Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,398 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

Who Is Enjoying The Fruits Of Your Labour? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Is Enjoying The Fruits Of Your Labour? (3996 Views)

Oyibo Woman Enjoying Her Trip To Abakaliki With Her Hubby / When Will You Start Reaping The Fruit Of Your Labour? / Who Is Enjoying The Fruits Of Your Labour Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Enjoying The Fruits Of Your Labour? by bigfather(m): 12:18pm On Nov 26, 2008
LOOK AT IT THIS WAY, The luxury Cars, Toyotas, Land Cruisers, Rav 4's; Mercedes that are parked 8 hours driven 60 min to the office and 60 minutes back home 5 days out of 7 (i.e. 10 out of 168 hours in a week) And whilst you sit on a not-so-comfortable chair in a small room called an office, your Mansion lies idle with only the House Girl enjoying herself to the 'fried egg and chocolate / Pasta/Fried Plantain breakfast', relaxing on that very expensive leather sofa that we only sit on when we get home, and being so tired, we just doze off to sleep, anyway.

When tired of work, she takes a break, turns on the Plasma TV and spoil herself with the fully subscribed DSTV, perhaps with her next-door-houseboy boyfriend!; of course if she feels bored, she can always turn on that brand name Hifi and swing a bit, And whilst all that is happening where are you? , you are eating a cheap take away lunch (chips dume) everyday and, oh by the way, there is no breakfast really, because it's just a cup of tea a few slices of bread probably with some left-overs from yesterday's supper (for the fortunate few).

Every moment you pray that it could just get to 5.30pm so that you can drive home and join, the House Girli in her mansion!! (Poor you for she own the place more than you!!!). So this is your miserable lot for the rest of your working life , by the time you retire, you'll have no pleasure in them anymore. By now your children would have joined in the Rat Race of finding a good job working very hard and never enjoying the fruits of their labours, its all vanity isn't it?

SO MY QUESTION IS, WHO IS ENJOYING THE FRUITS OF YOUR LABOUR BETTER, YOU OR YOUR HOUSE GIRL ?? undecided
Re: Who Is Enjoying The Fruits Of Your Labour? by benincitys(f): 12:58pm On Nov 26, 2008
me i have no houseGirl
Re: Who Is Enjoying The Fruits Of Your Labour? by mohawkchic(f): 1:03pm On Nov 26, 2008
~Food for thought !!~
Re: Who Is Enjoying The Fruits Of Your Labour? by damiso(f): 4:16pm On Nov 26, 2008
really a food for thought.alot of things have happened to me lately that has made me realise that all this material possesions we chase daily are 'vanity upon vanity'.
Re: Who Is Enjoying The Fruits Of Your Labour? by iice(f): 4:21pm On Nov 26, 2008
Hahhhh me and my family ooo.
Re: Who Is Enjoying The Fruits Of Your Labour? by Outstrip(f): 9:28pm On Nov 26, 2008
Very True
Re: Who Is Enjoying The Fruits Of Your Labour? by realcele: 1:56pm On Nov 27, 2008
Good point then resign and go and enjoy the fruit of your labour grin
Re: Who Is Enjoying The Fruits Of Your Labour? by zukkymike(m): 2:18pm On Nov 27, 2008
realcele:

Good point then resign and go and enjoy the fruit of your labour grin

simple
Re: Who Is Enjoying The Fruits Of Your Labour? by mafolayomi(f): 2:27pm On Nov 27, 2008
me and me alone
Re: Who Is Enjoying The Fruits Of Your Labour? by kumbalo(m): 2:28pm On Nov 27, 2008
Me, Me and Me because I no follow dey the cat race and i dey mind my own biz. cool I dey relax, treat myself to anything wey i feel like; whenever i feel like. Nevertheless, it a food for thought for most of these white collar job seekers.

Make u na dey try enjoy una sef

Peace
Re: Who Is Enjoying The Fruits Of Your Labour? by ScanLess: 2:29pm On Nov 27, 2008
The sleek cars and the leather seats and plasma tv, and the hifi systems are only a fraction of the fruit of ones labour. The real fruit is the whole decent accomodation in its totality,the ability to have and maintain a maid, (if you are not the slave master type), the ability to give your kids good education, among other goodies of life, the ability to take care of momsie in the village, the ability to take care of your own health,the ability to save some that money that you are now throwing about and start your own business(viable one), yes the ability to make meaningful impact on someones life.

