Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,563 members, 7,812,823 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:02 PM

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum - Jobs/Vacancies (669) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum (1361088 Views)

A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, / Army SSC/DSSC 2016 Interview List Is Out / Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (666) (667) (668) (669) (670) (671) (672) ... (965) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Bifrost: 10:35am On Sep 10, 2020
Richieurch:

There’s no past question this is the first time army are coming up with exams

True. But is it safe to practice with math English and general knowledge. I hope that won't be an exercise in futility sha

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Mubby01: 10:56am On Sep 10, 2020
Richieurch:

There’s no past question this is the first time army are coming up with exams

Thanks Bro

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Jegiosowor(f): 11:14am On Sep 10, 2020
Arisukuni:

Well no one ask you not to apply. Am sure this is the first time you are bringing this height stuff here. The way you dropped this post simply means you want someone attention grin don't worry you already have my attention grin

So let's talk; You see, on the website its clearly stated minimum of 1.65 for height. The question now is are you even up to 1.60? Are you that very short ? Asin is your name Shola? grin or I should leave you alone? grin cheesy grin
Lol

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Richieurch(m): 11:37am On Sep 10, 2020
Bifrost:

True. But is it safe to practice with math English and general knowledge. I hope that won't be an exercise in futility sha
Of course no, everyone has to make do of anything that would work for him/her at this point we’re clueless of army’s plan.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 11:40am On Sep 10, 2020
Bifrost:

Shey must person fit read all even the last line that is usually pretty much tiny
it was the last tiniest line they asked me to read and that was where they were catching the old men amongst us..

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by AFSF: 2:44pm On Sep 10, 2020
Guys quick question please. On the REFERENCE FORM FOR DSSC CANDIDATES
Can one officer sign both pages?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dannyhonda(m): 2:46pm On Sep 10, 2020
Amen, so shall it come to pass
SFCommander2:
I had a dream this morning. I saw myself at NDA, acquiring my training kits and uniforms as well as serving jobs as a colito. The prep wingers were also around to deal with us seriously. I was just shouting, "Morning sir... Yes sir."

Lol cheesy

I met someone at the Academy, when we went to collect our kits. He was just so happy for me. "We are so proud and happy that you're serving the nation again," he said. He also told me where to get iron if I need to iron my uniforms.

Guys, in that dream, I saw there were a lot more successful candidates for officer cadet training (SSC) this time around- like the Army decided to increase the number of intakes. Too many of them. People who never thought they'll make it in (including myself) got in for training. Everyone was so happy.

I love this kinda dream though. It gives me a lot of hope, that this year, there'll be breakthrough.

I pray that this dream will manifest as a full reality this SSC course 47. I pray same for every nairalander.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 2:57pm On Sep 10, 2020
AFSF:
Guys quick question please. On the REFERENCE FORM FOR DSSC CANDIDATES
Can one officer sign both pages?
you want one officer to refer you twice? He can sign one reference form and one local government form... but not the 2 reference forms

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 3:46pm On Sep 10, 2020
I just watched FURY again... mhen!!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Mugiwaraluffy: 4:37pm On Sep 10, 2020
sikowitz17:
I just watched FURY again... mhen!!!!
That movie made me appreciate armoured corps, but I still no want m. Infantry is still the Queen.
But do you think there are experienced and skilful battle tank commanders in Nigeria with exception of Late Lt.Col Abu Ali?
Coz the way that guy manoeuvred that tank, the battle against the german beast and the final battle against that battalion. To me, the american soldiers won considering the size and odds against them.
That last scene also proved how effective and deadly snipers can be

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by davss02(m): 4:55pm On Sep 10, 2020
I'm stuck here guys. Its like the site isn't fully available. Help!

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by davss02(m): 4:58pm On Sep 10, 2020
sikowitz17:
Site is down for now

Thanks bro. Is there any whatsapp group chat yet
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 5:14pm On Sep 10, 2020
davss02:
I'm stuck here guys. Its like the site isn't fully available. Help!
the site has been back up since... refresh and this will clear or log out and login again.. and I don’t know about any WhatsApp group

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by davss02(m): 5:20pm On Sep 10, 2020
sikowitz17:
the site has been back up since... refresh and this will clear or log out and login again.. and I don’t know about any WhatsApp group

Bro, I sent you an email already. Kindly reply

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Mubby01: 5:24pm On Sep 10, 2020
Should I create a WhatsApp group if need be?
For easier clearance of some obstacles.
And easier communication

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 5:25pm On Sep 10, 2020
Mugiwaraluffy:

