Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum - Jobs/Vacancies (151) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum (1362687 Views)

A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, / Army SSC/DSSC 2016 Interview List Is Out / Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (966) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by veraiyke(m): 7:54am On May 17, 2018
MrSuama:

Oga u no get problem na, if Kaduna package pure, we go still meet for NDA
Just allow us weh deh seriously anticipate the forms.
Yes sir
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by TheGreatIYANU: 10:58am On May 17, 2018
Heatup47:

1. Please be informed that the Military no longer sell forms manually, all applications are online. You can apply from London if you so choose.

2. With Masters of Arts (MA) you are qualified for both DSSC and SSC as the minimum requirement in 2016 was a 2.2
if it will be considered, sure!.
But there are other facts considered including SSCE result. please go through the thread.

3. Let's wait for the forms before asking for whom to attest.

Is That Clear!
Quite clear sire! Thanks.

Ugo4u, you get me 100%! NL frontpage today showed the picture of a soldier who was shot (matcheted?) on the face. He later died of his injuries... the pic scared the sh*t out of me, but I know that is one brother who's paid ultimate price.

We pray for God's protection, but security of our nation and her people is non-negotiable.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Generalismo: 5:14pm On May 17, 2018
Please how can someone who didn't graduate from Class 6 but left in Primary 5 get First School Leaving Certificate And Where can it be collected?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 5:27pm On May 17, 2018
Generalismo:
Please how can someone who didn't graduate from Class 6 but left in Primary 5 get First School Leaving Certificate And Where can it be collected?
Your primary school will give you Testimonial... You can use that too.
Or you can go to the Ministry of education in the state where you did primary school to collect the FSLC

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 4:05am On May 18, 2018
Scopx:
Pls house what's NA policy on small protruding navel in their screening process

Does it stick out? If it’s not too big, I think it can be overlooked.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by icotfodile: 7:36am On May 18, 2018
Desirae:

Does it stick out? If it’s not too big, I think it can be overlooked.

I think this issue has been addressed already. theres nothing like 'if it's not too big', as long as it is protruding, that is the easiest disqualification criteria. you must have a strong godfather for it to be overlooked. So please go work on it now.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by 2NDLieutenant(m): 12:48pm On May 18, 2018
hello house,i heard Rc guys are always favorites over Ssc guy and i asked why?
They told me Rc guys passed through intense training and job serving for 5 long years and so on.
But is it not that same training that took Rc guys 5yrs they impose on ssc guys within 9months,so who should be favorites here?
I also found out termer 5 cadet trains ssc,haha.those guys that are yt to put to test all they drills they learnt in real life.abi is it matching drills they want to teach?i haved watched series of military training and drills of some countries online,officers and drill sergeants comduct PTs and so on.somebody plss clear me!
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Mobsync(m): 1:55pm On May 18, 2018
2NDLieutenant:
hello house,i heard Rc guys are always favorites over Ssc guy and i asked why?
They told me Rc guys passed through intense training and job serving for 5 long years and so on.
But is it not that same training that took Rc guys 5yrs they impose on ssc guys within 9months,so who should be favorites here?
I also found out termer 5 cadet trains ssc, haha.those guys that are yt to put to test all they drills they learnt in real life.abi is it matching drills they want to teach?i haved watched series of military training and drills of some countries online,officers and drill sergeants comduct PTs and so on.somebody plss clear me!

The whole thing has nothing to do with intense training or whatever.

Do they mean an officer cannot be trained in nine months?

Or if the NDA did not offer degrees, it cannot train officers in nine months?

At the Royal Military Academy, Sandhurst, UK, (which does not offer degrees) officers are trained for 44 weeks, which is ten months.

Even the RC at NDA and in other countries only have rigorous military training in their fifth year.

The first four years are spent on drills, mild trainings etc but the primary focus is on education (schooling).

The cause of the RC/SSC disparity is a deliberate attempt by the Nigerian military.

The system has been manipulated to seriously and de-morialisingly favor RC over SSC, the same way it seriously favors officers over enlisted and RC over DSSC.

If you check the SSC terms of service, you'll even see that it only favors the military (and the RC officers) and is usually at the detriment of the SSC officer.

First, the SSC needs to be at least, 24 to sign up.

Then he spends about one and a half years on the 2nd Lt rank, the same one the RC will hang for a few months before he becomes a Lt.

The SSC loses his commission on the 6th year (starting for the time of training) unless he renews every year for a maximum of three years.

Then he's out, unless he has converted to RC, which I believe would be very difficult.

If we research into it, we will realize that it was done by RC officers with the intention of limiting competition (especially at the top) and getting the best appointments.

That said, the boldened is rubbish.

Officer cadets shouldn't train officer cadets.

They can help and guide but not train. And when that happens, those they're guiding should be their juniors and not mates.

The boldened is is nothing but an attempt to make the termer 5's and by extension, the RC's feel superior to the SSC.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by 2NDLieutenant(m): 2:59pm On May 18, 2018
[quote author=Mobsync post=67666829]

The whole thing has nothing to do with intense training or whatever.

