Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,809 members, 7,820,835 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

Call For Justice. A Nigerian Killed In China - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Call For Justice. A Nigerian Killed In China (2683 Views)

Jega’s Brother Justice A.A. Jega Who Died In Hajj Stampede (Photo) / Buhari Cabinet: Fashola Tipped For Attorney General And Minister For Justice / Justice Aloma Mariam Mukhtar : Nigeria’s First Female Chief Justice: A Profile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Call For Justice. A Nigerian Killed In China by hajifaty: 7:53am On Jun 22, 2009
A Nigeria (Malik Shaibu) was brutally killed by couple of Chinese security in a Bar (Manhattan) in Ton ren Lu, shanghai China. I hope the chinese Government won't cover it with their lies!!!
http://www.shanghaiexpat.com/MDForum-viewtopic-t-94395.phtml
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=91960644225#/group.php?gid=91960644225
Re: Call For Justice. A Nigerian Killed In China by blackspade(m): 8:46am On Jun 22, 2009
Disgusting!

But before I vent and curse China, what exactly provoked the security to do that to him? Is there another side to the story? Was he there legally? undecided
Re: Call For Justice. A Nigerian Killed In China by Kobojunkie: 9:21am On Jun 22, 2009
Before I go off on the chinese without thinking, how come there are no calls for justice for the many more Nigerians brutally killed by our own police men and government officials each year?
Re: Call For Justice. A Nigerian Killed In China by tpiah: 9:38am On Jun 22, 2009
very unfortunate.

may he RIP.
Re: Call For Justice. A Nigerian Killed In China by OneNaija(m): 9:59am On Jun 22, 2009
Nonsense Comment Coming from Outside Nigeria. don't worry you will also be Kills when walking along.
Re: Call For Justice. A Nigerian Killed In China by origina9ja(f): 10:02am On Jun 22, 2009
RIP
wetting we fit do embarassed embarassed
Re: Call For Justice. A Nigerian Killed In China by tpiah: 10:06am On Jun 22, 2009
OneNaija:

Nonsense Comment Coming from Outside Nigeria. don't worry you will also be Kills when walking along.

you should look at the facebook page and people's comments before raining down curses.

Dont see what you're trying to achieve here.

If you want to register a protest do so but no need to attack in a frenzy.

I checked other links about the guy before posting.
Re: Call For Justice. A Nigerian Killed In China by origina9ja(f): 10:09am On Jun 22, 2009
tpiah:

you should look at the facebook page and people's comments before raining down curses.

Dont see what you're trying to achieve here.

If you want to register a protest do so but no need to attack in a frenzy.

I checked other links about the guy before posting.

huuh undecided
i dont get why u have 2 quote me
Re: Call For Justice. A Nigerian Killed In China by tpiah: 10:12am On Jun 22, 2009
origina9ja:

huuh undecided
i dont get why u have 2 quote me

sorry.

I've modified my post.

dont know how that happened- you werent even showing up on the thread.
Re: Call For Justice. A Nigerian Killed In China by origina9ja(f): 10:13am On Jun 22, 2009
cool
Re: Call For Justice. A Nigerian Killed In China by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jun 22, 2009
gone
Re: Call For Justice. A Nigerian Killed In China by generalzango(m): 8:07pm On Jun 22, 2009
Our National Assembly members wouldn't say anything becos it's not their own.
Re: Call For Justice. A Nigerian Killed In China by generalzango(m): 8:07pm On Jun 22, 2009
Our National Assembly members wouldn't say anything becos it's not their own.
Re: Call For Justice. A Nigerian Killed In China by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jun 22, 2009
The story seems very incomplete to me and most foreigners in china (both white and black).

However, stories has it that he was a known drug dealer who had a fight with club bouncers after he was warned several times to leave the club or stop selling his wares.

Nigerians in china have gained notoriety for drug peddling and thereby being denied visa renewal.

Whichever way, those who committed this crime should be brought to book.
Re: Call For Justice. A Nigerian Killed In China by IKEYMAN1: 8:49pm On Jun 22, 2009
how come the chinese police kills one of ours still, get away with it

menhhhhhhhhh Yarafool what is the matter with u?

plz tell us
Re: Call For Justice. A Nigerian Killed In China by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jun 22, 2009
IKEYMAN!!!:

how come the chinese police kills one of ours still, get away with it

menhhhhhhhhh Yarafool what is the matter with u?

plz tell us

How did you manage to arrive at such conclusion? From facebook and shanghaiexpat; an online forum like nairaland?
Re: Call For Justice. A Nigerian Killed In China by dnex(m): 9:17pm On Jun 22, 2009
When that drug dealer was going to sell cocaine in chinese clubs, did he consult Yar'Adua? Please y'all better face reality. How can our president embark on a mission to matyr him as one of the Good People of our Great Nation?

