Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,065 members, 7,835,602 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

Dark/darkness: A Disparity Induced Sermon - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dark/darkness: A Disparity Induced Sermon (437 Views)

Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" / Igbo Boys In Malaysia Respond To Apostle Suleman's Tithe Sermon & Yahoo Boys / Joseph Obayemi, Pastor Adeboye's Successor's Sermon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dark/darkness: A Disparity Induced Sermon by torobongekpo: 11:40pm On Feb 10, 2016
LIGHT/DARKNESS: A DISPARITY INDUCED SERMON.

BY TOROBONG EKPO.

I may not know what the General Overseer of Winners Chapel, Bishop David Oyedepo meant by saying that, Supreme Court Judgment was a celebration of light over darkness. I don’t also know, if it was a prophetic utterance or it came as a result of excitement.

For a cleric of that magnitude to utter such statement, I guess, it calls for additional explanation. Atleast, Oyedepo ought to have informed the crowd who among Udom Gabriel Emmanuel and Umana Okon Umana was Light and Darkness.

So if someone feels cheated in an election, such person, shouldn’t seek redress in court of law in order not to be branded as Darkness? What is this darkness all about? To me, I see the analogy of ‘Light’ and ‘Darkness’ as a platform to cause untold disparity between two brothers. I had expected us, including clergies, to proffer means of uniting the duo, instead of instigating crises.

When Obong Umana Okon Umana visited Winners Chapel Ikot Ebido, Uyo, during the Thanksgiving service of Obong Paul Ekpo, such analogy didn’t surface. When his wife, Florence donated financial assistance for the Mega Church spiritual gathering in Lagos, she was not seen as Light or Darkness. Then why are we preaching disparity induced sermon?

I understand that, Akwa Ibom State, since 2007, is seen as “Australlian league” to outsiders. It is a place, where foreigners are celebrated. It is a place where outsiders ‘stake’ their last money, knowing fully that, they will gain in billions despite dwindling oil prices.

It is only in Akwa Ibom State, that Lagos Based comedians, artists among others are paid in Dollar, whereas gifted talented ones from our dear state are treated like houseboys.

I wouldn’t want to dwell much on this sermon by David Oyedepo, because God has mandated me, not “To touch his anointed nor do his prophet no harm”. Though, there is no criterion to measure who is qualified to be seen as the Lord’s anointed, it behooves on men of God, to ensure that, their sermons, do not cause disaffection between brothers.

Umana Okon Umana is a devout member of Redeemed Christian Church of God, Dominion Model, parish, Uyo, where his wife is also a worker in the same Church. Udom Gabriel Emmanuel is a Deacon in the United Evangelical Church, thus, no one should portray them in a derogatory manner.

If UOU had won the case, myriads of pastors would have joined him, in the celebration, including Oyedepo. The utterances of some of our pastors during sermon, is part of the reasons, why some people dole out unprinted words on them.

We should pray for spiritual maturity while on podium. When Pastor Enoch Adeboye, visited Akwa Ibom State, he left the stadium without making controversial statement aimed at causing disparity and enmity within natives of Akwa Ibom State.

I feel embarrassed as I observed volumes of unprinted words directed to Pastor Oyedepo. I became ashamed after noticing that, the disparity was spread on the internet by supporters of Udom Gabriel Emmanuel.

I see why Moslems don’t respect us. No Imam will pronounce such disparity statement between two Moslems worshippers. No Islamic preacher will instigate crises between two of its members.

Udom Gabriel Emmanuel should do away with this excess celebration. He should know that, those comparing his manifestoe with the reality on ground are more than those who are carried away by this wanton celebration.

He should know that, the money used in these celebrations would have provided official vehicles for his appointed SAs and PAs, who are currently suffering and smilling.

Both UOU and UGE are symbols of light; no one should portray them as DARKNESS. Politics has come and gone, it is time for governance. Hence, Udom should brace up, for the task ahead. I repeat, those monitoring and critically assessing his leadership strides are more than sycophants. We don’t need religion politics at the moment.

His second term will be determined by his performance in the first term. Even when Godswill Akpabio won James Iniama during his 2007, he didn’t stop the productivity of the state, by declaring a public holiday.

UGE should concerntrate and know that, each working day, brings financial blessings to the state, thus, the act of declaring a full day, as public holiday, just for Supreme Court Thanksgiving has crippled our state economy and to a large extent was uncalled for.

The cash Internally Generated revenue, would have generated on Wednesday, would have gone a long way, in creating a small scale industry, which in turn, would have taken our youths off the street.

I perceive Mr. Udom Gabriel Emmanuel as intelligent fellow; his body language shouldn’t make me to think otherwise.
Re: Dark/darkness: A Disparity Induced Sermon by HENSEXIE(f): 11:59pm On Feb 10, 2016
All I can say is...its well wit NIGERIA lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

The Reality Of Hell / The Grace Of God And Mercy Of God: Choose / See The Truth With Open Mind And Get Salvation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.