Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,879 members, 7,828,130 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

When Will You Start Reaping The Fruit Of Your Labour? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Will You Start Reaping The Fruit Of Your Labour? (2483 Views)

The Fruit Of The Womb: Lamentation From A Married Man. / Who Is Enjoying The Fruits Of Your Labour? / You Shall Reap The Fruit Of Your Labour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Will You Start Reaping The Fruit Of Your Labour? by badboym: 12:14pm On Jun 24, 2009
Someone came to me this morning and was complaining bitterly on why he din't start making babies early in life.He is about 45 now and his first Son is about 7.He just had a set of twins which I attended the naming ceremony not up to a month ago and the total number of children he has is 4.

He has sent his Wife , the twins and his second son who is 3 plus and he intends joining them sometimes soon with his first Son cos he can't cope no more.

One advice he gave to me is that I should try to start having babies as soon as I can.Now that am still young and have the strength cos am still young.I see some sense in what he told me and now I wanna try and go for it as soon as I can but not rushing.Am 26 now and hope to start maybe sometimes next year.

The bottom line is,since he is 45 and his first Son is about 7,that means before the boy graduates and start thinking of taking care of his parents,he would have been more than 60.Unlike my Mum who is not up to 50 and has started reaping the fruits of her labour.

SOME FOOD FOR THOUGHT YOU DO THE DISHES.
Re: When Will You Start Reaping The Fruit Of Your Labour? by Fhemmmy: 12:48pm On Jun 24, 2009
badboym:

Someone came to me this morning and was complaining bitterly on why he din't start making babies early in life.He is about 45 now and his first Son is about 7.He just had a set of twins which I attended the naming ceremony not up to a month ago and the total number of children he has is 4.

He has sent his Wife , the twins and his second son who is 3 plus and he intends joining them sometimes soon with his first Son cos he can't cope no more.

One advice he gave to me is that I should try to start having babies as soon as I can.Now that am still young and have the strength cos am still young.I see some sense in what he told me and now I wanna try and go for it as soon as I can but not rushing.Am 26 now and hope to start maybe sometimes next year.

The bottom line is,since he is 45 and his first Son is about 7,that means before the boy graduates and start thinking of taking care of his parents,he would have been more than 60.Unlike my Mum who is not up to 50 and has started reaping the fruits of her labour.

SOME FOOD FOR THOUGHT YOU DO THE DISHES.

All you said was nice and dandy, however, why do we always have to think about the kids taking care of us?
Why not work hard and invest good enuf so that you will be able to take care of yourself when you grow old? i personally think, the time of the kids taking care of the parents when they grow older is putting pressure on the kids and not nice at all.
Work hard to have enuf to take care of your own self, and if you need help, pay some people to do all that for you and dont start depending on the kids that are yet to even know the course of their lives.
That is just my own 2 cents
Re: When Will You Start Reaping The Fruit Of Your Labour? by badboym: 1:24pm On Jun 24, 2009
Me am just saying my own o.Am the one taking care of my Mum at the moment and am definitely not the kindda Dude that depends on no one.Owning a Home in Lagos is not Moimoi and I got one at my age and more.It's not as if am bragging am just telling you how far have gone at my age.I see sense in what the Dude said,there are unforseen circumstances.It all depends on what you like.For me I wanna see grand children before I die.I wanna see my children become successful all the same.Don't wanna raise em till like secondary school level and drop dead . If you like stay till 40 before you start making yours but for me I think the time is now.

Like I said,It's a food for thought , Na as you decide to dish your own be that.
Re: When Will You Start Reaping The Fruit Of Your Labour? by Fhemmmy: 1:27pm On Jun 24, 2009
There is nothing wrong in starting early and have dem young, oh yeah, there is lots of sense in it, and i do agree with the dude.
Good to know you take care of your parents, i do too, however, we have to break the string at some point and be able to take of ourselves when we grow old and dont put some unnecessary pressure on dem kids.
Re: When Will You Start Reaping The Fruit Of Your Labour? by badboym: 1:49pm On Jun 24, 2009
The Subject of the post might sound otherwise but what I meant there is you need someone that'll take care of you with Love and you mostly get that from your Family.

Like the saying no one likes you more than you.I don't absolutely mean the Financial aspect.
Re: When Will You Start Reaping The Fruit Of Your Labour? by Fhemmmy: 2:05pm On Jun 24, 2009
badboym:

The Subject of the post might sound otherwise but what I meant there is you need someone that'll take care of you with Love and you mostly get that from your Family.

Like the saying no one likes you more than you.I don't absolutely mean the Financial aspect.

So you have 4 kids and they all scattered all over the world, cos you want they to take care of you, would you ask them to move back to NIgeria?
Re: When Will You Start Reaping The Fruit Of Your Labour? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jun 24, 2009
//
Re: When Will You Start Reaping The Fruit Of Your Labour? by Fhemmmy: 4:27pm On Jun 24, 2009
chaircover:

Interesting.

I was speaking to a pastor a few weeks ago and the conversation kind of landed on this topic and he told me something I had never thought about before.

He said parents indirectly place curses on themselves by always praying that their children will look after them financially when they are older.

I saw where he was coming from although I thought the curse bit was a bit extreeme.

