Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,858 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

Olubadan Oba Odugade’s Last Words To His Pastor - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Olubadan Oba Odugade’s Last Words To His Pastor (775 Views)

Olubadan, Oba Saliu Enjoying Valentine With Two Of His Wives / The Burial Arrangement For The Olubadan Oba Samuel Odulana Odugade 1 / Why Do Igbo People Claim Yoruba Words To Be Theirs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Olubadan Oba Odugade’s Last Words To His Pastor by TheophilusA: 7:28am On Jan 21, 2016
By JUMI RHODES

The Olubadan of Ibadan, Oba Samuel Odulana Odugade 1 has joined his ancestors. The Anglican Church of Nigeria has lost a prominent member who served God to the end, Oba Odulana Odugade was aged 101. For his age and his health condition, it’s not unusual that the holy communion be administered to him at home. The Provost of St Peter’s Cathedral, Aremo, Ibadan, the Very Reverend Dr Wale Adebuji came to administer the weekly Holy Communion on Oba Odugade on Tuesday morning.

Little did Adebuji know that was the last communion the first-class monarch would take before his passage. Speaking on the communion rites, Adebuji said :”I came around yesterday (Tuesday) to administer the weekly holy communion which I usually gave Kabiyesi every Tuesday. After the programme, he waved me goodbye in Yoruba language (O dabo). But I was surprised to hear in the evening that he had joined the saints.” In the condolence register, Adebuji wrote: “We thank God for a fulfilled life lived by Kabiyesi. He actually and truly served God and humanity. May he rest in perfect peace.”

http://dawntodusknews.com/olubadan-oba-odugades-last-words-to-his-pastor/
Re: Olubadan Oba Odugade’s Last Words To His Pastor by joystickextend1(m): 7:40am On Jan 21, 2016
Everything must come to an end oneday,nothing in life is permanent..even though we detest the word “Death” we will surely be history someday,we jut pray to live long and have a meaniful life..Rip to the oba

(1) (Reply)

Aro Carnival – An Uncommon Event In Arochukwu, Attendants Commend The Organise / Misconceptions About The Nigerian Culture / Beautiful Pictures @ 2017 Ojude Oba Ijebuland Festival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.