Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,906 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

Gov Okowa Shuns FG Delegation As his Reps Were Barred From Minister’s entourage - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Okowa Shuns FG Delegation As his Reps Were Barred From Minister’s entourage (17774 Views)

Suspended DG NIA Weeps, Barred From Aso Rock / Photos From Minister Of Transport, Rotimi Amaechi’s 51st Birthday Party / FG Delegation Visits Shi’ite Home Base At Gyallesu (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gov Okowa Shuns FG Delegation As his Reps Were Barred From Minister’s entourage by francizy(m): 9:46am On Jan 20, 2016
170chuks:
what's this one saying

That one madness dey tie wrapper...

1 Like

Re: Gov Okowa Shuns FG Delegation As his Reps Were Barred From Minister’s entourage by joetins(m): 9:46am On Jan 20, 2016
The governor ws suppose to b there himself b cos it is a serious national issue
Re: Gov Okowa Shuns FG Delegation As his Reps Were Barred From Minister’s entourage by jude33084(m): 9:46am On Jan 20, 2016
prestige24:
Quite a deceitful headline, I still did not see where the state governor shunned the FG delegation, is the OP trying to say that the governor should have left the signing of state budget to entertain the minister's delegation??
SHAMEFUL REASONING!

I believed that was why a lot of us opened the article cheesy
Re: Gov Okowa Shuns FG Delegation As his Reps Were Barred From Minister’s entourage by AMI3(m): 9:47am On Jan 20, 2016
free2ryhme:
Niger deltans will not leave the oil for criminal biafrauds. We know your plans but It will not work. South south will never be part of Biafra! Criminals!
Oga y don't u speak 4 urself and let others speak 4 themselves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gov Okowa Shuns FG Delegation As his Reps Were Barred From Minister’s entourage by jude33084(m): 9:49am On Jan 20, 2016
joetins:
The governor ws suppose to b there himself b cos it is a serious national issue

I believed that the FG team should have adjusted their schedule not to interfere with the state's budget signing event.

1 Like

Re: Gov Okowa Shuns FG Delegation As his Reps Were Barred From Minister’s entourage by Reference(m): 9:49am On Jan 20, 2016
The report is disjointed. Can't ascertain the sequence of events.

1 Like

Re: Gov Okowa Shuns FG Delegation As his Reps Were Barred From Minister’s entourage by manuelzz(m): 9:51am On Jan 20, 2016
free2ryhme:
Niger deltans will not leave the oil for criminal biafrauds. We know your plans but It will not work. South south will never be part of Biafra! Criminals!

Bros,why are you embarrassing your brain?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Okowa Shuns FG Delegation As his Reps Were Barred From Minister’s entourage by olatade(m): 9:53am On Jan 20, 2016
wait o!is Abayomi Gabriel Olonishakin a major general?
Re: Gov Okowa Shuns FG Delegation As his Reps Were Barred From Minister’s entourage by jude33084(m): 9:54am On Jan 20, 2016
APCcrimesHHD:
abeg who know where they relocate that electronics market for oshodi to? I wan go buy some electronic components for my inverter.

Different folks with different strokes grin
Re: Gov Okowa Shuns FG Delegation As his Reps Were Barred From Minister’s entourage by Nobody: 9:56am On Jan 20, 2016
jude33084:

Different folks with different strokes grin
abi naa?? wetin man pikin go do naa?
Re: Gov Okowa Shuns FG Delegation As his Reps Were Barred From Minister’s entourage by Rose2014: 9:59am On Jan 20, 2016
dearpreye:

No way....They'll be treated as misguided brothers. LOL!

grin Can't stop chuckling at this
Imagine how northerners protect their own. Misguided brothers indeed
Even 'Abacha never stole'
But if you don't crucify your brother GEJ, you're seen as one who doesn't love Nigeria. You'll now see my people creating threads up n down to hang their own just to accepted smh

Very sickening

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gov Okowa Shuns FG Delegation As his Reps Were Barred From Minister’s entourage by eseoghene144: 10:01am On Jan 20, 2016
The delta state deputy governor is Tompolos brother or cousin and was put there by him this is the reason the FG delegation shut them out
Re: Gov Okowa Shuns FG Delegation As his Reps Were Barred From Minister’s entourage by sexyjob(m): 10:01am On Jan 20, 2016
Oguguah:
Welcome to change....

