Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,464 members, 7,812,415 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:03 PM

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum - Jobs/Vacancies (622) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum (1360857 Views)

A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, / Army SSC/DSSC 2016 Interview List Is Out / Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) (624) (625) ... (965) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dannyhonda(m): 8:01pm On Aug 20, 2020
Chai there is God o, well thanks bro
DadyTrillion:

It's compulsory bro

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Brainiacbbb(m): 8:17pm On Aug 20, 2020
hello guys.
Please how seriously do they take this age verification thing, could it be a criteria for disqualification? I want to apply for SSC, miminum age is 23. I am 21.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dannyhonda(m): 8:23pm On Aug 20, 2020
Ah well u damn young but u can try your luck sha
Brainiacbbb:
hello guys.
Please how seriously do they take this age verification thing, could it be a criteria for disqualification? I want to apply for SSC, miminum age is 23. I am 21.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Emmyxclusive: 8:32pm On Aug 20, 2020
explosiveskull:
As old cargoes, we will take our time to register, lets finish some background works first. After'all no be person wey first submit exam sheet dey carry first.
grin
I understandu bro, we need lay our hands on somethings first so no need to rush. My experience at course25 make laf at all these hurry hurry
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 8:35pm On Aug 20, 2020
Brainiacbbb:
hello guys.

I was 22 years when I applied last year. I wasn't shortlisted. I started following this thread in my 300 level days (2016). It was like I couldn't wait. But here am I.

Now I'm 23. But you may just try your luck anyway. But I learnt Army doesn't play with age issues. There's time for everything.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 8:36pm On Aug 20, 2020
Emmyxclusive:
I understandu bro, we need lay our hands on somethings first so no need to rush. My experience at course25 make laf at all these hurry hurry
lol..okay oooo .. work for 2
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 8:38pm On Aug 20, 2020
Brainiacbbb:
hello guys.
The younger the better as far as army is concerned. Give it a shot many under aged were shortlisted last year for SSC.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by explosiveskull(m): 8:38pm On Aug 20, 2020
Emmyxclusive:
Me too, am planning to start my registration by next month depending on if I've finished and satisfied with my underground work, no jonsing and dulling this time around.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Ramirezsarki(m): 8:56pm On Aug 20, 2020
AirmanB:

If I were you, I would apply for DSSC, den perform excellently well in the interview (physical interview to be more precise), hopefully, I would be told to resume as an SSC cadet.
If his target is Ssc, why bother or waste slot going for dssc
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Ramirezsarki(m): 9:00pm On Aug 20, 2020
AirmanB:

If u have it, den u already have an edge ova odas, jst perform well n ans all oral questions correctly n professionally den u r 99% in. (No shake oh b4 d oral interview officers oh, n even if u shake, no allow make Dem Sabi say u dey shake).

Once u get in; I was advised during my days in NMS interview not to sit on d seat given to interviewees, I dunno for DSSC n SSC. But, don't sit down, unless you are asked to.
Your professional cert is never an edge, but just a fulfill requirement, just pray and b positive, people get in without a pro cert, and some with there pro cert have to go home

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 9:01pm On Aug 20, 2020
Ramirezsarki:

Your professional cert is never an edge, but just a fulfill requirement, just pray and b positive, people get in without a pro cert, and some with there pro cert have to go home
thats what you call having leg
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Ramirezsarki(m): 9:07pm On Aug 20, 2020
DadyTrillion:

The person must be in service
??
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Ramirezsarki(m): 9:14pm On Aug 20, 2020
sikowitz17:
thats what you call having leg
Boss most time we dy easily attribute grace to long leg, until e happen to us or person we know.... But leg still dy sha, that nah constant
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 10:07pm On Aug 20, 2020
Cousiim:

Thanks! I have it ! grin

More Grace, Sir. I will be here to congratulate you.

Bur, as u get I'm, no forget us disappear for Eva oh angry grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Prospect048: 10:52pm On Aug 20, 2020
Abeg who get something to prepare with for the exam oh, not too hard oh, abeg it yaf tay person read oh
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by jelraj(m): 11:36pm On Aug 20, 2020
Prospect048:
Abeg who get something to prepare with for the exam oh, not too hard oh, abeg it yaf tay person read oh
Bro it's not as hard as u think
Maths(probability, simple interest), current affairs, general knowledge, English

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Mugiwaraluffy: 1:27am On Aug 21, 2020
Lisaint:

Hello sir,
Geography and planning sciences
Wasn’t listed

But courses
Such as surveying,
Cartography was listed

And this courses are part of i did in school

Just that mine department is called Geography and planning sciences

Everything all falls under faculty of environment

Baba follow your heart, but I'll advice you go for SSC to avoid stories that touch especially if your leg isn't strong.
Just my personal thought.
Wish you the best
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 1:29am On Aug 21, 2020
Lol course 46 bought it for us big time... I don talk with em...if una ear this gist ehn.. una go burst laugh... aneg let’s go and write the exam joor...lol

Lol just pass the exams cut off.. you’ll be okay lol.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dannyhonda(m): 2:20am On Aug 21, 2020
What really happened
sikowitz17:
Lol course 46 bought it for us big time... I don talk with em...if una ear this gist ehn.. una go burst laugh... aneg let’s go and write the exam joor...lol

