Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,971 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police (32565 Views)

Olachi Manndarin Emmanuel Dies After Husband Allegedly Abandoned Her / (A MOST Read)dog Finds An Abandoned Baby/ Foetus And Takes It To Safety (photos) / He Now Sleeps On A Mat Becos His Wife And Elder Sister Hav Taken Over D Bedroom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police by 3kay945(m): 12:13pm On Jan 20, 2016
marlockj:

Hv u heard of the word suspects by police before....

You Hv to pay before you are let free...

In mst area nw..if Ppl are fighting near your house the best thing is to leave ur house for Lik 2days..Cuz police will cum hours after the fight n pack every living thing...

If police can arrest old woman of 85 as suspect of fighting... then who r u...

Stօք tɦɨs ʍɛռtaʟɨtʏ.

Aʟʟ tɦɛ ʍɛռ ռɛɛɖ tօ ɖօ ɨs sɨʍքʟʏ tօ ʟօօҡ ʄօʀ ʟɨҡɛ 3 - 4 (աօʍɛռ) ʍօtɦɛʀs, taҡɛ them tօ tɦɛ sċɛռɛ.
Iռʄօʀʍɨռɢ քօʟɨċɛ ɨs sɛċօռɖaʀʏ.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police by sarutobie(m): 12:19pm On Jan 20, 2016
I keep saying it the black race is beyond redemption! The Caucasians will not allow even a stranded puppy starve, but everything just seems upside down in Nigeria...cowards! I guess that is what they tell themselves at night when they go to bed to make their conscience feel better..

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police by AlPeter: 12:29pm On Jan 20, 2016
Heartless bunch

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police by Panelbeater(m): 12:31pm On Jan 20, 2016
And they would all go to church to dance on Sunday oh, that community is sick.
This can't happen in Yoruba land

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police by Kaylexzy(m): 12:33pm On Jan 20, 2016
kaziblake:
What a pity.
If I come across baby dump I will make sure I carry him/her.

Everything works backwards in dis country...

So all of dem as dem dey, police go arrest all of dem for kidnapping?

A whole area Abi na vicinity o

F**ked up country and so many heartless folks...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police by jaybee(f): 12:34pm On Jan 20, 2016
Gaborone:
Their response is condemnable, but at the end of the day, their refusal to help is a symptom of a disease. The disease here is the victimization of helpers by the Police. You hear of cases where those who help accident victims, etc are detained and treated as criminals.

The society will keep presenting those symptoms, till we cleanse the system and take care of the disease ravaging the Nigerian Police.

May her soul rest in perfect peace.

But this is not the first time abandoned babies have been rescued and given a life. It was absolute wickedness on the part of the onlookers. They are worse than the lunatic that dropped the baby in the first place.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police by Kaylexzy(m): 12:35pm On Jan 20, 2016
UjSizzle:

The stupiidity of this excuse is appalling.
So the police would have accused ALL of you for trying to kidnap a baby obviously in a carton far away from home? Interesting. So why weren't the police called?

See, wickedness is not only when someone accuses another falsely. Wickedness is seeing the helpless and doing nothing.
Nansense!

I swear u jex said Wat was on my mind...

Height of wickedness...

Can dey arrest all d folks in d vicinity for kidnapping?
Re: Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police by kaziblake(f): 12:36pm On Jan 20, 2016
Kaylexzy:

Everything works backwards in dis country...

So all of dem as dem dey, police go arrest all of dem for kidnapping?

A whole area Abi na vicinity o

F**ked up country and so many heartless folks...
the fear of police is the beginning of wisdom.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police by Onegai(f): 12:38pm On Jan 20, 2016
So why cannot all these mothers who give birth and cannot keep the babies, not use their brains and DROP THEM AT A CHURCH OR HOSPITAL? Rather than abandoning them in a bush where even a stray dog can eat them OR rats bite them?

And if 20 people carry a baby to a police station, they will accuse all of them of kidnapping one baby?!

