Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,821 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum - Jobs/Vacancies (590) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum (1365424 Views)

A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, / Army SSC/DSSC 2016 Interview List Is Out / Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) (592) (593) ... (967) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by QuadrilAyinde(m): 11:29pm On Jul 23, 2020
THE WAR AGAINST BOKO HARAM (PART 1)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyR0AH-Md7U
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by QuadrilAyinde(m): 11:30pm On Jul 23, 2020
THE WAR AGAINST BOKO HARAM (PART 2)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muz5dhnMG6E
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Blueelf: 11:32pm On Jul 23, 2020
QuadrilAyinde:
THE WAR AGAINST BOKO HARAM (PART 1)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyR0AH-Md7U

Old vid bro

pre_buhari...I think

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by QuadrilAyinde(m): 11:32pm On Jul 23, 2020
THE WAR AGAINST BOKO HARAM (PART 3)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlcEqAUIUY0

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by QuadrilAyinde(m): 11:51pm On Jul 23, 2020
Blueelf:

Old vid bro

pre_buhari...I think
Yeah sure, I know it's old... Just that it still represents what is still going on in the NE Generally
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Blueelf: 11:54pm On Jul 23, 2020
QuadrilAyinde:

Yeah sure, I know it's old... Just that it still represents what is still going on in the NE Generally

Of course, you're right
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by QuadrilAyinde(m): 11:59pm On Jul 23, 2020
Blueelf:

Of course, you're right
As I dey watch the 3 videos wey i paste their links, Nah then I kum dey realize wetin the Real ginger be like... Chai, Men dey suffer for frontline No be beans ooo

On a more serious note, I'd personally love to implore all Intending Applicants to search for more Similar Videos on YouTube and Watch to get a better Understanding of what's on ground

VICTORY IS FROM GOD ALONE
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Blueelf: 12:07am On Jul 24, 2020
QuadrilAyinde:

As I dey watch the 3 videos wey i paste their links, Nah then I kum dey realize wetin the Real ginger be like... Chai, Men dey suffer for frontline No be beans ooo

On a more serious note, I'd personally love to implore all Intending Applicants to search for more Similar Videos on YouTube and Watch to get a better Understanding of what's on ground

VICTORY IS FROM GOD ALONE

Exactly bro
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 2:55am On Jul 24, 2020
ugo4u:
This is gonna be quite a lengthy post.

