Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,845 members, 7,813,856 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:54 PM

N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG - Business (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG (61655 Views)

CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals / N50 Stamp Duty: 10 Things You Need To Know / N50 Stamp Duty: CBN Exempts Salary Accounts, Self-to-self Transactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG by ifedayoifedapo(f): 10:38am On Jan 20, 2016
chai! That's true o cheesy
vivalavida:
Will they be sending alert for the #50 when they collect it?

Also who will be paying #4 for the alerts?

1 Like

Re: N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG by Nobody: 10:45am On Jan 20, 2016
Jeffchuks:

Much as I know am not in support of the policy, but this happens to be the case in UK too, ask your friends working there to confirm, you pay tax literally on everything.

It would have been better if they have fixed the basic amenities first before coming up with such policy. To me, N50 is too much per a thousand naira transaction with the situation of our economy.

This is my personal opinion though.
ur right but we don't have the kind of infrastructure UK has
Re: N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG by BurukutuMallam: 10:53am On Jan 20, 2016
You well so?

How many years is Nigeria?
Continue defending the dumbass govt nibi me and you dey feel d pain

Gullible blind followers

grafikii:
That is the payment/punishment of voting and allow wasteful people to rule us for 16yrs. Una never see anything

Till Nigerians start feeling the pinch individual, then we will start holding leaders accountable.

Btw your 50 naira is going into buying bmw for the presidency and american spec toyotas for the senate

1 Like

Re: N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG by Kollyman: 11:04am On Jan 20, 2016
tiptopy03:
This is a very callous and ridiculous decision. What have they done to earn back from the Public? Someone like me that most of my transactions are done via bank, how much will they be having from my peanut's earning? When they start to deduct 50naira from my hard earned gain, how much will be my final profit? What benefit have I gotten from been a Nigerian? This is food for thought.

I don't think voting them out based on this is the way forward because if you vote them out based on this development, the successive government wouldn't stop it so long as the money from it is reasonable.

Also, the law wasn't just made, it was made as far back as 2004 which means, this has been on ground before but only explored by this government.

When government is faced with a very harsh economic condition like ours, they look for other ways to make money which include an increase in levies/taxes.

1 Like

Re: N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG by luorquay: 11:04am On Jan 20, 2016
vivalavida:

Bros check well. Banks charge more that #4 for sms. It's close to an upward of #10 thereabout
Re: N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG by xtervaganza(m): 11:09am On Jan 20, 2016
maslong:

who is this son's of many fathers bastard foolish pig.
oloriburuku omo Irankiran

You'll end up like nnamdi kanu
Re: N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG by chinedulivingstone(m): 11:32am On Jan 20, 2016
HMMMM i dont know what to say am going to the bank to close my account till 2019
Re: N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG by Bestluck: 11:41am On Jan 20, 2016
vivalavida:

The account holder pays for the alert.
Re: N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG by chinedulivingstone(m): 11:47am On Jan 20, 2016
the mean if u receive salary of 40k that is 50*40 that is too much our government want the collect 5% they for make it 10% nah Stupid people
ihedioramma:
not so or cant you read? go back and read it well .is not what you think .
Re: N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG by Image123(m): 11:55am On Jan 20, 2016
Youngzedd:

Hmmmm

Show were it's stated

Read the OP again, don't be lazy. It is there.
Re: N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG by Image123(m): 11:57am On Jan 20, 2016
Slimmybody:

May be you should read again!
It says "For all avoidance of doubt the following receipts are however exempted from imposition of stamp duties: payments of deposits or transfer by self to self whether inter or intra bank;

and any form of withdrawals/transfers from saving accounts.

So, where is deposit or transfer by third party into your savings account written?

The two statement as split above are stand alone.

[size=14pt]ANY FORM OF WITHDRAWALS/TRANSFERS FROM SAVINGS ACCOUNT[/size]. Can you see it now?
Re: N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG by SWG1: 12:11pm On Jan 20, 2016
CharlyNick:
you guys complain virtually about everything. #50 kwa na money?

This na poverty Mentality if u complain about this one. tongue

hmmn, Some ppl are charged 4-5k a month on alert charges of 4 naira cos of the nature of bizz they do. How do you think they will stomach 30-50k loss on stamp charges.
This will indeed change the dynamics of cash flow, trade by barter will set-in, accumulation of cash before deposit and debt will increase.

This reminds me of TB Joshuas prophecy for 2015 “banks will be like post office ".

seems some of this Prophet miss fire in timing
Re: N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG by grafikii: 12:12pm On Jan 20, 2016
darlingtonIIV:
i see that you're now a complete APC zombie...and afterall zombies don't have sense.
There are over 160million Nigerians, and atleast 100million own bank accounts, now multiply 100million with 50 and you'll see that this is pure daylight robbery.
But ofcourse, you're a zombie.
You dont have sense.
Dumb as.s who told u there are 100 million account holders in Nigeria?

