Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,485 members, 7,819,760 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

Job Opportunities: Why I Envy Lagos State - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Job Opportunities: Why I Envy Lagos State (23256 Views)

Why I Won't Apply For FRSC Job / Latest Job Opportunities In Australia / Abba Moro: Why I Petitioned AGF To Investigate 2015 Immigration Recruitment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Job Opportunities: Why I Envy Lagos State by Integrityfarms(m): 1:40pm On Jan 21, 2016
uselessgoat:
[size=14pt] It belong to we yorubas only.[/size]

As your moniker implies

3 Likes

Re: Job Opportunities: Why I Envy Lagos State by Amberon: 1:46pm On Jan 21, 2016
Oga, if there was true federal is, Rivers would've been Lord over Lagos. Do you know what it means to be feeding the entire nation? Let Lagos revenue be shared among each states and see what would become of Lagos. Imagine if all that money generated from oil had been pumped into the state alone, this argument is dead on arrival.

PS: I'm not from Rivers so this ain't about sentients.
Olabestonic001:

Lolz. If there's true Federalism, Rivers would NEVER be like Lagos. Even though there is oil in Rivers, the attitude of the society there will ensure Lagos attitudes will always ensure its a hub.
Re: Job Opportunities: Why I Envy Lagos State by deebsman1(m): 1:54pm On Jan 21, 2016
But as there is none nko, we r talking fact.....ur talking another thing
Amberon:
There's no sentiments involved and I'm not from Rivers state either. But if there was true Federalism, Rivers revenue would've been light years ahead of Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Job Opportunities: Why I Envy Lagos State by Olabestonic001(m): 1:54pm On Jan 21, 2016
Amberon:
Oga, if there was true federal is, Rivers would've been Lord over Lagos. Do you know what it means to be feeding the entire nation? Let Lagos revenue be shared among each states and see what would become of Lagos. Imagine if all that money generated from oil had been pumped into the state alone, this argument is dead on arrival.

I've stayed and worked in Rivers state bro; I think its over-hyped. They are not the only oil producing state in Naija na. Though, Rivers would have been blessed too but let's not forget that more than natural resources, a society develops because of its attitude.

1 Like

Re: Job Opportunities: Why I Envy Lagos State by Dynamite02: 2:02pm On Jan 21, 2016
Soreza:
when can nigerians stop the use of south west south east and just say am glad am nigerian why always the division,to be be honest am already sick of it u can predict the development news on nairaland of any state always come up with division and hatred being displayed AFRICANS GROW UP.
Very annoying!!!!!! The day Mr. A will sit up and focus on developing himself and his environment instead of lamenting and comparing himself to Mr. B I swear things will change

1 Like

Re: Job Opportunities: Why I Envy Lagos State by smartprodigy: 2:03pm On Jan 21, 2016
APCcrimesHD:
LAGOS IS THE LAND OF THE BENINS. WE SHALL CLAIM WHAT RIGHTFULLY BELONGS TO US SOON!
I thought you used to have sense? Did you loose it somewhere?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Job Opportunities: Why I Envy Lagos State by Amberon: 2:06pm On Jan 21, 2016
lol, I never said it was the only oil prodding state. But it was the "largest" oil producing state for decades.
Olabestonic001:

I've stayed and worked in Rivers state bro; I think its over-hyped. They are not the only oil producing state in Naija na. Though, Rivers would have been blessed too but let's not forget that more than natural resources, a society develops because of its attitude.
Re: Job Opportunities: Why I Envy Lagos State by Phonon: 2:22pm On Jan 21, 2016
Former capital......................