Anyway, those bombing oil facilities should also know that Nigeria belongs to us all, and that this is the government of GMB, not GEJ or OBJ. If he can decimate the Shi'ites of his own North, and walk out on BBOG; how much more militants. I pity the communities that harbour these militants. Don't play politics with your lives. These politicians have no conscience. The last one with a little sense of conscience became clueless. Politicians don't really care about you, as you think. Be careful. Same warning goes to our dear friends in IPOB.

Back to the matter, how can you visit the state, and ignore the state officials. Everything is not politics, Mr. Minister. They have direct access to the locals. Use them. Anyway, the minister is still learning
He was even feeling shy on TV
Just shut up. This isn't 1984/85
Re: Gov Okowa Shuns FG Delegation As his Reps Were Barred From Minister’s entourage by asamaigho(m): 10:03am On Jan 20, 2016
Bubewilson:
Heyaa... But are these military men trained to ascertain the cause of the blast?

ascertain which cause again?
isnt it obvious dat it was bombed by militants, haba!
Re: Gov Okowa Shuns FG Delegation As his Reps Were Barred From Minister’s entourage by Nobody: 10:04am On Jan 20, 2016
Rose2014:

grin Can't stop chuckling at this
Imagine how northerners protect their own. Misguided brothers indeed
Even 'Abacha never stole'
But if you don't call your brother GEJ out, you're seen as one who doesn't love Nigeria. You'll now see my people creating threads up n down to hang their own just to accepted smh

Very sickening

Very disgusting. I've become informed enough to understand you don't kill one of yours within this system.....never try to appear ONE NIGERIAN to the detriment of your own people....

Yes. Abacha never stole though we are still recovering his legendary loot more than a decade after his orchestrated death.......

Defend your people. ....That's your history.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov Okowa Shuns FG Delegation As his Reps Were Barred From Minister’s entourage by docadams: 10:05am On Jan 20, 2016
jude33084:
[b][/b]

This is the main reason sad

Point blank!!.

The deputy governor is a cousin of Tompolo. Also, it is no secret that Tompolo was the main financier of Okowa's election as governor.

The nexus between militants and politicians in Delta state is very obvious to any concerned citizen. The FG could not have failed to notice this deadly romance.

1 Like

Re: Gov Okowa Shuns FG Delegation As his Reps Were Barred From Minister’s entourage by Kirigidi(m): 10:05am On Jan 20, 2016
free2ryhme:
If a Deputy Governor can not stand in for the Governor as prescribed in our Constitution, what is the need having one? Governor Okowa elected and given the mandate by the people to govern Delta state. The Ministers and other members of Federal Government delegation are mere civil servants and Presidential appointees. In Nigerian protocol ranking they are far below the Deputy Governor. Consequently what the Federal Government delegation did was a clear breach of protocol and humiliating insult to the people of Delta State.
Point of correctn! It is neva a humiliatin insult to us Deltans, but rather it is to only Okowa nd his PDP corruptn gang who forced dia way into power against wishes of majority of Deltans! Who voted in Okowa nd Otuaro? Do u think d FG is not aware dat Otuaro (Deputy Gov) is Tompolo's loyal boy foistd on d state thru PDP's riggin machine unda GEJ's tenure? Howeva, let there b continuos pipo in our lands. Amen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gov Okowa Shuns FG Delegation As his Reps Were Barred From Minister’s entourage by deandavid(m): 10:07am On Jan 20, 2016
free2ryhme:
If a Deputy Governor can not stand in for the Governor as prescribed in our Constitution, what is the need having one? Governor Okowa elected and given the mandate by the people to govern Delta state. The Ministers and other members of Federal Government delegation are mere civil servants and Presidential appointees. In Nigerian protocol ranking they are far below the Deputy Governor. Consequently what the Federal Government delegation did was a clear breach of protocol and humiliating insult to the people of Delta State.
i concur, even though i know, okowa wasnt voted by the majority of Deltans, but right now he is the seating gov, and delegated his deputy.i am an APC member, a strong buhari supporter, but then, what the minister and his entourage did his an insult on the people of Delta State, you dont come to my house to form actor, the locals are suppose to lead you to the site, it doesnt have to be the governor,when the governor is not dispose, the deputy should stand in, thats the reason why principal officers have deputies. the minister is indeed a learner and should be warned. Make him head dey him neck o.

