Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

My Take On Ameachi's Cancellation Of Maritime University - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Take On Ameachi's Cancellation Of Maritime University (2448 Views)

Buhari Orders Opening Of Maritime University In Delta / Lauretta Onochie Announces 2face's Cancellation Of Protest (Pic) / Jonathan Makes ‘last Minute’ Cancellation Of Aso Rock Trip (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Take On Ameachi's Cancellation Of Maritime University by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:44pm On Jan 20, 2016
sameer1212:
Lmao... Chai Ayaff suffer. cheesy
grin grin grin
Re: My Take On Ameachi's Cancellation Of Maritime University by modath(f): 4:45pm On Jan 20, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Your position still didn't vindicate Amaechi's decision. I understand what you are saying but it is a different issue altogether.

Why did the FG cite Kaduna refinery when there was Portharcourt refinery? Why was there PH Refinery II when there was an existing PH refinery I? Why use Tincan Port when there is Apapa port? will you call these duplication? Why did the FG establish Unilag instead of Upgrading Yabatech? Why Establish ND Ministry instead of upgrade NDDC?

Your answer will tell why the need for Maritime University, Warri irrespective of existing institutions.

Two Words SCARCE RESOURCES....
Read my post again , & let's agree to disagree , but you try waka pass the tribal ish... thank you, wink
Re: My Take On Ameachi's Cancellation Of Maritime University by sunsewa: 4:50pm On Jan 20, 2016
what do u expect from somebody that betrays his brother,sometimes I wonder how he reasons.

1 Like

Re: My Take On Ameachi's Cancellation Of Maritime University by mrvitalis(m): 4:55pm On Jan 20, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

I said Amaechi's MOVE(on this issue) is anti-Niger Deltan and not Amaechi is Anti-ND
The move is in no way anti Niger Delta... it is just anti corruption that's all I see
Re: My Take On Ameachi's Cancellation Of Maritime University by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:58pm On Jan 20, 2016
modath:

Two Words SCARCE RESOURCES....
Read my post again , & let's agree to disagree , but you try waka pass the tribal ish... thank you, wink
Did NIMASSA complain to Amaechi ni? What Amaechi did is overzealousness. Which federal institution started with huge finance in Nigeria? How can that be excuse?

On tribal, my disappointment is not Buhari or any region but on the person of Rotimi Amaechi. His action is unpatriotic to the Niger Delta. Will a yorubaman be happy is such project that is cited in Ibadan be cancelled? What is the purpose of having representatives in the FEC if not to protect interests of our zones and states within the federation? Let's me fair! I'm not being tribal

2 Likes

Re: My Take On Ameachi's Cancellation Of Maritime University by babadem2much(m): 5:00pm On Jan 20, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Why did Amaechi decide to cancel the project? That would have been the first and only Maritime University in Nigeria. We all know the development it will bring to Warri as a whole and also the prospect it will offer locals. Amaechi did not do well. I can bet that no true Oduan or Arewan will cancel project that is cited on their land. If there is any discrepancy, all he need to do is to address such while allowing the project to go on. As a Niger Deltan, I feel bad that one of our own(not a Northerner or Yoruba) has cancelled something
that would have benefitted us.

Amaechi must be called to order by the President. Damn!

Am a Northerner but I honestly think instead of canceling the project completely he would have just change it's location and it should be within the ss region. My take

1 Like

Re: My Take On Ameachi's Cancellation Of Maritime University by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:07pm On Jan 20, 2016
babadem2much:

Am a Northerner but I honestly think instead of canceling the project completely he would have just change it's location and it should be within the ss region. My take

Thank you. It would have been a better alternatiove though there is nothing wrong with the warri location.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

BBC Mocks Nigeria's Budget Debacle / Pic:why Are These Men Laughing This Hard / IPOB Convoy Leaving After Sucessful Evangelisim On No Election In Anambra State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.