Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,045 members, 7,814,586 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum - Jobs/Vacancies (676) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum (1362275 Views)

A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, / Army SSC/DSSC 2016 Interview List Is Out / Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (673) (674) (675) (676) (677) (678) (679) ... (965) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Ramirezsarki(m): 6:40pm On Sep 11, 2020
Mugiwaraluffy:

E do settle na. Na to wear kafthan dey go mosque na. Sha make time reach, with d way and stories I hear for aca, boys go blow AWOL any which way. We go learn
If not for covid, previous set do have Sunday pass some months into training
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 6:41pm On Sep 11, 2020
Ramirezsarki:

this set sef no even go April break thanks to covid..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 6:42pm On Sep 11, 2020
This next course if dem give us Easter break like this... na I must to reach Lagos for that 2 weeks to see peace

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Mugiwaraluffy: 6:47pm On Sep 11, 2020
Ramirezsarki:

If there's pass on Sunday's why the need to blow AWOL then. Person go just wait calmly till Sunday do en business.
Just like Gen. Ugo4u talk, make village men no go cast person

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Ramirezsarki(m): 6:52pm On Sep 11, 2020
Mugiwaraluffy:

If there's pass on Sunday's why the need to blow AWOL then. Person go just wait calmly till Sunday do en business.
Just like Gen. Ugo4u talk, make village men no go cast person
Nah job and village men oooh.... Count down to Sundays dy long... From monday to Sunday go be like one month, because of job and training, niggers dy sleep for tree to even avoid night massaging and job

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 6:53pm On Sep 11, 2020
Ramirezsarki:

Nah job and village men oooh.... Count down to Sundays dy long... From monday to Sunday go be like one month, because of job and training, niggers dy sleep for tree to even avoid night massaging and job
when my friend from 45 told me they climb trees to sleep, I thought he was being extra... they actually did it

That night massaging inside cold... Kai
And you’ll still wake up by 4am

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 7:04pm On Sep 11, 2020
Army made it clear that all Rri guys upon completion of training will be sent for Special forces training from there They'll be inducted into the theatre of operations in the northeast. This is to tell you what SSC should expect. Anybody wey because of SF badge go join them make him ready to go northeast straight after SF training at Jaji. You won't know peace.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 7:09pm On Sep 11, 2020
ugo4u:
Army made it clear that all Rri guys upon completion of training will be sent for Special forces training from their they be inducted into the theatre of operations in the northeast. This is to tell you what SSC should expect. Anybody wey because of SF badge go join them make him ready to go northeast straight after SF training at Jaji. You won't know peace.
biko I want peace... make sf go sidown

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 7:13pm On Sep 11, 2020
The fact that there’s minimum peace in the army.. adding sf duties to it will be too much for me oooo! This is my own personal view for myself.. I want to be able to do my job and do it well without been confined to extra responsibilities that comes with being special forces... but my guys wey get gas... the lord be with you.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Amspecial: 7:33pm On Sep 11, 2020
brodalys abeg person go fit get time fill dose forms later or make person do am now before exams date show?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Blueelf: 8:00pm On Sep 11, 2020
sikowitz17:
This next course if dem give us Easter break like this... na I must to reach Lagos for that 2 weeks to see peace

grin grin

Sikowitz, na you dey talk like this

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Blueelf: 8:00pm On Sep 11, 2020
sikowitz17:
The fact that there’s minimum peace in the army.. adding sf duties to it will be too much for me oooo! This is my own personal view for myself.. I want to be able to do my job and do it well without been confined to extra responsibilities that comes with being special forces... but my guys wey get gas... the lord be with you.

cheesy cheesy

Again I ask. Sikowitz, na you dey talk like this?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 8:09pm On Sep 11, 2020
Blueelf:

cheesy cheesy

Again I ask. Sikowitz, na you dey talk like this?
lol bro Na me... time don reach make we talk truth.. no be cruise we again...

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Mugiwaraluffy: 8:19pm On Sep 11, 2020
ugo4u:
Army made it clear that all Rri guys upon completion of training will be sent for Special forces training from there They'll be inducted into the theatre of operations in the northeast. This is to tell you what SSC should expect. Anybody wey because of SF badge go join them make him ready to go northeast straight after SF training at Jaji. You won't know peace.
grin grin grin I don hear the gist tey tey. I get one guy wey dey SF na course 45, en no fit get chance go do introduction for en fiancee family for a while sef
Make God protect our lives sha.
Whatever may come, we shall overcome it in sha Allah.
Na just passion and morale dey do me like this. Maybe my eyes go clear later

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 8:22pm On Sep 11, 2020
We settle it once and for all. At the end everybody na combatant. Just that some get 2 stars on Commissioning while other get 1. tongue

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 8:36pm On Sep 11, 2020
Kaeboy:
We settle it once and for all. At the end everybody na combatant. Just that some get 2 stars on Commissioning while other get 1. tongue
lol in your mind you think you will be combatant like me? And issue me command in the theater? You are a joker

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 8:45pm On Sep 11, 2020
sikowitz17:

Is that sf training compulsory or optional? Also, shey na NA go choose unit for guys, or are they at liberty to choose individually?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 8:47pm On Sep 11, 2020
SFCommander2:

Is that sf training compulsory or optional? Also, shey na NA go choose unit for guys, or are they at liberty to choose individually?
i think they carry all cadets to jaji after training for sf selection.. that’s where officers deliberately fail the exercises lol.. that’s the plan.. if you over show gallantry, you are on your own..