4 Likes

Re: Gov Okowa Shuns FG Delegation As his Reps Were Barred From Minister’s entourage by AreaFada2: 10:12am On Jan 20, 2016
Lanretoye:

Oga no dey take only eyes read now,what was the state govt doing since last week?.so when the FG delegation came is when they found their right time...please all these sentiments will not take us anywhere,the state gov or his reps is supposed to be the first to visit that site.
Shay na u be their spokes person?,let the state govt tell us the effort they have made.

Is that how they are going to know what has been done on ground? By using Federal might to do gra-gra?

Does it occur to you that some information might be sensitive that cannot be given publicly?

Do you think all the information about Boko Haram known to govt is known to us the public?

By the way, are you Adeshina or any other FG speaker or media appointee? grin cheesy
Re: Gov Okowa Shuns FG Delegation As his Reps Were Barred From Minister’s entourage by Rose2014: 10:14am On Jan 20, 2016
dearpreye:

Very disgusting. I've become informed enough to understand you don't kill one of yours within this system.....never try to appear ONE NIGERIAN to the detriment of your own people....

Yes. Abacha never stole though we are still recovering his legendary loot more than a decade after his orchestrated death.......

Defend your people. ....That's your history.
Gbam
I don't recall northerners calling for the crucifixion of the likes of IBB, Abacha even their "misguided brothers" but today if you don't call for the crucifixion of GEJ, Kanu etc, you hate Nigeria. I don't like people insulting my sensibility and that's why people easily think I'm IPOB on this forum. No, I'll defend mine the way you defend yours. Chikena

I don't recall Yorubas calling out the likes of Tinubu, Fashola etc no no no. They're all saints except GEJ, Diezani or Iweala and my people will be cheering their oppressors

The funny thing is that after crucifying your own, kpatakpata you get the job of a driver grin or you don't get anything at all. Ask Ezekwesili. They still won't be trusted with any sensitive position for the sell out they are. And the marginalization continues

After all GEJ did to appear one Nigerian, where's he today? Did they not vote him out cos he's not one of their own?
Abeg leave matter

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gov Okowa Shuns FG Delegation As his Reps Were Barred From Minister’s entourage by deandavid(m): 10:14am On Jan 20, 2016
Kirigidi:
Point of correctn! It is neva a humiliatin insult to us Deltans, but rather it is to only Okowa nd his PDP corruptn gang who forced dia way into power against wishes of majority of Deltans! Who voted in Okowa nd Otuaro? Do u think d FG is not aware dat Otuaro (Deputy Gov) is Tompolo's loyal boy foistd on d state thru PDP's riggin machine unda GEJ's tenure? Howeva, let there b continuos pipo in our lands. Amen.
bros it is an open secret that Tompolo is a strong ally of the present administration, and we know Okowa is there on borrowed time or stolen mandate, but then the seat of the governor and indeed the pride of the people of Delta state is what we talking about here. u can come to my domain to control things just like that. moreover this tompolo man has already said he isnt involve in the blowing of pipeline, some idiot have actually claimed responsibilities for the bombing.

