Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,126 members, 7,835,785 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

Testimony Time! It's + 1 Year Already - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Testimony Time! It's + 1 Year Already (762 Views)

Woman Shares Amazing Testimony After Her Baby Survived A Freak Accident / Another Rape Case, This Time, It's A Baby And Her 28 Years Old Cousin / Man Batter Sister, Says Her Testimony Made Court Dissolve His Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Testimony Time! It's + 1 Year Already by flourishinnovat(f): 6:05am On Jan 17, 2016
Hubby,pls pardon me for bringing this online.i want everyone to learn from my experience.

This is my testimony!

Last year,precisely January 11th, 2015, we celebrated the birthday of my daughter and on the 15th, the devil struck.
I take care of my two kids alone.we woke up as usual, hubby prepared and left for work while I got my son ready and took him to school.when I got back, I sent the security man to buy bread for me and as God will have it,phcn decided to give us light.I rejoiced and put on cartoon for my baby. She was handling with my wedding ring cos it always on my finger though a little loose. I think I dozed off. Within the next second, I heard a cry and jumped up to see my daughter struggling and choking. I turned her with her tummy to the chair and kept hitting her back to make her throw up whatever was choking her but to my greatest shock,my daughter started vomiting blood and was looking into my eyes crying out to me to help her. I was putting on a small short and singlet,I rushed out of my house and shouted to my neighbour. She ran out and all I could say was I don't know what she swallowed. By then,my daughter was turning green still struggling and vomiting blood. My neighbour took her from me and pushed me inside to go and dress up cos she saw that i was ready to drive out that way.she told me to give her water but my hand was shaking so much that the bottle fell and the water poured away.My neighbour told me that she won't allow me drive. She said keep praying nothing will happen to her.I could only call my daughter's name in the midst of tears and say "…... U will not die cos this was not my agreement with God".
We got to the hospital But there was traffic at the entrance. I ran out of the car with my daughter and made for the paediatric section.as I ran into the consulting room with my baby,I shouted emergency and a nurse was like "wait,we are attending to another patient".I replied "don't let me slap u".u see a child whose cloth is soaked in blood and u tell me to wait.
The doctor on call didn't know what to do, so she sent for a more experienced doctor.it was then I decided to call my mum. Never overlook the prayer of a mother. When she picked all I could say was the name of my daughter continuously and my neighbour snatched the phone from me. My mum later recounted that she started crying right in front of the class she was teaching and the students joined her in crying. She said something told her to start praying and she told all the students to kneel down and pray with her.
By then,the doctor sent for had arrived and continued hitting the back of her chest,till she vomited the ring. They came to tell me it was my wedding ring,only then did I realize that my wedding ring was not on my finger.
A lady there told me her neighbour's child died the previous week from swallowing pen cover.
Anyone I tell my story always tell me that God was really at work because most kids don't survive it.

I was thankful and grateful to God for answering the prayers of people I don't know cos I know my prayer alone couldn't have done it.

Lesson:- Parents should be very careful with things around kids of 10months and 18months cos they are more likely to put everything and anything in their mouth.
Some say experience is the best teacher but people like hubby will say let the experience of others be your teacher.

Pls,forgive any grammatical errors.thanks.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Testimony Time! It's + 1 Year Already by Teenaba(f): 2:03pm On Jan 17, 2016
God is awesome.
Re: Testimony Time! It's + 1 Year Already by harbeordune(f): 2:25pm On Jan 17, 2016
That could only be God o. Trust me. God is faithful, u shall not bring forth for Sorrow.

1 Like

Re: Testimony Time! It's + 1 Year Already by snakie86: 3:04pm On Jan 17, 2016
U just dont lose sight on them at that age
Re: Testimony Time! It's + 1 Year Already by Evina(f): 8:04pm On Jan 17, 2016
Hmmm. Thanks be to God!
Re: Testimony Time! It's + 1 Year Already by PresVA: 8:43pm On Jan 17, 2016
Chaiii... God's good .. May He be praised smiley
Re: Testimony Time! It's + 1 Year Already by rachyluv2013: 5:55am On Jan 18, 2016
I really thank God for you.May his name be praised.

I have also witnessed something similar in my former church many years back of a members only son,whom God blessed after having several girls.

one a faithful day when the son and one of his sisters where doing their home work,the boy swallowed the bottom cover of a Biro,and was choking.the sister called on to their mum for help but she was too busy in the kitchen to respond urgently to the call,by the time she came out,the boy was almost choked to death,she rushed him to the hospital and for close to two weeks the boy's body had turned green and doctors still had not found out what went wrong even after several test.As no one knew exactly what he had swallowed.

The whole church was in prayers throughout this period.And God being who he is,heard these prayers and intervened miraculously.

On one of the nights when the dad rocked him to bed after reading out a bible story about how the fish swallowed Jonah and vomited him afterwards,the little boy called out the dad and said"Dad, don't worry ,I shall vomit whatever is troubling me just as the fish vomited Jonah"and the Dad said amen and left for home .
Just about midnight the boy started vomiting heavily green substances ,and the mum called out to the doctor, after the throwing up,they checked and discovered the small bottom Biro cover in his vomit,and that how the next day the boy was discharged healed.
Moral-Just as the OP rightly advised,let's keep away all harmful objects from kids.
and also respond quickly to the cry of our kids no matter how busy we are,even when we feel they have started playing one of their pranks,we never can tell.

1 Like

Re: Testimony Time! It's + 1 Year Already by tollu: 8:46am On Jan 18, 2016
That's one very scary story.

Thanks to God Almighty that it ended well.
Thanks for sharing.
Re: Testimony Time! It's + 1 Year Already by VintageCocktail(m): 8:59am On Jan 18, 2016
God is a merciful God. May your name be praised. Op you would not have survived this if anything had happen to her. You are lucky ma.

To others......

In case you witness this, do not panic...breath to calm down then try the......
Heimlich manoeuvre ...it is a very useful method of removing whatever got stuck in the throat. Google it nairalanders for saving of life.
Or lay the person flat and raise the chin to open up the airway, and if it is possible use your index and middle finger to form a hook to try and remove whatever is lodged in there. Of course calling for help is the first thing to do before all this........911, neighbours, people that owns cars that can take the person to the hospital.
Re: Testimony Time! It's + 1 Year Already by Shiningmama(f): 9:25pm On Jan 18, 2016
Had similar experience, I wanted to die that day but I forcefully brought out the ring oooo. It was when I got to the hospital that the doctor told me next time I should hit her back. But there won't be next time in Jesus name.

(1) (Reply)

Photo of the day / Girl Sue Mother For $600 For Been Poor / Zimbabwean Man Finds Wife In Bed With Snake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.