If all you are working for in life is just leather seats, and plasma tv, then of all men you are most miserable!!!.
Re: Who Is Enjoying The Fruits Of Your Labour? by JJYOU: 2:35pm On Nov 27, 2008
ScanLess:

The sleek cars and the leather seats and plasma tv, and the hifi systems are only a fraction of the fruit of ones labour.
The real fruit is the whole decent accomodation in its totality,the ability to have and maintain a maid, (if you are not the slave master type), the ability to give your kids good education, among other goodies of life, the ability to take care of momsie in the village, the ability to take care of your own health,the ability to save some that money that you are now throwing about and start your own business(viable one), yes the ability to make meaningful impact on someones life.

If all you are working for in life is just leather seats, and plasma tv, then of all men you are most miserable!!!
comedy question. home truth you told. don't you people hate the idea of not being able to provide these things too?
Re: Who Is Enjoying The Fruits Of Your Labour? by UNLEASHED(m): 2:42pm On Nov 27, 2008
JJYOU:

comedy. don't you hate the idea of not being able to provide these things too?

He said
ScanLess:

The sleek cars and the leather seats and plasma tv, and the hifi systems are only a fraction of the fruit of ones labour.

And it's the truth!
Re: Who Is Enjoying The Fruits Of Your Labour? by JJYOU: 2:45pm On Nov 27, 2008
good home truth i said
Re: Who Is Enjoying The Fruits Of Your Labour? by ayobase(m): 3:17pm On Nov 27, 2008
na only me as for now
Re: Who Is Enjoying The Fruits Of Your Labour? by slyk2(m): 3:29pm On Nov 27, 2008
food for thought1
Re: Who Is Enjoying The Fruits Of Your Labour? by kokorunna(m): 3:58pm On Nov 27, 2008
Me and my family, I don't need any house help.

grin

www.churchwhereabouts.com
Re: Who Is Enjoying The Fruits Of Your Labour? by anonimi: 4:27pm On Nov 27, 2008
the psoter forgot to add:

on saturday, you hop from one owambe birthday, naming, burial or some other i-don-arrive ceremony including 40 year remembrance of some parent or grandparent who died when you had no money.
on sunday, straight to church and there till evening/late afternoon.
time for family NONE
time for vacation- not shopping trips abroad NONE
Re: Who Is Enjoying The Fruits Of Your Labour? by kellygirl(f): 7:47pm On Nov 27, 2008
really food 4 thought indeed.
Re: Who Is Enjoying The Fruits Of Your Labour? by plappville(f): 8:35pm On Nov 27, 2008
almost every1 that is close to me has oneway or the other enjoyed it.
Re: Who Is Enjoying The Fruits Of Your Labour? by shawn123: 8:30am On Nov 28, 2008
True talk, but if you have been through the poverty lane, then you would know that its better for some house girl and her boyfriend to enjoy the fruits of your labour than no one.
Re: Who Is Enjoying The Fruits Of Your Labour? by fyneguy: 8:52am On Nov 28, 2008
@plappville

I am close to you and haven't enjoyed the fruit of your labour o grin
Re: Who Is Enjoying The Fruits Of Your Labour? by topkin(m): 10:28am On Nov 28, 2008
The fact remains that a larger part of the fruits of your labour is not enjoyed by you. Come to think of of it, you work and probably earn some good money but when you want to buy something tangible, say a car, you go leasing or go getting a bank loan, due to the fact that your have little or no savings. You spend more on relatives, friends, siblings and parents than you spend on yourself and u have no choice than to give cos if u don't they view u as tight-fisted and stingy. The humble fact remain that YOU WORK FOR OTHERS AND THE REMNANTS ARE FOR U . I guess that's Naija 4 u! So my dear, live life at full crush, enjoy whatever moment is there for u and be u.
Re: Who Is Enjoying The Fruits Of Your Labour? by ScanLess: 11:07am On Nov 28, 2008
@Top kin

if see those 'OTHERS' as part of you, then you wouldnt feel so bitter about having to spend on them.
Re: Who Is Enjoying The Fruits Of Your Labour? by MrCrackles(m): 11:14am On Nov 28, 2008
The rat in my compound!
Re: Who Is Enjoying The Fruits Of Your Labour? by shetan: 11:33am On Nov 28, 2008
U are the one enjoying the fruit of ur labour with all ur material possessions. U even bought a human being( a housegirl) to be at ur beck and call. This is the kind of life many people are praying for. If u are tired of work, resign, set up a business and put people there to manage it 4 u while u stay at home with the maid to ''enjoy the fruit of ur labour''