Do they mean an officer cannot be trained in nine months?

Or if the NDA did not offer degrees, it cannot train officers in nine months?

At the Royal Military Academy, Sandhurst, UK, (which does not offer degrees) officers are trained for 44 weeks, which is ten months.

Even the RC at NDA and in other countries only have rigorous military training in their fifth year.

The first four years are spent on drills, mild trainings etc but the primary focus is on education (schooling).

The cause of the RC/SSC disparity is a deliberate attempt by the Nigerian military.

The system has been manipulated to seriously and de-morialisingly favor RC over SSC, the same way it seriously favors officers over enlisted and RC over DSSC.

If you check the SSC terms of service, you'll even see that it only favors the military (and the RC officers) and is usually at the detriment of the SSC officer.

First, the SSC needs to be at least, 24 to sign up.

Then he spends about one and a half years on the 2nd Lt rank, the same one the RC will hang for a few months before he becomes a Lt.

The SSC loses his commission on the 6th year (starting for the time of training) unless he renews every year for a maximum of three years.

Then he's out, unless he has converted to RC, which I believe would be very difficult.

If we research into it, we will realize that it was done by RC officers with the intention of limiting competition (especially at the top) and getting the best appointments.

That said, the boldened is rubbish.

Officer cadets shouldn't train officer cadets.

They can help and guide but not train. And when that happens, those they're guiding should be their juniors and not mates.

The boldened is is nothing but an attempt to make the termer 5's and by extension, the RC's feel superior to the SSC.

think i am now cleared and enlightened,Thanks boss!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 3:40pm On May 18, 2018
Whether Termer 5 or 500 I don't think there's anyway RC officer cadets gonna train SSC officer cadets.
But since they usually pass out together, there's likelihood that they both trained together for a glamorous POP.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by SerialAlpha(f): 3:50pm On May 18, 2018
abiodunalasa:
Whether Termer 5 or 500 I don't think there's anyway RC officer cadets gonna train SSC officer cadets.
But since they usually pass out together, there's likelihood that they both trained together for a glamorous POP.
Yes right. And I haven't seen any SSC guys failed to cross to RC. All the SSC I know here on Nairaland back in 2012 SSC all went ahead to become Captain and doing just fine

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Mobsync(m): 6:05pm On May 18, 2018
[quote author=2NDLieutenant post=67668461][/quote]

You're welcome.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Mobsync(m): 6:19pm On May 18, 2018
SerialAlpha:

Yes right. And I haven't seen any SSC guys failed to cross to RC. All the SSC I know here on Nairaland back in 2012 SSC all went ahead to become Captain and doing just fine

SSC officers can become Captains but they cannot become Majors unless they convert to RC.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Mobsync(m): 6:20pm On May 18, 2018
abiodunalasa:

I am also hearing it for the first time. It shouldn't happen but I won't be surprised if it is happening.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by SerialAlpha(f): 6:39pm On May 18, 2018
Mobsync:

SSC officers can become Captains but they cannot become Majors unless they convert to RC.
They will convert and make it to Major. They have been moving from one Course to another. Some of them are presently on Tarraba doing Course. There's no way Army will send them on all these Course only to refuse to let them cross to RC.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Mobsync(m): 7:00pm On May 18, 2018
SerialAlpha:

They will convert and make it to Major. They have been moving from one Course to another. Some of them are presently on Tarraba doing Course. There's no way Army will send them on all these Course only to refuse to let them cross to RC.

You can't be too sure.

Courses are usually targeted at officers of a particular rank. The courses they're attending are targeted at Captains/company commanders, so it makes sense that they're attending them.

The major question is: How many of them are going/have gone for courses abroad, even as lieutenants?

Oversea courses are usually reserved for RC officers since the army wants to keep them for a long time.

Meanwhile the remaining RCs and the remaining SSCs have to do with courses inside the country.

The RC/SSC disparity in the army is real.

The army does not invest much in SSC the same way it does with RC.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ogoh4(m): 7:05pm On May 18, 2018
abiodunalasa:
After you finish assuming when prep wingers of Termer 3 flog you you go know
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 7:19pm On May 18, 2018
ogoh4:
After you finish assuming when prep wingers of Termer 3 flog you you go know
I kinda agree with him based on the fact that Regulars don't train SSC guys on weapons handling, Helicopter rappelling etc. What they usually do is drills, administer jobs and other allied activities.
No be say regulars go come conduct "Camp Initio" for SSC guys. Training is usually done by NCOs and some Officers.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Generalismo: 7:54pm On May 18, 2018
My Junior Brother in Termal 3 was among the selected cadets that were choosing to train SSC 44 guys. He his now in Termal 5. Those Prep Wingers always enjoy dishing jobs to SSC, u better prepare ur ass for fire from those small boys if u will survive Jaji. The disparity is 4 real throughout ur service year. Just like BSc & HND. It means I will have to salute him despite the fact that we will be commissioned the same day.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 8:57pm On May 18, 2018
Generalismo:
My Junior Brother in Termal 3 was among the selected cadets that were choosing to train SSC 44 guys. He his now in Termal 5. Those Prep Wingers always enjoy dishing jobs to SSC, u better prepare ur ass for fire from those small boys if u will survive Jaji. The disparity is 4 real throughout ur service year. Just like BSc & HND. It means I will have to salute him despite the fact that we will be commissioned the same day.

