Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,732 members, 7,824,063 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

Tompolo:government Should Apply Wisdom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tompolo:government Should Apply Wisdom (529 Views)

Tompolo Still Hiding In Delta Creeks / Military Raids Tompolo's Home In Oporoza, Delta State / Soldiers Depart Oporoza Without Tompolo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tompolo:government Should Apply Wisdom by iokpebholo: 1:05pm On Jan 18, 2016
Amnesty program for Niger delta militants came into play on the 25th of June 2009 by the late president Umaru Musa Yaradua.The then spokesman of the committee Mr Tmiebi Koripamo Agari expressed the happiness of the Government on the success of the program.According to him,"despite d fact that d security machinery of d state lies with government,there is need for all parties involved to embrace peace.The program was able to encourage about 10000 armed militants to embrace peace.Even d so called die hard militant leaders like:Henry Okah,Victor Ben(Boyloaf),Late Sagbama George,Asari Dokubo,Ateke Tom etc accepted amnesty.It was so successful dt it led to a 30percent increase in oil production. Let me not waste much time on the history of d amnesty programme.My overriding interest is for d generality of d ppl of Niger delta and Nigeria at large.Here are some of d effects of hostilities in d Niger delta region: (1)Loss of lives and properties.(both from militants,Civilians and security agents). (2)Reduction in oil and gas production.I knw some ppl wil ask,hw much is d oil sef?but wit d present economic situation we need to harness all available funds for devt. (3)The govt cannot afford to fight on different fronts(Bokoharam,IPOB and militants). (4)Kidnapping most especially of foreigners wil definitely scare away investors. I am nt saying Tompolo should nt answer his case wit EFCC oh but wisdom should b applied both by d government and d ex militants. God bless Niger Delta. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Tompolo:government Should Apply Wisdom by jamoscofield(m): 1:06pm On Jan 18, 2016
my fellow nairalanders,. God has always been there for me since the very first day I got admitted in UNIMAID.. though it wasn't easy for me but I give God the glory it's over now. prior to the official time table released on NYSC website., registration will soon commence and I don't wanna witness any story that touches a heart.. delay is dangerous... your prayers would be appreciated.. thanks..
Cc Lalasticlala seun obsnocopy

1 Like

Re: Tompolo:government Should Apply Wisdom by Mack3N: 1:07pm On Jan 18, 2016
This is just an attempt by APC to reduce tompolo's influence in SS/Niger delta politics,they were shocked by bayelsa election victory and want to make sure it doesn't happen again.
Re: Tompolo:government Should Apply Wisdom by iokpebholo: 1:14pm On Jan 18, 2016
Mack3N:
This is just an attempt by APC to reduce tompolo's influence in SS/Niger delta politics,they were shocked by bayelsa election victory and want to make sure it doesn't happen again.
as much as possible let's not blame each other.There is need for peace.i know some ppl wil say Buhari is an ex soldiar and so maximum force should b applied.Trust me every Nigerin wil suffer from d hostility dt wil follow.
Re: Tompolo:government Should Apply Wisdom by iokpebholo: 2:11pm On Jan 18, 2016
jamoscofield:
my fellow nairalanders,. God has always been there for me since the very first day I got admitted in UNIMAID.. though it wasn't easy for me but I give God the glory it's over now. prior to the official time table released on NYSC website., registration will soon commence and I don't wanna witness any story that touches a heart.. delay is dangerous... your prayers would be appreciated.. thanks..
Cc Lalasticlala seun obsnocopy
may God protect u

(1) (Reply)

Letter To Buhari On Jonathan's Probing - Aconfusednigerian / Photos: President Buhari Departs On A 3-day Official Visit To Kenya / Saraki And Tambuwal Plotting Against Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.