Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,100 members, 7,811,095 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:14 PM

I'm Based In The U.S. - How Can I Become A Trusted Toks Supplier? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / I'm Based In The U.S. - How Can I Become A Trusted Toks Supplier? (1815 Views)

₦1.4Billion Worth Of Classic Cars Found In Abandoned House In The U.S(Photos) / Pre-order Your Car From The U.S And Save Yourself Good Money. / Engine Oils Made In The U.S Available. 08033910382. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Based In The U.S. - How Can I Become A Trusted Toks Supplier? by msogunro: 4:44am On Jan 19, 2016
Hello Nairaland,

As the subject line indicates, I'm based in the U.S. and would like to get into the business of supplying Toks. One of my challenges is developing trust with potential buyers. If they've never purchased from me before, how can you trust me? Instead of buying cars with hopes of finding a seller, I'm more interested in fulfilling specific purchase orders - you tell me what you want and I supply the exact car.

How can I become a trusted Toks supplier? I'm patiently awaiting your suggestions.

Thank you!

Gbenga
msogunro@hotmail.com

2 Likes

Re: I'm Based In The U.S. - How Can I Become A Trusted Toks Supplier? by coolcharm(m): 5:13am On Jan 19, 2016
Op, you are talking about pre-order right?

Well, that would be difficult now because the little trust Nairalanders had in such business has been grossly abused by a few dealers before you.

For every successful pre-order here, there has been some other 5 with issues, stories and K-legs, and with the current exchange rate of 300 Naira to a dollar, most people would think twice before making any purchase.

But again, this is just my 2cent. Some other persons might have nice words for you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Based In The U.S. - How Can I Become A Trusted Toks Supplier? by rydow(m): 5:14am On Jan 19, 2016
Don't request for deposit and be faithful to the core. Examples are KakakiBuy! That boss nah Boss for here ooooo

1 Like

Re: I'm Based In The U.S. - How Can I Become A Trusted Toks Supplier? by msogunro: 5:21am On Jan 19, 2016
coolcharm:
Op, you are talking about pre-order right?

Well, that would be difficult now because the little trust Nairalanders had in such business has been grossly abused by a few dealers before you.

For every successful pre-order here, there has been some other 5 with issues, stories and K-legs, and with the current exchange rate of 300 Naira to a dollar, most people would think twice before making any purchase.

But again, this is just my 2cent. Some other persons might have nice words for you.

Yes, I am talking about pre-order.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Re: I'm Based In The U.S. - How Can I Become A Trusted Toks Supplier? by msogunro: 5:38am On Jan 19, 2016
rydow:
Don't request for deposit and be faithful to the core. Examples are KakakiBuy! That boss nah Boss for here ooooo

Yes, I've learned from a previous experience that requesting a deposit scares potential buyers. I purchased a 2006 RX330 a few years ago that I was going to sell for #2.4. Many people told me I would be CRAZY to send the car to Nigeria w/o the buyer paying a deposit. I listened to their advice and ended up not selling the vehicle. I now use it as my personal vehicle because I liked it so much.

I tried to sell a Murano in April 2015 w/o deposit. Luckily, I was traveling home for a wedding so I wasn't concerned about the sale going sour. The car arrived a few days after me so I met the buyer at the port. He tried to reduce the price, so I cleared the car and now it's used as our Naija family car.

These 2 stories are why I want to become a trusted supplier. I equally want to find honest buyers.

Being "faithful to the core" is not an issue. If I develop a reputation of being an honest supplier, I will make more money than a 1 time scam. I'm in this for the long haul.
Re: I'm Based In The U.S. - How Can I Become A Trusted Toks Supplier? by Nobody: 5:51am On Jan 19, 2016
msogunro:

Yes, I've learned from a previous experience that requesting a deposit scares potential buyers. I purchased a 2006 RX330 a few years ago that I was going to sell for #2.4. Many people told me I would be CRAZY to send the car to Nigeria w/o the buyer paying a deposit. I listened to their advice and ended up not selling the vehicle. I now use it as my personal vehicle because I liked it so much.

I tried to sell a Murano in April 2015 w/o deposit. Luckily, I was traveling home for a wedding so I wasn't concerned about the sale going sour. The car arrived a few days after me so I met the buyer at the port. He tried to reduce the price, so I cleared the car and now it's used as our Naija family car.

These 2 stories are why I want to become a trusted supplier. I equally want to find honest buyers.

Being "faithful to the core" is not an issue. If I develop a reputation of being an honest supplier, I will make more money than a 1 time scam. I'm in this for the long haul.
What's your location in US?
Call me so we can talk.
Re: I'm Based In The U.S. - How Can I Become A Trusted Toks Supplier? by kaffy4tope(m): 5:55am On Jan 19, 2016
msogunro:

@OP, even Inspired Autos whose name was well known here even messed up just because of money. People are not interested in pre-ordering anymore. Yeah, you did not get buyers for your cars cos you were sending 'Expensive' or 'Uncommon' cars to naija. If you wanna sell cars, send cars less dan a million naira, do not hike your price or you won't even fine it funny when no one patronizes you.
Wish u d best!

