Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,690 members, 7,820,401 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Bank Of America Sucks: - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bank Of America Sucks: (1395 Views)

Federal Mortgage Bank Of Nigeria In Crisis Over Appointment Of Richard Esin As A / Jonathan Launches Development Bank Of Nigeria / Italian Arraigned For Defrauding Zenith Bank Of N717m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bank Of America Sucks: by DrDWelz(m): 2:01am On Jun 23, 2009
Just want to vent,

I don't call BofA often, because I really don't need to. However, i can't but notice how pathetic their customer service is. First I spend >5minutes on hold before I get a rude representative. My call this time around was for unintentional overdraft charges. I never, ever run into overdrafts. I don't quite know what happened, but I ended up with 6 charges totaling $210. Needless to say the transactions themselves were but a small fraction compared to the charges.
I get a representative who offers me $86 write-off. I plead for additional mercy, then decide to talk with her supervisor. I wait over 10 minutes before the guy picks up. He then proceeds to tell me, in the rudest and most demeaning tone imaginable, that he can only offer me a $51 write-off and that the prior offer is withdrawn. Have you heard of a customer service representative withdrawing a 'courtesy offer' after the customer waisted a good 25 minutes just getting to speak with him? Perhaps, it should teach me a lesson that these banks are ruthless loan sharks.
I have banked with BofA for over 9years, with an impeccable record,  Bank of America really does sucks. I am not the only one with a extensive record that BofA has mistreated. http://www.bankofamericasucks.com.
BofA carries its begging hat to the government for a bailout only to turn around and be ruthless and inconsiderate to even long term customers who are suffering from the irresponsible actions BofA and like entities.
Please spread the word until BofA gets the message. I will be leaving the bank at my earliest convenience.
http://dudedoc..com/
Re: Bank Of America Sucks: by ObamaUS: 6:53pm On Jun 23, 2009
if Bank of america sucks,try bank of nigeria,
Re: Bank Of America Sucks: by oyinda3(f): 11:12pm On Jun 26, 2009
It's not just the bank of america. all banks are like that. they are business institutions with a single aim of making profits however way they can.

What they hate most is losing a customer so instead of pleading with them (which makes you look like the guilty party and gives them control over the outcome of the situation) just be assertive and threaten to leave for one their rival banks. lol also try calling them again. a different rep will usually pick up (since it's a huge company) and they usually have different moods and temperaments. if you're not satisfied with the negotiations w/ one rep, call the next day or a couple of hrs later. somebody else will pick up. some are very clueless and will do everything u tell them. haha while some can be nasty.

you just have to be persistent and assertive (but still be nice). and also be more careful next time  tongue

when u make a deposit, the deposit doesn't usually register until the next day or so. You will usually get charged for overdraft if you withdraw money before the deposit registered to your account. even though you did the latter first. this is very ridiculous and I would definitely NEVER pay the bank for something like that. maybe that's what happened to you??
Re: Bank Of America Sucks: by KunleA2(m): 8:25pm On Jul 01, 2009
use a credit union. was with BOFA and Wells fargo for 10 yrs each. They suck like a vaccum. These guys. Quit wasting your time with them.

Good luck
Re: Bank Of America Sucks: by sanchymike: 1:14am On Jul 05, 2009
I actually went through the same treatment in wellsfargo, i was charged $10 for overdraft just becos i issued a check and there was no enough money in my checking so they had to withdraw the balance from my savings, i was so furious with the customer service representative beocs i know i had enough money in my account but he said there was nothing he can do after talking to him for like 15 mins, i was later referred to his surpervisor and he said the same thing, i was so mad cos the person that actually cashed the check was using wellsfargo.

i have an account with bank of america but i have not really had a bad experince with them and I got $25 from them for banking with them grin
Re: Bank Of America Sucks: by KunleA2(m): 2:49am On Jul 05, 2009
My experience with BOFA is that i have a direct deposit. i get paid on fridays. i wrote two checks on wednesday evening and the check hit the bank on thursday midnight. the direct deposit also hit on thursday midnight. The bank would not honor the check. I called and they told me that "the funds doesnt get posted until friday midnight" undecided

And i asked "But i could walk into a branch on Friday morning and get money? Answer: "Yes"

O.K Since you see the funds coming in there, its not a check, its a wire xfer whay dont you just honor the checks? No explanation. Couldnt get anywhere with these ppl.

The bad thing was that it was actually 2 checks. The funds in the acct is good to honor the smaller check but not the big one. They posted the bigger check, bounced that. Charge me Non sufficeint check fees ($35). Now the money remaining is not enough for the 2nd check.

You guessed right. The boounced the other check too. and Charge another $35. All this is done while they are looking at my direct deposit coming into the acct. undecided

But they claim that "the funds dont get posted until friday midnight" technically, i dont have $$$ with them.

(1) (Reply)

I Want Ngos In Plateau State And Borno State. / Catfish For Sale / Revealed: Billionaires Who Made The Biggest Financial Gains In 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.