Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum - Jobs/Vacancies (566) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum (1364926 Views)

A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, / Army SSC/DSSC 2016 Interview List Is Out / Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (563) (564) (565) (566) (567) (568) (569) ... (966) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dannyhonda(m): 12:47pm On Jul 10, 2020
Leave them, when i talk e be like say i be enemy of progress. I pray everyone enters including the one wanting to fight war, him eye go clear
sleuthhound:
na so! Shey u dey mind sm clowns that are so eager for war or warfront! Those inside r even tired & want 2 run sef....u can even imagine arresting &detaining family members? Who does dat? Same org u r sacrificing for
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dannyhonda(m): 12:48pm On Jul 10, 2020
You never no wetin dey sup lmao
QuadrilAyinde:
As I continue my chat with this soldier friend, Me Kum dey Try tell him Why I think DSSC is kinda Safer and better than SSC, Nah so He Reply me sey.....
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dannyhonda(m): 12:51pm On Jul 10, 2020
At least i talk am one time that the reason why most want to join is cause no job, back then dem dey beg make u join but now na we dey beg. 90% or more are joining cause of no job, if job dey most won't look that side. Few days ago, over 3 millions applied for N power so imagine infact some graduates do apply as a recruit just imagine. One lance corporal at a military school i once served, he told me back then when his brother finished nysc, he got a car and a job. So imagine now after nysc no job, most are looking for alternative. Joining the military isn't most people first option at all, na condition make cray fish bend. We have some that want to join but you cant compare with those that are joining cause of no job.
QuadrilAyinde:
In Summary My fellow Aspiring Applicants, I REALLY WANT US TO BE SINCERE WITH OURSELVES and Ask Ourselve A very Gernane Question...

AM I 100% SURE THAT I AM NOT PLANNING TO JOIN COX OF THE MASS UNEMPLOYMENT IN THE COUNTRY U can Ascertain this in Ur Mind by asking ursef further that LET'S JUST ASSUME I'M BN GIVEN THE RARE PRIVILEGE BY A STRONG CONNECT IN THE SENATE TO PICK ANY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JOB OF UR WISH AND IT SHALL SURELY BE GRANTED, WILL U STILL PICK THE ARMY??

Victory is from God Alone
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Derawalters(f): 1:25pm On Jul 10, 2020
This isn't authentic though.

sikowitz17:
Plus y’all check this out too

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by QuadrilAyinde(m): 1:35pm On Jul 10, 2020
Let's All just keep our hands crossed and wait for the Activation of the Registration Portal... We go All dey Ok Las Las
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by QuadrilAyinde(m): 1:36pm On Jul 10, 2020
Dannyhonda:
The most pathetic part of this whole story is that The DHQ keeps lieing about the Number of Army Casualties... Its so Annoying and the Picx are Scarily Gory
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dannyhonda(m): 1:52pm On Jul 10, 2020
That's the funny part, they will never disclose anything to the public. At least there was a time one news found out that there were digging graves for the dead soldiers. May God help us
QuadrilAyinde:

The most pathetic part of this whole story is that The DHQ keeps lieing about the Number of Army Casualties... Its so Annoying and the Picx are Scarily Gory
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by explosiveskull(m): 5:32pm On Jul 10, 2020
Blueelf:

Also, when you finish hamburger hill, try watching "platoon". Its also a Vietnam war movie but a very good one and it won awards in its time. Ita about a soldiers experiences of the war

Hamburger Hill was secured on 20 may 1969.

The war for the hills and trails continued, the places and names forgotten, except by those who were there.

If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always.
Take what they have left and what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.
And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.
Major Michael Davis O'Donnell
‌ 1 January 1970
Däk To, Vietnam

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by explosiveskull(m): 5:33pm On Jul 10, 2020
Blueelf:

Also, when you finish hamburger hill, try watching "platoon". Its also a Vietnam war movie but a very good one and it won awards in its time. Ita about a soldiers experiences of the war
I'll be watching platoon tonight. Thanks again for the recommendations.
War no good walai! Everybody dey lose no mater who won.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Blueelf: 5:35pm On Jul 10, 2020
explosiveskull:

I'll be watching platoon tonight. Thanks again for the recommendations.
War no good walai! Everybody dey lose no mater who won.

I dey tell you my brother...

The fact that many soldiers have been disabled in various degrees especially psychologically shows the harsh realities...

Only a madman or a warmonger wishes for battle
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Blueelf: 5:38pm On Jul 10, 2020
explosiveskull:

Hamburger Hill was secured on 20 may 1969.

The war for the hills and trails continued, the places and names forgotten, except by those who were there.

If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always.
Take what they have left and what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.
And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.
Major Michael Davis O'Donnell
‌ 1 January 1970
Däk To, Vietnam

The opening soundtrack is psychologically hunting abi.....

