Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,955 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

NYSC Has Outlived Its Purpose. - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Has Outlived Its Purpose. (732 Views)

NYSC - A Useless And Worthless Program That Has Outlived Its Relevance / Nysc Has Been Scrapped / Nysc Has Stylishly Made The #3,000 Payment Compulsory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

NYSC Has Outlived Its Purpose. by johnchiii(m): 10:18pm On Jan 16, 2016
nysc has outlived its structured and established purposes.
i believe this scheme has outlived the purposes for which it was established, as a serving corp member of our great country, speaking from all i have seen, heard, experienced and witnessed, i see nothing and no benefit in this scheme any longer, the Nysc i believe was established to bring every youth close to make us a one Nigeria and established also with a view to the proper encouragement and development of common ties among the youths of Nigeria and the promotion of national unity, but the youths to which this scheme was introduced has turned the development of common ties among eachother to development of commons immoral ties within boys and girls, men and women and ladies and gentlemen, even in the 21 days camp, you hear nd see news of immoral attrocities committed even by married ladies wt other men, the scheme actually has turned into a year of time wastage both psychologically mentally financially and otherwise, has also turned into year cohabiting btwn youths, a year where number of girls or boys you had sexual affair with is an achievement to discuss or highlight with other peers and the both parties enjoy this. Unlike in 1973 wheh the scheme was first introduced, there was arranged welfare of youth corp members, free accomodation, feeding and even transportation, where you see easterners going to the west, and people from the west to the east, and people from north to east and etc,unlike now, where a corp member is from oyo, schools in ondo, and serves in ekiti, or from imo, schools in abia and serves in enugu or relatively from rivers, schools in delta and serves in edo, where is the promotion of unity then, what then is the usefulness if the whole scheme, now a corp member pays for a hous rent of 70-150k per year and earns 220k in the duration of the service year and you re still expected to make feeding, transportation nd savings from there, thats not right, and increasing of the allowance is not reasonable, let the money be used to increase our minimum wage to better our lives when we get there, i believe that this scheme has outrightly outgrown its purpose and should be scrapped and the money/fund which is to be the total accumulation of the allowance in a year should be given to every fresh graduate of this con3 to use in empowering his/herself, that will be of more useful help than the scheme, i believe it will help in self emplolyment, productivity and in our GNP.....
your structured criticisms, contributions and other comments are welcomed..
thank yu!
God bless Nigeria!
God bless Pmb!
God bless us all!
Re: NYSC Has Outlived Its Purpose. by redcliff: 10:43pm On Jan 16, 2016
Lmao! Genau so!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Benue State Batcha Stream2 Let Meet Here / Angry Corper Lashes Out At Access Bank In His Letter On Facebook To The Bank / 2017 Batch B Ekiti Pcm's Check In...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.