Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,749 members, 7,813,455 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:32 PM

N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG - Business (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG (61651 Views)

CBN Introduces New Charges On Bank Deposits And Withdrawals / N50 Stamp Duty: 10 Things You Need To Know / N50 Stamp Duty: CBN Exempts Salary Accounts, Self-to-self Transactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG by datigbogirl: 4:45pm On Jan 20, 2016
grafikii:
That is the payment/punishment of voting and allow wasteful people to rule us for 16yrs. Una never see anything

Till Nigerians start feeling the pinch individual, then we will start holding leaders accountable.

Btw your 50 naira is going into buying bmw for the presidency and american spec toyotas for the senate

Lols @ BMW.
Re: N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG by Alipanks(m): 5:09pm On Jan 20, 2016
lofty900:
So if I do bank transactions 50 times in a month, it's 50×50=#2500 gone just like that? I've never seen a reasonable government that turns to stealing from the masses to generate income. Continue, I can't wait for 2019
hmmmnnnn 2019 is a long time bro
Re: N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG by Whobedatte(m): 8:03pm On Jan 20, 2016
opsydudu:

Fvcking re.tard, you are as pathetic as you type. I no dey your level, shove that to your sorry ass
old man wey no get any other job apart from punting. Get a life bro and stop posting rollover bets on nairaland. Foolish fool
Re: N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG by swiffy(f): 9:54pm On Jan 20, 2016
lofty900:
bro you asked a very intelligent question. 50naira tax plus 4naira alert, that's 54naira deducted per transaction. Ewooooo, we don't want change again!
=))º°˚˚°ºнaĦaнaº°˚˚°º‎​=)) u r really funny. u must want change oo
Re: N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG by swiffy(f): 10:09pm On Jan 20, 2016
No no no! Dis no go work oo I no gree at all, SANATE do ur work. buhari wetin we do u now?

1 Like

Re: N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG by opsydudu(m): 11:21pm On Jan 20, 2016
Whobedatte:
old man wey no get any other job apart from punting. Get a life bro and stop posting rollover bets on nairaland. Foolish fool

Mschew... see this f.aggot. You seem frustrated, eyah, go and hug transformer. Displaying all manner of stupidity with your post on romance section. Idiot!
Re: N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG by Nobody: 7:08am On Jan 21, 2016
henryhemon:

Clears throat.

Ohhh..
Re: N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG by maslong(m): 7:57am On Jan 21, 2016
xtervaganza:
oloriburuku omo Irankiran

You'll end up like nnamdi kanu
empty barrel that makes the loudest noise . anu ezi. may God punish all your generation. idiot angry
Re: N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG by xtervaganza(m): 8:38am On Jan 21, 2016
maslong:

empty barrel that makes the loudest noise . anu ezi. may God punish all your generation. idiot angry
I of a wh0re. You don't want to end up like your zero cheesy grin grin grin grin grin
Re: N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG by ayindejimmy(m): 8:49am On Jan 21, 2016
It doesn't apply to transactions on Savings Accounts.
Re: N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG by ayindejimmy(m): 8:50am On Jan 21, 2016
It doesn't apply to transactions on Savings Accounts. And and deposit made by self
Re: N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG by blackprowler: 9:12am On Jan 21, 2016
Pidggin:
Thieves! Why should FG collect money from me when my account gets funded, especially after paying my tax? This is WRONG on all levels.

It is not wrong. Nigeria hardly has new ideas. Anything you hear being practised in Nigeria was copied from usually advanced countries. You can see the law is a 2004 law, just not being implemented before now. Nigerians do not understand democracy. The government can tell you to begin walking on your heads today if the law passes and you must comply. To prevent such stupid laws, that's why you have representatives in NASS to argue your case. If you don't care and let them do whatever, you get whatever. Nigeria is far far far from being an enlightened society. We think democracy is just "ijoba alagbada" (govt of ppl who wear traditional clothes) as Yoruba would say

1 Like

Re: N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG by Samgreguc(m): 9:32am On Jan 21, 2016
Anwonspee:
CBN should call GMB to order or ur comment?
Anyone that will help.
Re: N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG by bezimo(m): 8:12pm On Jan 21, 2016
OAUTemitayo:
Very sensible.
Oil price is going down and we need to up our revenue moves

Is it by taking money from the poor masses to up revenue so polithieveshans can loot again.Why dont the National assembly cut the operating cost also by way of reducing their high salaries and drop the buying of new cars they don't need.
what nonsense!!!

1 Like

Re: N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG by bezimo(m): 8:27pm On Jan 21, 2016
Exmay:
Please Nairalanders in the financial and legal sectors kindly contribute.

Is this Legal?
Is it Obtainable in the western world?

if the answer to these questions is affirmative, then i see no reason to cry foul. however, if otherwise, i see a turbulent future for the FG.

In Europe when you transfer money from bank to bank, there are no single charges but the criminal system in Nigeria wants to loot the masses dry.When a Duladinho is in charge who cant think, ripping the masses is seen as a good option.
Re: N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG by bezimo(m): 8:36pm On Jan 21, 2016
PaulJohn1:

I seriously wonder why a lot of people are blaming the government for this act.
Too many awoof things in Nigeria believe me.

