Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,841 members, 7,813,833 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:29 PM

Extremism - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Extremism (432 Views)

What Is Religious Extremism? Difference Between Moderate And Extreme. / Laxity, Moderation And Extremism In Islam By Baba Ali Mustapha / Religious Extremism And Intolerance In Kano: 9 People Sentenced To Death In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Extremism by ElCapone(m): 6:56am On Jan 19, 2016
WHO IS AN EXTREMIST? . I made a post in a group belonging to members of the Jehovah's Witnesses. The group is a restless one with a great many foreigners, mostly Americans and Canadians as members. My innocent post was in the form of a short, comprehensible poem. It talked about a boatload of the bible sank in the sea by: ' a malicious political gale'. I wrote at the final stanza that as the word of God hit the bottom of the sea, the fishes saw the image of salvation. . I thought that I sounded Christian. That I was a Christian poet beautifully extending the course of the creed. That I was, as it was commanded, bringing what I have into His vineyard. . I was seriously mistaken. Those people (Jehovah's witnesses) are different from what the eyes see. Without parse words I was called an apostate-- an unrepenting member of the world. . The sensation that overtook me is not easy to describe. I felt like a condemned devil in the midst of saints-- like a real apostate cringing from stones that flew from a religious mob. The missiles were devastating and plentiful. . The admin was harshly reprimanded. He was too careless with his adds. They lastly barked him into action. My impure presence was cleaned off the page. I felt the tinge of genuine humiliation. . I have not been punctual with the scriptures, but some bible passages are too popular to pass the knowledge of even the man on the clapham omnibus. One of such over famous passages is the one about Christ himself winning with sinners and tax collectors. Those people were unchristianly hostile. . The universal explanation of religious extremism is not represented by the firing radical at the heart of Sambisa. It is not completely represented by the hellish Isis fighter who has refused to be pacified by the epicurian promises of civilization. It was not perfectly exemplified by the pre-historic crusader who left his clime, rambling and slaying men to hoist the flag of his faith on conquered lands. The pagan who enslaved his kind and drank palm wine from a keg placed on his laps was not the only extremist known to history. . Extremism is an ungodly animal with many heads. It happens when men wear armour and brandish weapons to aid the weakness of heaven! . An extremist is equally that gentle and harmless- looking religious man who sneers at his neighbour for entertaining a different understanding of God.

(1) (Reply)

Having A Lasting And GODLY Marriage / The Voice Of God, The Voice Of Our Will/desire And The Voice Of The Enemy/satan. / Dark/darkness: A Disparity Induced Sermon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.