Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,941 members, 7,863,325 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 03:27 PM

I Will Not Celebrate My Victory - Governor Seriake Dickson - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Not Celebrate My Victory - Governor Seriake Dickson (354 Views)

Seriake Dickson Celebrates Tinubu's 65th Birthday With Newspaper Advert / Why I Omitted Tinubu In My Victory Speech – Akeredolu / Governor Seriake Dickson Praying At The Altar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Will Not Celebrate My Victory - Governor Seriake Dickson by Opeedo(m): 10:08am On Jan 19, 2016
Governor Seriake Dickson of Bayelsa state on Monday, January 18, disclosed that he wouldn't celebrate his victory in the recently concluded gubernatorial election in the state

Dickson stressed that January rerun election in Southern Ijaw local government and other local government areas of the state was akin to war but thanked God the state survived the onslaught.

The Sun reported that he also accused his main rival of the All Progressives Congress, Timipre Sylva for allegedly engaging in extreme heartless politicking.

The state governor further stated that due to loss of lives which he said were unnecessary, he could not celebrate his victory in honour of the departed souls.

Dickson expressed his displeasure while fielding questions from reporters in Abuja saying that he was thankful that the will of the people prevailed in the end.

He called on Sylva to defeat as the will of God and should shelve his idea of going to court.

“My opponent’s campaign was nicknamed ‘Operation Takeover’ but our people stood by us. Women formed walls with their bodies around polling units in order to protect their votes. What happened in Bayelsa is therefore a significant development for our democracy. Nigeria’s democracy is on track and it also means that Nigeria will not be a one party state,”
he said.

Governor Seriake continued by saying:
“Whenever I think of the deaths of our own people, most of them killed because they supported me, I feel terribly sad and asked the people of the state that although their will prevailed and I won, we have to keep it low as a mark of honour to those souls who deserve to live and benefit from the democracy they contributed to enthrone.”

SOURCE:https://www.thenews.ng/politics/governor-seriake-dickson/

Re: I Will Not Celebrate My Victory - Governor Seriake Dickson by Cutehector(m): 10:08am On Jan 19, 2016
Nice one
Re: I Will Not Celebrate My Victory - Governor Seriake Dickson by pdpchangeapc(m): 10:10am On Jan 19, 2016
Iwo lo mo! Which is which?

(1) (Reply)

No Commissioner: Aregbesola Now Refers To Ex-commissioners As Consultants / On The Trail Of Dt's Lashing Of Nigeria / Re; Metuh's Case And The 97% & 5% Analogy - Kelechukwu Uzoka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.