Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,296 members, 7,836,295 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police (32584 Views)

Olachi Manndarin Emmanuel Dies After Husband Allegedly Abandoned Her / (A MOST Read)dog Finds An Abandoned Baby/ Foetus And Takes It To Safety (photos) / He Now Sleeps On A Mat Becos His Wife And Elder Sister Hav Taken Over D Bedroom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police by adjoviomole(m): 11:28am On Jan 20, 2016
All dis ppl dat watched d baby cry till death are more heartless.....God! D hrt of man is desperately evil n wicked....as for me,I can't stand it wen babies cry.if I was der I am sure I wld av carried d baby n care for it,fuk d police cry

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police by luluosas(m): 11:31am On Jan 20, 2016
You see, the fear of wrongful accusation by the Nigerian Police led to this innocent child's death. Honestly, our police need to be retrained. What a pity! But the woman that commit this dastardly acts against this child will never know peace except she repents and confess her crimes.

Meanwhile, beware of the data thief bellow who will only collect your money but will NEVER send you data. Awof dey run belle ooooooooooo

Re: Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police by midehi2(f): 11:31am On Jan 20, 2016
*tears*

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police by jashar(f): 11:32am On Jan 20, 2016
Callous and selfish bunch of people... Nonsense. @ least save the life 1st. if they had all gone together to report the case with the baby, would they all have been arrested?

But it's also a wake up call to the NPF. See what the citizens think of you. The IG ought to see this...

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police by Sijo01(f): 11:33am On Jan 20, 2016
Gaborone:
Their response is condemnable, but at the end of the day, their refusal to help is a symptom of a disease. The disease here is the victimization of helpers by the Police. You hear of cases where those who help accident victims, etc are detained and treated as criminals.

The society will keep presenting those symptoms, till we cleans the system and take care of the disease ravaging the Nigerian Police.

May her soul rest in perfect peace.

Just imagine! They sounded like illiterates and stewpid too.

I've heard and seen many of such cases on TV. The first person that gets there or any interested person takes the baby, bath and dresses him/her up even before going to the police station.

It's a pity what ignorance is doing to some people.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police by Ladiva: 11:34am On Jan 20, 2016
There's ko excuse whatsoever for letting such a beautiful child cry to death. Tell me how the police will arrest all of you for helping the poor baby, and you all stood there? What is wrong with us as a people, when did we get to this level of self centeredness?

While not absolving the mother of any blame, what if she was hoping a Samaritan would pick her child and help her out? For her to dress her so nicely.

In all, dear God please have mercy on all parties involved

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police by oglalasioux(m): 11:35am On Jan 20, 2016
Nigeria Police; help an accident victim, you'll make statement and bail yourself. Help abandoned baby, you come to the station to explain. You report a robbery, you'll bail yourself with 'I no follow' which is at least 5000 naira.

Men of the Nigeria Police see the profession as a money making machine. Don't be surprised that one of them was there in plainclothes praying for anyone to touch the baby.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police by menix(m): 11:35am On Jan 20, 2016
Both the mother nd onlookers re heartless..

why is this world wicked, what ve this innocent baby done to deserve such fate..

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police by fabulousnize(m): 11:37am On Jan 20, 2016
GOd нєℓρ υѕ σσн.... ωαт α ωσяℓ∂.... ωι¢кє∂ ωσяℓ∂...... ρσℓι¢є иσ ѕαвι ∂єм ωσяк..... gυѕн иι¢є вву ʝυѕт ∂ιє∂ ℓιкє ∂αт ιи ∂ иαмє σf fєαя fяσм ρρℓ αяσυи∂..... тнσѕє ρρℓ gєт мσυтн тσ тαℓк ѕтσяιєѕ тσ ρυи¢н ....... GOd ωιℓℓ ʝυ∂gє υ αℓℓ fσя ∂ιѕ вℓσσ∂ ωєи ωυииα ∂ ѕнαяє

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police by Nobody: 11:37am On Jan 20, 2016
GurlFriend:

A baby girl, dressed and abandoned by her mother in a biscuit carton near Eco Bank, along Ikot Ekpene Road, Uyo, died after hours of battling for survival.

The baby, who was said to have been abandoned by her mother at about 11:30pm on Friday, died around 11:58am on Saturday after many hours of crying for help.

A resident of the area, Mr. Okon Isaac, told a Punch correspondent that the baby became pale after a long period of crying for her mum’s comfort before passing out.

Isaac said he wanted to check if Total Filling Station along Ikot Ekpene Road, Uyo had begun to sell fuel when he heard a baby cry near the refuse bin, dressed neatly and dumped in the biscuit carton.

According to him, he was perplexed and had to suspend buying fuel and kept watch over the baby since 5:47am thinking that the mother might change her mind and come back for the baby.

