Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,846 members, 7,817,506 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

How To Control What Children See On Television - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Control What Children See On Television (431 Views)

Top 10 Countries Where Government Beg Citizens To Have Many Children, See No. 7 / See What Children Were Spotted Doing At A Party (photos, Video ) / I Feel My Father -in -law Is Trying To Control Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Control What Children See On Television by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jan 17, 2016
Have you been bothered by what is shown on television these days?
Do you worry that your children or wards might be getting exposed to the wrong things through the entertainment industry? If yes, then you are just like the majority of parents in the world today.
We can all complain and complain, there is nothing much we can do about what is shown on TV. Rather, we can have control over what our children see.

DSTV give you a chance through their DSTV explora. A youtube video showing how to go about it isthis

But even then, how do you know which show to block your Children from seeing? and which show you would really like them to see. Most shows especially from the USA are given ratings to help guide parents on which is suitable for their kids and people of different ages. Here is a list of ratings and what they mean.
TV-Y
For all children.
TV-Y7
For children aged 7 and above. It is more appropriate for children who have acquired the developmental skills needed to distinguish between make-believe and reality.
See the resthere

(1) (Reply)

Keyboard Lessons / Siblings Recreate Childhood Photo With Their Dad... / See What I Think About This Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.