2 Likes

Re: I'm Based In The U.S. - How Can I Become A Trusted Toks Supplier? by msogunro: 6:01am On Jan 19, 2016
kaffy4tope:

@OP, even Inspired Autos whose name was well known here even messed up just because of money. People are not interested in pre-ordering anymore. Yeah, you did not get buyers for your cars cos you were sending 'Expensive' or 'Uncommon' cars to naija. If you wanna sell cars, send cars less dan a million naira, do not hike your price or you won't even fine it funny when no one patronizes you.
Wish u d best!

You make good points. I will try again with a less expensive and more common vehicle.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

1 Like

Re: I'm Based In The U.S. - How Can I Become A Trusted Toks Supplier? by msogunro: 6:01am On Jan 19, 2016
JOESAJIB:

What's your location in US?
Call me so we can talk.

I'm in Maryland.
Re: I'm Based In The U.S. - How Can I Become A Trusted Toks Supplier? by 8686(m): 6:17am On Jan 19, 2016
Here's my thought on how you can be successful at this. You rightly mentioned two instances where your cars couldnt be sold, if that trend continues how many more cars will you add to your fleet? I still believe end buyers are less likely to disappoint/change their minds if they have some level of financial commitment. So request for lets say 20-30% deposit, have the car sent to nigeria and have trusted clearing agent who will not release the vehicle until your balance has been deposited into your account. Its just my thought, wish you the very best.
Re: I'm Based In The U.S. - How Can I Become A Trusted Toks Supplier? by msogunro: 6:28am On Jan 19, 2016
8686:
Here's my thought on how you can be successful at this. You rightly mentioned two instances where your cars couldnt be sold, if that trend continues how many more cars will you add to your fleet? I still believe end buyers are less likely to disappoint/change their minds if they have some level of financial commitment. So request for lets say 20-30% deposit, have the car sent to nigeria and have trusted clearing agent who will not release the vehicle until your balance has been deposited into your account. Its just my thought, wish you the very best.

Hmmm... another poster said I shouldn't request a deposit, but I agree with you. Its only fair that the buyer show some commitment in purchasing the vehicle by providing a deposit.

I have a trusted clearing agent so that is not an issue.

Are mechanics in Naija capable of maintaining and repairing hybrid or all electric vehicles? But then again, they might be too expensive.
Re: I'm Based In The U.S. - How Can I Become A Trusted Toks Supplier? by kakakibuy(m): 6:49am On Jan 19, 2016
msogunro:
Hello Nairaland,

As the subject line indicates, I'm based in the U.S. and would like to get into the business of supplying Toks. One of my challenges is developing trust with potential buyers. If they've never purchased from me before, how can you trust me? Instead of buying cars with hopes of finding a seller, I'm more interested in fulfilling specific purchase orders - you tell me what you want and I supply the exact car.

How can I become a trusted Toks supplier? I'm patiently awaiting your suggestions.

Thank you!

Gbenga
msogunro@hotmail.com

Hello Gbenga,

Welcome to the Auto business. In my opinion, it's a sector with huge potential for growth. I'll address the challenge you have mentioned from my own personal experience.

Contrary to what many people believe, we Nigerians have the ability to trust others. I have not met any of my clients face to face. And I am still able to maintain a 100% delivery record. Make a proper presentation of the services you are offering. State clearly why you think a prospective client should do business with you and not with the countless car dealers in his locality in Nigeria. Be clear, be simple, be straightforward. Say "Yes" only when you know that it's "Yes" and let your "No" be firm and polite.

People recognize quality when they see it. If you are the real deal, the first client will come and from then, you can build on that reputation. If, God forbid, you decide to tow the "Get rich quick at the expense of people's hard earned cash" path, you can be sure that you'll be exposed. We Nigerians, are very intelligent people.

I wish you the best of luck. If there's anyway I can be of assistance with the little experience I have, I'll be glad to do so.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Based In The U.S. - How Can I Become A Trusted Toks Supplier? by rydow(m): 8:03am On Jan 19, 2016
Now the Boss Don speak. I never buy car from him ooo but I hope to place an order someday because of his Anti-Rust Highlander Post...... I check my Paadi Tokunbo EOD and saw some Rust, I decide to enlighten my Nigga but Agidi and the taught that I use a Faily used car and wanna discourage his Tokunbo idea killed the show. It was a long arguments. Rust is Rust either new or Old its all metallic property.