Many Vietnam veterans endorsed the accuracy of the movie

War is hell on earth
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Blueelf: 5:40pm On Jul 10, 2020
Dannyhonda:
That's the funny part, they will never disclose anything to the public. At least there was a time one news found out that there were digging graves for the dead soldiers. May God help us

That was the most devastating news to me. Burying soldiers at night without their family even getting to say goodbye. It is not about military ethos here....it is just pure callousness
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Blueelf: 5:42pm On Jul 10, 2020
Dannyhonda:

I can't count how many medical doctors (DSSC) have been killed in borno.....none is safer bro
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by explosiveskull(m): 5:53pm On Jul 10, 2020
Blueelf:

I dey tell you my brother...

The fact that many soldiers have been disabled in various degrees especially psychologically shows the harsh realities...

Only a madman or a warmonger wishes for battle
That signal sergent or so making call from a dead man's back pack phone didn't know that he has lost his right hands, imagine, if not he was told he could have continued calling his village people that may never pick up.
Abeg no body should ever pray for war.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Blueelf: 7:13pm On Jul 10, 2020
explosiveskull:

That signal sergent or so making call from a dead man's back pack phone didn't know that he has lost his right hands, imagine, if not he was told he could have continued calling his village people that may never pick up.
Abeg no body should ever pray for war.

Lollll

My brother.....I know the scene you're talking about

That was actually the lieutenant making a call through the radio of the dead signal sergeant. He didn't know the sergeant himself was dead.

And the lieutenant himself had lost his entire left(or right) arm....

That's war bro...we just don't get to perceive the stomach-turning, nausea-inducing odour of the battlefield
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by MrSuama(m): 7:34pm On Jul 10, 2020
Carter Na soldier abeg. Muhammed had warned them severally but they never believed but even if they had believed the last warning, the insurgents outnumbered them in personnel and firepower.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dannyhonda(m): 7:34pm On Jul 10, 2020
Mehn it is well
Blueelf:

I can't count how many medical doctors (DSSC) have been killed in borno.....none is safer bro
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by MrSuama(m): 7:35pm On Jul 10, 2020
Which one next Hamburger hill or Platoon?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dannyhonda(m): 7:35pm On Jul 10, 2020
See ehn so speechless
Blueelf:

That was the most devastating news to me. Burying soldiers at night without their family even getting to say goodbye. It is not about military ethos here....it is just pure callousness
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 9:02pm On Jul 10, 2020
Hamburger hill is also lit, I tend gravitate towards movies with real life story-line.
Fury is another movie I love as it gives one a perspective into the world of soldiers in Armoured division(Corps), one corp in the NA I love so much.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Blueelf: 11:21pm On Jul 10, 2020
What about the level of respect a young lieutenant can expect from his troops? particularly the very experienced NCOs...

Can we start a conversation about this?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Prospect048: 11:21pm On Jul 10, 2020
ugo4u:
Hamburger hill is also lit, I tend gravitate towards movies with real life story-line.
Fury is another movie I love as it gives one a perspective into the world of soldiers in Armoured division(Corps), one corp in the NA I love so much.
that is why you love the Corp most
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ibrahrem9606: 11:56pm On Jul 10, 2020
Dannyhonda:
Leave them, when i talk e be like say i be enemy of progress. I pray everyone enters including the one wanting to fight war, him eye go clear
Amen bro ....God will bless you for this prayer
we will keep preparing for the worst to come.
even if we die or get disabled for just trying,then we might start thinking we have found peace or rest of mind.
you hear baa..
just trying..
talking less if we are in the zone
omoooooooo
kiss
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by QuadrilAyinde(m): 12:04am On Jul 11, 2020
Blueelf:
What about the level of respect a young lieutenant can expect from his troops? particularly the very experienced NCOs...

PERSONAL TRAITS THAT CAN AFFECT LEADERSHIP:

(1) Ambition
(2) Drive and tenacity
(3) Self-confidence
(4) Psychological openness
(5) Realism and
(6) An insatiable appetite for learning
(7) Integrity and Character

THESE PERSONAL TRAITS MANIFEST IN MANY DIFFERENT WAYS.

(1) Do you stew over a decision alone, or bring in trusted advisors for candid discussions?
(2) Do you allow yourself to be influenced by other people, changing your position in light of better analysis by a subordinate?
(3) Are you a procrastinator who wants more and more data – more certainty – before making a decision? Or are you impulsive, making a snap decision based on your gut instincts?
(4) Will you impose your will on the organization, or seek a productive consensus that aligns the entire business with your goals.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by QuadrilAyinde(m): 12:21am On Jul 11, 2020
Blueelf:

There is a Great piece I'd love to share on this topic...

THE SUCCESSFUL LIEUTENANT
(by CAPTAIN CHRISTOPHER J. COURTNEY, currently the commander of Alpha Company, 306th MI Battalion at Fort Huachuca).

He Highlighted what he termed as THE TEN RULES OF SUCCESS (AND RESPECT) BEING ACHIEVED BY A LIEUTENANT

(1) Lead from the front
(2) Put the Troops first
(3) Lead Via ur Platoon Sergeant and Squad leaders
(4) Training is your No 1 priority
(5) Inspect what U expect
(6) Know what U do not know and do something about it
(7) Guard your Integrity
(cool Understand the roles of the other leaders
(9) Learn to make do with Scarce resources and personnel
(10) Remember to have fun and never lose ur sense of humour

HIS FOOTNOTE....

