Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,176 members, 7,845,860 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

Have You Ever Seen Any Mistakes In The Bible? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have You Ever Seen Any Mistakes In The Bible? (21276 Views)

Have You Ever Seen Juju/jazz In Action? Come In And Share Your Experience / 7 Significant Numbers From The Bible / Have You Ever Seen Any Mistakes In The Quran? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Seen Any Mistakes In The Bible? by CoolUsername: 11:37pm On Jan 26, 2016
Keal:

Why have some humans outrightly chosen to think with their fingers after absorbin' blue light from a phone,computer or tv screen?!

Let me get this straight, do you believe that there's water above the sky?
Re: Have You Ever Seen Any Mistakes In The Bible? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jan 27, 2016
naijacarlovers:
I have read a lot of books in my lifetime, watched TV programs and engaged in other literary activities. In the course of doing these, I have come across lots of mistakes either in spelling, grammar or construction in the English used. But never have I seen any mistake in the Holy book, the Bible. I mean the proper bibles o. Awesome God.

Has anyone seen any?

If yes please answer with proof.

God bless us all.
Well normal English will see it as a mistake but I dunno o
Luke 6:48 .... It mentions "an house" in King James version
Re: Have You Ever Seen Any Mistakes In The Bible? by urahara(m): 8:16pm On Jan 27, 2016
Nawa o. Muslims to dey join criticise Bible errors even wen Quranic errors dey yapa
Re: Have You Ever Seen Any Mistakes In The Bible? by urahara(m): 8:18pm On Jan 27, 2016
CoolUsername:

Let me get this straight, do you believe that there's water above the sky?

The water is not above the sky it's above a mysterious solid structure called the firmament. The book of job says it is as hard as a mirror. I wonder how Nasa managed to get to the moon.
Re: Have You Ever Seen Any Mistakes In The Bible? by urahara(m): 8:19pm On Jan 27, 2016
icybeth:

have ever gone to the sky or above it. Remember that the writers of the bible are inspired by Almighty God to write it.

The writers of enuma elish are inspired also if the Bible is inspired.
Re: Have You Ever Seen Any Mistakes In The Bible? by CoolUsername: 9:17pm On Jan 27, 2016
urahara:

The water is not above the sky it's above a mysterious solid structure called the firmament. The book of job says it is as hard as a mirror. I wonder how Nasa managed to get to the moon.

Everyone knows the moon landing was staged!
/s
Re: Have You Ever Seen Any Mistakes In The Bible? by urahara(m): 9:23pm On Jan 27, 2016
CoolUsername:

Everyone knows the moon landing was staged! /s
Abi o.
Re: Have You Ever Seen Any Mistakes In The Bible? by urahara(m): 9:27pm On Jan 27, 2016
CoolUsername:

Everyone knows the moon landing was staged!
/s

Everyone also knows that Genesis is right about stars that are way way bigger than the sun being just tiny dots of light in the sky. It's so obvious.

Everyone knows that it is logical that it takes God 3 days to make the earth. While it takes merely the ending of a day to create the octillons of stars. That is billions of galaxies each with its billions of stars
Re: Have You Ever Seen Any Mistakes In The Bible? by CoolUsername: 10:15pm On Jan 27, 2016
urahara:

Everyone also knows that Genesis is right about stars that are way way bigger than the sun being just tiny dots of light in the sky. It's so obvious.

Everyone knows that it is logical that it takes God 3 days to make the earth. While it takes merely the ending of a day to create the octillons of stars. That is billions of galaxies each with its billions of stars

Everyone knows that rain fell and flooded the entire world and one family was able to save all the land animals in a boat.

Everyone knows that plants and their seeds can survive being submerged for 5 months.

Everyone knows kangaroos can walk on water, because that's obviously how they made it to Australia from the Middle East.

Everyone that saltwater jellyfish could have easily survived the ocean's salinity reduced because they totally don't spectacularly explode due to osmosis.

Everyone knows that osmosis is just a myth.
/s
Re: Have You Ever Seen Any Mistakes In The Bible? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jan 27, 2016
Did Jesus pray to The Father to prevent the crucifixion?

Yes. (Matthew 26:39; Mark 14:36; Luke 22:42)
No. (John 12:27)

In the gospels which say that Jesus prayed to avoid the cross, how many times did he move away from his disciples to pray?

Three (Matthew 26:36-46 and Mark 14:32-42)
One. No opening is left for another two times. (Luke 22:39-46)

Matthew and Mark agree that Jesus went away and prayed three times. What were the words of the second prayer?

Mark does not give the words but he says that the words were the same as the first prayer (Mark 14:3 9)
Matthew gives us the words, and we can see that they are not the same as in the first (Matthew 26:42)

What did the centurion say when Jesus dies?

Certainly this man was innocent (Luke 23:47)
Truly this man was the Son of God (Mark 15:39)

When Jesus said My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken Me ? in what language did he speak?

Hebrew: the words are Eloi, Eloi ..(Matthew 27:46)
Aramaic: the words are Eloi, Eloi .. (Mark 15:34)

According to the gospels, what were the last words of Jesus before he died?

Father, into thy hands I commit my spirit! (Luke 23:46)
"It is finished" (John 19:30)

When Jesus entered Capernaum he healed the slave of a centurion. Did the centurion come personally to request Jesus for this?

Yes (Matthew 8:5)
No. He sent some elders of the Jews and his friends (Luke 7:3,6)

Adam was told that if and when he eats the forbidden fruit he would die the same day (Genesis 2:17)
Adam ate the fruit and went on to live to a ripe old age of 930 years (Genesis 5:5)

God decided that the life-span of humans will be limited to 120 years (Genesis 6:3)
Many people born after that lived longer than 120. Arpachshad lived 438 years. His son Shelah lived 433 years. His son Eber lived 464 years, etc. (Genesis 11:12-16)

Apart from Jesus did anyone else ascend to heaven?

No (John 3:13)
Yes. And Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven (2 Kings 2:11)

Who was high priest when David went into the house of God and ate the consecrated bread?

Abiathar (Mark 2:26)
Ahimelech, the father of Abiathar (I Samuel 1:1; 22:20)

Was Jesus body wrapped in spices before burial in accordance with Jewish burial customs?

Yes and his female disciples witnessed his burial (John 19:39-40)
No. Jesus was simply wrapped in a linen shroud. Then the women bought and prepared spices so that they may go and anoint him [Jesus) (Mark 16: 1)

When did the women buy the spices?

After the Sabbath was past (Mark 16:1)
Before the Sabbath. The women prepared spices and ointments. Then, on the Sabbath they rested according to the commandment (Luke 23:55 to 24:1)

At what time of day did the women visit the tomb?

Toward the dawn (Matthew 28: 1)
When the sun had risen (Mark 16:2)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Do Fornicators Mean By One Thing Led To Another? / True Life Confession Of A Witch Woman! / Is Abortion the same thing as Murder ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.