Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,570 members, 7,820,049 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

Resurrection Of The People Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Resurrection Of The People Of God (482 Views)

10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact / Why Is The Sunday Before The Resurrection Of Christ Called Palm Sunday? / The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Resurrection Of The People Of God by Kei144(m): 6:34pm On Jan 17, 2016
1Co. 15:21 For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man.

Death came to mankind through a man, Adam. Resurrection of the dead came through Jesus Christ.

Jn. 11:25 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies;
Jn. 11:26 and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?”
Jn. 11:27 “Yes, Lord,” she told him, “I believe that you are the Christ, [Or Messiah] the Son of God, who was to come into the world.”

Resurrection of the people of God is a matter of believing in Jesus. Jesus said that whoever lives and believe in him will never die. There and then, Mary declared to him that she believed that he is the messiah. But Mary did die. Why did Mary have to die?
Re: Resurrection Of The People Of God by Kei144(m): 7:41pm On Jan 19, 2016
Anyone who reads my first post will easily conclude that I doubt Jesus' word. Actually, I am a strong believer in the words of Jesus. What I want to bring up here is Christians' understanding of the words of Jesus. In order to understand the words of Jesus, and most of what the New Testament says about Jesus, one needs to understand that God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him (Col. 1:19). This means that some words that Jesus spoke were God directly speaking through him(Jn. 14:10).

Mary believed in Jesus the same way that Christians believe in Jesus today. Mary believed that Jesus is the messiah, the Son of God. Today's Christians believe that Jesus is Lord, messiah and Son of God. In the case of Mary, she even expressed her belief directly to Jesus, yet his promise that whoever that is alive and believes in Jesus will never die could not apply to Mary. Today, Christians claim that they believe in Jesus, or have received Jesus into their hearts, and so are saved. Like in the case of Mary, the promise of Jesus in Jn. 11:26 has not been manifesting in Christians. This then raises the question of whether the salvation that these Christians claim is real.
Re: Resurrection Of The People Of God by Kei144(m): 2:50am On Jan 20, 2016
Jn. 11:25-26 contains the principle of resurrection of the people of God. All it takes is believing--faith. And that is all that the churches talk about today. But, believe in what? And the churches tell you, Jesus! What do we believe about Jesus?

Jesus is God.
Jesus is messiah.
Jesus is the Son of God.
Jesus is Lord and personal Savior.
etc.

He. 1:1 In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways,
He. 1:2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe.

The only thing that really matters is the word that God has spoken to us through Jesus Christ. When you hear Jesus say, "Believe in me," it is God speaking. And He is simply saying, "Believe my word." So, in Jn. 11:26, Jesus says that what it takes for a child of God to never experience death is to always believe the word of God.
Re: Resurrection Of The People Of God by Kei144(m): 2:52am On Jan 20, 2016
What does it mean to believe the word of God? To believe the word of God means to accept or receive it.

Jn. 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Jn. 1:2 He was with God in the beginning.
Jn. 1:3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.
Jn. 1:4 In him was life, and that life was the light of men.

The general understanding among Christians these days is that the Word in John 1 is Jesus. This kind of understanding, and the doctrines built around it, look so elegant; but the problem with them is that they hinder the resurrection of God's people. The Word in John 1 is simply the spoken word or will of God.

Jn. 1:5 The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.
Jn. 1:9 The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world.
Jn. 1:10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him.
Jn. 1:11 He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him.
Jn. 1:12 Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God —

John 1 changes from the Word to the light in verse 5. Is the Word the same with the light? Most Christians will answer that they are the same and that Jesus is them. But in reality, the light is the Holy Spirit of God (Re. 4:5). God speaks His word through His Holy Spirit. The Spirit is like wave (light) and God speaks by modulating the wave. So, the Word and the light (Spirit) actually go together. KJV of Jn. 1:12 says that as many as received him (the Word, the Spirit), to them gave he power to become sons of God.