@Emarc16 Thank you for sharing your views it's within your rights moreover alternative views is the soul of democracy and a rational society.
Life is a mystery, there is no one size fit all formula to success or a fruitful/profitable life. One of the things that make we human "gods" is the power of Choice. We have the power to do whatever we want or set our mind to achieve, and whichever path we choose has its own end result. As everyone will bare the responsibility and consequences of his/her actions.
I am a firm believer that one's destiny lies in his/her own hands, and we have the power to change things e.g The biblical character Jabez was concieved in pain but delivered in victory; he took charge of his destiny and altered it for good, same for Hezekiah, Mordecai, People of Nineveh etc in contemporary times there are many people who took charge of their life after weighing the risk involved and went ahead and change the course of history; Ben Carson, Thomas Edison, Sir Isaac Newton, Marie Curie etc. in some instances some of them lost their lives doing what they were passionate about, they left a mark before leaving this world.
For some of us what attracts us to the military isn't money, fame or power. It's just the unquenchable passion to serve, in my own case I've always have the dream of serving in the military and some day become a military instructor teaching military tactics/strategy.
What I hate in this world is not trying at all or exploring all possible avenues to achieve my goal, it's better for one to put in all efforts and best in any given venture and fail rather than not trying at all. I am very much aware that in this army job I may be maimed or at worst lose my life, this is one fact have come to terms with as this may be the price I have to pay for making that choice, it could also be the opposite atleast everyone wishes for the best. The most important thing is making impact in whatever venture one sets sail, for we all must die, dying is not the problem as no one will get out of this life alive, how and what you died for is what makes one a man. The problem many people face is not knowing their purpose in life or having a grasp of why they are going into a certain profession w/o weighing the risk if it's within their threshold and this is a recipe for disaster especially those that join the military for one reason or the other without putting into consideration the cons or consequences of their choice.
Last month I had an unusual encounter with an elderly lady in a very lonely road in one of the least habited areas in Kaduna she offered me a lift and in the course of our interaction she revealed to me that she is a soldier(MWO). I told her about my odyssey, she told me that as long as I have passion and weighed the pros/cons of the job and decides to go ahead then I should keep on trying, she got the job after her 7th attempt many people that joined the army before her have already been retired for one reason or the other. This same woman have gone for many peace keeping missions and have trained alot of soldiers at depot she even showed me the awards and special recognition given to her by the COAS, in her words she said never give up, keep trying good things comes to those who are consistent and focused.
More than anything else she fired my spirit up as for me it's its either I get in as long as their is an opportunity or age catches-up with me but voluntarily backing down is never and will never be an option it's totally out of it, absolutely out of it, I am that resolute not even the threat of death will make me change my mind. Even if I am presented with an opportunity to work in the choicest of organisation/multinational coys in the world and also offered a chance to join the military, I will pick the military without batting an eyelid even if it means I'll sleep in trenches throughout my career it will be more satisfying than living in regret in an air-conditioned office.
Thomas Edison conducted 1000 failed experiment the 1001st became the light bulb if he had given up prolly we would still be using candles or another scientists would have made the breakthrough.
There is a saying that goes thus; if you hang around the barber's shop long enough sooner or later you gonna get a haircut. I totally disagree with the school of thought that always attributes failure to the metaphysical or pointer to a bad omen, someone here was even talking about joining the Navy/Airforce to avoid death, I think this is a wrong mindset anyone can die anywhere. Today Fg Offr Arotile was laid to rest in Abuja she was an Airforce officer and death came calling in an unusual manner, some of her Coursemates in the army serving in the northeast are still alive and some will even retire successfully after serving out their years in the service. For the Fg Ofr she lived a short but impactful and fulfilled life; some people die at 25 and aren't buried untill 75(Idiom).
Do what makes you happy as long as it doesn't run foul to the law, death isn't the opposite of life it is a part of it.
I am strengthened by what I feel, because taking risk is not about going for a job, it also all about knowing what you know and what you don't know, it's about being open to people, the chances you take the faith that you have that's what's going to define you.
You have your own reason for quitting which is also ok, others like me also have a reason for pressing on. In the end it's favour and God blessings we pray for to reach the apogee of our chosen path, impact lives positively & at the end look back and be happy for the choices we made.
I respect your self control in response to what seem like a provocative post, as I saw the first line I was expecting you to hit emarc savagely.
Guy your determination is infectious, if I have the power I would have ensure you're number one in the list of shortlisted candidates. You'll make a great soldier & military instructor, I never see this kind zeal before.
Respect

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by SEEDORF441(m): 7:57am On Jul 24, 2020
ugo4u:
This is gonna be quite a lengthy post.

