Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,851 members, 7,862,782 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 06:17 AM

Nnamdi Kanu Not Ill, Bubbling In Detention – Lawyer - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu Not Ill, Bubbling In Detention – Lawyer (705 Views)

IPOB: Kanu Not Being Held By Nigerian Govt, May Be Hiding – Lai Mohammed / Why Has Nnamdi Kanu Not Been Rearrested Despite Violating Bail Conditions? / Nnamdi Kanu Not A South East Leader Of Thought- Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Nnamdi Kanu Not Ill, Bubbling In Detention – Lawyer by DONSMITH123(m): 10:27am On Jan 18, 2016
Lawyer to the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Vincent Obetta, has revealed that the embattled leader is not ill and has not been tortured while in custody of the Department of State Services, DSS.

This is contrary to reports in the media, claiming that his health status was deteriorating.

Obetta, in a statement said Kanu who also doubles as the Director of Radio Biafra is in high spirit not minding the fact that he is in custody.

He said, “I would like to say that as a solicitor and advocate of the federal republic of Nigeria, I have sworn to an oath, to defend the defenceless and above all, to say the truth and be fair to all, at all material times,”

“Having said that, I must add that I have been inundated with calls and I also read in several mediums, all manner of ruse about my client; that he has been tortured by the DSS, transferred to a more deadly cell, and also that he has been critically ill.

“I am still wondering where such information came from. I can authoritatively say that apart from the British government‘s team that visited him (Nnamdi kanu) last year, I am, and have been the only one who has been privileged to have access (though limited) to him and all through my visits, there has not been any overt or covert situation pointing to a case of torture on him by the authority of the DSS. He is neither sick nor have fallen sick since his incarceration on the 14th October, 2015.

“During my last visit, 14th January, 2016, we had robust and cheerful discussions even with his captors. He was also in good health, full of life and in high spirits contrary to the media reportage that he is being tortured, has been sick and broken.

“The media should do more in the area of investigative journalism before going to the tabloid.”

The lawyer to leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Vincent Obetta has said contrary to reports the embattled leader is not ill and has not been tortured while in custody of the Department of State Services, DSS.

According to Obetta, Kanu letter is in high spirits in the custody of the), Vincent Obetta, his lawyer, has said.

Obetta, in a statement said Kanu who is also the Director of Radio Biafra is in high spirit.
He said, “I would like to say that as a solicitor and advocate of the federal republic of Nigeria, I have sworn to an oath, to defend the defenceless and above all, to say the truth and be fair to all, at all material times,”

“Having said that, I must add that I have been inundated with calls and I also read in several mediums, all manner of ruse about my client; that he has been tortured by the DSS, transferred to a more deadly cell, and also that he has been critically ill.

“I am still wondering where such information came from. I can authoritatively say that apart from the British government‘s team that visited him (Nnamdi kanu) last year, I am, and have been the only one who has been privileged to have access (though limited) to him and all through my visits, there has not been any overt or covert situation pointing to a case of torture on him by the authority of the DSS. He is neither sick nor have fallen sick since his incarceration on the 14th October, 2015.

“During my last visit, 14th January, 2016, we had robust and cheerful discussions even with his captors. He was also in good health, full of life and in high spirits contrary to the media reportage that he is being tortured, has been sick and broken.

“The media should do more in the area of investigative journalism before going to the tabloid.”

Cc: lalasticlalal

http://dailypost.ng/2016/01/18/nnamdi-kanu-not-ill-bubbling-in-detention-lawyer/

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Not Ill, Bubbling In Detention – Lawyer by slyng(m): 10:30am On Jan 18, 2016
Much Ado about Nothing. Protesters shouldn't kill theirselves before the real death comes.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Not Ill, Bubbling In Detention – Lawyer by obailala(m): 10:30am On Jan 18, 2016
IgereTv should come and explain the mumu story they were spreading to gullible people.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Not Ill, Bubbling In Detention – Lawyer by donTbone(m): 10:30am On Jan 18, 2016
grin
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Not Ill, Bubbling In Detention – Lawyer by OsusuMustFlow(f): 10:31am On Jan 18, 2016
CC: lalasticlala, IgereTv need to tell us how they got their news o
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Not Ill, Bubbling In Detention – Lawyer by Mynd44: 10:32am On Jan 18, 2016
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Not Ill, Bubbling In Detention – Lawyer by OsusuMustFlow(f): 10:32am On Jan 18, 2016
seriously

obailala:
IgereTv should come and explain the mumu story they were spreading to gullible people.

(1)

Biafra Protests A 'cry For Attention,' Says Former Nigerian President Obasanjo / Lagos Commissioner & Tecno MD, Unveil Tecno CSR Project “light Up Ikeja” / War In APC As Faleke Says Party Plans To Declare Him “absconded”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.