Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,640 members, 7,820,250 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

BREAKING: Buhari Sends “Corrected” 2016 Budget To National Assembly - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Buhari Sends “Corrected” 2016 Budget To National Assembly (20554 Views)

Buhari Receives Corrected 2016 Budget From NASS / Buhari Sends Judge On Retirement For Misconduct / Buhari Sends Second Batch Of Ministerial List To The Senate (PIX (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Sends “Corrected” 2016 Budget To National Assembly by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jan 19, 2016
Durlladhino don finally wake. grin

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Sends “Corrected” 2016 Budget To National Assembly by tuborme: 4:11pm On Jan 19, 2016
Ndi ara
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Sends “Corrected” 2016 Budget To National Assembly by free2ryhme: 4:12pm On Jan 19, 2016
So what was the effective date the budget estimate was submitted, Dec 2015 or Jan 2016? For the first time in a million years, a Nigerian administration actually submitted a budget with errors, and ceremoniously too! This is the height of incompetence. But I trust the perpetrators will merely admit this to a flimsy excuse, but the spade being a spade is that there is no much difference between incompetence and corruption.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Sends “Corrected” 2016 Budget To National Assembly by sweatlana: 4:12pm On Jan 19, 2016
Mumu bubu
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Sends “Corrected” 2016 Budget To National Assembly by Igbo20(m): 4:15pm On Jan 19, 2016
himmmmmmmm,spirit budget apearing and disapearig hope it will stay this time?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Sends “Corrected” 2016 Budget To National Assembly by BekeeBuAgbara: 4:16pm On Jan 19, 2016
Omotayor123:
I hope this will pass the integrity test. Make I dey observe on top my ugwu tree tongue
Kedu kwa nke bu top ugwu tree?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Sends “Corrected” 2016 Budget To National Assembly by HANSEEL(m): 4:18pm On Jan 19, 2016
As long as I breath I'm gonna say my mind, no mode can shut it.
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Sends “Corrected” 2016 Budget To National Assembly by emerged01(m): 4:18pm On Jan 19, 2016
It is very obvious that the two arms of the govt are not working together. Saraki should be very careful.
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Sends “Corrected” 2016 Budget To National Assembly by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jan 19, 2016
I just hope the budget is to correct nigeria's problem not loot nd cause more damages cos for every naira stolen a citizen suffers for it dearly
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Sends “Corrected” 2016 Budget To National Assembly by ajepako(f): 4:21pm On Jan 19, 2016
Corrected to cater to the crooked 'national yam' eaters and their shovelful appetites

Awon ole buruku..
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Sends “Corrected” 2016 Budget To National Assembly by ProfessorPeter(m): 4:21pm On Jan 19, 2016
JAMANZE:
Dumb President and useless party. I pity my dear country Nigeria
A purposeless and confused sailor sailing a divided country toward nowhere
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Sends “Corrected” 2016 Budget To National Assembly by Lilimax(f): 4:22pm On Jan 19, 2016
BekeeBuAgbara:
Kedu kwa nke bu top ugwu tree?
He meant 'ugu tree' I guess undecided smiley
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Sends “Corrected” 2016 Budget To National Assembly by sparog(m): 4:25pm On Jan 19, 2016
Hope say each senator sign original copy received by me.....make e no go loss again ooh
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Sends “Corrected” 2016 Budget To National Assembly by yemsat001: 4:26pm On Jan 19, 2016
Bevista:
@ the bolded. Is the Presidency trying to justify their initial show of shame. Very funny.
---
And what do they mean by "The draft bill remains the same and there are no changes in any of the figures.". Can someone with better understanding please enlighten me.
---
I think I'd better approach this administration with cautious optimism. Quite frankly, I haven't got a clue about the economic direction of the country. The whole leakage blockage ish has become stale. I need more policy vibes.
Who told you the budget was missing in the first place?
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Sends “Corrected” 2016 Budget To National Assembly by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jan 19, 2016
What additional funds did he add to the budget?Is it another fund for the purchase of another presidential jet?Cos i know this president is a tourist.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Sends “Corrected” 2016 Budget To National Assembly by jacksonite: 4:27pm On Jan 19, 2016
Nigerians you have all seen how your President is struggling hard to perform a simple task as proposing a budget to the national assembly. You can guess how the implementation of just 10% of that budget will take him.This is shameful to say the least!

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Sends “Corrected” 2016 Budget To National Assembly by cutekhalifa(m): 4:28pm On Jan 19, 2016
Since well being of commoners are not included in that Bill... The budget still remain irrelevant to me....

Duara dullard deploy 1 battalion 2 guide ur budget b4 it got missing again....
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Sends “Corrected” 2016 Budget To National Assembly by onunwa21(m): 4:31pm On Jan 19, 2016
HOPE DIS CORRECTED BUDGET WILL NOT GET MISSING AGAIN...............................