After completion of training, you’ll be asked to choose some preferred corps of your choice but army reserves the right to post you anywhere... when you get to your Corp headquarters, you’ll fall into a unit from there.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 9:14pm On Sep 11, 2020
sikowitz17:
lol in your mind you think you will be combatant like me? And issue me command in the theater? You are a joker
grin

how is commander selected? By rank or corp.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 9:20pm On Sep 11, 2020
Kaeboy:
grin

how is commander selected? By rank or corp.
lol first thing... as dssc you don’t have operational command over Troops in the theaters of command so dead the matter.... you fit follow us carry gun for maiduguri but you go dey back of gun truck dey hide

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 9:32pm On Sep 11, 2020
grin
sikowitz17:
lol first thing... as dssc you don’t have operational command over Troops in the theaters of command so dead the matter.... you fit follow us carry gun for maiduguri but you go dey back of gun truck dey hide

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 10:02pm On Sep 11, 2020
grin make dem clear for pesin wey know road
sikowitz17:

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Fifthwave(f): 10:18pm On Sep 11, 2020
Good evening soon to be cadets.

I've been following the thread quietly, thank you for keeping us posted. And yet I have a small question. Please, don't misunderstand my question.

What do you guys think of the attitude of the selection board towards first class graduates who make it to the board interview. Do they by any chance factor that? And does it increase your chance even by the smallest margin? I need candid reply, just say it as it is.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 10:22pm On Sep 11, 2020
Fifthwave:

I've been following the thread quietly, thank you for keeping us posted. And yet I have a small question. Please, don't misunderstand my question.

What do you guys think of the attitude of the selection board towards first class graduates who make it to the board interview. Do they by any chance factor that? And does it increase your chance even by the smallest margin? I need candid reply, just say it as it is.
Actually you carry first class there, you must defend it... they will hit you with questions from every corner to test you! You must be firm.. for I doubt if it has any additional thingy to it..

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 10:40pm On Sep 11, 2020
Fifthwave:

Hmm... Gbogbo first class... Una too much.

I believe if your course is very relevant and you're able to defend your first class (like sikowitz17 already said), that may give you an edge.

But pray you scale through to the interview stage first, where you get to face the board.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 10:42pm On Sep 11, 2020
SFCommander2:

Hmm... Gbogbo first class... Una too much.

I believe if your course is very relevant and you're able to defend your first class (like sikowitz17 already said), that may give you an edge.

But pray you scale through to the interview stage first, where you get to face the board.
board go enter am with him first class ehn

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Arisukuni: 11:10pm On Sep 11, 2020
Fifthwave:

What I will just say is make sure you pass the medical. That medical is the most important thing in selection board interview. When you pass the medical and the competition from your state is not much and not more than required number for each states. Believe me my dear facing the board will not be a problem.

I repeat just make sure you pass the medical!

I wish you good luck!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Zammy123(m): 11:47pm On Sep 11, 2020
Mugiwaraluffy:
I've responded to your request via pm

thanks a lot
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by hammariise(m): 12:22am On Sep 12, 2020
Lami1996:

I have letter of evaluation from ministry of education in Abuja. It clearly states that my school is accredited.
How did you got it bruh? I studied abroad and don't have any evaluation letter, would that be a problem for me?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 2:23am On Sep 12, 2020
This thread and some of the replies there are heart wrenching. It gives another perspective and the reality of a soldier (Military personnel) and the impact of the job on family and loved ones.

https://www.nairaland.com/6110411/dating-military-personnel-experience

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by QuadrilAyinde(m): 3:10am On Sep 12, 2020
ugo4u:
This thread is heart wrenching. It gives another perspective and the reality of a soldier (Military personnel) and the impact of the job on family and loved ones.

https://www.nairaland.com/6110411/dating-military-personnel-experience
One of the sad stories from the thread

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 3:26am On Sep 12, 2020
QuadrilAyinde:

One of the sad stories from the thread
It also reminds of Flight Lt Perowei and his co-Pilot Kalto Silka who died in a helicopter crash during a combat mission on new year day (2019). Perowei got married a month earlier before his demise leaving behind his then pregnant wife who later gave birth to a bouncing baby boy.
These are guys i joke alot with when they were still in flight school. When the news of their death was announced I couldn't believe it, these are very bright and promising young men that were cut short in their prime anytime I come across the pics we took together on my system its as if someone poke me with a needle in the heart. You can now imagine the pain the young woman(his wife) and their families are going through e no easy. That's why to settle down seems difficult for alot of officers, to marry they fear some of them especially the young ones. I remember a Captain (now late) in response to a banter from a friend why he don't wanna get married he jokingly said he didn't wanna make any lady a widow cry ... Sadly, within a year of making that statement he was killed in an ambush in baga.
Personally, I see any lady that marries a military man as a strong woman.

This song SOLDIER by Chike Sends alot of chills to the spine, same for Johnny drille's. Wait for me
I Recommend both songs for all prospective officers. Make una listen to the lyrics of both songs with rapt attention.

That's why I just laugh when some people here are gingering to be at the war front, I see it as youthful exuberance even the most battle hardened soldier won't pray to be drafted to a volatile region. According to a friend " Who no come no go know. na when you hear enemy gunshots from AA your entire life go flash within seconds for your eyes that time you go realise say this life too sweet". One may train as hard as possible and may even be the best amongst his peers when deployed for operations he may not even have the opportunity to fire a single shot before being KIA. Aside enemy fire/ambush IEDs are real threats. The military is not an ideal place where one find succour from unemployment.
War no good at all, I no blame people wey dey run go DSSC them get legit reasons.

It is praiseworthy to be brave and fearless, but sometimes it is better to be a coward. We often stand in the compound of a coward to point at the ruins where a brave man used to live.” Chinua Achebe

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (673) (674) (675) (676) (677) (678) (679) ... (965) (Reply)

Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience / NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.