Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,891 members, 7,817,622 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

Oats! Oats! Oats! Oat Meal Lovers, Get In Here..... - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Oats! Oats! Oats! Oat Meal Lovers, Get In Here..... (25214 Views)

500g So Rooted Plantain Flour And Oat Meal For Sale for #285 / Tshally Oat Meal... / Oats! Oats! Oats! Oat Meal Lovers, Get In Here.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oats! Oats! Oats! Oat Meal Lovers, Get In Here..... by Priceless200(f): 9:09am On Sep 03, 2016
All my life I have hated Oats, gosh! No taste, until recently, after hearing much about it, and with lots of recommendations, I now kinda love it, but it's tiring having to just prepare it same way everytime, who is in same shoe with me? I want more practical ways of preparing oat dishes (not theories please, show us with pictures, how you did it)...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oats! Oats! Oats! Oat Meal Lovers, Get In Here..... by Priceless200(f): 9:15am On Sep 03, 2016
So I have this 2 big bags of oat delivered to me and I was like what am I gonna do with this, someone said oatmeal swallow. Watch on as I try my hands on oat swallow for the first time and believe me it came out so good.. No more garri or semolina again...

First I measured with cup and blended it

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oats! Oats! Oats! Oat Meal Lovers, Get In Here..... by Priceless200(f): 9:23am On Sep 03, 2016
I gat my oat in powder,

Me ordinarily when I make my semolina or wheat, I like mixing with cold water before cooking so same way, I did my oat, (but it's cool if you don't want to, you can go ahead and prepare just the way you do your semo etc, it comes out great too..

So I poured water and blended again

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oats! Oats! Oats! Oat Meal Lovers, Get In Here..... by Priceless200(f): 9:32am On Sep 03, 2016
Now I put on my fire, put my pot on the fire with a little water then add my oat and water paste, lowered the heat and started cooking, stirring with my wooden spoon.

NB : I made six cups, so don't be surprised the pot is almost filled, it's not just the one cup you saw me measuring in the earlier pictures, I blended in bits... Two cups at a time.

2 Likes

Re: Oats! Oats! Oats! Oat Meal Lovers, Get In Here..... by Priceless200(f): 9:41am On Sep 03, 2016
I kept turning and turning, at a point I added a little water, lowered the heat to lowest and covered the pot for it to cook more, just few second, ... And I kept turning...

NB: please mind your water ooo, if it's too light sprinkle some oat powder but make sure it cooks well. Using this method of dissolving before cooking your meal will hardly be over watered and or not well cooked, but if you doing the dry method, you need to be extra careful with the water and making sure your meal is well cooked.

3 Likes

Re: Oats! Oats! Oats! Oat Meal Lovers, Get In Here..... by Priceless200(f): 9:51am On Sep 03, 2016
My people! my people!!
Here is presenting to y'all Mr. Oat meal Swallow

And of course accompanied by Hawt mrs Uha soup.

#: my friends said it is somehow darker than it should be, so my guess is maybe it's from my oat, cause it was in the container For a month or more... So let's hear your own version... #WhatYaSay...

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oats! Oats! Oats! Oat Meal Lovers, Get In Here..... by aydelicious: 12:58pm On Sep 03, 2016
It is lovely And nice job.
Re: Oats! Oats! Oats! Oat Meal Lovers, Get In Here..... by soberdrunk(m): 1:05pm On Sep 03, 2016
Isnor fair ooo!! U cannot even call someone to come n chop angry angry

1 Like

Re: Oats! Oats! Oats! Oat Meal Lovers, Get In Here..... by Priceless200(f): 1:19pm On Sep 03, 2016
aydelicious:
It is lovely And nice job.

Thanks dear..... 'this means a whole lot to anyone after the whole 'struggle' in the kitchen... kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Oats! Oats! Oats! Oat Meal Lovers, Get In Here..... by Priceless200(f): 1:25pm On Sep 03, 2016
soberdrunk:
Isnor fair ooo!! U cannot even call someone to come n chop angry angry
No naa, I keep for you, just hurry and come. Ok

1 Like

Re: Oats! Oats! Oats! Oat Meal Lovers, Get In Here..... by SURElee(f): 3:44pm On Sep 03, 2016
Pls where did you get oats in bag, price and weight of the oat? I couldn't get oat to buy today, I had to settle for a roll of 10 satchets sold at #450. Awaiting your reply. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Oats! Oats! Oats! Oat Meal Lovers, Get In Here..... by aydelicious: 11:05pm On Sep 03, 2016
Priceless200:

Thanks dear....
'this means a whole lot to anyone after the whole 'struggle' in the kitchen... kiss kiss
smiling..
Re: Oats! Oats! Oats! Oat Meal Lovers, Get In Here..... by Priceless200(f): 12:57am On Sep 04, 2016
SURElee:
Pls where did you get oats in bag, price and weight of the oat? I couldn't get oat to buy today, I had to settle for a roll of 10 satchets sold at #450. Awaiting your reply. Thank you
Owh dear, I too have not seen around here, it was sent by a family member in US, that was why I said it was in the container For a month plus, you know the way they put cars in container, they also add some food stuffs... Yeah something like that..... Really big bags o, like half bag of rice...

