Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,693 members, 7,820,419 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Help! Could Mtn Be Deliberately Frustrating Efforts To Port To Other Networks? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help! Could Mtn Be Deliberately Frustrating Efforts To Port To Other Networks? (627 Views)

Trump Is Frustrating Chinese Tech Companies And See How It May Affect Nigerians / The Difference Between Glo Data Plans And Other Networks / Free And Fast Proxy Server IP And Port To Browse Anonymous September 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Could Mtn Be Deliberately Frustrating Efforts To Port To Other Networks? by ebimila: 10:20am On Jan 18, 2016
Goodday Pals. Something funny is obviously going on with MTN. I have undergone MTN registration severally and despite this MTN blocked my line on 2 occasions. In recent times just like everyone else, they have been bombarding me with SIM REG messages and i decided to port. I have been on this matter in the last 2weeks to no avail. The new network provider i want to migrate to has given me another another SIM after completing forms but i cant activate it on my phone without the MTN signal going off. I sent PORT to 3232 and received message to proceed twice but MTN has refused to release the line. I have called their customer care to no avail and its been one excuse or the other. Infact today, i was asked to go their center and i got upset with the lady (thinking of the crowd alone there scares me). When i told her i was going to escalate to NCC, she quickly put me on hold. Then she came back and told me her supervisor will call me back. STORY!!!! I am still waiting. The strange thing is that i have a colleague who is experiencing the same thing and his is over 3weeks. Could this be a deliberate attempt by MTN to frustrate efforts to PORT to another network?
Re: Help! Could Mtn Be Deliberately Frustrating Efforts To Port To Other Networks? by Godsate: 10:20am On Jan 18, 2016
Having the same challenge with MTN? I sent the text PORT to 3232 and received message that it was received and that I can now proceed to the next network.

More than a week now, MTN is has not disconnect the line from their network. They are just doing everything possible to frustrate people from porting.

I'm presently working with my lawyer to take MTN to court.

No going back.
Re: Help! Could Mtn Be Deliberately Frustrating Efforts To Port To Other Networks? by abimbawealth(f): 10:21am On Jan 18, 2016
You still need to register that line...since it has been deactivated
Re: Help! Could Mtn Be Deliberately Frustrating Efforts To Port To Other Networks? by Tallesty1(m): 10:28am On Jan 18, 2016
abimbawealth:
You still need to register that line...since it has been deactivated
I think this lady is right@Op
Re: Help! Could Mtn Be Deliberately Frustrating Efforts To Port To Other Networks? by ebimila: 10:31am On Jan 18, 2016
The line has not be deactivated. It was blocked on 2 occasion and then released after that i still did the SIM Reg. Its working now but those messages keep coming in. The issue now is for MTN network to go off so i can put the other SIM. Thats the battle and i cant even imagine going to queue at their office with all this messages coming in. I would rather PORT.
Re: Help! Could Mtn Be Deliberately Frustrating Efforts To Port To Other Networks? by ebimila: 10:38am On Jan 18, 2016
I'm beginning to feel this is something close to what the banks were doing at some point when they refuse to allow you close account or move deposit to another bank by frustrating efforts. If they make it easy, just imagine all the crowd we see at the various centers opting to PORT to other networks instead of queuing under the sun just to register or re-register and get their "419" bonus of N5000 OR N10,000 (which virtually disappears before you talk for 5 mins)
Re: Help! Could Mtn Be Deliberately Frustrating Efforts To Port To Other Networks? by Nobody: 10:55am On Jan 18, 2016
ebimila:
I'm beginning to feel this is something close to what the banks were doing at some point when they refuse to allow you close account or move deposit to another bank by frustrating efforts. If they make it easy, just imagine all the crowd we see at the various centers opting to PORT to other networks instead of queuing under the sun just to register or re-register and get their "419" bonus of N5000 OR N10,000 (which virtually disappears before you talk for 5 mins)
mine as refuse to disappear after 2 hrs talk time

1 Like

Re: Help! Could Mtn Be Deliberately Frustrating Efforts To Port To Other Networks? by amnps: 11:04am On Jan 18, 2016
I wonder why people still bother themselves with this porting thing. For crying out loud, if a network gives you any issues, simply walk into any other network's shop and buy yourself their sim. It's not like sim cards still cost 20k.
Re: Help! Could Mtn Be Deliberately Frustrating Efforts To Port To Other Networks? by ebimila: 11:04am On Jan 18, 2016
Lucky you.

asuustrike2009:

mine as refuse to disappear after 2 hrs talk time
Re: Help! Could Mtn Be Deliberately Frustrating Efforts To Port To Other Networks? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jan 18, 2016
ebimila:
Lucky you.
am on MTN zone and my call rates are at 12k/sec all networks most times

(1) (Reply)

Downloaded The New Whatsapp And Couldnt Use Whatsapp Again / Samsung Hints At Smartwatch That Scans Veins To Verify Identity / Samsung's Move To 12MP Is Not A Downgrade.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.