I swear, we need to be recolonised. Maybe in 200 hundred year's time, African brains will start working.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police by VOICEOFJUSTICE: 12:39pm On Jan 20, 2016
Over to you fashola, as usual, #BlameitonJonathan grin grin grin

Reloaded

if i was there i for take the pikin. ebetter them call me baby thief than say the baby die

i love kids

they bring joy

some women get mind o

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police by Kaylexzy(m): 12:39pm On Jan 20, 2016
kaziblake:
the fear of police is the beginning of wisdom.

But let's be realistic Na..

D police can only arrest a handful of dem...

And Na only if dem get snitch for d area Datz d only valid reason for not helping...

Cos I can't fathom how d cops will arrest everybody for kidnapping na...
Re: Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police by murmee: 12:40pm On Jan 20, 2016
kay29000:
SAD. But if a crowd of like 12 people went to the police together with the baby, I don't think things would have turned out ugly as the people thought. Now the baby is dead, and they could have saved her.
You are right. Not a single person out of the crowd could think properly. Pity.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jan 20, 2016
God will punish the mother, father and everyone that stood by doing nothing........... This has ruin my day. I wished the mother died sef this is so heartless, for you bastards that cant zip up and take care of kids donate them instead of dumping them.

Useless people cry
Re: Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police by murmee: 12:41pm On Jan 20, 2016
Sijo01:
The on lookers that watched her cry to death are more wicked and heartless than the baby's mother. May God punish them all.
AMEN.
Re: Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police by cardoctor(m): 12:43pm On Jan 20, 2016
We have no value for human life. That child may have been the future president of this country. My her gentle innocent soul rest in peace.

Click on my signature below for advanced dealer level car diagnostics in ABUJA.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police by titsqueez(m): 1:13pm On Jan 20, 2016
There are motherless baby homes in Uyo. Someone could have at least taken the baby there, no further questions would have been asked if her circumstances were narrated. Rather she ends up in a morgue. Too bad!!
Re: Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police by prisiluv(f): 1:24pm On Jan 20, 2016
...See how anger is building up in me...wat stupid excuse! jst allowed the poor baby to die just like that! The mother will suffer for this! Lord have mercy
Re: Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police by OlujobaSamuel: 1:27pm On Jan 20, 2016
irrespective of how we might feel against the people, all still centres on the police attitude.
The report pointed out that the police was aware even before the death of the child but nothing was done about it.
If anyone or group have taken that baby to the station, the police we have might reject it and seek for a statement which might attract a fee, in the course of pleading, if the baby should die in custody of those holding it at the station, the police will never accept it got there alive, na to throw them inside cell be the next thing.
We also don't know if there have been any previous similar experience that promted the community to act that way. The nearest police station can't claim ignorance of the event considering the proximity of a fuel station to the place. If na fighting things, I'm sure the police go show up after the fighters don go to pick everyone passing by.
Re: Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police by halfcurrent(m): 1:32pm On Jan 20, 2016
Sijo01:
The on lookers that watched her cry to death are more wicked and heartless than the baby's mother. May God punish them all.

Totally agree with you and they are equally responsible for the death of the poor baby
Re: Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police by adjoviomole(m): 1:37pm On Jan 20, 2016
ylaa:
they all joined hands
in killing the baby
the blood of the innocent
baby will be required from them
all including the police that did nothing
to help.
blood sucking pple

I don't know if its just me. I can't explain hw my hrt hurts wen I hear babies crying...we have a crios prblm in Nigeria I tell u.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police by MansaMoussa: 1:47pm On Jan 20, 2016
UjSizzle:

The stupiidity of this excuse is appalling.
So the police would have accused ALL of you for trying to kidnap a baby obviously in a carton far away from home? Interesting. So why weren't the police called?

See, wickedness is not only when someone accuses another falsely. Wickedness is seeing the helpless and doing nothing.
Nansense!

Yes, the Nigerian police has been known to arrest and detain many "heroes" before!
I am a witness to that!