1 Like

Re: Oats! Oats! Oats! Oat Meal Lovers, Get In Here..... by SURElee(f): 9:59am On Sep 04, 2016
Priceless200:

Owh dear, I too have not seen around here, it was sent by a family member in US, that was why I said it was in the container For a month plus, you know the way they put cars in container, they also add some food stuffs... Yeah something like that..... Really big bags o, like half bag of rice...

Waoh! So big. Thank you dear.
Re: Oats! Oats! Oats! Oat Meal Lovers, Get In Here..... by HerbalPro: 12:31pm On Sep 08, 2016
Oat is rich in fiber, nutritious and filling. A very nice meal for breakfast. It's also possible to get bored with just plain oatmeal so here are some recipes to spice up your taste buds.

First, you can combine oatmeal with coconut milk and mango. Sprinkle roasted cashew nuts when you are about to eat.

Also, you can make your oatmeal and sliced bananas on top. Imagine the sweet taste of such combination.

Dried fruits and oatmeal is also a very interesting combination. Make your oatmeal and add a handful of dried fruits.

One thing peanut butter is good for is assisting in weight loss. Add a spoon of peanut butter to your oatmeal. You can also garnish this with grapes

One of our favorite. Oatmeal, pineapple and grape both of which are known as nutritious weight loss agents.

If you are truly daring, you can combine oatmeal with slices of Avocado and fried egg. Yes, all in one plate!. It may look messy but it's highly nutritious and filling.

For healthy weight loss please visit www.herbalpro.com

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oats! Oats! Oats! Oat Meal Lovers, Get In Here..... by Priceless200(f): 7:35pm On Sep 08, 2016
JuanDeDios:

Lol @ bolded. @blue: I can do that! No canes (promise), just a back pat. smiley

The two threads seem to have grown, so I guess it's a bit late to try to consolidate them. I apologise for posting here but it was the one that showed up in my thread.

Don't mind the voltron I'm forming here o. I'm a learner. I used to avoid the kitchen until I decided to adopt a micronutrient-rich, pH diet, which you can't get at the restaurant. I'm also lucky to work from home for now, so I can spend the time I used to spend in traffic making my food. Even then, some of my approaches are still unorthodox. For example, I never roll up my swallows into balls - once it's done I commence eating. I still had to phone my sister yesterday to ask how she makes her garden egg sauce for yams; she had a hearty laugh at me. And the moimoi and akara are purchased; I make the others. But I think I'm passionate about anything I do.

Oya, here you go, this is the main thread...
Pictures, videos are welcomed.
Re: Oats! Oats! Oats! Oat Meal Lovers, Get In Here..... by Priceless200(f): 7:38pm On Sep 08, 2016
HerbalPro:
Oat is rich in fiber, nutritious and filling. A very nice meal for breakfast. It's also possible to get bored with just plain oatmeal so here are some recipes to spice up your taste buds.

First, you can combine oatmeal with coconut milk and mango. Sprinkle roasted cashew nuts when you are about to eat.

Also, you can make your oatmeal and sliced bananas on top. Imagine the sweet taste of such combination.

Dried fruits and oatmeal is also a very interesting combination. Make your oatmeal and add a handful of dried fruits.

One thing peanut butter is good for is assisting in weight loss. Add a spoon of peanut butter to your oatmeal. You can also garnish this with grapes

One of our favorite. Oatmeal, pineapple and grape both of which are known as nutritious weight loss agents.

If you are truly daring, you can combine oatmeal with slices of Avocado and fried egg. Yes, all in one plate!. It may look messy but it's highly nutritious and filling.

I like this, quite informative... Thanks
Have you tried doing something like cookies with Oats, saw it somewhere, sadly I don't have tools to make a cookie,... Try let's see
Re: Oats! Oats! Oats! Oat Meal Lovers, Get In Here..... by JuanDeDios: 7:47pm On Sep 08, 2016
Priceless200:

Oya, here you go, this is the main thread...
Pictures, videos are welcomed.
He he. Should have kept kwayet and let you continue with double portion.