That movie made me appreciate armoured corps, but I still no want m. Infantry is still the Queen.
But do you think there are experienced and skilful battle tank commanders in Nigeria with exception of Late Lt.Col Abu Ali?
Coz the way that guy manoeuvred that tank, the battle against the german beast and the final battle against that battalion. To me, the american soldiers won considering the size and odds against them.
That last scene also proved how effective and deadly snipers can be

The movie has alot of inaccuracies, chief of them is the scene where the allied forces attacked German AT positions. The Shermans (Tanks used by the allied forces) destroyed camouflaged German Anti tank guns, and the Germans missed the slow moving Shermans tank 5 times from point blank range, firing with a HV 75mm cannons this is practically impossible. However, the movie is a delight to watch arguably one of the best Armoured war movie shot. It shows the brutality of tank warfare's which is usually a shift from the normal movies shot from the perspective of infantry warfare.

Most of the officers I have met always talk about how they all dread the Armoured corp as majority of them run to infantry. According to them as an infantry soldier you can easily alight from your tactical vehicle and japaa on foot but as a tank Commander/operator it's almost a hopeless situation since rifle rounds hardly penetrates a tank most likely the enemy will demobilise you with a high explosive ordnance e.g RPG-7, Anti-tank rounds and you know what that means?
Barbecue things

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by QuadrilAyinde(m): 5:55pm On Sep 10, 2020
ugo4u:
According to them as an infantry soldier you can easily alight from your tactical vehicle and japaa on foot but as a tank Commander/operator it's almost a hopeless situation since rifle rounds hardly penetrates a tank most likely the enemy will demobilise you with a high explosive ordnance e.g RPG-7, Anti-tank rounds and you know what that means?
Barbecue things
However, modern heavily armored vehicles, such as MAIN BATTLE TANKS (M1 Abrams, Russian T-14 Armata, Challenger 2 Streetfighter etc) are generally too well protected (WITH THICK COMPOSITE OR REACTIVE ARMOUR ) to be penetrated by an RPG, unless less-armored sections of the vehicle are exploited.
The bottom line point is that If only the Troops on the Warfront can be Provided with the Right Machinery, I see No reason Why Any Personnel will ever think of Running Away from an Assignment or a Task

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ishowdotgmail(m): 5:57pm On Sep 10, 2020
Daga grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Mugiwaraluffy: 5:59pm On Sep 10, 2020
ugo4u:

The movie has alot of inaccuracies, chief of them is the scene where the allied forces attacked German AT positions. The Shermans (Tanks used by the allied forces) destroyed camouflaged German Anti tank guns, and the Germans missed the slow moving Shermans tank 5 times from point blank range, firing with a HV 75mm cannons this is practically impossible. However, the movie is a delight to watch arguably one of the best Armoured war movie shot. It shows the brutality of tank warfare's which is usually a shift from the normal movies shot from the perspective of infantry warfare.

Most of the officers I have met always talk about how they all dread the Armoured corp as majority of them run to infantry. According to them as an infantry soldier you can easily alight from your tactical vehicle and japaa on foot but as a tank Commander/operator it's almost a hopeless situation since rifle rounds hardly penetrates a tank most likely the enemy will demobilise you with a high explosive ordnance e.g RPG-7, Anti-tank rounds and you know what that means?
Barbecue things

You're right, personally I dread armoured corps, but if one is very good with the tanks, you'd be a formidable force to be reckoned with.
About the movie
I was surprised when the german anti tank guns were able to deflect the Sherman so easily. I mean, they fired 3 point blank shots and they all deflected until he was able to hit the turret there.
I love the movie gaskiya

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Mugiwaraluffy: 6:01pm On Sep 10, 2020
QuadrilAyinde:

However, modern heavily armored vehicles, such as MAIN BATTLE TANKS (M1 Abrams, Russian T-14 Armata, Challenger 2 Streetfighter etc) are generally too well protected (WITH THICK COMPOSITE OR REACTIVE ARMOUR ) to be penetrated by an RPG, unless less-armored sections of the vehicle are exploited.
The bottom line point is that If only the Troops on the Warfront can be Provided with the Right Machinery, I see No reason Why Any Personnel will ever think of Running Away from an Assignment or a Task

Is VT-4 tanks RPG-7 resistant and if possible an anti tank?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 6:09pm On Sep 10, 2020
ishowdotgmail:
Daga grin
if they’ve not retired him, he should have made lieutenant colonel by now!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by QuadrilAyinde(m): 6:16pm On Sep 10, 2020
Mugiwaraluffy:

Is VT-4 tanks RPG-7 resistant and if possible an anti tank?
YES.. Because...

