Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Shocking Dangers Of Consuming Catfish - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Shocking Dangers Of Consuming Catfish (55497 Views)

Woman Dies After Consuming Herbal Drugs She Bought To Lighten Her Skin / Dangers of consuming too much maggi and other bouillon cubes / Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water [ MUST READ] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shocking Dangers Of Consuming Catfish by Nicepoker(m): 9:49pm On Jan 20, 2016
kennygee:
Good luck explaining this to Nigerians.

So fish that we don't have in Nigeria are the healthy ones eh.

Do you know that a carton of Titus fish is more expensive than a carton of Chicken.

We will all die one day, might as well have a good time eating what you like before that happens.
titus fish?
Re: Shocking Dangers Of Consuming Catfish by Coolgent(m): 10:38pm On Jan 20, 2016
Oh my God i have about 15 cat fish in my freezer wetin i go do?
Re: Shocking Dangers Of Consuming Catfish by smoothlips(m): 10:52pm On Jan 20, 2016
This write up is NOT TRUE...source is a Nigerian owned blog no real scientific source.
Advise: don't believe every trash u read online
Re: Shocking Dangers Of Consuming Catfish by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jan 20, 2016
chimkaire:
...the grammatical blunders on your blog can make an angel go mad angry How could you set a blog with your horrible command of English for kingdom's sake
Get an Editor or something sad
thanks for the observation. I will work on it.
Re: Shocking Dangers Of Consuming Catfish by great664(m): 11:21pm On Jan 20, 2016
blueseacats:
Acts 10:14-15
I was expecting this verse from someone and here we are....

Christians always confuse themselves by reading a verse and make a conclusion base in the verse... Please read further to Verse 28 and see the meaning of the dream

"Acts 10:28 And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean."

Just like some preachers condemn old testament but still pick the good verse there but ignore the laws....

Like I said earlier if you doubt any animal/Birds/fish as God condemned them in Lev 11 just mention me and I will use Health Science and other means to explain it to you without quoting Bible just to make my point
Re: Shocking Dangers Of Consuming Catfish by Nobody: 1:16am On Jan 21, 2016
They just had to ruin catfish for me... How am I supposed to eat this one that I've already gotten and planning to eat tomorrow now.
Re: Shocking Dangers Of Consuming Catfish by maxti: 1:18am On Jan 21, 2016
this isn't making any sense!
Re: Shocking Dangers Of Consuming Catfish by lomaxbien(m): 7:13am On Jan 21, 2016
So I should leave catfish pepper soup and whit rice?
IMPOSSIBLE!
Re: Shocking Dangers Of Consuming Catfish by codenameSTYNO(m): 8:47am On Jan 21, 2016
Txonyi:
think about this people
when we drank from the stream we had no cholera
houses built with clad dont burn instead they bake and become harder
when we cooked with firewood etal we lived healthier and longer
now we drink eva bottled water et al yet see water disease everywhere
we build houses with "better" materials that burn
we cook with gas et al yet food poisoning
seriously, hygiene is good we should be health conscious but, we should not buy every crap these white people tell us
next now, they will recommend a specie of catfish bred in europe and of course africans will start importing them
mad stupid whites

Who conducted the research? It's unfair to pin the whole thing on catfish because any specie of fish that is farmed or cultured and fed artificial feed containing fattening hormones and other growth hormones could have the same issue, Tilapia fed hormone to change their sex could also have similar issues. I am currently working on a research to see the best way to prepare catfish, boiling and grilling are showing the best result so far. Based on the results still incoming unfavorable fatty acids are lost during the boiling process, frying has the worst result interms of the fatty acids.
Re: Shocking Dangers Of Consuming Catfish by bobochem: 9:34am On Jan 21, 2016
wc 1 we go come eat now
Re: Shocking Dangers Of Consuming Catfish by rabzy: 9:48am On Jan 21, 2016
Dr. Dariush Mozaffarian, dean of the Tufts Friedman School of Nutrition and Science Policy, and his colleagues found that eating too little vegetable oils contributes to more heart-related deaths than eating saturated fats. In fact, only 3.6% of global heart deaths can be attributed to eating too much saturated fat, while just over 10% of heart deaths can be traced to eating too little plant oils — a three-fold difference. The study included detailed dietary information from studies involving 3.8 billion people in 186 countries.

“The findings suggest that in order to have the biggest impact on heart disease, we should be focusing on increasing healthful fats,” says Mozaffarian. “There is still benefit in reducing animal fats but it’s important to think about not just reducing the bad fats in the diet but increasing the good things as well in order to improve our health.”

http://time.com/4187728/heart-health-fat-saturated/..

From this research its not about eating unsaturated fats, its about eating enough good fats. How many people even get to eat the catfish regularly. If you are a regular catfish joint eater like every other day...then alcohol would probably get you first before fats..terms and conditions apply.
Re: Shocking Dangers Of Consuming Catfish by DerMeister: 9:26pm On Jan 21, 2016
Pointless post! The argument is not logical...

Txonyi:
think about this people
when we drank from the stream we had no cholera
houses built with clad dont burn instead they bake and become harder
when we cooked with firewood etal we lived healthier and longer
now we drink eva bottled water et al yet see water disease everywhere
we build houses with "better" materials that burn
we cook with gas et al yet food poisoning
seriously, hygiene is good we should be health conscious but, we should not buy every crap these white people tell us
next now, they will recommend a specie of catfish bred in europe and of course africans will start importing them
mad stupid whites
Re: Shocking Dangers Of Consuming Catfish by jbblues24(m): 6:12am On May 31, 2019
Tremendously killer. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

New Yorker Cuts Off His Penis & Throws It Down Toilet After Skipping Medication / I Can't Satisfy My Girlfriend, I Need Help! / Coronavirus: Oxford Vaccine Works On Monkeys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.