Broda Gbenga, gentle advice sir.
Re: I'm Based In The U.S. - How Can I Become A Trusted Toks Supplier? by msogunro: 2:33pm On Jan 19, 2016
kakakibuy:

Hello Gbenga,

Welcome to the Auto business. In my opinion, it's a sector with huge potential for growth. I'll address the challenge you have mentioned from my own personal experience.

I wish you the best of luck. If there's anyway I can be of assistance with the little experience I have, I'll be glad to do so.

Thank for the warm welcome into the business and your offer for assistance. I understand that at this moment, you are the Oga at the top so I won't let this opportunity pass.

Are your sales pre-order or do buy vehicles and offer them for sale?

Has business slowed down for you with the decline of the Naira?

What types and brands of vehicles are hot cakes? SUV, Minvan, Sedan, Toyota, Ford, VW?

Thank you for your help. May God continue to bless you!
Re: I'm Based In The U.S. - How Can I Become A Trusted Toks Supplier? by msogunro: 2:35pm On Jan 19, 2016
rydow:
Now the Boss Don speak. I never buy car from him ooo but I hope to place an order someday...

Broda Gbenga, gentle advice sir.

Thanks for sharing. I'll search for the anti-rust thread now
Re: I'm Based In The U.S. - How Can I Become A Trusted Toks Supplier? by speedo4all: 7:00pm On Jan 19, 2016
My name is david I stay in abuja and I have to tell you to call this number.08063370022,I will tell the package.
Re: I'm Based In The U.S. - How Can I Become A Trusted Toks Supplier? by msogunro: 7:49pm On Jan 19, 2016
speedo4all:
My name is david I stay in abuja and I have to tell you to call this number.08063370022,I will tell the package.

Hello David. Thank you for your willingness to share your information. For the benefit of others with aspirations similar to mines, please post your information for all to see.

Have a blessed day.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Based In The U.S. - How Can I Become A Trusted Toks Supplier? by Leo001(m): 9:31pm On Jan 19, 2016
How long does it takes u to ship a car! what is your price range, is your car salvage cars/accident-ed if the answer is no good.Then come up with a policy, that is instance payment on delivery!So that you start building trust. You must first take the risk to conquer your fear! Get a monitor here in Nigeria! to supervise it for you, but let him not have access to the money, transact directly with the buyer or dealer. Then if you r ok with that get back to me! it should be exact specifications or else the business may go bad! if you can't get the exact! be frank about except the buyer gives alternative! Remember customer are always right
Re: I'm Based In The U.S. - How Can I Become A Trusted Toks Supplier? by msogunro: 6:27pm On Jan 23, 2016
Leo001:
How long does it takes u to ship a car! what is your price range, is your car salvage cars/accident-ed if the answer is no good.Then come up with a policy, that is instance payment on delivery!So that you start building trust. You must first take the risk to conquer your fear! Get a monitor here in Nigeria! to supervise it for you, but let him not have access to the money, transact directly with the buyer or dealer. Then if you r ok with that get back to me! it should be exact specifications or else the business may go bad! if you can't get the exact! be frank about except the buyer gives alternative! Remember customer are always right

The two vehicles I tried to sell previously were considered expensive by some posters above, so I will try to stick to vehicles below 1 million Naira. I already have my eye on some vehicles, but I'm waiting until I'm able to do a thorough check on them before advertising them here.

I've only sent 1 vehicle to Nigeria so far (2009 Nissan Murano). That took 3-4 weeks to arrive in Nigeria.

I don't buy salvaged vehicles. I personally buy 1 owner vehicles and I like to target older owners because they care for their cars much better than others. The RX330 that I bought several years ago from an elderly woman with intent to sell in Nigeria has not given me any problems. I've only needed to complete regular maintenance like oil change, alignment, brakes, etc.It has 180K miles and sounds like a brand new car. This is the video I created when I was marketing the RX330 -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1LOxZtxGuk

Logistically, I'm good to go. I have people on ground in Naija, I'm just looking for potential customers.

Feel free to place a request and let me show you the quality vehicles I can get for you.

My promise for each purchase:

- Mechanically sound vehicle.

- Visually appealing (interior, exterior, and undercarriage)

- 1 year worth of premium motor oil, oil filters, and air filter with each purchase.

- 1 set of O.E. brakes and rotors

- Full 360 degree video of vehicle before purchase

- I hope @Kakakibuy doesn't mind, but you will only pay the cost of the vehicle when working with me too.

- No PRESSURE

Feel free to WhatsApp or email me.

Gbenga

240-304-651seven

msogunro@hotmail.com

1 Like

Re: I'm Based In The U.S. - How Can I Become A Trusted Toks Supplier? by msogunro: 6:58pm On Jan 23, 2016
Snow in Maryland, U.S.A.

