Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,592 members, 7,809,146 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

Spectranet Issues? - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Spectranet Issues? (6302 Views)

Spectranet Issues And Way Out / New Huawei E5573s-606 Needed In Abuja, Same Model Spectranet Issues / Unlock All Huawei Router & Mifi locked to"Spectranet","Swift","Smile E5180 CUBE" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spectranet Issues? by nnasino(m): 11:59am On Jan 19, 2016
Please I just bought a spectranet modem (the big one) and I just realized that i can't connect more than 10 users to it at a time. Trying to connect when ten users are already connected doesn't work. Has anyone experienced this?
Is there a ten limit user on the big spectranet modem? or is there a setting I can use to allow more than 10 users to connect?

Any help will be appreciated. thanks

1 Like

Re: Spectranet Issues? by bigtt76(f): 9:18pm On Jan 19, 2016
Check to make sure that it is configured to lease out 10 IP Addresses else not all computer users can connect.
Re: Spectranet Issues? by nnasino(m): 10:43am On Jan 21, 2016
bigtt76:
Check to make sure that it is configured to lease out 10 IP Addresses else not all computer users can connect.
how do i do this?
I have up to 10 computers connected but can't connect any more. Is there a limit of 10?
Re: Spectranet Issues? by bigtt76(f): 11:59am On Jan 21, 2016
Access the device setup page by going to http://192.168.1.1 (UName: user Pwd: user) and navigate to LAN and check through the DHCP Settings in the fields displayed (see pix below). It should be exactly like this. I hope this helps.

nnasino:

how do i do this?
I have up to 10 computers connected but can't connect any more. Is there a limit of 10?

Re: Spectranet Issues? by nnasino(m): 11:40am On Jan 23, 2016
bigtt76:
Access the device setup page by going to http://192.168.1.1 (UName: user Pwd: user) and navigate to LAN and check through the DHCP Settings in the fields displayed (see pix below). It should be exactly like this. I hope this helps.

thanks, for you help however, my interface is a bit different. I've done what you said but it still doesn't let more than 10 clients connect to it at the same time. I sent a mail to spectra net since tuesday but they never replied.
Re: Spectranet Issues? by makavele: 12:00pm On Jan 23, 2016
I think it's locked to 10 users by default . . If you want more . . then you should be getting a standard router
not a modem

2 Likes

Re: Spectranet Issues? by bigtt76(f): 12:14pm On Jan 23, 2016
Call their support line and you will get a response.

nnasino:

thanks, for you help however, my interface is a bit different. I've done what you said but it still doesn't let more than 10 clients connect to it at the same time. I sent a mail to spectra net since tuesday but they never replied.
Re: Spectranet Issues? by nnasino(m): 2:33pm On Jan 23, 2016
bigtt76:
Call their support line and you will get a response.

Ok, thank you. I called them now, and they said it has a limit of 10 users. So i need to get an external router to connect more users. Its a bit disappointing since on swift the same model of router connects more than 10 users but it's fine.
thanks for the help
Re: Spectranet Issues? by bigtt76(f): 4:14pm On Jan 23, 2016
Take a pix of the Spectranet device you have and post here

nnasino:

Ok, thank you. I called them now, and they said it has a limit of 10 users. So i need to get an external router to connect more users. Its a bit disappointing since on swift the same model of router connects more than 10 users but it's fine.
thanks for the help
Re: Spectranet Issues? by nnasino(m): 10:49am On Jan 25, 2016
bigtt76:
Take a pix of the Spectranet device you have and post here

thanks a lot. this is my device and that's the swift i was using previously.

Re: Spectranet Issues? by bigtt76(f): 11:08am On Jan 25, 2016
Ok this looks very much like a new model device they both adopted. I use the black old type so that explains the difference in interface.

I would advise using these boxes to distribute Internet access for more than 2 devices. It's not robust enough. Try and get a wireless router like Linksys to help u achieve multiple connections.

Service delivery is greatly hampered when using the Swift or Spectranet as your access point.

nnasino:

thanks a lot. this is my device and that's the swift i was using previously.
Re: Spectranet Issues? by nnasino(m): 11:26am On Jan 25, 2016
bigtt76:
Ok this looks very much like a new model device they both adopted. I use the black old type so that explains the difference in interface.

I would advise using these boxes to distribute Internet access for more than 2 devices. It's not robust enough. Try and get a wireless router like Linksys to help u achieve multiple connections.

Service delivery is greatly hampered when using the Swift or Spectranet as your access point.

ok, thanks a lot

(1) (Reply)

4g Ram/320g Laptop@30k!!!U CAN GIVE UR BUDGET AND U GET A GOOD ONE!!! / ... / Brand New Samsung Galaxy S10 PLUS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.