Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,334 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Help On Ow To Cook Quacker Oat - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Help On Ow To Cook Quacker Oat (2567 Views)

Guys That Can Cook Can Relate To These Photos / Oats! Oats! Oats! Oat Meal Lovers, Get In Here..... / What Was The First Thing You Learned To Cook? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help On Ow To Cook Quacker Oat by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jan 16, 2016
Pls ..how is the perfect way to cook Quacker Oat ...this would be d 1st time i would take it.....help
Re: Help On Ow To Cook Quacker Oat by donbenedict(m): 8:35pm On Jan 16, 2016
just boil a little water in a pot, when its boiling, put ur quaker oat in it and stir until it gets thick. stir it continuously until there is no water left in it..
Re: Help On Ow To Cook Quacker Oat by scarletpearl(f): 9:06pm On Jan 16, 2016
donbenedict:
just boil a little water in a pot, when its boiling, put ur quaker oat in it and stir until it gets thick. stir it continuously until there is no water left in it..
chef chef,pls employe me na*smile
Re: Help On Ow To Cook Quacker Oat by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jan 16, 2016
thanks donbenedict
Re: Help On Ow To Cook Quacker Oat by donbenedict(m): 10:20pm On Jan 16, 2016
scarletpearl:

chef chef,pls employe me na*smile
hahahahha... na u suppose employ me nau.. cheesy. I guess u own a catering school.
Re: Help On Ow To Cook Quacker Oat by scarletpearl(f): 11:17pm On Jan 16, 2016
donbenedict:
hahahahha... na u suppose employ me nau.. cheesy. I guess u own a catering school.
school ke? Amen ooo, i just love and enjoy cooking that's all.
Re: Help On Ow To Cook Quacker Oat by donbenedict(m): 11:19pm On Jan 16, 2016
scarletpearl:

school ke? Amen ooo, i just love and enjoy cooking that's all.
I like dat.. i"m part of the few guys dah see cooking as fun..
Re: Help On Ow To Cook Quacker Oat by okirewaju(f): 12:15pm On Jan 17, 2016
How do you peopl drink this ish

Its not smooth in the tongue
Re: Help On Ow To Cook Quacker Oat by myselfonly: 1:01am On Jan 18, 2016
soak it for like 2 mins in water and then slowly bring to a boil on low heat while you keep stirring until you get the consistency you want(some like it thick enough while some like it watery). Then add milk(either powdered, evaporated, fresh or any one of your choice) and sugar. For richness or preference, you can top it with any fruit of your choice especially bananas, kiwi, berries etc. Some substitute sugar for honey.

Second option is to use the milk instead of water when cooking it.

Note: Taste as you stir it for the texture you like. Some like it a bit chewy while some like it very soft.

And there are many other recipes with oats that you can find on the internet.

1 Like

Re: Help On Ow To Cook Quacker Oat by myselfonly: 1:05am On Jan 18, 2016
okirewaju:
How do you peopl drink this ish

Its not smooth in the tongue

It can be very smooth pending on how you cook it. But Cereals are not meant to be smooth as pap or custard if that's the type of smoothness you're talking about.
Re: Help On Ow To Cook Quacker Oat by okirewaju(f): 10:51am On Jan 18, 2016
myselfonly:

It can be very smooth pending on how you cook it. But Cereals are not meant to be smooth as pap or custard if that's the type of smoothness you're talking about.
Oh i see

That rough feel in the mouth makes me dislike it.

I will try your above receipe soon though

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

The Best Nigerian Shawarma Recipe / Photo: Which Soup Can You Cook With #500 / List The Craziest Food Combinations You Have Ever Eaten.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.