He stated that the baby’s cry from the carton drew the attention of a large number of people.

Isaac added that people were scared to touch the baby to avoid being accused by the police of trying to steal or kidnap the baby.

“I have been here since 5:47am. I wanted to buy fuel from Total, which only sells the product when available between the hours of 4 and 6:20am. After this time, they stop selling pretending not to have the product.

“As I was passing, I heard the cry of the baby. I began to wonder where the baby was crying from. But when I got near the refuse bin, just off the road, I saw a baby girl neatly dressed and dumped in a biscuit carton.

“I could not go to Total in search of fuel again. I stayed behind to observe if the mother of the baby might change her mind and come back for the baby. And before long, people started to troop in as they heard the cry of the baby.

“But as we live in a period of child theft and selling of children for money, people were scared to touch the baby. They all stood helpless, should anyone risk lifting the baby, and the police happen to be around, the individual can be accused of child theft, or whatever,” he said.

The Punch correspondent called the police emergency number to inform them of the abandoned baby, but the police said they were aware of the situation and had contacted the Ministry of Environment for necessary action.

It was observed that till the baby died, neither the police nor officials of the Ministry of Environment were present at the scene.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/01/omigosh-nigerian-watched-abandoned-baby.html
deranged citizen in a cursed country next time pray to be born in canada

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police by moredollar(m): 11:39am On Jan 20, 2016
Lame and stupid excuse. The baby should have been taken to a hospital without fear. At least, there were lots of witnesses........

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police by AreaFada2: 11:43am On Jan 20, 2016
Sijo01:
The on lookers that watched her cry to death are more wicked and heartless than the baby's mother. May God punish them all.

Yes. That's what you get in a heartless country with heartless leaders & heartless corrupt law enforcement agencies.
So police could not first take the baby to police station, keep her warm and give at least glucose.

That innocent life died out of dehydration, hypothermia and hypoglycaemia.
Pity.

RIP young blood. You were unlucky to come into wicked country.
Re: Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police by texazzpete(m): 11:44am On Jan 20, 2016
lofty900:
I don't blame them. Our policemen are not smart at all. They can turn your good deeds into criminal charges

I blame them. And I blame you for supporting such travesty.

Why the heck will people not gather the liver to do the right thing?

And knowing Nigerians, I bet the crowd of cowards that stood by while the baby was dying were the ones even warning others to do nothing.

I would have put aside all i had to do for the day to ensure I got her to a hospital.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police by pdpchangeapc(m): 11:46am On Jan 20, 2016
And somebody is somewhere spending millions of naira looking for a baby. This life sha!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police by AreaFada2: 11:46am On Jan 20, 2016
Ladiva:
There's ko excuse whatsoever for letting such a beautiful child cry to death. Tell me how the police will arrest all of you for helping the poor baby, and you all stood there? What is wrong with us as a people, when did we get to this level of self centeredness?

While not absolving the mother of any blame, what if she was hoping a Samaritan would pick her child and help her out? For her to dress her so nicely.

In all, dear God please have mercy on all parties involved

Good Samakini?

So because there are churches everywhere, you think that message makes sense to people?

Most go there to show off wealth, check out a girl/guy & dance azonto.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police by 3kay945(m): 11:47am On Jan 20, 2016
Sijo01:
The on lookers that watched her cry to death are more wicked and heartless than the baby's mother. May God punish them all.

Eʋɛռ tɦօʊɢɦ I ɖɛtɛst tɦɛɨʀ ɖɛċɨsɨօռs, aʍ aʟsօ ɛaɢɛʀ tօ ҡռօա ɦօա ʏօʊ աaռt Gօɖ tօ քʊռɨsɦ tɦɛʍ...
Re: Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police by benELOHIM7(m): 11:49am On Jan 20, 2016
Cold world embarassed
Re: Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police by free2ryhme: 11:50am On Jan 20, 2016
irony of life cry

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police by Nobody: 11:50am On Jan 20, 2016
There is certainly no excuse for watching that innocent baby die. What happened to contacting a doctor? Why not contact the police itself? Will the police accuse a whole crowd of people of kidnapping

Absolute wickedness!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police by Nobody: 11:50am On Jan 20, 2016
texazzpete:

I blame them. And I blame you for supporting such travesty.

Why the heck will people not gather the liver to do the right thing?

And knowing Nigerians, I bet the crowd of cowards that stood by while the baby was dying were the ones even warning others to do nothing.