The VT-4 is equipped with GL5 Active Protection System (APS). The roof-mounted APS offers a high level of protection against MBT, Armoured Vehicles, Anti-Tank Guided Missiles, and anti-tank weapons.

The VT4 tank advanced features also include Smoke Grenade Launchers (SGL) and Nuclear, Biological and Chemical (NBC) protection system to protect the occupants.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 6:27pm On Sep 10, 2020
Na wa ooo all this big Comparisons!! Una suppose dey lecture for Nigerian army university...

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 6:28pm On Sep 10, 2020
QuadrilAyinde:

We have non of those Vehicles in our armoury, infact even with your money you won't get most of them from manufacturers the best you can do is to get a Chinese copy like the VT4s.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by QuadrilAyinde(m): 6:31pm On Sep 10, 2020
QuadrilAyinde:

YES.. Because...

The VT-4 is equipped with GL5 Active Protection System (APS). The roof-mounted APS offers a high level of protection against MBT, Armoured Vehicles, Anti-Tank Guided Missiles, and anti-tank weapons.

The VT4 tank advanced features also include Smoke Grenade Launchers (SGL) and Nuclear, Biological and Chemical (NBC) protection system to protect the occupants.
Though I remember that I read A news online that The Nigerian Army Authorities received some VT-4 Battle Tanks sometimes in April this Year, but due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Chinese instructors who originally planned to travel to Nigeria for further operation training are yet to be put into place for the time being.

ALL IS WELL

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by QuadrilAyinde(m): 6:36pm On Sep 10, 2020
ugo4u:

infact even with your money you won't get most of them from manufacturers the best you can do is to get a Chinese copy like the VT4s.
In my Opinion, I think the reason why We might not be Able to Get these Beauties is simply coz of the Report by the International NGOs operating in Borno state as regard Human Rights Abuse by the 9ja Power Authorities, thus Activating Some Sanctions against us (eg the Leahy Law that prevented the USA from Selling weapons to Us during President Jonathan's Regime)
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Bifrost: 6:37pm On Sep 10, 2020
I want to even ask.

What do cadets do during those 6 long months. Is it just military trainings or do they like attend classes or lectures relating to the various corps?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by QuadrilAyinde(m): 6:40pm On Sep 10, 2020
QuadrilAyinde:

In my Opinion, I think the reason why We might not be Able to Get these Beauties is simply coz of the Report by the International NGOs operating in Borno state as regard Human Rights Abuse by the 9ja Power Authorities, thus Activating Some Sanctions against us (eg the Leahy Law that prevented the USA from Selling weapons to Us during President Jonathan's Regime)
Now, the Big question is this...

When is the Nigerian Army ready to start Producing Their Weaponry themselves without Necessarily Depending on Buying from other countries..
Is it that DICON, PROFORCE and the Likes cant Design and Build an MBT nii or What??

At Least we can copy the Nigerian Navy in this Regard as highlighted in the attached screenshot

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by jelraj(m): 6:45pm On Sep 10, 2020
sikowitz17:
Na wa ooo all this big Comparisons!! Una suppose dey lecture for Nigerian army university...
Lol
I know nothing about armour

E no even concern me, I no like that corp with anything

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Mugiwaraluffy: 6:52pm On Sep 10, 2020
QuadrilAyinde:

YES.. Because...

VT-4 is actually a beast but can't be compared to M1 Abrams
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Mugiwaraluffy: 6:55pm On Sep 10, 2020
ugo4u:

We have non of those Vehicles in our armoury, infact even with your money you won't get most of them from manufacturers the best you can do is to get a Chinese copy like the VT4s.
Americans are very stingy man most especially with military hardware.
That's why I like Chinese and sometimes eastern bloc. But the downside to procurement in eastern bloc is that it's prone to corruption and sometimes you can't really tell the battle damage or attrition of that hardware. If Nigeria can have a good military relationship with Russia and China. But that means we're almost along with the communist and Nigeria dey fear sanctions in case we do enter their trap (US)

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 6:55pm On Sep 10, 2020
Bifrost:
I want to even ask.

What do cadets do during those 6 long months. Is it just military trainings or do they like attend classes or lectures relating to the various corps?
training, you’d also study some military courses, thought in the classroom, write exams etc! But more of training

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (666) (667) (668) (669) (670) (671) (672) ... (965) (Reply)

Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience / NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs

Viewing this topic: lilbazy(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.