What does it mean to become a son of God? A son of God is characterized by the divine (holy) nature and immortality. So, accepting or receiving the word of God gives a person power to be holy and to never die. However, the Word being referred to in John 1 is specifically the word that God spoke through Jesus Christ. That is what the resurrection of the people of God is all about.
Re: Resurrection Of The People Of God by Kei144(m): 4:22am On Jan 25, 2016
Jn. 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, [Or the Only Begotten] who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Most Christians see Jn. 1:14 as evidence that the Word (God) materialized as Jesus. But that is not what the verse is saying. The verse is simply saying that God manifested His presence through a man (flesh). He therefore spoke through that man. If you have seen deliverance sessions, you see evil spirits speaking through human beings. Is it then so wonderful that God could speak through a man? The big question though is, how does a man qualify to host the manifestation of God?

How did the nation of Israel qualify to host the manifestations of God? It all started with Abraham believing God's word. Abraham had two sons through two different women. The idolatrous background of Ishmael's mother promptly disqualified him from hosting the manifestations of God. God therefore removed Ishmael far from Abraham, so that Abraham had only Isaac to transfer his relationship with God to. Isaac had two sons. Esau cared less about his divine heritage and so could not relate well with the word of God. Jacob, who later became Israel, apparently cared more about his divine heritage. You can also see that mother plays very vital role. Jacob was closer to the mother, from whom he must have learned the ways of God. Thus, you can see that God's rejection of Ishmael has a lot to do with the fact that the mother knew nothing about the way of God.

Ex. 33:1 Then the LORD said to Moses, “Leave this place, you and the people you brought up out of Egypt, and go up to the land I promised on oath to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, saying, ‘I will give it to your descendants.’
Ex. 33:2 I will send an angel before you and drive out the Canaanites, Amorites, Hittites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites.
Ex. 33:3 Go up to the land flowing with milk and honey. But I will not go with you, because you are a stiff-necked people and I might destroy you on the way.”

The whole purpose of the Promised Land was the establishment of permanent presence of God. God did not allow the Israelites to enter that land until they learned to accept His word.
Re: Resurrection Of The People Of God by Kei144(m): 4:23am On Jan 25, 2016
Nu. 13:27 They gave Moses this account: “We went into the land to which you sent us, and it does flow with milk and honey! Here is its fruit.
Nu. 13:28 But the people who live there are powerful, and the cities are fortified and very large. We even saw descendants of Anak there.
Nu. 13:29 The Amalekites live in the Negev; the Hittites, Jebusites and Amorites live in the hill country; and the Canaanites live near the sea and along the Jordan.”
Nu. 13:30 Then Caleb silenced the people before Moses and said, “We should go up and take possession of the land, for we can certainly do it.”
Nu. 13:31 But the men who had gone up with him said, “We can’t attack those people; they are stronger than we are.”
Nu. 13:32 And they spread among the Israelites a bad report about the land they had explored. They said, “The land we explored devours those living in it. All the people we saw there are of great size.
Nu. 13:33 We saw the Nephilim there (the descendants of Anak come from the Nephilim). We seemed like grasshoppers in our own eyes, and we looked the same to them.”

God led Moses to send spies to the land they were going to possess. It was just a test on the people of Israel to see if they believe God's word that He will give them the Promised Land. Most of the people who explored the land did not believe that God was able to give them the land. God therefore turned them back towards Egypt and they stayed in the desert for 40 years.

Nu. 20:7 The LORD said to Moses,
Nu. 20:8 “Take the staff, and you and your brother Aaron gather the assembly together. Speak to that rock before their eyes and it will pour out its water. You will bring water out of the rock for the community so that they and their livestock can drink.”
Nu. 20:9 So Moses took the staff from the LORD’s presence, just as he commanded him.
Nu. 20:10 He and Aaron gathered the assembly together in front of the rock and Moses said to them, “Listen, you rebels, must we bring you water out of this rock?”
Nu. 20:11 Then Moses raised his arm and struck the rock twice with his staff. Water gushed out, and the community and their livestock drank.
Nu. 20:12 But the LORD said to Moses and Aaron, “Because you did not trust in me enough to honor me as holy in the sight of the Israelites, you will not bring this community into the land I give them.”