Lol just pass the exams cut off.. you’ll be okay lol.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 3:40am On Aug 21, 2020
Abeg @ sikowitz17 and @dammysmart, make una gist us naw grin
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 4:06am On Aug 21, 2020
Gone are the days were the army is seen as a place for Olodos believe you me the Nigeria army has evolved tremendously especially when it comes to training (Academic, physical and otherwise) it is a full fledged professional institution. The standard is high now, and only smart people can keep up with the pace, I'm a bit worried for Course 46 guys, have also heard their scores in training from two different people na them go buy market(exams) for everybody, maybe instructors don go make report and e reach MS office. The system have being tweaked to keep you on your toes as you're always faced with the threat of retirement (age on rank/passing promotional courses, medicals, availability of slots during conversion) etc. You don't have to be an Einstein to excel just have the zeal to learn, if you know say you and book na enemy better think twice oo! especially those going for SSC as you have to go for courses and pass before thinking of promotion, (except in some situations) you also have to contend with your RC brothers because those one sef no kuku like una, say you be Combatant no mean say you no go dey sound, a reasonable level of Intelligence is required to Plan, decode information, and execute orders with pinpoint accuracy. Army has retired many people at the rank of Captain for one thing or the other some for failing to pass, even Lt can be prematurely retired the odds is much RC officers will always want to maneuver you and reserve all the juicy appointment for themselves/Coursemates. So you have to bring your "A"-game throughout service, you see those small small children(RC) they won't waste time to tell you that the army belongs to them.
DSSC too is not exempted, but the odds is a bit better for them they're seen as professionals(even the ones wey never work before joing army grin) because there are some corps you'll only see DSSC(Medicals, Legal, Chaplain) maybe with sprinkles of SSC so they run their thing themselves and call their shots.

Disclaimer
I'm not trying to paint any Commission bad or perfect all of them have their areas of comparative advantage and also disadvantage.
The thing is just have an idea of what you're getting yourself into.
owu màkà ndí ShopRite

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ishowdotgmail(m): 5:24am On Aug 21, 2020
DadyTrillion:

The person must be in service
Okay thanks
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 5:41am On Aug 21, 2020
ugo4u:
Gone are the days were the army is seen as a place for Olodos believe you me the Nigeria army has evolved tremendously especially when it comes to training (Academic, physical and otherwise) it is a full fledged professional institution. The standard is high now, and only smart people can keep up with the pace, I'm a bit worried for Course 46 guys, have also heard their scores in training from two different people na them go buy market(exams) for everybody, maybe instructors don go make report and e reach MS office. The system have being tweaked to keep you on your toes as you're always faced with the threat of retirement (age on rank/passing promotional courses, medicals, availability of slots during conversion) etc. You don't have to be an Einstein to excel just have the zeal to learn, if you know say you and book na enemy better think twice oo! especially those going for SSC as you have to go for courses and pass before thinking of promotion, (except in some situations) you also have to contend with your RC brothers because those one sef no kuku like una, say you be Combatant no mean say you no go dey sound, a reasonable level of Intelligence is required to Plan, decode information, and execute orders with pinpoint accuracy. Army has retired many people at the rank of Captain for one thing or the other some for failing to pass, even Lt can be prematurely retired the odds is much RC officers will always want to maneuver you and reserve all the juicy appointment for themselves/Coursemates. So you have to bring your "A"-game throughout service, you see those small small children(RC) they won't waste time to tell you that the army belongs to them.
DSSC too is not exempted, but the odds is a bit better for them they're seen as professionals(even the ones wey never work before joing army grin) because there are some corps you'll only see DSSC(Medicals, Legal, Chaplain) maybe with sprinkles of SSC so they run their thing themselves and call their shots.

Disclaimer
I'm not trying to paint any Commission bad or perfect all of them have their areas of comparative advantage and also disadvantage.
The thing is just have an idea of what you're getting yourself into.
owu màkà ndí ShopRite

You and this "starching clothes for ShopRite, matter" grin grin grin

I pray you make it Sir, you intelligence, courage n Neva giving up spirit, inspires me alot.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Uwaomaokey(m): 6:45am On Aug 21, 2020
Prospect048:

How did you resolve the issue of the WAEC two sittings upload thing?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Uwaomaokey(m): 6:49am On Aug 21, 2020
I’m disappointed, my age is increasing, registration is going on and I can’t even register because of i’m yet to get NYSC discharge and this Covid-19 just messed up my plans. My zeal has taken a hit.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Prospect048: 7:14am On Aug 21, 2020
Uwaomaokey:

How did you resolve the issue of the WAEC two sittings upload thing?
I took the two result together, so I snap it and perfected it, then uploaded.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Uwaomaokey(m): 7:16am On Aug 21, 2020
Prospect048:
I took the two result together, so I snap it and perfected it, then uploaded.

Great. I wish you success this time around.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by orient53: 8:02am On Aug 21, 2020
I just had that thought too....It's a job opportunity to some, and most likely those that'd eventually dash wen they see d oda side
sikowitz17:
Truth is if you don’t know what to apply for by now or you haven’t consciously thought about it for the last 7/8 months... you might just be applying Cos it’s a job opportunity... all these questions of “which one should I apply for” Dey piss me off... aswear

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by shamack: 8:05am On Aug 21, 2020
The portal is still a mess, we can't sign up yet...I hope this is fixed ASAP
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 8:10am On Aug 21, 2020
Uwaomaokey:
I’m disappointed, my age is increasing, registration is going on and I can’t even register because of i’m yet to get NYSC discharge and this Covid-19 just messed up my plans. My zeal has taken a hit.
If you're currently serving and will pass out this year apply
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Iliyasdass(m): 8:28am On Aug 21, 2020
Please guys, can someone that read economics apply for Dssc, even though it's not on list of courses.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 8:35am On Aug 21, 2020
Iliyasdass:
Please guys, can someone that read economics apply for Dssc, even though it's not on list of courses.

If your course is not listed, it's better you apply for SSC.

(1) (2) (3) ... (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) (624) (625) ... (965) (Reply)

Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience / NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.