Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,484 members, 7,816,145 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

Should Cosmetic Testing On Animals Be Banned? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Should Cosmetic Testing On Animals Be Banned? (701 Views)

My Experience With HIV Testing Today. / Vaccine Against Cocaine Addiction Starts Test Trials On Animals / Small Animals And Insects That Cause Big And Deadly Diseases (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should Cosmetic Testing On Animals Be Banned? by courageoseghale: 12:51am On Jan 17, 2016
[img][/img]
Testing cosmetics on animals is a type of animal testing used to test the safety and hypo-allergenic properties of products for use by humans. According to my research, I see that numerous animals are experimented on and then killed after their use, while others are injured and will spend the remaining of their lives held in captivity. That is wrong. That is being cruel to animals. Animals should not be put through pain just to make humans look better. It is cruel and unfair. Humans can live without make-up. Why should they have to die for us? They can feel pain, and have emotions too. How would we feel if animals wanted to test on us? You wouldn't be happy, right?

Statistics shows that 115 million, not including rats and mice, animals die each year from cosmetic alone. They are forced to live in cold cages, and wait until they are picked to be experimented on. Their blood pressure gets high whenever someone walks past there cage, they also get really scared and start walking around in circles, rocking back and forth and eating their skin and hair. This is not how we should be treating animals, we should treat them with respect. At least, we share this planet with them.

Researchers and Animal Scientists have researched on the fact of testing cosmetic on animals. "I don't think we can justify using animals for cosmetics research," said Clive Page, a researcher at the University of London. Research shows that animal testing on cosmetics or their ingredients was banned in the UK in 1998. And in early 2014, India announced a ban on testing cosmetics on animals in the country, thereby becoming the second country in Asia to do so. Later India banned import of cosmetics tested on animals in November 2014. With all this, we can see that cosmetic testing on animals is wrong.

We know all things got advantages and disadvantages, but on the case of cosmetic testing on animals, advantages only goes to the company because that is what favours them.

• Companies who participate in cosmetic testing have a competitive edge over companies who do not test their cosmetics.
• Companies feel that they are safeguarding the environment through cosmetic testing on animals.
• Companies feel that consumers are pressuring for safe and improved products.

Listed above are the advantages of cosmetics testing on animals and are of the companies’ advantages. They are not putting animals and its environment into consideration. Here are the disadvantages of cosmetic testing on animals;
continue reading at http://www.wildinews..com/2016/01/cb-readers-should-cosmetic-testing-on.html?m=0
Courage's Blog

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Continous Stooling Non Stop! Help! Help!! Help!!! / Picture; Should We Eat This, Is It Lassa Fever carrier? / Please! Help With Rashes On My Face Caused By Drug Reaction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.