Re: I'm Based In The U.S. - How Can I Become A Trusted Toks Supplier? by opmoore(m): 7:15am On Jan 24, 2016
Send me a what's app msg on 08068053510...am interested in a car below 1m...let's chat.God bless
Re: I'm Based In The U.S. - How Can I Become A Trusted Toks Supplier? by Explorers(m): 8:37am On Jan 24, 2016
Actually im not a dealer but in a situation like this, trust is important. If you are sending a car's' to Nigeria without any deposit from the destination, you taking a risk and someone making deposit first also taking a great risk. But ive seen dealers that recieves cars from the US, they sell and send back the money. May be if you can get a trusted dealer thats not greedy, that wont inflate the price cos the profit they want to make and that can slowdown sales, but if the prices are not high, getting buyers won't be too difficult. If you are sending, consider cars that are not too expensive, durable and economical(fuel consumption&maintenance).

* 1997 - 1999 Toyota camry(Below 1m but like not allowed in the country).

* 2000/2001 Toyota Camry(Around 1m).

* 2003 - 2007 Toyota Corolla(Above 1m but selling).

2007 - 2009 Camry(Around 2m but hot cake).

Honda Accord 2003 - 2010(1.2m - 2m).

For the SUVs, consider Cheap Toyota Highlanders that are below 2m like 01/02/03.
Re: I'm Based In The U.S. - How Can I Become A Trusted Toks Supplier? by mjbaba: 11:41am On Jan 24, 2016
Bro.
This is not the right time for car business from America. The $ exchange rate is not smiling and the cars are not increasing in price back home. So it follows that American cars cannot be brought in and sold for a profit rt now.
There are cheaper alternatives for Nigerians. Which is Cotonou.
I advise u wait let's see. Maybe d exchange rate will get more favorable or car prices at home willl rise to realistic levels.
To get my point, call and do a market research of how much cars are here. Compare with what you will buy over there at present exchange rate. Factor in clearing and shipping. It won't fly

2 Likes

Re: I'm Based In The U.S. - How Can I Become A Trusted Toks Supplier? by msogunro: 1:50pm On Jan 24, 2016
Explorers:
Actually im not a dealer but in a situation like this, trust is important. If you are sending a car's' to Nigeria without any deposit from the destination, you taking a risk and someone making deposit first also taking a great risk. But ive seen dealers that recieves cars from the US, they sell and send back the money. May be if you can get a trusted dealer thats not greedy, that wont inflate the price cos the profit they want to make and that can slowdown sales, but if the prices are not high, getting buyers won't be too difficult. If you are sending, consider cars that are not too expensive, durable and economical(fuel consumption&maintenance).

* 1997 - 1999 Toyota camry(Below 1m but like not allowed in the country).

* 2000/2001 Toyota Camry(Around 1m).

* 2003 - 2007 Toyota Corolla(Above 1m but selling).

2007 - 2009 Camry(Around 2m but hot cake).

Honda Accord 2003 - 2010(1.2m - 2m).

For the SUVs, consider Cheap Toyota Highlanders that are below 2m like 01/02/03.

Thanks for the advice.
Re: I'm Based In The U.S. - How Can I Become A Trusted Toks Supplier? by msogunro: 1:51pm On Jan 24, 2016
mjbaba:
Bro.
This is not the right time for car business from America. The $ exchange rate is not smiling and the cars are not increasing in price back home. So it follows that American cars cannot be brought in and sold for a profit rt now.
There are cheaper alternatives for Nigerians. Which is Cotonou.
I advise u wait let's see. Maybe d exchange rate will get more favorable or car prices at home willl rise to realistic levels.
To get my point, call and do a market research of how much cars are here. Compare with what you will buy over there at present exchange rate. Factor in clearing and shipping. It won't fly

You make very valid points. Thank you.
Re: I'm Based In The U.S. - How Can I Become A Trusted Toks Supplier? by RichYoungNigga: 6:01pm On Jan 28, 2016
msogunro:
Snow in Maryland, U.S.A.

I can see the Pennsylvania plate number on the ford.
Re: I'm Based In The U.S. - How Can I Become A Trusted Toks Supplier? by msogunro: 6:11pm On Jan 28, 2016
RichYoungNigga:

I can see the Pennsylvania plate number on the ford.

Yep. Good eyes.

What about the Lexus?
Re: I'm Based In The U.S. - How Can I Become A Trusted Toks Supplier? by RichYoungNigga: 1:51am On Jan 29, 2016
msogunro:

Yep. Good eyes.

What about the Lexus?

Maryland license plate

(1) (Reply)

2units Clean 01 Toyota Camry Reg DropLite Fabric Ac V4 For jst 670k see pix .... / SOLD!!!Just In.tokunbo 2013 Toyota Venza XLE. V4 Engine AWD / SOLD !SOLD:Sharp Toyota Starlet 2 Door Manual 880k Tokunbo 08096577304

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.