1 Like

Re: Job Opportunities: Why I Envy Lagos State by gbantu23: 3:28pm On Jan 21, 2016
IF I DIE TODAY AND LEAVE THIS PLANET! 1 thing I will always remember is how incredibly full of sh**, NIGERIANS were. Nigeria is by far the greatest country in AFRICA because it is the NIGGADOMwhere AFRICANS originate from. But today Ethiopia who's wealth isn't half that of nigeria. Country has modern working trams. YOU KNOW WHAT IR PROBLEM IS NIGERIA......You are a disturbed bunch! Distraught! There is something you must do as a nation that ur DESPARATELY focusing on not doing......or u just don't want to do it. But perhaps scared to do it......your inner selves are disturbed. You have such a WAR living and HARBORING inside of you. That it's affecting the very way you see life. THE RESOURCES THOSE ARABS USE TO BUILD THAT PALACE U HAVE THEM UNDER UR FEET. But ur so busy fighting amongst one ONOTHER, Yoruba vs. Igbo. And the most meaningless fights are the ones you take the most serious. It's like ur picking on each other because ur afraid to face the big Elephant sized problem sitting above ur head. AFRICA IS POOR BECAUSE OF A SYSTEMIC ARAB PLOT. Nigeria is dysfunctional because the Turks and the Saudi Arabiams have see to it, with their disjointed Hausa Berber Affilliations. SOONER OR LATER BEFORE AFRICA ENTERS THE FIRST WORLD OF DEVELOPMENT. WE ARE GOING TO HAVE TO BRAVELY COME UP WITH A SOLUTION FOR THE 1000 TONE MAMMOTH SITTING ON OUR HEADS. AND THAT IS THE MIDDLE EAST. THEY WERE THE MIDDLE MANAGEMENT ASSIGNED TO KEEP AFRICANS DOWN. THE REASON WHY AFRICA PRESENCE IN THE WORLD IS VIETUALLY UNHEARD OFF FOR THE THE LAST HALF A CENTURY. And I fear that soul tuition will involve a collaboration with white people. And inevitable Armageddon like WAR. To kick the parasites off our heads.. But with modern guns we can get the better of them. Because they too received assistance from the white people. Initially as they over power Us.
Re: Job Opportunities: Why I Envy Lagos State by missKiffy(f): 3:33pm On Jan 21, 2016
coolhamid:
Lagos state is over hyped...
I have lived and worked in kano and Lagos state, if not because of the insurgency plaguing most northern states, I will always choose Kano over Lagos anytime anyday...
We know, but the op is talking about employment opportunities
Re: Job Opportunities: Why I Envy Lagos State by missKiffy(f): 3:35pm On Jan 21, 2016
uselessgoat:
uselessgoat cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Job Opportunities: Why I Envy Lagos State by Buhari4dullard: 4:31pm On Jan 21, 2016
Lagos state the massive state that belongs to the yorubas
While the oil under my people's land belongs to everybody.

Well that's what this joker says

uselessgoat:

searchiing4love:
undecided WE ALL OWN THE OIL AS LONG AS WE REMAIN ONE NIGERIA. WE PEOPLE OF THE SOUTHWEST HAVE ONCE FED THE WHOLE COUNTRY WITH OUR COCOA PLANTATIONS AND WE NEVER FORMED ARMED MILITANTS. I URGE THE GOVERNMENT TO BOMBARD THE CREEKS AND ELIMINATE THOSE MISCREANTS CALLED MILITANTS AND CANCEL THE USELESS AMNESTY. MOST OF THE STATES CANT PAY SALARIES AND A NONENTITY CALLED TOMPOLO EMBEZZLED 13BILLION NAIRA IN LAND SCAM? NEVER AGAIN SHALL WE HAVE A CLUELESS PRESIDIOT LIKE GEJ undecided

Lagos belongs to Yoruba's while the oil belongs to eveybody angry

Now you can see why my people dey vex and stand with the South-East.

2 Likes

Re: Job Opportunities: Why I Envy Lagos State by omonnakoda: 4:43pm On Jan 21, 2016
Amberon:
There's no sentiments involved and I'm not from Rivers state either. But if there was true Federalism, Rivers revenue would've been light years ahead of Lagos.
Ithink your statement is VERY sentimental actually.

Why not provide FACTS and FIGURES rather than grandstanding

How much does Rivers generate and Lagos and then place them side by side.

Not just speculative stuff but hard facts and figures

If you cannot provide numbers then I am sorry you are just GUESSING

If Rivers states generate more tell us how much more.EXACTLY

Now here is what Wikipedia has to say
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nigerian_states_by_GDP
You are welcome to disagree but kindly provide an alternative

According to Wik Lagos contribute more than 4 X rivers state to our GDP and those figures are from a time when oil prices were more than double now.

NIGERIA WAS RANKED AS A $500 billion economy and oil @
$100 a barrel X 2million barrels a day X 365 days a year =$73 billion.

Oil is not $100 a barrel and Rivers state is not the only or the biggest oil producer

2 Likes

Re: Job Opportunities: Why I Envy Lagos State by chuose: 4:43pm On Jan 21, 2016
uselessgoat:

If lagos belongs to the yorubas then there is no ONE-NIGERIA

My people the Niger Delta, we should stop sharing our oil oh!

Ibo people we call out to you to unite with us.

We can see that Lagos belongs to the Yoruba's

Why should we share our oil with them?

2 Likes

Re: Job Opportunities: Why I Envy Lagos State by omonnakoda: 4:55pm On Jan 21, 2016
Amberon:

How does Rivers feed the entire nation please provide quantitative facts not beer parlour talk

@$ 100 a barrel the TOTAL oil contribution to Nigeria's economy @ 2million barrels a day = $73 billion =

14.6% let me repeat that

14.6 %

14.6%

How much of that is from Rivers state.

People delude themselves wwhen they say oil FEEDS
the nation

BTW oil is not $100 in fact it is actually less than 7%

The mobile phone industry is even more important to Nigeria than oil

WAKE UP!!

Oil feeds the Government NOT the nation.

The Government is lazy when it comes to raising revenue because of oil
But Tinubu has shown in Lagos what can be raised by government without oil

from 500million a month in 1999 to around 20 billion a month. If a state government can do that how much more the FG?