1 Like

Re: Who Is Enjoying The Fruits Of Your Labour? by DamiD: 1:45pm On Nov 28, 2008
If you want to enjoy your fruits, you can as well take your house girl along with u to the office, or better still stay at home with her, or dont even have any so that u'll enjoy your chores to the fullest.
Re: Who Is Enjoying The Fruits Of Your Labour? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Nov 28, 2008
first of all who are u sweating for? All the wahala is to put food on the table, wear gud cloths, live comfortably, in a nut shell live the gud life. The question is are u living the gud life? What is ur definition of a gud life?

Wake up
the fruits of ur labour is vanity, which will vanish like vapour, seek eternity!
Re: Who Is Enjoying The Fruits Of Your Labour? by angelina08(f): 3:35pm On Nov 28, 2008
I am still a Student for now, buy if i start working, it is only my families will enjoy the fruits of my labour.
Re: Who Is Enjoying The Fruits Of Your Labour? by abujabooks(f): 3:46pm On Nov 28, 2008
@Poster,

U r very right. I don't hv an housegirl.

5 yrs ago, I sat down and thought to myself that, my kids r growing up fast. I am allowed 18yrs to spend with them. After 18yrs, dy r off 2 Uni & dy will live their own lives.

So, I acquired new skills and looked for a job that I cn do from home. Nt just a crappy & lowly paid but a fulfilling career. I found loads.

I own my own business. I work from home. Spend loads of time with my kids & hubby. I am fulfilled.

Occasionally, When I go to Central London, and I stop and look at d men & women rushing 2 get 2 work or get home. I am grateful to God.

My children & I r enjoying d fruits of my labour.

I dress better than most of my friends in d rat race.

They tell me dy wish dy cn. I tell dm, dy cn if dy want to.

How?

Cut down on ur expenses.
Realign ur priorities.

I am yet to find a billionaire on his dying bed, who wished he spent more time at d office. They always wished dy spent more time with their wife & kids.

Blessed & wise is d person who cn apply this life principle.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Enjoying The Fruits Of Your Labour? by damiso(f): 4:30pm On Nov 28, 2008
abujabooks:

@Poster,

U r very right. I don't hv an housegirl.

5 years ago, I sat down and thought to myself that, my kids r growing up fast. I am allowed 18yrs to spend with them. After 18yrs, dy r off 2 Uni & dy will live their own lives.

So, I acquired new skills and looked for a job that I cn do from home. Nt just a crappy & lowly paid but a fulfilling career. I found loads.

I own my own business. I work from home. Spend loads of time with my kids & hubby. I am fulfilled.

Occasionally, When I go to Central London, and I stop and look at d men & women rushing 2 get 2 work or get home. I am grateful to God.

My children & I r enjoying d fruits of my labour.

I dress better than most of my friends in d rat race.

They tell me dy wish dy cn. I tell dm, dy cn if dy want to.

How?

Cut down on ur expenses.
Realign ur priorities.

I am yet to find a billionaire on his dying bed, who wished he spent more time at d office. They always wished dy spent more time with their wife & kids.

Blessed & wise is d person who cn apply this life principle.

WORD.really looking inwards to see how i would be able to achieve this when my kids start coming and need me.
Re: Who Is Enjoying The Fruits Of Your Labour? by Builder: 7:22pm On Nov 28, 2008
@Poster,

To start with, whats your obsession with house girls? Anyways, why would a man rent or buy a house with a housegirl and no job for the girl. . In any case, if she is servicing me and caring for my bedroom needs who cares who is enjoying whose fruits of labour.

(1) (2) (Reply)

He Stole Again / Should I Go On With The Relationship Or End It. / First Bank Nigeria Is After My Life And Future

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.