@Emarc16 Thank you for sharing your views it's within your rights moreover alternative views is the soul of democracy and a rational society.
Life is a mystery, there is no one size fit all formula to success or a fruitful/profitable life. One of the things that make we human "gods" is the power of Choice. We have the power to do whatever we want or set our mind to achieve, and whichever path we choose has its own end result. As everyone will bare the responsibility and consequences of his/her actions.
I am a firm believer that one's destiny lies in his/her own hands, and we have the power to change things e.g The biblical character Jabez was concieved in pain but delivered in victory; he took charge of his destiny and altered it for good, same for Hezekiah, Mordecai, People of Nineveh etc in contemporary times there are many people who took charge of their life after weighing the risk involved and went ahead and change the course of history; Ben Carson, Thomas Edison, Sir Isaac Newton, Marie Curie etc. in some instances some of them lost their lives doing what they were passionate about, they left a mark before leaving this world.
For some of us what attracts us to the military isn't money, fame or power. It's just the unquenchable passion to serve, in my own case I've always have the dream of serving in the military and some day become a military instructor teaching military tactics/strategy.
What I hate in this world is not trying at all or exploring all possible avenues to achieve my goal, it's better for one to put in all efforts and best in any given venture and fail rather than not trying at all. I am very much aware that in this army job I may be maimed or at worst lose my life, this is one fact have come to terms with as this may be the price I have to pay for making that choice, it could also be the opposite atleast everyone wishes for the best. The most important thing is making impact in whatever venture one sets sail, for we all must die, dying is not the problem as no one will get out of this life alive, how and what you died for is what makes one a man. The problem many people face is not knowing their purpose in life or having a grasp of why they are going into a certain profession w/o weighing the risk if it's within their threshold and this is a recipe for disaster especially those that join the military for one reason or the other without putting into consideration the cons or consequences of their choice.
Last month I had an unusual encounter with an elderly lady in a very lonely road in one of the least habited areas in Kaduna she offered me a lift and in the course of our interaction she revealed to me that she is a soldier(MWO). I told her about my odyssey, she told me that as long as I have passion and weighed the pros/cons of the job and decides to go ahead then I should keep on trying, she got the job after her 7th attempt many people that joined the army before her have already been retired for one reason or the other. This same woman have gone for many peace keeping missions and have trained alot of soldiers at depot she even showed me the awards and special recognition given to her by the COAS, in her words she said never give up, keep trying good things comes to those who are consistent and focused.
More than anything else she fired my spirit up as for me it's its either I get in as long as their is an opportunity or age catches-up with me but voluntarily backing down is never and will never be an option it's totally out of it, absolutely out of it, I am that resolute not even the threat of death will make me change my mind. Even if I am presented with an opportunity to work in the choicest of organisation/multinational coys in the world and also offered a chance to join the military, I will pick the military without batting an eyelid even if it means I'll sleep in trenches throughout my career it will be more satisfying than living in regret in an air-conditioned office.
Thomas Edison conducted 1000 failed experiment the 1001st became the light bulb if he had given up prolly we would still be using candles or another scientists would have made the breakthrough.
There is a saying that goes thus; if you hang around the barber's shop long enough sooner or later you gonna get a haircut. I totally disagree with the school of thought that always attributes failure to the metaphysical or pointer to a bad omen, someone here was even talking about joining the Navy/Airforce to avoid death, I think this is a wrong mindset anyone can die anywhere. Today Fg Offr Arotile was laid to rest in Abuja she was an Airforce officer and death came calling in an unusual manner, some of her Coursemates in the army serving in the northeast are still alive and some will even retire successfully after serving out their years in the service. For the Fg Ofr she lived a short but impactful and fulfilled life; some people die at 25 and aren't buried untill 75(Idiom).
Do what makes you happy as long as it doesn't run foul to the law, death isn't the opposite of life it is a part of it.
I am strengthened by what I feel, because taking risk is not about going for a job, it also all about knowing what you know and what you don't know, it's about being open to people, the chances you take the faith that you have that's what's going to define you.
You have your own reason for quitting which is also ok, others like me also have a reason for pressing on. In the end it's favour and God blessings we pray for to reach the apogee of our chosen path, impact lives positively & at the end look back and be happy for the choices we made.
Civilian General Sir
I have been following this thread for a year now without a single comment, i can see your passion and sense of maturity.
I pray for what you pray for yourself

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 9:57am On Jul 24, 2020
QuadrilAyinde:
THE WAR AGAINST BOKO HARAM (PART 3)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlcEqAUIUY0
Something...
While watching this video, If you didn’t feel some sense of pride, joy and duty.. is uniform that’s freaking you..
Saw this a couple of years ago and I still feel goosebumps
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by QuadrilAyinde(m): 10:35am On Jul 24, 2020
spetsnaz:

if I have the power I would have ensure you're number one in the list of shortlisted candidates. You'll make a great soldier & military instructor
Same here oo.. Lyk Seriously, Sir Ugo4U is a Source of Motivation on it's own... Respect for our very own Civilian General

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 10:54am On Jul 24, 2020
MrSuama:
I have come to realise we need snipers

Victory is from God alone. And in him we put all our trust.
lol do u think the army doesn't have snipers ? there are professionally trained snipers both from the afsf and the army sf that's by the way I pray you guys make it and your dream comes to reality
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by MrSuama(m): 10:59am On Jul 24, 2020
Thanks for the prayer bro. Till we meet at the top.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 11:29am On Jul 24, 2020
rawswag:

lol do u think the army doesn't have snipers ? there are professionally trained snipers both from the afsf and the army sf that's by the way I pray you guys make it and your dream comes to reality
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 11:29am On Jul 24, 2020
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 12:07pm On Jul 24, 2020
Army get snipers... when we went for 45, staff Sarge Lalo and some other Ncos that were with us had sniper patches on the uniforms... very decent and coordinated
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ELJC(m): 12:10pm On Jul 24, 2020
If there is anyone I want to meet here, that would be Ugo the civilian general. Pls Ugo can I have a chat with you privately
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by jakeFrost: 6:05pm On Jul 24, 2020
please is it a must, i should be registered to professional body before applying for dssc
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jul 24, 2020
jakeFrost:
please is it a must, i should be registered to professional body before applying for dssc