I would have put aside all i had to do for the day to ensure I got her to a hospital.
it's like u don't know Nigeria police again.
Re: Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police by Vado(m): 11:53am On Jan 20, 2016
Every single person in that vicinity as at the time the baby started crying should be ashamed of themselves. What sort of community was that? This can never happen in South-West nigeria without one Iya Funke spontaneously saving the baby, damning whatever legal/illegal consequence Nigerian Police would come up with. A bunch of sissy fcukies!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police by omoseth(m): 11:53am On Jan 20, 2016
God will not forgive the whole of them that stood still and watch that innocent baby cry her eyes to death without making even an effort to help. Just a little show of care would have calmed the baby. If this can be done to an helpless Baby, what about a full grown Man? What a wicked World will live in.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police by RaptorX: 11:53am On Jan 20, 2016
Sorry baby you should have been born in a sane country, this country is a total mess. Police were called and passed the buck to the ministry of environment like the baby was trash, I now see why oyinbo call Africans monkeys and gorillas, this place is basically a low budget horror film.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police by marlockj: 11:54am On Jan 20, 2016
kay29000:
SAD. But if a crowd of like 12 people went to the police together with the baby, I don't think things would have turned out ugly as the people thought. Now the baby is dead, and they could have saved her.

Hv u heard of the word suspects by police before....

You Hv to pay before you are let free...

In mst area nw..if Ppl are fighting near your house the best thing is to leave ur house for Lik 2days..Cuz police will cum hours after the fight n pack every living thing...

If police can arrest old woman of 85 as suspect of fighting... then who r u...
Re: Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police by prommy(f): 11:56am On Jan 20, 2016
All of them that stood and watched the baby die killed the baby together with her mum.What a nonsense excuse.I believe no woman was with them.I will pick the child and damn the consequence.Damn! a child that can give you succor tomorrow.oh my God !!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police by joey150(m): 12:00pm On Jan 20, 2016
Excuse so dumb..those that ignored are dumber.
Re: Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police by bxcode(m): 12:00pm On Jan 20, 2016
So because of fear of being accused by the police, people left a new born baby to cry to death? What a world we are living in. This excuse is the height of cowardice and callousness. How will now change our policemen if we live under the fear of the evil they do? This is exactly the problem we have in this nation, people are willing to keep mute in the face of evil to protect their head!!! Nobody cares about the next person.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police by 3kay945(m): 12:02pm On Jan 20, 2016
Vado:
Every single person in that vicinity as at the time the baby started crying should be ashamed of themselves. What sort of community was that? This can never happen in South-West nigeria without one Iya Funke spontaneously saving the baby, and damning whatever legal/illegal consequences Nigerian Police would come up with. A bunch of sissy fcukies!

Tɦaռҡ ʏօʊ ʝaʀɛ. As օռɛ Iʏa Fʊռҡɛ ɨs ċaʀɨռɢ ʄօʀ tɦɛ ɮaɮʏ aռօtɦɛʀ աօʍaռ աօʊʟɖ ɮɛ ɮօɨʟɨռɢ աatɛʀ ʄօʀ քaք աɦɨʟɛ օtɦɛʀs աɨʟʟ ɮɛ ɢɨʋɨռɢ ɦɛʟքɨռɢ ɦaռɖs too.

Sɦaʍɛ օռ tɦօsɛ աօʍɛռ ɨռ tɦat ċօʍʍʊռɨtʏ...

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police by F22RAPTOR(m): 12:03pm On Jan 20, 2016
i stayed in lag for a year and almost lost faith in humanity. i'd do anything to protect my human side from the hatred and animosity i see these days because like i found out, its contagious. This is obviously a serious problem, a disease. I don't even know who to blame; is it the mother? the police? the people? the government? the baby? for being born into this cruel world? the devil? i don't know.
Re: Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police by nijabazaar: 12:04pm On Jan 20, 2016
One baby Down...Less mouth to feed.

In overcrowded communities, people tend to be predators or willing to kill off competition(in this case allow a young member to die off) for the finite resource.

In Lions communities, The alpha lion often smothers the life of young male cubs just to dominate.....
Re: Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police by ylaa(f): 12:11pm On Jan 20, 2016
they all joined hands
in killing the baby
the blood of the innocent
baby will be required from them
all including the police that did nothing
to help.
blood sucking pple
UjSizzle:

The stupiidity of this excuse is appalling.
So the police would have accused ALL of you for trying to kidnap a baby obviously in a carton far away from home? Interesting. So why weren't the police called?

See, wickedness is not only when someone accuses another falsely. Wickedness is seeing the helpless and doing nothing.
Nansense!
Re: Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police by ylaa(f): 12:12pm On Jan 20, 2016
they all joined hands
in killing the baby
the blood of the innocent
baby will be required from them
all including the police that did nothing
to help.
blood sucking pple
adjoviomole:
All dis ppl dat watched d baby cry till death are more heartless.....God! D hrt of man is desperately evil n wicked....as for me,I can't stand it wen babies cry.if I was der I am sure I wld av carried d baby n care for it,fuk d police cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

8 Unusual Maternity Photoshoots / Woman Divorces Husband Over Weak Erection / 15 Lies All Nigerian Parents Tell Their Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.