Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,304 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

Job Opportunities: Why I Envy Lagos State - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Job Opportunities: Why I Envy Lagos State (23272 Views)

Why I Won't Apply For FRSC Job / Latest Job Opportunities In Australia / Abba Moro: Why I Petitioned AGF To Investigate 2015 Immigration Recruitment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Job Opportunities: Why I Envy Lagos State by Badgers14: 11:28am On Jan 21, 2016
angry
Re: Job Opportunities: Why I Envy Lagos State by Leeeekeeee: 11:28am On Jan 21, 2016
OP, kindly add the Traffic of lagos to ur envy list..

1 Like

Re: Job Opportunities: Why I Envy Lagos State by barry40: 11:30am On Jan 21, 2016
Lagos remains the hub of economy of Nigeria.
Re: Job Opportunities: Why I Envy Lagos State by lanchy: 11:30am On Jan 21, 2016
The western states are very accommodating to people and business!! Lagos most of all, hence why some people mistake it for no man's land

6 Likes

Re: Job Opportunities: Why I Envy Lagos State by pulsa(m): 11:30am On Jan 21, 2016
Lagos the pride of South Western Nigeria region, Lagos the pride of the yoruba race. I'm a proud lagosian a proud awori.

7 Likes

Re: Job Opportunities: Why I Envy Lagos State by bettercreature(m): 11:32am On Jan 21, 2016
PresVA:
How would other states have employment opportunities when it's only Lagos that has good sea ports?

Once other states are developed, employment opportunities will spring up. .
The sea port is the major reason here that is why land luck countries always suffer

5 Likes

Re: Job Opportunities: Why I Envy Lagos State by klodike(m): 11:32am On Jan 21, 2016
Phack lagos
Re: Job Opportunities: Why I Envy Lagos State by Leeeekeeee: 11:32am On Jan 21, 2016
lanchy:
The western states are very accommodating to people and business!! Lagos most of all, hence why some people mistake it for no man's land

Oga park well..

Apart frm the sea port nothing for lagos.

Let them open a seaaport in calabar nd see if Jobs won't "plentiful" in calabar nd neighboring states..

1 Like

Re: Job Opportunities: Why I Envy Lagos State by scholes0(m): 11:34am On Jan 21, 2016
Watch as this thread degenerates into a tribal slur cesspit in

1 Like

Re: Job Opportunities: Why I Envy Lagos State by Nobody: 11:37am On Jan 21, 2016
goonz
Re: Job Opportunities: Why I Envy Lagos State by lekkie073(m): 11:37am On Jan 21, 2016
klodike:
Phack lagos
Op dey envy

U, cool

U dey jealous grin

2 Likes

Re: Job Opportunities: Why I Envy Lagos State by Amberon: 11:43am On Jan 21, 2016
Get your facts right, Rivers state generates more revenue to the government than Lagos. If there was true federalism, Rivers state would've been light years ahead of Lagos.
deebsman1:
FACT. Because 80% of Nigeria revenue is generated there, it controls 80% of Nigeria's economy....honestly, Lagos deserves a special status, if we want to really be a serious country, we need to recognize the heart of our nations economy and protect and develop it more. Lagos, even after 24yrs years of relocation of d capital is still thriving and developing, showing no signs of slowing down, at all. Activities going on in just Marina, V/I and Ikoyi alone surpasses activities going on at Maitama, Wuse, Asokoro, Garki and all central ABJ, added together....look at it from any sense of human endeavor you'd like to look at it.