Go told Moses to speak to the rock. Moses was used to doing miracles with his staff; he wasn't used to doing miracle by speaking words. Moses obviously doubted if speaking words could cause miracle and so used his staff. By so doing, he rejected the word of God. God promptly disqualified him from entering the Promised Land.

Jo. 1:6 “Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their forefathers to give them.
Jo. 1:7 Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go.
Jo. 1:8 Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.
Jo. 1:9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”
Jo. 1:10 So Joshua ordered the officers of the people:
Jo. 1:11 “Go through the camp and tell the people, `Get your supplies ready. Three days from now you will cross the Jordan here to go in and take possession of the land the LORD your God is giving you for your own.’“

God gave His word to Joshua. Joshua immediately ordered the officers of the people to go through the camp and tell the people that they would enter the Promised Land in three days time. How did Joshua learn such great faith. he believed God's word and galvanized the people to accept God's word as reality. Within a short time, they crossed into the Promised Land.
Re: Resurrection Of The People Of God by Kei144(m): 4:25am On Jan 25, 2016
De. 8:2 Remember how the LORD your God led you all the way in the desert these forty years, to humble you and to test you in order to know what was in your heart, whether or not you would keep his commands.
De. 8:3 He humbled you, causing you to hunger and then feeding you with manna, which neither you nor your fathers had known, to teach you that man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the LORD.

Mt. 4:4 Jesus answered, “It is written: `Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’“ [Deut. 8:3]

Jn. 6:63 The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you are spirit [Or Spirit] and they are life.

Jn. 1:4 In him was life, and that life was the light of men.

How does one live or feed on the word of God? The word of God is (eternal) life. Adam and Eve lost eternal life when they dumped the word of God and rather fed on the word of Satan. I read people here on glp talk about longevity enzyme; it doesn't exist. Longevity only comes by feeding on God's word.

Jn. 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, [Or the Only Begotten] who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

1Jn. 1:1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched — this we proclaim concerning the Word of life.
1Jn. 1:2 The life appeared; we have seen it and testify to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and has appeared to us.

Jn. 6:53 Jesus said to them, “I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.

When God spoke through a man, His word became flesh. Not only did the man speak the word, he also fulfilled the word. And he said that unless you also speak the word of God and become a fulfillment of the word, you have no life in you; because eternal life is in the word.
Re: Resurrection Of The People Of God by Kei144(m): 4:27am On Jan 25, 2016
Ro. 10:8 But what does it say? “The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart,” [Deut. 30:14] that is, the word of faith we are proclaiming:
Ro. 10:9 That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
Ro. 10:10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.
Ro. 10:11 As the Scripture says, “Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame.” [Isaiah 28:16]

Mt. 22:29 Jesus replied, “You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God.

Ph. 2:12 Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed — not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence — continue to work out your salvation with fear and
trembling,
Ph. 2:13 for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose.

We need to know the word of God and we need to know about the power of God. It is only when the power of God works in a person that the person is able to will and to act according to God's word. That is what grace is all about: the power of God working in you and enabling you to work out your salvation. Unfortunately, the understanding in many churches today is that the Christian doesn't earn his/her salvation by her/his works, but rather only by his/her belief.

It is just like an African tilling the ground manually. Such an African will not be able to grow much food, even though he makes so much effort. Then, you give the African machine power. Should he now quit his farming and believe that the machine power is doing the farming for him? No! The African still has to do his farming work; the machine power greatly reduces the human effort that he needs to put in and at the same time greatly increases his productivity.

God has given us His divine power through Jesus Christ. We operate that power by having His word in our hearts and speaking forth the word. That was the technique Joshua used to cross the Israelites into the Promised Land. That was the principle God tried to teach Moses when He told Moses to speak to the rock.

(1) (Reply)

Why Covert Spiritual Gifts? / Every Christian . should Read this / PASTOR REJECTS OFFERING .........says Too Small For The Lord

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.