I wanted to deposit money into someone's account here in Deutschland (a local account) , but because I'm not a customer of the bank, I was told I'll pay 15€...
Bank here charge 5€ on accounts every month. This is a country with good economy.

Nigerians should understand that we can't expect anything good from government if we don't pay tax.

You are a blantant liar.Money was deposited into my account from another bank in Germany 2 weeks ago and neither I or the sender was charged any money. Dont bring falsified lies to support Buharis fradulent policy.

1 Like

Re: N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG by PaulJohn1: 11:23pm On Jan 21, 2016
bezimo:

You are a blantant liar.Money was deposited into my account from another bank in Germany 2 weeks ago and neither I or the sender was charged any money. Dont bring falsified lies to support Buharis fradulent policy.

You could have said what was applicable to you without calling one a liar. You were never there with me, which makes you not to be in the position to tell if I was lying or not. However, what I said wasn't a lie. I couldn't make that particular transaction because I didn't have the extra 15€ requested that day.
Re: N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG by bezimo(m): 11:30pm On Jan 21, 2016
PaulJohn1:

You could have said what was applicable to you without calling one a liar. You were never there with me, which makes you not to be in the position to tell if I was lying or not. However, what I said wasn't a lie. I couldn't make that particular transaction because I didn't have the extra 15€ requested that day.

I am not sure I can agree with you, but I know that transfer and withdrawal of funds within banks in the EU dont carry any extra charge either to receive or withdraw.I've been there so I don't know what you are talking about.
Re: N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jan 21, 2016
badluck government
Re: N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG by PaulJohn1: 11:56pm On Jan 21, 2016
bezimo:

I am not sure I can agree with you, but I know that transfer and withdrawal of funds within banks in the EU dont carry any extra charge either to receive or withdraw.I've been there so I don't know what you are talking about.

You don't have to agree. Just that claiming one is lying on an event you never witnessed is not good enough. I was to send the money to an account in Sparkasse Bank, the teller made the request of extra charges because I don't bank with them.
Re: N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG by Ezeebube2(m): 5:28pm On Jan 29, 2016
jimmy1boy:
FELLOW NAIRALANDERS..... LET'S START SAVING LIKE IN THE OLD..... GET A BIG POT BURY AND SAVE....... END TIME STAMP.

I de tells u! me sef don reason am
Re: N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG by Ezeebube2(m): 9:21am On Feb 02, 2016
customised87:

I believe this means the charges wont be deducted from savings accounts.

time will tell
Re: N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG by Stevosty: 11:59am On Feb 03, 2016
In order to avoid any further confusion, here is what you need to know about the CBN’s N50 stamp duty:1.This announcement affects only current account holders and not savings account holders.2.It does not affect salary accounts or student savings accounts.3.The new policy includes all receipts by a bank or financial institution in acknowledgement of services rendered, in respect of teller deposits and electronic transfers for the value of N1000 and above.4.The policy complies with the provisions of the Stamp Duty Act2004 and the Federal Government of Nigeria’s (FGN) Financial Regulation of 2009.5.The N50 stamp duty will be charged per transaction and not per volume that is from N1,000 and above.6.Under the schedule to the StampDuty Act 2004, some exemptionsspecified includes payments of salaries and wages, payments, deposits, or self-to-self transactions, whether inter or intra bank.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG by femo80: 8:34am On Feb 11, 2016
SeanDada1:

So you never sleep? See you in Toronto 3 months time - Mr.. What have you grin
Re: N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG by femo80: 8:37am On Feb 11, 2016
Stevosty:
In order to avoid any further confusion, here is what you need to know about the CBN’s N50 stamp duty:1.This announcement affects only current account holders and not savings account holders.2.It does not affect salary accounts or student savings accounts.3.The new policy includes all receipts by a bank or financial institution in acknowledgement of services rendered, in respect of teller deposits and electronic transfers for the value of N1000 and above.4.The policy complies with the provisions of the Stamp Duty Act2004 and the Federal Government of Nigeria’s (FGN) Financial Regulation of 2009.5.The N50 stamp duty will be charged per transaction and not per volume that is from N1,000 and above.6.Under the schedule to the StampDuty Act 2004, some exemptionsspecified includes payments of salaries and wages, payments, deposits, or self-to-self transactions, whether inter or intra bank.

Oga uba bank they collect am from savings account dey no wait at all

Ha
Re: N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG by femo80: 8:40am On Feb 11, 2016
Ezeebube2:

time will tell

Uba has started deducting 50n on savings account already I wonder y.
Re: N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG by femo80: 8:43am On Feb 11, 2016
Uba done dey collect #50 on savings account now.
Re: N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG by mimicue(f): 3:39pm On Feb 11, 2016
#150 from student and saving account

Na wa oo
Re: N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG by femo80: 4:54pm On Feb 13, 2016
ibkgab001:
GO n DIE

we must balance the economy

But not with pps hard earn money wen u did not even provide means for dem
Re: N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG by femo80: 5:41pm On Feb 13, 2016
godoluwa:
hw many ppl u don dash 50naira today?
I wonder oh, if u ask him na story e go give u.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Ladipo Auto Spare-Parts Market Demolished (Photos) / Irene Chiamaka Nwachukwu: Jamil Abubakar Impregnated Me & I Have A Son For Him / Emeka Offor, Abike Dabiri’s Firms, Others Owe Banks N143.81bn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.