The charge does not affect savings account

Only reciepiants of cash pay 50.

Who gives a fvck about any party? keep voting illitrates like u and you will pay through ur nose.

BurukutuMallam
Re: N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG by remzytimer: 12:26pm On Jan 20, 2016
This is right thinking in the wrong direction. The govt who has failed to give anything want to collect by all means, Go to other country where all this are working what they must have given their citizens. Black market!!! People will think otherwise, let's dig a hole and start keeping our money

1 Like

Re: N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG by Image123(m): 12:27pm On Jan 20, 2016
repogirl:
hmm..... it still isn't right, what concerns stamp with my money and fifty naira is too much.
Besides:

It doesn't sound as of savings accounts won't be affected. They said it is only payable by receiving accounts.... So when you receive, even with a savings account, you pay the charge for receiving the money.

Oh, i now get your point. i will re-confirm that though.
Re: N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:13pm On Jan 20, 2016
ferhyntorlah:
[size=20pt]THIS IS ABSOLUTE RUBBISH! TOTAL RUBBISH![/size]

I had a discussion with someone about this stamp duty and he told me that was the way it was being done overseas. That if you issue cheque to a third party to withdraw from your account, you will pay the stamp duty and likewise if you transfer to another person's account.

We are so used to free money from oil that the government didn't bother to implement it. So, the bank capitalised on this to generate income for themselves.

Now as it is, we are going to be paying double duties - to the government and the bank! If you do online money transfer, you will pay charges to the government and your bank!

I remember Gowon's statement years ago that the problem of Nigeria is not money but how to spend it. Successive government ended up squandering this money.
Re: N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:14pm On Jan 20, 2016
remzytimer:
This is right thinking in the wrong direction. The govt who has failed to give anything want to collect by all means, Go to other country where all this are working what they must have given their citizens. Black market!!! People will think otherwise, let's dig a hole and start keeping our money

Lol @ dig a hole.
Re: N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG by brightleave(m): 1:38pm On Jan 20, 2016
lofty900:
So if I do bank transactions 50 times in a month, it's 50×50=#2500 gone just like that? I've never seen a reasonable government that turns to stealing from the masses to generate income. Continue, I can't wait for 2019
google it on how GREEK govt survives
Re: N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG by saintclem7: 1:50pm On Jan 20, 2016
Am learning!

nkowaputa:
Copied from phockphockman

They said if PDP continues in office Nigeria will sink, gullible Nigerians believed them! Now they are in office, they said Nigeria will still sink after all, that the rot of the past administration cannot be corrected overnight. grin grin
Again Gullible Nigerians believed them! Ebola came calling, PDP rose to the occasion, rather than congratulate PDP, they praised APC governors in Lagos and Rivers for containment of Ebola, even the powerful health minister Prof. Onyebuchi Chukwu did not receive a single Weldon just because they detest anything PDP. Finally they have the power for peace to reign but God of justice who also detest injustice stroked with Lassa fever in the so called APC states, after all they are professional in containment of outbreak of diseases. Yet again out of helplessness and shamelessness they said it was the fault of past administration. gringringrin
Gullible Nigerians is now indifferent only God knows why! They said if only they could get power, insurgency will be history, gullible Nigerians believed them. Finally they have power, they said past administration did not buy ammunition but they were able to defeat insurgency in 7 months as they claim. I know Nigerians cant ask questions anymore otherwise you will visit Kuje prison convicted or charged. But i will still ask WITH WHAT AMMUNITION DID THEY DEFEAT THE INSURGENCY ? AUSTRALIAN OR CANADIAN OR BIAFRAN?
gringringringrin
Because i know they have not purchased even a single AK47 since they went to aso rock.
They said they will make fuel sell for 40 naira even when oil was above 75 naira per barrel. Now they are in charge even with their oga as oil minister fuel still sells officially 87 and un officially 100 not minding that oil price is now 30 naira and going by their assessment, assertion and calculation fuel by now should be selling for 25 naira per litre but who will talk, except you want to visit almighty Kuje prison. They said dollar being at per with naira is only a matter of may 29 2015. 8 months later dollar rate to naira hit all time high of 305. Record breaking government. I could still remember vividly my brother Chris Ngige during one of their last minute LIE in Enugu days before the fraud they called election said that PRESENTLY DOLLAR IS 220, IF DON'T VOTE THIS PEOPLE OUT, OUR BROTHERS IN ALABA WILL BE OUT OF BUSINESS, do you want that to happeeeeeeen gullible Nigerians shouted Nooooooooo. He said vote APC. My question is going to Ngige my senior brother. Sir, since you claim that at 220/1usd PDP price, Alaba brothers of yours will be out of business, what do you think will be their predicament now that APC price to the same dollar is 305 and still counting?
(Quote) (Report) 310 Likes (Like) 56 Shares (Share)
Re: N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG by saintclem7: 1:55pm On Jan 20, 2016
Greek no get the kind of human and natural resources we have. So they shouldn't forrm the basis for comparism bro. We have several options to diversify and generate revenue ranging from telecom,agriculture, tourism and culture, entertainment etc with the kind of human resources in number like we have as an advantage. They should learn from China and other countries and think! They are a good and resourceful cabinet atleast!

brightleave:
google it on how GREEK govt survives
Re: N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG by honeric01(m): 2:16pm On Jan 20, 2016
vivalavida:

Disable your SMS alert and enable email alert.