5 Likes

Re: Job Opportunities: Why I Envy Lagos State by lomprico(m): 6:10pm On Jan 21, 2016
manny4u:
Despite the 'hard knock' life in the centre of excellence, Lagos state still stands out as the land of opportunities, have been taking survey of all the vacant placements here on Nairaland since December and I must confess that 80 percent of the job opportunities are in Lagos state, while the others share the remaining 20percent including our 'so called' FCT where I reside.

That's commendable I must confess whatever lagos is doing that's working for them in terms of employment other states should take a cue.
N/B Am not saying there is no unemployment in Lagos but it better compared to other states.
Thats because its a no-mans-land!
Re: Job Opportunities: Why I Envy Lagos State by Toosure70: 6:26pm On Jan 21, 2016
Eko ile, Eko o ni baje.
Re: Job Opportunities: Why I Envy Lagos State by toyinid78: 8:04pm On Jan 21, 2016
How lagos take b benin own? Wen even benin people hate yorubas, some people just like unessecary claim dem wipe out d entire benin for lagos ? How come no historical fact to prove dat
Re: Job Opportunities: Why I Envy Lagos State by toyinid78: 8:23pm On Jan 21, 2016
smartprodigy:

I thought you used to have sense? Did you loose it somewhere?
he lost more dan senses
Re: Job Opportunities: Why I Envy Lagos State by Ishilove: 8:40pm On Jan 21, 2016
uselessgoat:
You truly are a useless goat. undecided

I no cuss you. Na your name I mention

1 Like

Re: Job Opportunities: Why I Envy Lagos State by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jan 21, 2016
Ishilove:

You truly are a useless goat. undecided

I no cuss you. Na your name I mention

God punish u undecided
Re: Job Opportunities: Why I Envy Lagos State by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jan 21, 2016
manny4u:
Despite the 'hard knock' life in the centre of excellence, Lagos state still stands out as the land of opportunities, have been taking survey of all the vacant placements here on Nairaland since December and I must confess that 80 percent of the job opportunities are in Lagos state, while the others share the remaining 20percent including our 'so called' FCT where I reside.

That's commendable I must confess whatever lagos is doing that's working for them in terms of employment other states should take a cue.
N/B Am not saying there is no unemployment in Lagos but it better compared to other states.

Airport, Seaports
Re: Job Opportunities: Why I Envy Lagos State by izutex007(m): 11:01pm On Jan 21, 2016
Cuteamigo1:

was about to type what u said. no need I guess. u are very correct grin
was about to type what u said. no need I guess. u are very correct

...that makes the point very, very valid!!!

Thanks.
Re: Job Opportunities: Why I Envy Lagos State by Buhari4dullard: 11:03pm On Jan 21, 2016
uselessgoat:

God punish u undecided

haba why u dey vex, ur name na Useless Goat now. cool

Very prophectic grin

1 Like

Re: Job Opportunities: Why I Envy Lagos State by RayD(m): 11:27pm On Jan 21, 2016
Lagos is a country of its own.
Re: Job Opportunities: Why I Envy Lagos State by girl4rmspace(f): 12:06am On Jan 22, 2016
Yeahreen:
Ya so ryt. Almost all vacancies we see nowadays are in Lagos. E be like na to relocate to Lagos sure pass.

no! Dont do it, you are gonna do good just where you are
Re: Job Opportunities: Why I Envy Lagos State by danidee10(m): 12:59am On Jan 22, 2016
uselessgoat:

Thunder give u belle dia angry

1 Like

Re: Job Opportunities: Why I Envy Lagos State by Ishilove: 2:31am On Jan 22, 2016
uselessgoat:

God punish u undecided
Useless goat undecided

2 Likes

Re: Job Opportunities: Why I Envy Lagos State by Mekzmoney(m): 2:46am On Jan 22, 2016
Ur right, but we still hav thousands of unemployed youths in lagos.
Most jobs advertized in lag are marketing jobs, and sum jobs doesn't pay well, and taking such job is a waste of time considering the cost of transportation in lagos.

So its only a few multinational companies dat advertized sometimes and most of dia requirements requires years of experience and some graduate trainees jobs is either ur connected, lucky or ur favored by God.
I'm in lagos and also looking for job.

When you're not in lag u might be thinking that you're loosing out, but when you're in lag, u would know that its not easy everywere.
manny4u:

Re: Job Opportunities: Why I Envy Lagos State by Yeahreen(m): 5:49am On Jan 22, 2016
Awwwww, Aight! Fnkz den!!!!! I remain in my abuja grin grin grin grin
girl4rmspace:

no! Dont do it, you are gonna do good just where you are
Re: Job Opportunities: Why I Envy Lagos State by petiteee(f): 6:56am On Jan 22, 2016
Yeahreen:
Awwwww, Aight! Fnkz den!!!!! I remain in my abuja grin grin grin grin
u can't just read through the lines sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Where Can A Graduate With Physics With Electronics Work? / Stanbic IBTC Graduate Trainee Recruitment / Nigeria Sss 2016 Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.