Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,254 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:50 AM

10 Reasons David Is Called “A Man After God’s Own Heart” - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 10 Reasons David Is Called “A Man After God’s Own Heart” (552 Views)

Lady Reaches Out To A Poor Old Man After Seeing His Picture On Facebook. Photos / Story Time! God's Own Arrow / Story Time! God's Own Arrow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 Reasons David Is Called “A Man After God’s Own Heart” by dclinton01(m): 6:29pm On Jan 19, 2016
Acts 13:22 says, “After removing Saul, he made David their king. He testified concerning him: ‘I have found David son of Jesse a man after my own heart; he will do everything I want him to do.‘”

The following words describe the heart of David as seen in his own writings:

(All verses New International Version)

1. Humble – Lowborn men are but a breath, the highborn are but a lie; if weighed on a balance, they are nothing; together they are only a breath.Psalm 62:9

2. Reverent – I call to the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies. Psalm 18:3

3. Respectful – Be merciful to me, O Lord, for I am in distress; my eyes grow weak with sorrow, my soul and my body with grief. Psalm 31:9

4. Trusting – The LORD is my light and my salvation—whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life—of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1

5. Loving – I love you, O Lord, my strength. Psalm 18:1

6. Devoted – You have filled my heart with greater joy than when their grain and new wine abound. Psalm 4:7

7. Recognition – I will praise you, O Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonders. Psalm 9:1

8. Faithful – Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. Psalm 23:6

9. Obedient – Give me understanding, and I will keep your law and obey it with all my heart. Psalm 119:34

10. Repentant – For the sake of your name, O Lord, forgive my iniquity, though it is great. Psalm 25:11

David’s example is a great road map for how we are to live our life.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Fashion Section Under Attacks From Bugs / (mysterious And Unbelievable).woman With Four Legs Breastfeeding.(pictures) / Referee Shot Dead After Showing Red Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.