APC! .....................................LIE MOHAMMAD..
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Sends “Corrected” 2016 Budget To National Assembly by oluwaSmith1(f): 4:32pm On Jan 19, 2016
ok
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Sends “Corrected” 2016 Budget To National Assembly by iconSAGE1(m): 4:33pm On Jan 19, 2016
Nigeria’s President, Muhammadu Buhari, on Tuesday presented a 2016 budget proposal of 6.07 trillion Naira.
Nigeria’s 2016 Budget is based on a crude oil benchmark price of $38 per barrel and a production estimate of 2.2 million barrels per day for 2016.

GDP Growth Rate Projection 4.37%
Revenue Projection 3.86 Naira
Deficit 2.22 trillion Naira (equivalent to 2.16% of Nigeria’s GDP)
Oil Related Revenues 820 billion Naira
Non-oil Revenues 1.45 trillion Naira
 Projected Independent Revenues 1.51 trillion Naira
Capital Expenditure 1.8 trillion Naira (30%  of total budget)
Works, Power and Housing 433.4 billion Naira
Transport 202.0 billion Naira
Interior 53.1 billion Naira
Special Intervention Programs 300 billion Naira
Education 369.6 billion Naira
Defence 294.5 billion Naira
Health 221.7 billion Naira
Ministry of Interior 145.3 billion Naira
Foreign and Domestic Debt Service 1.36 trillion Naira
Sinking Fund towards the retirement of maturing loans 113 billion Naira
Non-debt Recurrent Expenditure 2.65 trillion Naira
Note:

Deficit will be financed by a combination of domestic borrowing of N984 billion, and foreign borrowing of N900 billion totalling N1.84 trillion.

There is a proposed a 9% reduction in non-debt recurrent expenditure, from N2.59 trillion in the 2015 Budget to N2.35 trillion in 2016.

The budgeted N300 billion for Special Intervention Programs, takes the total amount for non-debt recurrent expenditure to N2.65 trillion.

The Efficiency Unit set up by the current Administration, together with effective implementation of GIFMIS and IPPIS, will drive a reduction of overheads by at least 7%, personnel costs by 8% and other service wide votes by 19%.

This is the only budget i watched Buhari submit to the Nass, saraki and his colleagues should do fast and release the new amended budget let we the masses compare and contrast.
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Sends “Corrected” 2016 Budget To National Assembly by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jan 19, 2016
Confused government of clawns.
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Sends “Corrected” 2016 Budget To National Assembly by Mylove55(f): 4:36pm On Jan 19, 2016
9jatriot:

I like the way this was put, it should water down the embarrassing situation of hearing that another budget was attempted to be smuggled into the senate.
our senators na mumu, they went to school not been educated, shouting over nothing, they are all dunce
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Sends “Corrected” 2016 Budget To National Assembly by lurlah2014(f): 4:37pm On Jan 19, 2016
which buhari ? the one in nigeria or the one in UAE ?
this people shud stop deceiving their self ooo
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Sends “Corrected” 2016 Budget To National Assembly by manny4life(m): 4:38pm On Jan 19, 2016
This govt is really confused and bereft of ideas on how to move the nation forward. What kind of signal does this send to the international community that our president couldn't handle appropriately the budget presentation process without it being involved in "stolen", "correction", etc? I would think that President Buhari would have prepared well for this moment, but this is becoming more shameful. Well, let's hope this budget doesn't get retracted or even worse.
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Sends “Corrected” 2016 Budget To National Assembly by tete7000(m): 4:45pm On Jan 19, 2016
They said they will vote him even with tissue paper certificate; why are we then surprised with this incompetence being shown by a certificateless leader. You can't give what you don't have. How I wish that mumu guy arguing with me over the inappropriateness of Fayose appointing an illiterate man as local govt caretaker chairman can now come see how important formal eduction is to those occupying elective office.
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Sends “Corrected” 2016 Budget To National Assembly by viktor01(m): 4:47pm On Jan 19, 2016
Make them implant tracking device on that budget before e disappear agian.

End time budget...
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Sends “Corrected” 2016 Budget To National Assembly by ogaprime(m): 4:48pm On Jan 19, 2016
Upgraded budget from version 1.0 to version 5.0

To upgrade your budget to be included into the latest version of the national budget. please,

Text the word "upgrade" to **** for +234
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Sends “Corrected” 2016 Budget To National Assembly by nwekeg: 4:48pm On Jan 19, 2016
kk
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Sends “Corrected” 2016 Budget To National Assembly by smartwilly4eva: 4:49pm On Jan 19, 2016
My able president pls tell them to debate on that so that the match will start, your people are waiting
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Sends “Corrected” 2016 Budget To National Assembly by dalambusu(m): 4:49pm On Jan 19, 2016
Abatsam111:

Source http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/196993-breaking-buhari-sends-corrected-2016-budget-to-national-assembly.html
Cc: Lalasticalala
Nigeria is now a subject of scorn and ridicule amongst her equal. what is going on in Nigeria cannot happen even in countries like Gambia, Lesotho, Rwanda, Burundi talk less of Togo and Benin. We always progressing in errors.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Vice President Yemi Osinbajo Visits Ebonyi State / 2023: Sanwo-olu’s Deputy, Hamzat May Run For Senate / Peter Obi Congratulates Other Diana Award Winners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.