sure he can pass the exam, person's who are telling u to finish have a good concept, but economy is hard now.

Personnaly I just got admission for my masters and I have a job, I am gonna do both together, I cant quit my job. My advice tho.

2 Likes

Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by 7footre(m): 7:14pm On Jan 16, 2016
Your 'friend' isn't blessed with the gift of foresight and long suffering

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by ykolajide: 7:26pm On Jan 16, 2016
Bro,my simple advice is dat,it would hv been betterb if you get d job direct from bank Rather than being a common contract staff,being a contract staff two tins are involved,one no career path,two ur job can be terminated by d company dat employed u for the bank,another point being a contract staff u are more or less a slave in ur department and u can be frustrated at any time by a collegue that get the job direct from bank,in a nutshell complete ur msc and pray to god for better offer after or before the completion of ur programm all the best....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by idu1(m): 7:41pm On Jan 16, 2016
MrSocrate:
My course mate and a good friend who has a Bsc. Zoology (2.1) cert. and currently teaching in a private school and will complete his Msc course work this April and has started his project, just got a contract job in one of the Nigerian banks and wishes to abandon the programme, is pleading for honest and sincere advice from matured and experienced N'landers. Pls your advice is greatly appreciated
He want to abandon a master degree for a fuvking contract bank job? I think he have good reasons for doing the master before.....
Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by MrSocrate(m): 8:19pm On Jan 16, 2016
[quote author=cheriekiss post=42036998][/quote] i dnt really knw if the bank stress can allow him hence why we ar seeking advice frm experienced ones in d house
Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by jazinogold(m): 8:22pm On Jan 16, 2016
hmmm...getting a job this day is not easy! I have a friend who has a masters degree n just got a contract job with a bank!
I was at a job test, I saw a masters degree holder begging to b allowed to write the test but d coordinator said he was surplus to requirement!

its all about choice! I advice you think well and weigh your options!

5 Likes

Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by MrSocrate(m): 8:22pm On Jan 16, 2016
[quote author=oluwanoni post=42040162][/quote] the programe is full time so even if he skips classes,exams may take 2 weeks ie week days,which bank may nt grant him
Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by MrSocrate(m): 8:25pm On Jan 16, 2016
[quote author=ykolajide post=42041043][/quote] sincerely, I thank you bro
Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by oluwanoni: 8:27pm On Jan 16, 2016
MrSocrate:
the programe is full time so even if he skips classes,exams may take 2 weeks ie week days,which bank may nt grant him

Then he can take his work leave for those days, the exam would be holding, nobody says it would be easy, he would talk to his boss for the exam days off.

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by tr3y(m): 9:16pm On Jan 16, 2016
OK let me consult my broke a55 neighbor that have Masters plus first class without a job yet.

2 Likes

Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by GentleYoung(m): 9:17pm On Jan 16, 2016
But contract job? It dsnt worth it
Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by ObiOmaMu: 9:17pm On Jan 16, 2016
DON'T DO IT!! a contract staff in banks earns between 40 to 75k a month with no other allowances apart from the pay. DON'T DO IT! finish your masters

1 Like 1 Share

Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by abumeinben(m): 9:18pm On Jan 16, 2016
This is one the problem with rushing out to do MSc immediately after BSc.

Dude ur friend already has a job. Let him finish hin MSc first o.

Contract job is hell, not to talk of bank job and then CONTRACT BANK JOB shocked ?

I laff in italics.

Lemme tell u about contract job..
1. You don't get any benefit
2. Your agency will sip u semi-dry
3. Your ID card color go diff, so everybody go know say u be worker, not staff
4. You nor fit complain, cos kompini nor know say u dey exist.
5. They pay u (s)alawi not salary.

Too bad

I wish conteact job like it is in correct countries.

Let him patiently push for his career.

Weeping may endure as an MSc holder teaching in a school, but his joy will surely come, provided he compriseth not

13 Likes

Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by kay29000(m): 9:18pm On Jan 16, 2016
Hmm! That's a tuff one. I quit my own masters for a business opportunity, and I don't regret it. That is just me sha. Life is all about the money.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by oluseyiforjesus(m): 9:19pm On Jan 16, 2016
Finish ur Prog sir, Contract Job in bank is golden slavery

2 Likes

Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by mayorkyzo: 9:19pm On Jan 16, 2016
If you people know the number of M.sc graduates at home without jobs you people would not advice him to ignore the job...what's the guarantee he would get a good job with his masters cert..if I were your friend I would take the job in a heartbeat..nothing beats a job you already have..

5 Likes

Re: He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. by hesinbergx(m): 9:19pm On Jan 16, 2016
Guy don't try it.
Is your master degree a contract? Pls Don't so that you wouldn't regret it later.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

HELP!!! He Wants To Quit His Job / How To Get Sacked From Your Workplace? / Help! My Colleague Is Never On Sit During Working Hours, What Should I Do?!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.