1 Like

Re: Oats! Oats! Oats! Oat Meal Lovers, Get In Here..... by HerbalPro: 1:24pm On Sep 09, 2016
So I saw this recipe and I am going to try it. Its Banana-Oatmeal-Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup oat flour
3/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup raw sugar(but i will be using honey)
1/3 cup canola oil
1/3 cup plain soy milk
1/2 ripe banana, cut into small pieces
1/4 cup chopped peanut (very good for weight loss)
1/3 cup of dark chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350°. Combine first 6 ingredients in a bowl. Whisk together oil and soy milk in a separate bowl. Add wet mixture to dry ingredients; stir to combine. Fold in banana, peanut, and dark chocolate chips

2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop dough onto pan with a small ice-cream scoop. Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown, turning baking sheet halfway through. Let cool on a wire rack.

Can't wait!

Priceless200:

I like this, quite informative... Thanks
Have you tried doing something like cookies with Oats, saw it somewhere, sadly I don't have tools to make a cookie,... Try let's see

3 Likes

Re: Oats! Oats! Oats! Oat Meal Lovers, Get In Here..... by Nobody: 7:48am On Sep 10, 2016
oats, I just can't explain my love for it ,I make mine my first putting a pot of water on a stove , add powdered milk, and sugar when it's hot I add my oats I stir till its done the way I like it , I also make sure its a little bit watery I dish in a bowl and make sure I drown it in milk actually the milk acts as a thickner, and I love milk I add banana to mine I slice it . every time I eat it its like heaven it gives me another reason to be alive.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oats! Oats! Oats! Oat Meal Lovers, Get In Here..... by Baroba(m): 7:51am On Sep 10, 2016
I am a lover of Oats ooo, a great healthier alternative to those whose are weight conscious.. Very filling and highly nutritious..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oats! Oats! Oats! Oat Meal Lovers, Get In Here..... by Cutehector(m): 4:41pm On Oct 08, 2016
Mysticgal.. wink
Re: Oats! Oats! Oats! Oat Meal Lovers, Get In Here..... by Tyche(m): 10:27pm On Oct 08, 2016
Thread is heaven sent to say the least. Thanks Op
Re: Oats! Oats! Oats! Oat Meal Lovers, Get In Here..... by BluePearls(m): 6:32pm On Oct 09, 2016
Hated oats as a child, but I've grown to love it. Oats swallow? I've got to try that grin

1 Like

Re: Oats! Oats! Oats! Oat Meal Lovers, Get In Here..... by Priceless200(f): 12:54am On Oct 12, 2016
Tyche:
Thread is heaven sent to say the least. Thanks Op
Welcome dear, enjoy yourself.
Ask me any question,i am ever ready to help out.
Re: Oats! Oats! Oats! Oat Meal Lovers, Get In Here..... by Priceless200(f): 12:56am On Oct 12, 2016
BluePearls:
Hated oats as a child, but I've grown to love it. Oats swallow? I've got to try that grin
You really need to. #"TeamFitFam.. . wink wink wink
Re: Oats! Oats! Oats! Oat Meal Lovers, Get In Here..... by Nobody: 3:00pm On Nov 12, 2016
This is nice!
Re: Oats! Oats! Oats! Oat Meal Lovers, Get In Here..... by missnawty(f): 6:35pm On Nov 12, 2016
Omg shocked Misshatey / iamhatey commAn c.. Can u eat dis shocked
Re: Oats! Oats! Oats! Oat Meal Lovers, Get In Here..... by Nobody: 11:50am On Nov 13, 2016
missnawty:
Omg shocked Missh atey / iamh atey commAn c.. Can u eat dis shocked

Re: Oats! Oats! Oats! Oat Meal Lovers, Get In Here..... by Gpdwise(m): 12:48pm On Nov 16, 2017
U can buy a 12kg Oat flour for #12,500
Product name is "so food"
We also sell 12kg plantain flour for #6800
See pictures below
With "so food"quality is assured

Re: Oats! Oats! Oats! Oat Meal Lovers, Get In Here..... by odaniel1(m): 12:53pm On Nov 17, 2017
HerbalPro:

VeRY InFormaTive!
Take Note, people!!
Re: Oats! Oats! Oats! Oat Meal Lovers, Get In Here..... by Nobody: 11:14am On Nov 24, 2017
Priceless200:
So I have this 2 big bags of oat delivered to me and I was like what am I gonna do with this, someone said oatmeal swallow. Watch on as I try my hands on oat swallow for the first time and believe me it came out so good.. No more garri or semolina again...

First I measured with cup and blended it

Questence:

Priceless

Isn't there a need to wash the oats before consuming?

Secondly who supplied you the oats or where did you purchase it from.

Kindly recommend. I want to buy some.

priceless200 kindly treat as urgent. Thanks.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Assorted Meat Stew Recipe: How To Make Assorted Meat Stew / Food Prices Drop In Kano, Taraba, Kwara, Niger / The Best Diet For Breastfeeding Mothers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.