Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,835 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

Beware Of This BVN Scam SMS - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Beware Of This BVN Scam SMS (812 Views)

BVN Fraudsters Bag Six Months Imprisonment (Photos) / New Format:bvn Scam & 5 Ways To Identify A Bvn Scam Sms / BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Beware Of This BVN Scam SMS by zoomzu(f): 11:26am On Jan 19, 2016
I got the sms i screen shot from the number that appears on top of the image this morning. I decided to play along and called the number indicated in the body of the sms, the voice i heard sounded like a voice of a Pastor, an igbo voice.

The conversation goes thus....

Me: Phone ringing ..........gran...grannnnnnn

Grifter: Helloooooooooo

Me: Good Morning

Grifter: Hellooo...how are you....how is your family....how is business....(with igbo ascent)

Me: I got an sms that i needed to update my BVN

Grifter: yes

Me: which bank did you sent the sms from?

Grifter: Don't you know your bank, which bank do you bank with?

Me: You are a scammer, grifter, thief...hand of law will soon get you......

My prayer: with the present SIM card registration, how do we ensure this kind of people are brought to book. Kind assist by getting these numbers to the appropriate authority to same gullible people from falling victim. The numbers as appeared on the message are +2347035157237, their help line 08147882563.

Re: Beware Of This BVN Scam SMS by Swaggzkid: 11:28am On Jan 19, 2016
Lol..... I dey find person wey sabi do this kind thing.

Make him come ma side, have plans for them.

(1) (Reply)

Is This Madness Or What? / Shocking Video Shows Newborn 'baby Dumped In Black Bin Bag With Umbilical Cord' / See Live War Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.