By the way, all you asking for Nigeria to do things for Nigerians, have you asked yourselves what these Nigerians have done for Nigeria? People that carry their subsidized education from the Nigerian government to engage in building other countries are not bad enough, we have those that go out to rape, push drugs, rob and defraud, yet we want Captain Yar'Adua / Mr. Rule of Law to go make a fool the entire nation over such vagabonds.
Re: Call For Justice. A Nigerian Killed In China by IKEYMAN1: 9:58pm On Jun 22, 2009
How did you manage to arrive at such conclusion? From facebook and shanghaiexpat; an online forum like nairaland?

nuzu, its from that village wey no get eltrick roads and water in rural china

as for the other guy, do u know how many times the saudis have to pardon britico people, so commot for way
Re: Call For Justice. A Nigerian Killed In China by Ellyptical: 11:00pm On Jun 22, 2009
@Kobo,
My Dear, I have on several occasions explained to you that you seem to have an identity crises but your recent behaviour shows that your case may have deepened. While you are known to always try to move against the direction of general opinion, your recent statement on this thread shows how myopic you can be all because you want to say something opposing what every one is saying.
Do not get me wrong. I admire the boldness is takes to speak against the general view but i detest empty and irrational boldness.
Does the poster in anyway support the killings carried out by the Nigerian police? Does the fact that the police commits such offences justify this case in china? Can you prove that nigerians do not cry for justice when a policeman commits a killing? Did you watch the video of the mob action (that resulted in death) carried out on a police man that killed an innocent civilian near churchgate (if i can still recall) in lagos?
You need to rediscover yourself. You are not yourself. The "you" in you is defined by what the environment is saying., meaning that while you think you stand hard and firm, you are tossed around by the slightest wave - though tossed in the opposite direction.
I can bet that if i open a new thread "Call For Justice : Pilice Kills Innocent Citizen" you will jump out and ask
"Why do we not call for action when a citizen is killed in China.
Once again Tracy,
Rediscover yourlself.
You need a psychologist!
Obtigado.
Re: Call For Justice. A Nigerian Killed In China by JosBoy4Lif(m): 12:23am On Jun 23, 2009
Ellyptical:

@Kobo,
My Dear, I have on several occasions explained to you that you seem to have an identity crises but your recent behaviour shows that your case may have deepened. While you are known to always try to move against the direction of general opinion, your recent statement on this thread shows how myopic you can be all because you want to say something opposing what every one is saying.
Do not get me wrong. I admire the boldness is takes to speak against the general view but i detest empty and irrational boldness.
Does the poster in anyway support the killings carried out by the Nigerian police? Does the fact that the police commits such offences justify this case in china? Can you prove that nigerians do not cry for justice when a policeman commits a killing? Did you watch the video of the mob action (that resulted in death) carried out on a police man that killed an innocent civilian near churchgate (if i can still recall) in lagos?
You need to rediscover yourself. You are not yourself. The "you" in you is defined by what the environment is saying., meaning that while you think you stand hard and firm, you are tossed around by the slightest wave - though tossed in the opposite direction.
I can bet that if i open a new thread "Call For Justice : Pilice Kills Innocent Citizen" you will jump out and ask
Once again Tracy,
Rediscover yourlself.
You need a psychologist!
Obtigado.
LMFAO grin grin WTF?
Re: Call For Justice. A Nigerian Killed In China by Nobody: 2:11am On Jun 23, 2009
IKEYMAN!!!:

nuzu, its from that village wey no get eltrick roads and water in rural china

as for the other guy, do u know how many times the saudis have to pardon britico people, so commot for way

Hmm? No electricity and good roads in china? okay oo.

Saudi is not the same as china. The chinese authority does not discriminate when it comes to punishing drug dealers.
However, all these are speculation as we dont really how he died.
Re: Call For Justice. A Nigerian Killed In China by seeklove: 5:29am On Jun 23, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Before I go off on the chinese without thinking, how come there are no calls for justice for the many more Nigerians brutally killed by our own police men and government officials each year?

This is really serious. This is the height of being uncivilized. Justifying injustice due to another injustice. The fact that Nigerian police is unjust does not excuse Chinese security men to act unjustly. Injustice is wrong no matter who does it, and there is no excuse or justification for it. This is civility.

Judging from some the posts I see in this forum, I wonder some posters educational background.
Re: Call For Justice. A Nigerian Killed In China by seeklove: 5:41am On Jun 23, 2009
nuzo:

The story seems very incomplete to me and most foreigners in china (both white and black).

However, stories has it that he was a known drug dealer who had a fight with club bouncers after he was warned several times to leave the club or stop selling his wares.

Nigerians in china have gained notoriety for drug peddling and thereby being denied visa renewal.

Whichever way, those who committed this crime should be brought to book.

@nuzo
Intelligent input.

Ellyptical:

@Kobo,
Once again Tracy,
Rediscover yourlself.
You need a psychologist!
Obtigado.

@Ellyptical
My brother I completely agree with you in the above. Some people's agenda is to oppose everything Nigerian. If a Nigerian is killed in China they justify it with injustice in Nigeria. Is there any country where there is no injustice? So people should be killed unjustly in foreign countries just because there is injustice in their country of origin.
You are very right, an individual with such sentiments of hatred towards his own country is definitely suffering from Identity crises. It is also a sign of extreme inferiority complex. The guy may get offended but the truth is that he definitely needs a psychologist. He may be a danger to himself and Nigerians around. Even if not physically,  his sentiments are very dangerous.
Re: Call For Justice. A Nigerian Killed In China by FBS: 6:47am On Jun 23, 2009
Was this an act of racism or there is more to the story?
An investigation should be launched irrespective of the reason.