Nope, not necessary. Bur registration would give u an edge. D course u studied must be recognized by NUC.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by jakeFrost: 7:45pm On Jul 24, 2020
AirmanB:

Nope, not necessary. Bur registration would give u an edge. D course u studied must be recognized by NUC.
Thanks alot

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by damibjs: 8:24pm On Jul 24, 2020
ELJC:
If there is anyone I want to meet here, that would be Ugo the civilian general. Pls Ugo can I have a chat with you privately

Dhhjjjj

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 8:40pm On Jul 24, 2020
damibjs:

Last year POP...course 24 to be precise.... family, friends ..We were all admiring the new lieutenants...a cool guy called me from behind...behold it was Ugo4u....I was so surprise he cud recognized me.

Ugo4u....I sincerely pray God grant u ur heart desires. U are indid a plus to so many applicant.
Amen boss.
Only you na the Tinubu of military, pressing buttons on people's behalf. I know know why you no come like the job.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 8:41pm On Jul 24, 2020
Tomorrow is POP God's grace I will be there to celebrate with our guys passing out.
If you're in KD and will attend we can hook up at Jaji.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jul 24, 2020
sikowitz17:
Army get snipers... when we went for 45, staff Sarge Lalo and some other Ncos that were with us had sniper patches on the uniforms... very decent and coordinated
I want to upload pictures of some snipers in the frontlines but trust nairaland na
I can't upload shit
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by jelraj(m): 9:42pm On Jul 24, 2020
rawswag:

I want to upload pictures of some snipers in the frontlines but trust nairaland na
I can't upload shit
I wonder where they can be stationed, Maiduguri is an open area n sniper isn't a very mobile gun, na which chance person get to go find place dey find target with sniper. Except na base or they are going for ambush.

What do I know? cool
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by QuadrilAyinde(m): 10:19pm On Jul 24, 2020
jelraj:

I wonder where they can be stationed, Maiduguri is an open area n sniper isn't a very mobile gun, na which chance person get to go find place dey find target with sniper. Except na base or they are going for ambush.

What do I know? cool
DESERT CAMOUFLAGE GHILLIE SUIT.... It helps the sniper to blend perfectly with the desert environment and thus prevent Easy spotting by the Enemies
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by MrSuama(m): 10:20pm On Jul 24, 2020
rawswag:

I can't upload shit

Oh boy, am happy to know snipers exist.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by QuadrilAyinde(m): 10:38pm On Jul 24, 2020
MrSuama:

Oh boy, am happy to know snipers exist.
https://www.nairaland.com/5879488/thread-snipers-nigerian-army-pictures

Thread on THE SNIPERS OF THE NIGERIAN ARMY...
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by jelraj(m): 10:47pm On Jul 24, 2020
QuadrilAyinde:

DESERT CAMOUFLAGE GHILLIE SUIT.... It helps the sniper to blend perfectly with the desert environment and thus prevent Easy spotting by the Enemies
DESERT CAMOUFLAGE GHILLIE SUIT.. Just checked it now.
Love the suit but if what use is it when the Army is not on attack. The 3rd video u uploaded today gat me thinking what if they plan an all out attack like that on terrorized areas. This thing for don stop by now

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Blueelf: 11:23pm On Jul 24, 2020
A movie I loved during my teenage years...Its Russian but its still very good

Came out in 2002

Talks about a group of Soviet Recon Team members during WW2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcGC2JDh-pc&list=WL&index=75&t=161s
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 9:18am On Jul 25, 2020
I thought the army didn’t invest in SSC guys... I know one senior man from course 43 that the army sent abroad for a while now
Just saw his update and he’s been training with soldiers of that country.. I don’t know what country it is but the soldiers don’t look western

(1) (2) (3) ... (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) (592) (593) ... (967) (Reply)

Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience / NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs

Viewing this topic: Dammysmart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.