2 Likes

Re: Gov Okowa Shuns FG Delegation As his Reps Were Barred From Minister’s entourage by tayejay(m): 10:22am On Jan 20, 2016
[color=#990000][/color]
AwiLand:

Brown Envelop Journalism...... A militant group have claimed they are the one responsible and Tompolo have also said his hands are clean yet SR, a Yoruba Reuter still want to indict Tompolo by all means...... supported by Ijaw "giveaways" like Bacarnista

And why should the words of the militants and Tompolo be the burden proof? U should await outcome of the various investigations...
Re: Gov Okowa Shuns FG Delegation As his Reps Were Barred From Minister’s entourage by AreaFada2: 10:25am On Jan 20, 2016
Rose2014:

Gbam
I don't recall northerners calling for the crucifixion of the likes of IBB, Abacha even their "misguided brothers" but today if you don't call for the crucifixion of GEJ, Kanu etc, you hate Nigeria. I don't like people insulting my sensibility and that's why people easily think I'm IPOB on this forum. No, I'll defend mine the way you defend yours. Chikena

I don't recall Yorubas calling out Tinubu n Fashola no no no

The funny thing is that after crucifying your own, kpatakpata you get the job of a driver cheesy or you don't get anything at all. Ask Ezekwesili. You and your people will never be considered for anything serious. And your suffering continues

After all GEJ did to appear one Nigerian, where's he today? Did they not vote him out cos he's not one of their own? Mtchew

That makes the Northerners better politicians (not competent administrators) than Southerners can ever dream to be. At least with 9ja as it currently is.

When have you ever seen core Northern Muslims enthrone any Southerner except it happens by default (Gen. OBJ after Dimka coup in 1976) or to pacify their enraged ally ethnic group (again OBJ in 1999)?

Each time, they were repaid immediately: Shagari & Yar'Adua.

OBJ even duped Awolowo by changing the rules after election, as Awo was set to win parliamentary vote to be president, when the election did not give a clear winner.

Northerners know how to use so called educated Southerners against each other. Just dangle money & position.

2 Likes

Re: Gov Okowa Shuns FG Delegation As his Reps Were Barred From Minister’s entourage by Rose2014: 10:26am On Jan 20, 2016
AreaFada2:

That makes the Northerners better politicians (not competent administrators) than Southerners can ever dream to be. At least with 9ja as it currently is.

When have you ever seen core Northern Muslims enthrone any Southerner except it happens by default (Gen. OBJ after Dimka coup in 1976) or to pacify their enraged ally ethnic group (again OBJ in 2009)?

Each time, they were repaid immediately: Shagari & Yar'Adua.

OBJ even duped Awolowo by changing the rules after election, as Awo was set to win parliamentary vote to be president, when the election did not give a clear winner.

Northerners know how to use so called educated Southerners against each other. Just dangle money & position.

Very true

1 Like

Re: Gov Okowa Shuns FG Delegation As his Reps Were Barred From Minister’s entourage by Nobody: 10:30am On Jan 20, 2016
Rose2014:

Gbam

I don't recall Yorubas calling out the likes of Tinubu, Fashola etc no no no. They're all saints except GEJ, Diezani or Iweala and my people will be cheering their oppressors

The funny thing is that after crucifying your own, kpatakpata you get the job of a driver grin or you don't get anything at all. Ask Ezekwesili. They still won't be trusted with any sensitive position for the sell out they are. And the marginalization continues

After all GEJ did to appear one Nigerian, where's he today? Did they not vote him out cos he's not one of their own?
Abeg leave matter

That's it all. Back in 2011 when I was so ignorant of the peculiar style of crude governance and politics we play as a country, I criticised and abused my own people, including GEJ; whenever he was to be slaughtered, I made available the knife. SMH.

This is where I give it to Tonyebarcanista; he played no little role in increasing my political awareness, both here and offline though we are now pursuing the same goal through different routes....

Later, I began to witness an evil trend, targeting the devil in my regions while praising the angels in other regions. In fact I started supporting GEJ fully when the APC lying machine was officially commissioned and deployed. I saw the bigger game after hitting some history books. My anger at my own foolishness and ignorance knew no bounds.