I personally pray that when I am old, I would have worked hard enough and saved well enough to be able live comfortably as a pensioner without relying on one kid before I eat. My kids have their own lives. Having said that I love buying gifts for my mum not because she cant afford to buy these items herself but because she is my mum and I love her.

Back to the point; We cant decide the best time to have kids; Gods time is the best.

Someone I know had her first baby at 45 after many failed IVF attempts and she had more of less given up. Will she then tell God that she is too old & doesnt want the baby. No way.

Cheiiiiiiii - The chair has been uncovered again.
thanx jare.
Re: When Will You Start Reaping The Fruit Of Your Labour? by sparta(f): 4:37pm On Jun 24, 2009
I want to leave companies and estates for my children like the Adenugas and Dangotes, not the other way round.
Re: When Will You Start Reaping The Fruit Of Your Labour? by Fhemmmy: 6:33pm On Jun 24, 2009
sparta:

I want to leave companies and estates for my children like the Adenugas and Dangotes, not the other way round.

Amen, so shall it be for us oh.
If the Adenugas and the Dangotes thinking of how long it will take for their kids to take care of them, they wont be where they are.
Re: When Will You Start Reaping The Fruit Of Your Labour? by badboym: 11:23pm On Jun 24, 2009
Everyone has got their Opinions.As for me,I know what to do and it's not as if am not aspiring to be Mogul in future.I see it coming as a matter of fact.Another thing I have noticed is some dudes are just okay with what they have to settle but sometimes,they feel like they wanna make Billions first which was my way of thinking too before but now that has changed.There are unforseen circumstances.
Re: When Will You Start Reaping The Fruit Of Your Labour? by origina9ja(f): 11:15am On Jun 25, 2009
When you are old enough to realise it
Re: When Will You Start Reaping The Fruit Of Your Labour? by Fhemmmy: 12:51pm On Jun 25, 2009
badboym:

Everyone has got their Opinions.As for me,I know what to do and it's not as if am not aspiring to be Mogul in future.I see it coming as a matter of fact.Another thing I have noticed is some dudes are just okay with what they have to settle but sometimes,they feel like they wanna make Billions first which was my way of thinking too before but now that has changed.There are unforseen circumstances.

I agree with you on that one.
A dude once told me that if our parents waits till they are Multi before they are married, we wont be born yet.
However, make sure you are not just marrying cos you wanna make babies, but cos u love the woman and you are sure, she will be the one for rest of your lives.
Re: When Will You Start Reaping The Fruit Of Your Labour? by badboym: 1:03pm On Jun 25, 2009
I know that and that's why I said am not rushing.I guess I have not been searching and now I wanna.
Re: When Will You Start Reaping The Fruit Of Your Labour? by Fhemmmy: 1:46pm On Jun 25, 2009
badboym:

I know that and that's why I said am not rushing.I guess I have not been searching and now I wanna.

Good and i wish you the best in your search.
Remember to invite us for the wedding, i could be a good MC sha, so i have to be the MC oh, so that i can tell the story of how it all begin.
Re: When Will You Start Reaping The Fruit Of Your Labour? by origina9ja(f): 4:02pm On Jun 26, 2009
see as my guy dey advertise him sef
omo na free you want do the job tongue
Re: When Will You Start Reaping The Fruit Of Your Labour? by Fhemmmy: 6:26pm On Jun 26, 2009
origina9ja:

see as my guy dey advertise him sef
omo na free you want do the job tongue

If you are single, the guy will be a good catch oh, so apply before the deadline oh.
Re: When Will You Start Reaping The Fruit Of Your Labour? by Sissy3(f): 6:39pm On Jun 26, 2009
i dont think having children when you are young or old is the problem or should be the concern. i think what matters is having kids when you're especially financially and emotionally able/stable to do so. if you are young/old and you have meet those requirements then do. and having kids young is no guarantee that you will live to see them grow up, young people/parents also die and their children are left behind.
Re: When Will You Start Reaping The Fruit Of Your Labour? by SeanT21(f): 5:21am On Jun 28, 2009
I agree with U poster.I will love to start having kids in my early 20s.
Re: When Will You Start Reaping The Fruit Of Your Labour? by Fhemmmy: 2:33pm On Jun 29, 2009
~Sissy~:

i dont think having children when you are young or old is the problem or should be the concern. i think what matters is having kids when you're especially financially and emotionally able/stable to do so. if you are young/old and you have meet those requirements then do. and having kids young is no guarantee that you will live to see them grow up, young people/parents also die and their children are left behind.

GBAMMMMM.
Having them young doesnt mean they will look after them well too, and a kid that is not well taken cared for is a worm to the society.
Tell them.
Re: When Will You Start Reaping The Fruit Of Your Labour? by biola44: 2:49pm On Jun 29, 2009
i'm already workin hard 2 secure my bright future! wink
Re: When Will You Start Reaping The Fruit Of Your Labour? by Fhemmmy: 2:55pm On Jun 29, 2009
biola44:

i'm already workin hard 2 secure my bright future! wink

good job
Re: When Will You Start Reaping The Fruit Of Your Labour? by biola44: 3:00pm On Jun 29, 2009
thanks jare, @ least politicians r lootin hard 4 rainin days! lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Me Judge This Attitude Exhibition By My Fiancee / Advise On Best Brand Of Deep Freezer To Buy / The Moment You Kneel Down To Apologise To Your Wife, You Become The Woman!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.