Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,880 members, 7,862,971 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 09:57 AM

Newspaper Review: Tension As Soldiers Comb Delta State In Search Of Militants - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Newspaper Review: Tension As Soldiers Comb Delta State In Search Of Militants (320 Views)

Police In Igando Used Drone To Track Movement Of Militants, Lagos. PICS / Soldiers Invade Oporoza, Delta Community In Search Of Militants / Fear Of Militants’ Resurgence In Niger Delta - Sun Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Newspaper Review: Tension As Soldiers Comb Delta State In Search Of Militants by ugofelix: 1:04pm On Jan 18, 2016
Nigerian national dailies of today, January 18, centered on the tension brewing in the Niger Delta region following the renewed hostilities by some militants in Delta state.

Vanguard reports that the Nigerian military on Sunday, January 17, stormed some Ijaw communities in Gbaramatu kingdom, Warri South-West local government area with gunboats in search of the militants, who carried out a three-day bombing of crude oil and gas pipelines in the state, from last Thursday.

The Joint Task Force Commander of Operation Pulo Shield in the Niger Delta, Major General Alani Okunola, who spoke with journalists, disclosed that the task force was closing in on the militants that blew up oil and gas pipelines belonging to the Nigeria Gas Company, Chevron Nigeria Limited and Nigeria National Petroleum Company, NNPC. He promised that JTF would fish out the culprits.

The chairman of Okpelama, an Ijaw town in Gbaramatu kingdom, Mr. Moses Yabrade, confirmed that that soldiers invaded his community in the midnight of Saturday, breaking houses but stressed that he did not know the purpose of their mission. Read more;
Re: Newspaper Review: Tension As Soldiers Comb Delta State In Search Of Militants by jamoscofield(m): 1:10pm On Jan 18, 2016
my fellow nairalanders,. God has always been there for me since the very first day I got admitted in UNIMAID.. though it wasn't easy for me but I give God the glory it's over now. prior to the official time table released on NYSC website., registration will soon commence and I don't wanna witness any story that touches a heart.. delay is dangerous... your prayers would be appreciated.. thanks..
Cc Lalasticlala seun obsnocopy

(1) (Reply)

Press Release / Https://ia6610./2016/01/21/dermagen-iq/ / Bloodbath In Bayelsa: A Charade Called Election.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.