Free.
Re: N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG by kingphilip(m): 2:23pm On Jan 20, 2016
goodlifehyd:

When Buhari spoke against the legislators car allocation during the media chat what did you all called him? Abegiii just park well moreover this law had been signed since 2009 so why crucify PMB for implementing it??
so we are in 2009 we are now that they are implementing it
Re: N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG by scilstraining: 2:23pm On Jan 20, 2016
COURSE: PROJECT MANAGEMENT FUNDAMENTAL CERTIFICATION PROGRAMME(INTERNATIONAL CERTIFICATION INCLUDED)
PRICE: 35,000
DATE: JANUARY 25, 26, 27, 2016
VENUE: SCILS MANAGEMENT CENTRE. 58, OPEBI ROAD, SALVATION BUS/STOP, IKEJA, LAGOS.
INFO@SCILSNG.COM, 08094001990
Re: N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG by tiptopy03(m): 2:31pm On Jan 20, 2016
Kollyman:

I don't think voting them out based on this is the way forward because if you vote them out based on this development, the successive government wouldn't stop it so long as the money from it is reasonable.

Also, the law wasn't just made, it was made as far back as 2004 which means, this has been on ground before but only explored by this government.

When government is faced with a very harsh economic condition like ours, they look for other ways to make money which include an increase in levies/taxes.

I am not talking about voting out this time around but it is a harsh decision by the policy makers. what have they done to be earning 50naira on each transaction made? 50naira might seems to be little amount to some people, but to someone like me it is 50% of gain made per transaction. Now the question is, is Nigeria worthy of deducting the 50% profit I make? What have I benefited from them? Comparing Nigeria with other countries that tax heavily is out of it...
Orisa bo ba le gbe mi se mi bo se da mi (god/Nigeria if you can not help my situation/condition leave me the way I am)

1 Like

Re: N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG by hob(m): 2:42pm On Jan 20, 2016
I HOPE THIS IS JUST A RUMOUR

SHITE CAN'T BE REAL....50NAIRA ON TOP 1000K TRANSACTION

PURE EFFING SHITE

1 Like

Re: N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG by yinkopet: 2:56pm On Jan 20, 2016
lofty900:
So if I do bank transactions 50 times in a month, it's 50×50=#2500 gone just like that? I've never seen a reasonable government that turns to stealing from the masses to generate income. Continue, I can't wait for 2019
it is nt payable nd applicable 2 self to self inter nd intra bank transactions but applicable if u receive money 4rn sumone else .......it is virtually exempted wen u deposit nd withdraw minted paperz frm ur own savings acct.....
Re: N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG by deebsman1(m): 3:11pm On Jan 20, 2016
#say_no_to_bank_stamp_payment sad sad sad sadsad news
Re: N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG by fotadmowmend(m): 3:19pm On Jan 20, 2016
This will negatively affects our banks since this will discourages savings and bank might as a result of this lack funds to operate
Re: N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG by bigfoot79(m): 3:40pm On Jan 20, 2016
This is what Buruji Kashamu intendend to become the world's richest man from
Re: N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG by opsydudu(m): 4:06pm On Jan 20, 2016
Whobedatte:
mumu. Who lost? Abi u no see where I posted I mistakingly entered d wrong game and it won? Like ur moniker , your brain dudu no b small

Fvcking re.tard, you are as pathetic as you type. I no dey your level, shove that to your sorry ass

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG by godwinkessi: 4:23pm On Jan 20, 2016
grafikii:
That is the payment/punishment of voting and allow wasteful people to rule us for 16yrs. Una never see anything

Till Nigerians start feeling the pinch individual, then we will start holding leaders accountable.

Btw your 50 naira is going into buying bmw for the presidency and american spec toyotas for the senate

Olodo it wouldn't have been like this if GEJ won. Stop acting like u don't know the truth. Money circulation was steady during that brother's reign
Re: N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG by grafikii: 4:31pm On Jan 20, 2016
godwinkessi:

Olodo it wouldn't have been like this if GEJ won. Stop acting like u don't know the truth. Money circulation was steady during that brother's reign
Olodo, it was passed into law as far back as 2004.

Where was ur dumb as.s whem gej introduced 65 naira atm charge

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Ladipo Auto Spare-Parts Market Demolished (Photos) / Irene Chiamaka Nwachukwu: Jamil Abubakar Impregnated Me & I Have A Son For Him / Emeka Offor, Abike Dabiri’s Firms, Others Owe Banks N143.81bn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.