RIP. May the Good Lord comfort his family.
Re: Call For Justice. A Nigerian Killed In China by JustGood(m): 10:42am On Jun 23, 2009
We do have serious problems as Nigerians. That is the reason we are usually the laughing stock of the world. If a British man is to be punished in any part of the world, British people never talk about what the man has done, they focus on whatever negatives they can find about the other country. Same applies for Americans (I think).

However if something happens to a Nigerian man, Nigerians will be the first to condemn the Nigerian man.

That is why we all suffer for our stupidity and we get no respect from other nationalities. Not because we are worse than them comparatively but because we are unable to seek our own good collectively.

cry cry cry
Re: Call For Justice. A Nigerian Killed In China by Nobody: 11:07am On Jun 23, 2009
@Justgood, how often do you see British or American citizens as a focal point on international media? Our people will see others get caught, but feel they are smarter and go and do the same daft things. Please lets be honest with ourselves!
Re: Call For Justice. A Nigerian Killed In China by JustGood(m): 11:25am On Jun 23, 2009
ezinne1212:

@Justgood, how often do you see British or American citizens as a focal point on international media? Our people will see others get caught, but feel they are smarter and go and do the same daft things. Please lets be honest with ourselves!

I'm not sure how much on the news you actually get but if you go and search, you will discover that very many Brits get caught smuggling/traffiking drugs in Asian countries. They almost always get away lightly because no one ever says they've done anything wrong. It's always about the justice system of the other nations.

Do you think the girl who got caught in Laos did not know what she was doing? She knew that the British government will pull out all stops to get her out of there. No one in this country has criticised that girl except those on nairaland.
Re: Call For Justice. A Nigerian Killed In China by Litmus: 7:34pm On Jun 23, 2009
Quote from: Ellyptical on Yesterday at 11:00:31 PM
@Kobo,
Once again Tracy,
Rediscover yourlself.
You need a psychologist!
Obtigado.

Most of these people are impostors with hatreds against Nigerians they come here to vent their spleen and laugh at us behind the screen thinking we are gullible fools. Nigerians are very rarely crude, nasty and tacky with their language.   Nigerians have many enemies but don’t realise. I have been in many situations where people did not realise my Nigerian identity because of their ignorance and from what I can gather the bitterness against Nigerians are not to do with Nigerian corruption. They don’t give a toss about all that. It’s not what bugs them. What bugs them is simple things maybe that’s why Nigerians don’t understand. Simple things like Nigerians not being subservient so there are a lot of white people, mix race people, Asians and some black people who have been spoilt by the usual laughy (laughy culture) bowing and scraping always never offensive black people, so Nigerian behaving normally seems to them as if we are arrogant when in fact they are the ones who are arrogant to assume that all black people should be accommodating to other race

Then they are those Nigerians married to whites who are very anti Nigerian because Nigerians are not as welcoming to or worshipful of their white partners and mix race children as they would like unlike in Ghana where the culture is diluted and in its place the culture is skin colours and the worshiping of whites and mix race people.

And please I don’t want anybody tell me what I know for myself, and try to paint it in some sort of negative terms or dismissive terms I can interpret what I see I don’t need anybody to tell me what I see in fact the half has not yet been told you would not believe the things I have come across from Ghanaians, East Africans, Sierra Leone Cameroonians, people from Congo etc because according to them I don’t look Nigerian as if they know what Nigerians look like useless people. In front of Nigerians they are smiles but behind their back they bring out the knife particularly when they want to white masters.

Friend of Litmus
Re: Call For Justice. A Nigerian Killed In China by seyibrown(f): 12:50am On Jun 24, 2009
God have mercy!
Re: Call For Justice. A Nigerian Killed In China by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jun 24, 2009
what matters in life is self confident and appreciation, how can a whole lotta people criticise nigerians?we should learn to keep our heads up and defends our integrity even when others are throwing it to the sharks, the guy killed was killed for some illegal dealings but all the same we shoulnt crucify him for that,instead we should clamour for due representation from our gvt to fight and stand for the cause of nigerians all over the world, long live nigeria,
Re: Call For Justice. A Nigerian Killed In China by Afam(m): 7:46pm On Jun 24, 2009
Ellyptical:

@Kobo,
Once again Tracy,
Rediscover yourlself.
You need a psychologist!
Obtigado.

U sabi the guy well well. I have told him that he will self destruct on this forum with his many unguarded and silly remarks based on ignorance.
Re: Call For Justice. A Nigerian Killed In China by Ellyptical: 12:33am On Jun 28, 2009
KoboJunkie is not a "him". It's a "her".
Tracy is not a male name. Is it?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate / Fg Opts For Fresh Dialogue With Mend / Boko Haram Revealed Why They Didn't Kill Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.