The lieutenant years are some of the most rewarding and memorable of your Army career. I will not mislead you and tell you that every day will be pleasant, but as you meet all the challenges, your confidence will grow. You will experience both great successes and many disappointments along the way. If you remember the points listed above and use your common sense, you are well on your way. Learn from your mistakes and do notrepeat them.

IN CLOSING, YOU WILL NOTE THAT NOWHERE DID I HIGHLIGHT OFFICER'S EVALUATION REPORTS OR HOW TO IMPRESS YOUR SENIOR RATER. IF YOU ALWAYS LEAD BY RIGHT EXAMPLE, TRAIN YOUR TROOPS, TAKE CARE OF SOLDIERS, MAINTAIN BOTH YOUR EQUIPMENT AND YOUR INTEGRITY, AND DEVELOP YOURSELF AS A PROFESSIONAL, THOSE MATTERS WILL TAKE CARE OF THEMSELVES.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by explosiveskull(m): 6:29am On Jul 11, 2020
Blueelf:

It happened in platoon after that scar faced sergent gave out orders about ambush squad, the way that officer rushed him with respect to tell him that it is necessary he gives orders, oga na so dem dey beg for respect ?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by explosiveskull(m): 6:30am On Jul 11, 2020
ugo4u:
I hate that armoured cords, if your tank is light armoured, one rpg, you all are gone.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by explosiveskull(m): 6:32am On Jul 11, 2020
MrSuama:
Which one next Hamburger hill or Platoon?
Am still getting over hamburger hills, entered platoon but haven't gone far, just at the scene where there was a firefight after the black guy who was supposed to be on guard slept off and was blaming the white guy for it. How can they be sleeping under the rain and the scene of that ants biting that guy man was gory, I hate those creatures.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by explosiveskull(m): 6:34am On Jul 11, 2020
QuadrilAyinde:

PERSONAL TRAITS THAT CAN AFFECT LEADERSHIP:

(1) Ambition
(2) Drive and tenacity
(3) Self-confidence
(4) Psychological openness
(5) Realism and
(6) An insatiable appetite for learning
(7) Integrity and Character

THESE PERSONAL TRAITS MANIFEST IN MANY DIFFERENT WAYS.

(1) Do you stew over a decision alone, or bring in trusted advisors for candid discussions?
(2) Do you allow yourself to be influenced by other people, changing your position in light of better analysis by a subordinate?
(3) Are you a procrastinator who wants more and more data – more certainty – before making a decision? Or are you impulsive, making a snap decision based on your gut instincts?
(4) Will you impose your will on the organization, or seek a productive consensus that aligns the entire business with your goals.
Please bro, I love this and will love the permission to copy.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Blueelf: 6:43am On Jul 11, 2020
explosiveskull:

It happened in platoon after that scar faced sergent gave out orders about ambush squad, the way that officer rushed him with respect to tell him that it is necessary he gives orders, oga na so dem dey beg for respect ?

You saw it in platoon right?

That sergeant barnes was a walking time bomb....I woinder if it happens in Borno
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Blueelf: 6:45am On Jul 11, 2020
QuadrilAyinde:

There is a Great piece I'd love to share on this topic...

THE SUCCESSFUL LIEUTENANT
(by CAPTAIN CHRISTOPHER J. COURTNEY, currently the commander of Alpha Company, 306th MI Battalion at Fort Huachuca).

He Highlighted what he termed as THE TEN RULES OF SUCCESS (AND RESPECT) BEING ACHIEVED BY A LIEUTENANT

(1) Lead from the front
(2) Put the Troops first
(3) Lead Via ur Platoon Sergeant and Squad leaders
(4) Training is your No 1 priority
(5) Inspect what U expect
(6) Know what U do not know and do something about it
(7) Guard your Integrity
(cool Understand the roles of the other leaders
(9) Learn to make do with Scarce resources and personnel
(10) Remember to have fun and never lose ur sense of humour

HIS FOOTNOTE....

The lieutenant years are some of the most rewarding and memorable of your Army career. I will not mislead you and tell you that every day will be pleasant, but as you meet all the challenges, your confidence will grow. You will experience both great successes and many disappointments along the way. If you remember the points listed above and use your common sense, you are well on your way. Learn from your mistakes and do notrepeat them.

IN CLOSING, YOU WILL NOTE THAT NOWHERE DID I HIGHLIGHT OFFICER'S EVALUATION REPORTS OR HOW TO IMPRESS YOUR SENIOR RATER. IF YOU ALWAYS LEAD BY RIGHT EXAMPLE, TRAIN YOUR TROOPS, TAKE CARE OF SOLDIERS, MAINTAIN BOTH YOUR EQUIPMENT AND YOUR INTEGRITY, AND DEVELOP YOURSELF AS A PROFESSIONAL, THOSE MATTERS WILL TAKE CARE OF THEMSELVES.

Bro, no disrespect but this sounds too theoretical

In an actual war setting with stressed men and a dire situation, how would a lieutenant maintain the calm?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (563) (564) (565) (566) (567) (568) (569) ... (966) (Reply)

Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience / NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.