2 Likes

Re: Job Opportunities: Why I Envy Lagos State by Yeahreen(m): 11:44am On Jan 21, 2016
Lolzz, na blessings I wan carry come give una o'jare grin grin grin
stevenson007:
BETTER NOW CARRY YOUR WAHALA COME O
Re: Job Opportunities: Why I Envy Lagos State by oluwaahmed: 11:44am On Jan 21, 2016
Wch work is in lagos? Do u mean all dose 419 vacancies dat clogg my fone & mailbox abt ow u were refferd 2 a job in ikorodu or palmgrove Is it insurance coys dt hire today& fire 2moro. because u see pple trekin 4rm costain 2 island in suits doesnt mean jobs yakpa 4 lagos. Ders job 4 lagosians sha because of state ministries like LAWMA & LASTMA & AGBEROS(if Dats d kind job u lukin 4). Banks generally recruit 4 d whole federatn even tho deir HQ is @ lagos.
It's businesses like SME dt R plenty in lagos & dey R already full because of d populatn in lagos.
Dnt cme 2 lagos lukin 4 a job, cme 2 lagos lukin 4 a biz idea no matter ow small.

Is Yahoo(G) a job, if so, den yes lagos is d hub of employment.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Job Opportunities: Why I Envy Lagos State by anonimi: 11:50am On Jan 21, 2016
bettercreature:
The sea port is the major reason here that is why land luck countries always suffer

I thought Port Harcourt and Calabar also have sea ports, not so
Re: Job Opportunities: Why I Envy Lagos State by Sowhizy(f): 11:50am On Jan 21, 2016
barry40:
Lagos remains the hub of economy of Nigeria.

true
Re: Job Opportunities: Why I Envy Lagos State by Idrismusty97(m): 11:53am On Jan 21, 2016
bettercreature:
Population is another factor. We have tons of other states that have access to the sea also.
Re: Job Opportunities: Why I Envy Lagos State by proxillin(m): 11:56am On Jan 21, 2016
The monster city.

Eko aromi salegbe.

Haters please suck some petrol

3 Likes

Re: Job Opportunities: Why I Envy Lagos State by Goke7: 12:03pm On Jan 21, 2016
Truth be told, despite all the economical advantages Lagos have over other states in Nigeria, Lagos state has been the most fortunate state with the best of Governors from Mobolaji Johnson to the likes of Lateef Jakande, Buba Marwa, Bola Tinubu [hate him or like him, Fashola only continued from where he stopped, taking it to another level]and Fashola himself.

These great administrators especially the ones in recent times are largely responsible for Lagos still taking the lead despite the relocation of the Federal capital to Abuja. Lagos is just so fortunate with the best of Governance.

9 Likes

Re: Job Opportunities: Why I Envy Lagos State by viktor01(m): 12:07pm On Jan 21, 2016
The same Lagos wey dey like say them curse? Every penny you earn in Lagos ends in Lagos. grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Job Opportunities: Why I Envy Lagos State by kings09(m): 12:09pm On Jan 21, 2016
If u move half of d activities frm d apapa sea port to another state, dat state will become anoda centre of excellence. Apapa port wch is d gateway to 9ja's economy z d major reason y lagos is still standing out
manny4u:
Despite the 'hard knock' life in the centre of excellence, Lagos state still stands out as the land of opportunities, have been taking survey of all the vacant placements here on Nairaland since December and I must confess that 80 percent of the job opportunities are in Lagos state, while the others share the remaining 20percent including our 'so called' FCT where I reside.

That's commendable I must confess whatever lagos is doing that's working for them in terms of employment other states should take a cue.
N/B Am not saying there is no unemployment in Lagos but it better compared to other states.
Re: Job Opportunities: Why I Envy Lagos State by Goke7: 12:17pm On Jan 21, 2016
kings09:
If u move half of d activities frm d apapa sea port to another state, dat state will become anoda centre of excellence. Apapa port wch is d gateway to 9ja's economy z d major reason y lagos is still standing out

you may have a point, but Governance is key as states like Enugu and Anambra has seen improvements in recent times due to the kind of Governors they have had also in recent times.

Most states have bad Governors simple. Ogun state has seen improvements, its all about Governance as every state has its own economical advantage

5 Likes

Re: Job Opportunities: Why I Envy Lagos State by Soreza(m): 12:18pm On Jan 21, 2016
when can nigerians stop the use of south west south east and just say am glad am nigerian why always the division,to be be honest am already sick of it u can predict the development news on nairaland of any state always come up with division and hatred being displayed AFRICANS GROW UP.