Lies, all Lies
Let's get the facts straight, SSC 44 did their training in NDA what I don't know for sure is if it's the old site or new not Jaji.
Jaji was used for DSSC 23 training.

Secondly SSC 44 entered NDA December 2016 which implies that the 9 months training was in 2017. If your brother was in terma 3 in 2017 and was part of those who trained SSC 44 cadet how come he is now in terma 5.

I don't know if their is no terma 4 for Army in NDA please enlighten me if there is non.

The little I know is that NDA is now 4yrs for Navy and Airforce but still 5yrs for Army.

please if am wrong anyone with up to date info on issues as regards the Army can enlighten us but please let's not come here and lie.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 9:04pm On May 18, 2018
Heatup47:

Lies, all Lies
Let's get the facts straight, SSC 44 did their training in NDA what I don't know for sure is if it's the old site or new not Jaji.

Secondly SSC 44 entered NDA December 2016 which implies that the 9 months training was in 2017. If your brother was in terma 3 in 2017 and was part of those who trained SSC 44 cadet how come he is now in terma 5.

I don't know if their is no terma 4 for Army in NDA please enlighten me if there is non.

The little I know is that NDA is now 4yrs for Navy and Airforce but still 5yrs for Army.

please if am wrong anyone with up to date info on issues as regards the Army can enlighten us but please let's not come here and lie.
NDA Is 5years for all arm of service. Howbeit, all final year cadets(terma 5) are sent to their various bases for training. Army guys are sent to NDA old site, where SSC guys are being trained, Naval cadets heads to Onne, while Airforce guys are sent to Airforce base Kaduna.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 9:07pm On May 18, 2018
Heatup47:

Lies, all Lies

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by SerialAlpha(f): 9:27pm On May 18, 2018
So much hype about the RC cadets until I hear from past SSC cadets that RC cadets do train them all I will believe for now is that they only meet for collective training as regarding POP.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by icotfodile: 8:10am On May 19, 2018
SerialAlpha:
So much hype about the RC cadets until I hear from past SSC cadets that RC cadets do train them all I will believe for now is that they only meet for collective training as regarding POP.

All these ones you guys are arguing about is not important. Let the FORM be out thats the most important thing.

However do not dispute the fact that RC cadets would definetly work on SSC guys whether through training or jobs.
Also there isnt much disparity between RC and SSC. The major disparity is between RC/SSC and DSSC even after conversion between RC and DRC.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Mekailo(m): 10:36am On May 19, 2018
Dis thread is nw debate forum.....mmmm waiting for reg date biko.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ej4sub: 12:02am On May 20, 2018
Mobsync:

transmission, commission transition abi confusion. Sorry I mean...

Major General or major?

Cos when SSC offr successfully converted to RC He can reach Brig Gen or Maj Gen.

Same to DSSC but very few of them.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by mediclife1987(m): 9:25am On May 20, 2018
shobroy10:
Guyz am happy to see a huge turn up this 2dayz it's seem something tasty is cooking.
Somethings are highlighted and to my own best of knowledge this are my opinions
1. Pertaining to umbilical protrusion if we are not going to deceive ourselves its automatic disqualification
2. Some guyz are raising issue on teeth may b white or brown doesn't matter because medically brown teeth are stronger that white and again teeth are not alwayz much of a problem unless if u have an old papa teeth or accident teeth or those 4 in 1 kind of teeth.
3. Please guyz check urself medically to be sure b4 u go anywhere cos the greatest pain is to be disqualified on something u can avoid.
Myself I haven't do any check up and even have stopped jogging nor press ups or push up.
I just pray our names will be among the shortlisted
Amin

Abeg when Army go paste another vacancy for DSSC?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by damiBJ: 10:57am On May 20, 2018
Mobsync:

Most times I wonder where we get information from....smtin u are not sure of..dnt say or post it...
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by damiBJ: 11:03am On May 20, 2018
Generalismo:

U are very coreect combatant. Pple just keep posting tinz dey kno not abt....

Plz for u to kno more abt SSC/DSSC and RC even EC plz visit any of the barracks and approach any officer to intimate u...dnt be scared....ask questions from any officers u see or meet there...u will be well informed...
Takenote: most other ranks(ssgt below) mite not hv full details abt officer cader.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by damiBJ: 11:07am On May 20, 2018
ej4sub:

Major General or major?

Cos when SSC offr successfully converted to RC He can reach Brig Gen or Maj Gen.

Very easy to pass the conversion exam..because most SSC/DSSC officers are brillant....but come and convert na!.... where is the available space self
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by damiBJ: 11:08am On May 20, 2018
ej4sub:

Major General or major?

Very few...out of 100% just 2 %

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (966) (Reply)

Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience / NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.