How was the Fashola website matter handled? How was PMB certificate matter handled? Abacha is now seating at the right hand of God since he was a saint; the IBBs, OBJs, etc are the elders everyone now see as saints. In this country? No way.........Na so I start to support my own people ooooooooo. .....

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gov Okowa Shuns FG Delegation As his Reps Were Barred From Minister’s entourage by abacus(m): 10:41am On Jan 20, 2016
As if dem send am. One question is why is he waiting for FG before needed state inspection.. oni ra nu gbo gbo
Re: Gov Okowa Shuns FG Delegation As his Reps Were Barred From Minister’s entourage by sarutobie(m): 10:43am On Jan 20, 2016
dearpreye:

That's it all. Back in 2011 when I was so ignorant of the peculiar style of crude governance and politics we play as a country, I criticised and abused my own people, including GEJ; whenever he was to be slaughtered, I made available the knife. SMH.

This is where I give it to Tonyebarcanista; he played no little role in increasing my political awareness, both here and offline though we are now pursuing the same goal through different routes....

Later, I began to witness an evil trend, targeting the devil in my regions while praising the angels in other regions. In fact I started supporting GEJ fully when the APC lying machine was officially commissioned and deployed. I saw the bigger game after hitting some history books. My anger at my own foolishness and ignorance knew no bounds.

How was the Fashola website matter handled? How was PMB certificate matter handled? Abacha is now seating at the right hand of God since he was a saint; the IBBs, OBJs, etc are the elders everyone now see as saints. In this country? No way.........Na so I start to support my own people ooooooooo. .....
flesh and blood did not reveal this to you....Abacha, IBB, Atiku, Tinubu, Danjuma, Abdusalami, Obasanjo...these guys were never corrupt..they're still revered as elder statesmen for the betterment of one naijeriya...only the jonathans, iwealas, oduahs are corrupt...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Okowa Shuns FG Delegation As his Reps Were Barred From Minister’s entourage by Laid2001: 10:45am On Jan 20, 2016
kkk
Re: Gov Okowa Shuns FG Delegation As his Reps Were Barred From Minister’s entourage by 1freshdude: 10:54am On Jan 20, 2016
Oguguah:
Welcome to change....

Anyway, those bombing oil facilities should also know that Nigeria belongs to us all, and that this is the government of GMB, not GEJ or OBJ. If he can decimate the Shi'ites of his own North, and walk out on BBOG; how much more militants. I pity the communities that harbour these militants. Don't play politics with your lives. These politicians have no conscience. The last one with a little sense of conscience became clueless. Politicians don't really care about you, as you think. Be careful. Same warning goes to our dear friends in IPOB.

Back to the matter, how can you visit the state, and ignore the state officials. Everything is not politics, Mr. Minister. They have direct access to the locals. Use them. Anyway, the minister is still learning

They stated that the state government has close tires to perpetrators of the act. Otuaro (the deputy governor) is a cousin of Tompolo!
Re: Gov Okowa Shuns FG Delegation As his Reps Were Barred From Minister’s entourage by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:55am On Jan 20, 2016
akins56:
and is sowore or omoyele an ijaw name ?
It won't cost you much to go on google to educate yourself.
Re: Gov Okowa Shuns FG Delegation As his Reps Were Barred From Minister’s entourage by emmykk(m): 10:59am On Jan 20, 2016
ranting machine....
Oguguah:
Welcome to change....

Re: Gov Okowa Shuns FG Delegation As his Reps Were Barred From Minister’s entourage by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:09am On Jan 20, 2016
dearpreye:

No way....They'll be treated as misguided brothers. LOL!
Who? The Ondo Ijaws or who?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan’s Almajiri Schools Too Expensive To Run – Adamawa Government / Vote Me, I'll Promote National Unity; Buhari Promises Nigerians / RUGA: Fulani Not Planning To Install Emirs in Enugu, Asaba - MURIC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.