1 Like

Re: Job Opportunities: Why I Envy Lagos State by Cuteamigo1(m): 12:21pm On Jan 21, 2016
izutex007:
I believe the location of lagos is central to the number of jobs there...very close to the sea(a trade zone).

Most trade zones are employment zones
was about to type what u said. no need I guess. u are very correct grin
izutex007:
I believe the location of lagos is central to the number of jobs there...very close to the sea(a trade zone).

Most trade zones are employment zones
was about to type what u said. no need I guess. u are very correct
Re: Job Opportunities: Why I Envy Lagos State by Funkybabee(f): 12:21pm On Jan 21, 2016
yea I envy them too.but if u can't work don't go there Eko ogba rederede ooo
Eko onibaje
Re: Job Opportunities: Why I Envy Lagos State by deebsman1(m): 12:26pm On Jan 21, 2016
How??........becuz the oil facilities are physically located there right
How about other non-oil sector......bro is unarguable, leave sentiments, na general knowledge.

Amberon:
Get your facts right, Rivers state generates more revenue to the government than Lagos. If there was true federalism, Rivers state would've been light years ahead of Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Job Opportunities: Why I Envy Lagos State by Olabestonic001(m): 12:37pm On Jan 21, 2016
coolhamid:
Lagos state is over hyped...
I have lived and worked in kano and Lagos state, if not because of the insurgency plaguing most northern states, I will always choose Kano over Lagos anytime anyday...

Because of such peace of mind, you'll always choose Lagos ahead of other states.

1 Like

Re: Job Opportunities: Why I Envy Lagos State by Olabestonic001(m): 12:42pm On Jan 21, 2016
Amberon:

Lolz. If there's true Federalism, Rivers would NEVER be like Lagos. Even though there is oil in Rivers, the attitude of the society there will ensure Lagos attitudes will always ensure its a hub.

4 Likes

Re: Job Opportunities: Why I Envy Lagos State by Revolva(m): 12:44pm On Jan 21, 2016
Lagos is nigeria...so if u r not here you aare in aa remote bush in nigeria..

1 Like

Re: Job Opportunities: Why I Envy Lagos State by 247notire(m): 12:58pm On Jan 21, 2016
Lagos has been the nerve centre of commerce in nigeria since the 19th century. Most of the biggest coys have their head offices here, so yes its where the most opportunities are. Though you can get rich any whr in nigeria but lagos makes it look so easy. Though I muse add that it can be very stressful cos of traffic and too many criminals and touts evrywhr. Eko o ni baje o!
Re: Job Opportunities: Why I Envy Lagos State by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jan 21, 2016
manny4u:
Despite the 'hard knock' life in the centre of excellence, Lagos state still stands out as the land of opportunities, have been taking survey of all the vacant placements here on Nairaland since December and I must confess that 80 percent of the job opportunities are in Lagos state, while the others share the remaining 20percent including our 'so called' FCT where I reside.

That's commendable I must confess whatever lagos is doing that's working for them in terms of employment other states should take a cue.
N/B Am not saying there is no unemployment in Lagos but it better compared to other states.

One of the reasons that Lagos is so successful is that Lagos is one of the few states in the Federation that gives everyone a chance of success irrespective of where you come from. Secondly, businesses get the chance to choose the best people ( I agree this doesnt happen in every case), the gene pool is simply bigger than elsewhere. This is a feature in cities/states such as New York, London and California. Diversity really does lead to excellence.
Re: Job Opportunities: Why I Envy Lagos State by Amberon: 1:40pm On Jan 21, 2016
There's no sentiments involved and I'm not from Rivers state either. But if there was true Federalism, Rivers revenue would've been light years ahead of Lagos.
deebsman1:
How??........becuz the oil facilities are physically located there right
How about other non-oil sector......bro is unarguable, leave sentiments, na general knowledge.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Job Hunting -the Ideal Nairalander Way / Over Staying In A Company / Nigeria Sss 2016 Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.