Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,758 members, 7,820,633 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

Be Inspired In Your Career By This experience of mine. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Be Inspired In Your Career By This experience of mine. (1056 Views)

Ezeanochie Lilian, Female Cobbler: 'Joblessness Inspired Me To Be A Cobbler' / The Crazy Experience Of A Bank Contract Staff / Bennet Omalu Inspired ‘concussion' Hollywood Movie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Be Inspired In Your Career By This experience of mine. by semochendo1(m): 1:20pm On Jan 19, 2016
I remember a time when our company placed some incredible washing promo advert everywhere, calls were coming from different angles. A woman called and requested for home pick up and delivery, which I volunteered to at least, pick up, since everyone was busy.

On getting to the woman's house, she's a retired civil servant, we got talking and in the midst of our discussion, I told her I graduated from the premier University if Ibadan, and amazingly, she looked at me with a pitiable face asking, "but why are you doing this?" I asked the woman what? She said the Laundry now, then I smiled, I told her that's part of what makes my acct smile on a daily basis, I didn't even bother to tell her my position or whether we have staff/machines who does the work.

While in the middle of that conversation, her grown up son came out to meet us in their balcony, the guy should be close to 30, and mama told me he graduated 2yrs ago and they've not been able to get him a reasonable job. And quietly, I told mama God will provide. Parked the clothes and zoomed off. In my mind, I knew this kind of woman must have contributed to the stagnacy of her son.

You know why I'm saying this? People like that woman are everywhere, they don't have any work to give you but they have all the discouraging words to keep you perpetually in poverty. They believe you must all do white collar job as a graduate without understanding that what some people earn in their personal business in a month can pay 6months salary of some guys who work 8-5.

Your life is about you, not people, don't mind what people will say about you, mind the financial independence and freedom you will get from doing your own thing, in your own way. People hardly appreciate a building when it's at foundation level, until it's completed.

Shelve your pride, it won't put food on your table, keep away from people who don't share your dream, they will slow down your wheel of mission with discouragement.

See you all at the top.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Be Inspired In Your Career By This experience of mine. by cooldipo(m): 6:39am On Jan 20, 2016
I can relate with this.......i delve into business that many deem not a match for my 'status'. To God be the glory....the business has keep me engage while putting food on my table. No shame in making clean money friend!
Re: Be Inspired In Your Career By This experience of mine. by semochendo1(m): 10:07pm On Jan 20, 2016
cooldipo:
I can relate with this.......i delve into business that many deem not a match for my 'status'. To God be the glory....the business has keep me engage while putting food on my table. No shame in making clean money friend!

Tell them oo
Re: Be Inspired In Your Career By This experience of mine. by nmreports: 4:24am On Jan 21, 2016
Inspiring...
The one I can relate with most are the colleagues who keep telling you to get a new job.
This may be inspirational for someone who is lazy but for someone like me who is a die-hard fan of growth, I detest when colleagues tell me that.

I am working here and I have not spent 2 years and you are asking me to get a new job. Why don't you go get a new job.
Even the ones who resigned to a supposedly good job doesn't mean they will turn out better than you.

What's important folks is that in life, you need to have a direction. A clear-cut growth path and a consistent check on your progress.
You also need to constantly invent, innovate ideas to improve your life while motivating yourself with experiences, books and life generally.

Achieving greatness is hardwork folks. Who says making Heaven is not hardwork too.
Re: Be Inspired In Your Career By This experience of mine. by semochendo1(m): 6:37pm On Jan 21, 2016
nmreports:
Inspiring...
The one I can relate with most are the colleagues who keep telling you to get a new job.
This may be inspirational for someone who is lazy but for someone like me who is a die-hard fan of growth, I detest when colleagues tell me that.

I am working here and I have not spent 2 years and you are asking me to get a new job. Why don't you go get a new job.
Even the ones who resigned to a supposedly good job doesn't mean they will turn out better than you.

What's important folks is that in life, you need to have a direction. A clear-cut growth path and a consistent check on your progress.
You also need to constantly invent, innovate ideas to improve your life while motivating yourself with experiences, books and life generally.

Achieving greatness is hardwork folks. Who says making Heaven is not hardwork too.

You are so on point. What many don't understand is that when you plant 2plants on the same day, and you keep transplanting one while the other remain in It's original place, over a period of time, you will realize a plant that remains in one place will grow better compare to the transplanted.... That's how it is in real life situations but many out of rat race, tends to move from one job to another.

(1) (Reply)

How To Become A Marine Engineer In Nigeria / What Is The Structure Of Residency Programs / Fmc/teaching Hospital Workers Have U Received Your Conhess Salary Adjustment Arr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.