Has the Nigerian Police ever assured Nigerians of objectivity in investigations?
A big man in the society can do that, but the average man who knows the police can turn on him at any point in time!
Re: Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police by morounkola(f): 1:49pm On Jan 20, 2016
This is so sad. To think that all those people stood by and watched the baby cried herself to death makes me remember that bible verse 'the heart of man is desperately wicked'. Worse still are the comments I read on this thread. The fear of police did not allow them touch the baby but none of them was compassionate enough to call the police or alert the welfare officials. I wonder how you all sleep at night knowing that you could have saved an innocent soul instead you stood by and watched her die. May God have mercy on us all.
Re: Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police by morounkola(f): 1:56pm On Jan 20, 2016
I pray you or your loved one won't be an accident victim one day and people rather than help save your life, watch you die. All because they are afraid of the Nigerian Police. Only then, will you understand the gravity of your statement]

Yes, the Nigerian police has been known to arrest and detain many "heroes" before!
I am a witness to that!

Has the Nigerian Police ever assured Nigerians of objectivity in investigations?
A big man in the society can do that, but the average man who knows the police can turn on him at any point in time!

[/quote]
Re: Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police by Cooleasy(m): 1:56pm On Jan 20, 2016
Sijo01:
AMEN.
Re: Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police by bid4rich(m): 1:59pm On Jan 20, 2016
What is the difference between this act and abortion. If you abort her, she die. You abandoned her, she still die, whats now the essense?

Nairalander shld judge this matter before God does, I beg
Re: Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police by ayindejimmy(m): 2:05pm On Jan 20, 2016
Why can't they call the police to come pick her now? Haba!

I, would have taken that kid to a police station. This is a rare opportunity to do something really great
Re: Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police by norriswood(m): 2:10pm On Jan 20, 2016
stupid excuse
Re: Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police by Agukagu(m): 2:31pm On Jan 20, 2016
texazzpete:

I blame them. And I blame you for supporting such travesty.

Why the heck will people not gather the liver to do the right thing?

And knowing Nigerians, I bet the crowd of cowards that stood by while the baby was dying were the ones even warning others to do nothing.

I would have put aside all i had to do for the day to ensure I got her to a hospital.

Which hospital would you have taken the baby to, as who, who will foot the bill and after treatment what will you do with the child? Things like this happen because there is no social safety net to take care of young mothers with unwanted pregnancy. This is the reason why I am not quick to condemn the so called baby factories. It could have been better that the lady gave up the child for adoption than waste the innocent baby. Unfortunately there have been relentless onslaught against foster homes that could have taken care of the ugly situation so we are going to be seeing more babies wasted.
Re: Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police by bigtt76(f): 2:39pm On Jan 20, 2016
Got me in tears cry they watched the baby cry out in pain while they all stood there snapping away pictures of her on their phones and for blogs angry ...God forgive them for they know not what they've done.
Re: Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police by Seventeen(f): 2:44pm On Jan 20, 2016
What a pathetic excuse..... So they rather decided to just stand around d baby watching her cry to death and probably abusing and rendering curses on the mother who abandoned her there not realising they were equaly as calous as she was, if not worse. Na wa oo. Even a dog would have been barking uncontroulably to attract help of some sought. Human beings!...... What happened to our souls?
Re: Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police by Psalm18: 2:56pm On Jan 20, 2016
nijabazaar:
One baby Down...Less mouth to feed.

In overcrowded communities, people tend to be predators or willing to kill off competition(in this case allow a young member to die off) for the finite resource.

In Lions communities, The alpha lion often smothers the life of young male cubs just to dominate.....

Does this even make sense to you.
Equating human life to animal instinct.
undecided
Re: Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jan 20, 2016
Whenever I start to believe in humans again, shyte like this sets me back embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

American Tiktok Influencer Shares Her 'Glow Up' From A Baby To A Cute Teenager / The Little Things That Determine The Success Of A Marriage. / 20 Men Marry 2nd Wives In Zuntu, Kaduna State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.